Suggestion with rankings and titles

in PvP

Posted by: SharpShot.9508

SharpShot.9508

I have noticed with the new ranking update (dragon @ 55) there are a lot of high rank players who are complaining that their efforts over the last two years will have been meaningless. There needs to be some sort of way for long time players of ranks 55-80(by the current system) to be differentiated.

My suggestion is that we expand the Champion titles to be beyond 150 tournament wins and display on your character, (e.g. Champion Shadow II, Champion Shadow III and so on…) This way a player’s accomplishments in arena are separated from the glory rank and truly prestigious players can be recognized by having a high champion title.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I think you meant to say “truly prestigious” players.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Excellent idea. As long as the notion of progression is still maintained in some form or the other after we hit 80, I’ll continue playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

nice one finally

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Well I just don´t want every r55 spamming the dragon. Simple as that.

As for the op proposal, it´s good, but r55 should never be dragon, rather 70

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Just remembered that you’re automatically paired up with people of your own MMR. By definition therefore you will always win 50% and lose 50% no matter how good or bad you are. So won tournaments are again not a measure of skill, but merely of time spent since you always win half of the total matches you play regardless of skill.

For some reason people don’t like the idea of rewarding people for time spent. So this idea while sounding more like what they seem to want, is in reality merely another measure of time spent.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Dear sir, you are getting rather annoying.

Ostrich Eggs might have a big ego, but at least his complaint makes sense : he’s not getting as many chests as the r55 and he’s had chests filled with poor rewards instead.

You, on the other hand, just seem want the rewards to be solely for the r70s while you don’t even try to offer constructive solutions. Guess what : no one cares what you specifically want. If people offer solutions so that the r70 aren’t somehow harmed by the rank changes, maybe Anet will listen and use those ideas. Complaining like you do doesn’t help anyone and is starting to be particularly annoying.

Another good idea, thank you OP.

in PvP

SharpShot.9508

Just remembered that you’re automatically paired up with people of your own MMR. By definition therefore you will always win 50% and lose 50% no matter how good or bad you are. So won tournaments are again not a measure of skill, but merely of time spent since you always win half of the total matches you play regardless of skill.

For some reason people don’t like the idea of rewarding people for time spent. So this idea while sounding more like what they seem to want, is in reality merely another measure of time spent.

The key difference is that this is time spent winning in arena, in a specific profession, instead of just time spent anywhere. It is definitely a step in the right direction and it is so simple to implement.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The key difference is that this is time spent winning in arena, in a specific profession, instead of just time spent anywhere. It is definitely a step in the right direction and it is so simple to implement.

But that’s my point. The mathematics works out in a way that you always win half of what you play. So just spend time in an arena regardless of skill and you’ll eventually reach the title at the same speed as a high ranked player. So it’s not different from rank points at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for it since rank points are about to take a plunge. I’m just pointing out the way the numbers work. If we can sell it to not offend ragers who somehow think that progression and time spent in PvP is a bad thing, then this will have my staunchest support.

But intellectually I will know that it’s no different from rank points.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Ostrich Eggs might have a big ego, but at least his complaint makes sense : he’s not getting as many chests as the r55 and he’s had chests filled with poor rewards instead.

You, on the other hand, just seem want the rewards to be solely for the r70s while you don’t even try to offer constructive solutions. Guess what : no one cares what you specifically want. If people offer solutions so that the r70 aren’t somehow harmed by the rank changes, maybe Anet will listen and use those ideas. Complaining like you do doesn’t help anyone and is starting to be particularly annoying.

You do you have problems with reading comprehension.
The solution I´m proposing is pretty much clear: r70 being dragon.
Don´t read if your eyes bleed. These are forums, opinion is free to be expressed.
Furthermore, There are many topics asking the same than me: r70 being dragon. There are also players in game sharing this same thought.

And guess what? Arena-net is open to this kind of feedback.

in PvP

SharpShot.9508

But that’s my point. The mathematics works out in a way that you always win half of what you play. So just spend time in an arena regardless of skill and you’ll eventually reach the title at the same speed as a high ranked player. So it’s not different from rank points at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for it since rank points are about to take a plunge. I’m just pointing out the way the numbers work.

I do see your point but consider this:

If we examine the current leaderboards, almost every top player has a win pct of 60-70% and even higher in team arena.

I think that this will also help with weeding out players who were skyhammer farming and so forth.

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I like SharpShot’s idea in the first post, I feel like expanding on the tournament win titles and assigning a little more achievement points to them will both help add a sense of prestige and individualism to the rewards. I also like bhagwad’s idea about exclusive titles for tournament ranking, and both should be done.

Example for SharpShot’s idea:

125 tournament wins = Phantom I (10 AP stacking)
250 tournament wins = Genius II (15 AP stacking)
375 tournament wins = Paragon III (20 AP stacking)
500 tournament wins = Champion Legionnaire (25 AP stacking)

For bhagwad’s idea, create PvP seasons like they were talking about in the CDI thread, at the end of each season:

top 100 = Tournament Challenger (60 AP, not stacking)
top 50 = Tournament Soldier (70 AP, not stacking)
top 25 = Tournament Veteran (80 AP, not stacking)
top 10 = Tournament Master (90 AP, not stacking)
top 5 = Tournament Legend (100 AP, not stacking)

EDIT I rewrote my whole post for clarity.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Don´t read if your eyes bleed. These are forums, opinion is free to be expressed.
Furthermore, There are many topics asking the same than me: r70 being dragon. There are also players in game sharing this same thought.

You had more time to FARM than everyone else, that’s all rank70 means. If you haven’t been able to figure that out idk what to say.

I just hope Anet doesn’t listen to all the complainers(I do agree the high ranked players deserve something be it a title or more chests), but some of use can see the good in changing ranks like this. It will FINALLY give players that can’t devote their whole lives to pvp something to go for.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

You had more time to FARM than everyone else, that’s all rank70 means. If you haven’t been able to figure that out idk what to say.

I just hope Anet doesn’t listen to all the complainers(I do agree the high ranked players deserve something be it a title or more chests), but some of use can see the good in changing ranks like this. It will FINALLY give players that can’t devote their whole lives to pvp something to go for.

I feel sorry for you mate, but Dragon Rank shouldn´t be something every casual should get. It´s meant to be for the most dedicated players. It was that way back in guild wars 1, and it has to be that way here.

in PvP

SharpShot.9508

I feel sorry for you mate, but Dragon Rank shouldn´t be something every casual should get. It´s meant to be for the most dedicated players. It was that way back in guild wars 1, and it has to be that way here.

This conversation is really diverting from the main point of this post. I am not anything for or against changing glory rank, I am just saying that this suggestion will give more serious players something else to strive for besides just glory rank.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

You talk as if spending time “farming” shouldn’t be rewarded. This was an MMORPG the last time I checked.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

No doubt there is no censorship and you are free to express your opinion, you should definitely open a thread to make that proposal instead of polluting every single thread that offers some thoughtful solutions on the matter.

ArenaNet is open to feedback, your answer is more of a “You are wrong, change it that way because I say so” while they obviously have their reasons for wanting to change the ranks that way. You are not even offering arguments to support your idea, so then again : go and create your own thread, it will probably be the 7th on the matter and probably the least interesting of all.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

No trust me, I feel much more sorry for you because to get rank65+ you have to make PvP your life, and that’s sad. I don’t know if it’s rose colored glasses or something else on these forums, but the system in GW1 for rank was horrendous it promoted elitism and slowly strangled itself to death.

The only reason I’m still posting in these threads is because I want Anet to see that there are people who want this, that it has the makings of bringing new life into pvp.

I know I won’t change any minds, because you don’t care, everyone screeching about “dragon rank is going to be worthless” can only see their “prestige(LOL grind is a better term)” disappear. The same people have been begging for ways to bring new people(or old ones back) into pvp. This is the first step, I would guess the next few would be adding rewards into leaderboards and adding seasons with rewards for the top players. I’m also guessing adding more game modes is in that track. So stop being selfish, figure out that time != skill, and give ideas on new rewards and game modes Anet can use to rewards skill instead of time.

Edit: Paragraphs because it turned into a much larger post than I originally planned on.

(edited by sirflamesword.3896)

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

No it doesn’t have to be that way here, for two reasons :

1) You are not the one who decides what “has to be”

2) This is guild wars 2, not guild wars 1. If you want to play guild wars 1, feel free to play it again

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

No trust me, I feel much more sorry for you because to get rank65+ you have to make PvP your life, and that’s sad. I don’t know if it’s rose colored glasses or something else on these forums, but the system in GW1 for rank was horrendous it promoted elitism and slowly strangled itself to death. The only reason I’m still posting in these threads is because I want Anet to see that there are people who want this, that it has the makings of bringing new life into pvp. I know I won’t change any minds, because you don’t care, everyone screeching about “dragon rank is going to be worthless” can only see their “prestige(LOL grind is a better term)” disappear. The same people have been begging for ways to bring new people(or old ones back) into pvp. This is the first step, I would guess the next few would be adding rewards into leaderboards and adding seasons with rewards for the top players. I’m also guessing adding more game modes is in that track. So stop being selfish, figure out that time != skill, and give ideas on new rewards and game modes Anet can use to rewards skill instead of time.

I think I agree with this fellow.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for it since rank points are about to take a plunge. I’m just pointing out the way the numbers work. If we can sell it to not offend ragers who somehow think that progression and time spent in PvP is a bad thing, then this will have my staunchest support.

But intellectually I will know that it’s no different from rank points.

Except you are completely wrong because the formula needs far more players to be effective, once you get to the top of the leaderboard the queues take forever while it expands the search until you just end up waiting 5-10 min to smash some noobs that have never pvped before. It is very rare for equally skilled teams to be matched together these days. Hopefully the new reward system will bring enough interest to pvp that the player base improves and some real competition can come back to the game.

in PvP

Posted by: mfrelas.9476

mfrelas.9476

The frustration that veteran players are having is the achievements are either too hard or too easy to get. The nice thing about rank was that it was a tiered system so dedicated players had a method of displaying time invested. Now that that’s being taken away all they have to go for is one title. Champion brawler, which is 10,000 tournament wins… and then that’s it. It takes all incentive for veteran players to strive any further than that.

in PvP

Posted by: mfrelas.9476

mfrelas.9476

No trust me, I feel much more sorry for you because to get rank65+ you have to make PvP your life, and that’s sad. I don’t know if it’s rose colored glasses or something else on these forums, but the system in GW1 for rank was horrendous it promoted elitism and slowly strangled itself to death.

The only reason I’m still posting in these threads is because I want Anet to see that there are people who want this, that it has the makings of bringing new life into pvp.

I know I won’t change any minds, because you don’t care, everyone screeching about “dragon rank is going to be worthless” can only see their “prestige(LOL grind is a better term)” disappear. The same people have been begging for ways to bring new people(or old ones back) into pvp. This is the first step, I would guess the next few would be adding rewards into leaderboards and adding seasons with rewards for the top players. I’m also guessing adding more game modes is in that track. So stop being selfish, figure out that time != skill, and give ideas on new rewards and game modes Anet can use to rewards skill instead of time.

Edit: Paragraphs because it turned into a much larger post than I originally planned on.

Stop being selfish? All we want is a spectrum to show off our skill/time invested. YOU just want achievements and titles that are easy to get. Of course there are other ways to show skill off (LoL and SC2 ladders for example?) but ANet seems to not listen to these suggestions. OP offers an alternative that’s easy to implement and doens’t step on anyone’s toes.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

Stop being selfish? All we want is a spectrum to show off our skill/time invested. YOU just want achievements and titles that are easy to get. Of course there are other ways to show skill off (LoL and SC2 ladders for example?) but ANet seems to not listen to these suggestions. OP offers an alternative that’s easy to implement and doens’t step on anyone’s toes.

No where did I say selfish, plus my post wasn’t directed towards the OP as my quoting the other person would show. I actually like the ops idea, it is a nice and clean way to show, wow this guy has won A TON of tourneys on these characters.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

No it doesn’t have to be that way here, for two reasons :

1) You are not the one who decides what “has to be”

2) This is guild wars 2, not guild wars 1. If you want to play guild wars 1, feel free to play it again

1) Neither you decide things in this game, it is Arenanet

2) Exactly, since it is the sequel to guild wars 1, it is supposed to continue the main patterns of its prequel.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

No doubt there is no censorship and you are free to express your opinion, you should definitely open a thread to make that proposal instead of polluting every single thread that offers some thoughtful solutions on the matter.

ArenaNet is open to feedback, your answer is more of a “You are wrong, change it that way because I say so” while they obviously have their reasons for wanting to change the ranks that way. You are not even offering arguments to support your idea, so then again : go and create your own thread, it will probably be the 7th on the matter and probably the least interesting of all.

I already opened a thread, which has gotten plenty of views and replies. Nevertheless, I´ll continue expressing my concerns on future threads.
I don´t care what you personally think about my solution, you are no veteran neither dedicated pvper, while I am, and I have been speaking with lots of them, and they share my opinion.
Changing it to r70 is ultimately, another suggestion, whenever you want to take it by youself.

Finally, I do have lots of reasons as to why r70 should be the real dragon and for your information, the thread I made has gotten up to 1.400 views and many replies.

Definitely your opinion as a random, doesn´t really matter to me, since you haven´t dedicated much effort in this pvp, your opinion isn´t highly valuable to me.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Man its really getting kittening annoying to read all these whine threads, where the same ~five players keep writing the same bullkitten again and again. Theres no way ANet has possibly not seen your rant posts, as you have literally flooded this subforum with your whine.

I might get infracted for this, but you guys are getting more and more pathetic each day. We’ve all heard your concerns about the rank changes and possible solutions and I even agree that their current system wouldn’t be fair to players of your kind, but right now you are just annoying the kitten out of us, so cut your whine already. Some people really seem to forget that this is just a game, but then again for some it seems to be their life… poor people.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Why not simply giving them timestamps?

Wouldn’t be a [2014-01-20] Legendary Champion more prestigious than a [2017-12-06] one?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Man its really getting kittening annoying to read all these whine threads, where the same ~five players keep writing the same bullkitten again and again. Theres no way ANet has possibly not seen your rant posts, as you have literally flooded this subforum with your whine.

I might get infracted for this, but you guys are getting more and more pathetic each day. We’ve all heard your concerns about the rank changes and possible solutions and I even agree that their current system wouldn’t be fair to players of your kind, but right now you are just annoying the kitten out of us, so cut your whine already. Some people really seem to forget that this is just a game, but then again for some it seems to be their life… poor people.

Synthesizing:
-You are agree with us about r55 being wrong.
-You are tired of reading posts (Dont read anymore).
-You show some empathy for people that spends time on guild wars 2.

Not a bad post at all, enough constructive. Thanks for your support on our matter. Now you can go back do your stuff.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

2) Exactly, since it is the sequel to guild wars 1, it is supposed to continue the main patterns of its prequel.

I never implied that something has to be, unlike you. So telling me that ArenaNet is in charge feels kinda pointless.

Guild Wars 2 has very little in common with Guild Wars 1 : be it lore, PvE, PvP, gameplay, playable races and so on and so forth. So no, there is no particular reason why GW2 should follow the same pattern as GW1.

I already opened a thread, which has gotten plenty of views and replies. Nevertheless, I´ll continue expressing my concerns on future threads.
I don´t care what you personally think about my solution, you are no veteran neither dedicated pvper, while I am, and I have been speaking with lots of them, and they share my opinion.
Changing it to r70 is ultimately, another suggestion, whenever you want to take it by youself.

Finally, I do have lots of reasons as to why r70 should be the real dragon and for your information, the thread I made has gotten up to 1.400 views and many replies.

Definitely your opinion as a random, doesn´t really matter to me, since you haven´t dedicated much effort in this pvp, your opinion isn´t highly valuable to me.

Sadly it doesn’t matter whether my opinion is valuable to you or not, nor does it matter if I am not a pvp veteran according to you : all that matters are suggestions. Yours is far from being the most constructive and that’s all there is to it.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Sadly it doesn’t matter whether my opinion is valuable to you or not, nor does it matter if I am not a pvp veteran according to you : all that matters are suggestions. Yours is far from being the most constructive and that’s all there is to it.

Agreed.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

I never implied that something has to be, unlike you. So telling me that ArenaNet is in charge feels kinda pointless.

Guild Wars 2 has very little in common with Guild Wars 1 : be it lore, PvE, PvP, gameplay, playable races and so on and so forth. So no, there is no particular reason why GW2 should follow the same pattern as GW1.

It´s not constructive just for you. But once again, you are just a newcomer who hasn´t showed dedication in pvp and you are trying to debate our proposal against the people who has been here since release showing their effort.

Sorry mate, but no way some of us could take you into consideration. You haven´t proved any dedication or effort in this game in order to judge if our suggestion is constructive or not.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

It´s not constructive just for you. But once again, you are just a newcomer who hasn´t showed dedication in pvp and you are trying to debate our proposal against the people who has been here since release showing their effort.

Sorry mate, but no way some of us could take you into consideration. You haven´t proved any dedication or effort in this game in order to judge if our suggestion is constructive or not.

I suggest you read the other post right above yours and the post below mine : I’m not the only one thinking that way. I’ve been playing since release so I’m not entirely clueless either, despite your assuming that I am. So yes, I can judge that just saying “you are wrong, make it r70” without backing up that claim with arguments is not a proper suggestion.

Again, whether or not you take my opinion into consideration doesn’t matter : each and every single one of the players matter regardless of your personal opinion.

ArenaNet wish to diminish the difficulty of attaining r80 so that the PvE players feel more attracted by PvP : you can’t just say “Don’t do that, I’m r70 so put dragon at r70 thx” and expect anyone to take you seriously when you say you are being constructive.

Besides, your topic is currently on the 4th page of the forums : maybe it is a sign that your idea isn’t the brightest and looks very self-centered? other than that, you’ve expressed it in a thread, got answers. Why do you keep on posting that idea on threads that are offering other possibilities?

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

YOU are supposed to be taken into consideration? Why? Just because you put more time into sPvP than other people? That makes you more worthwhile? PvP should be constantly pulling in new people otherwise you will never have a population. If you only focus on the people at the top this won’t happen. Somebody accused me of calling “top end”(lol) players selfish and I don’t think that way, but YOU, YOU are selfish. It is coming out in EVERY post you make, you only care about yourself and not about the health of the game mode. More time = more dedication? That’s not true at all, more time = no life outside of pvp, THAT’S IT. Have fun playing spvp with yourself and the 10 other no lifers in the game, tell me when that stops being fun.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

I suggest you read the other post right above yours and the post below mine : I’m not the only one thinking that way. I’ve been playing since release so I’m not entirely clueless either, despite your assuming that I am. So yes, I can judge that just saying “you are wrong, make it r70” without backing up that claim with arguments is not a proper suggestion.

Again, whether or not you take my opinion into consideration doesn’t matter : each and every single one of the players matter regardless of your personal opinion.

ArenaNet wish to diminish the difficulty of attaining r80 so that the PvE players feel more attracted by PvP : you can’t just say “Don’t do that, I’m r70 so put dragon at r70 thx” and expect anyone to take you seriously when you say you are being constructive.

Besides, your topic is currently on the 4th page of the forums : maybe it is a sign that your idea isn’t the brightest and looks very self-centered? other than that, you’ve expressed it in a thread, got answers. Why do you keep on posting that idea on threads that are offering other possibilities?

We´ve explained many times the reasons as to why upper r70 should be the real dragon. You really need to start reading over.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Synthesizing:
-You are agree with us about r55 being wrong.
-You are tired of reading posts (Dont read anymore).
-You show some empathy for people that spends time on guild wars 2.

Not a bad post at all, enough constructive. Thanks for your support on our matter. Now you can go back do your stuff.

I never said that r55 was wrong. If I had to level from rank 1 to 55 now, I would probably say its pretty reasonable and justified, the problem is just that the rank overhaul comes in (too) late in some way. Many PvP’ers have been leveling for well over 1 1/2 years, so that many of them are already 50+. Your only choice to look more unique therefore is to be even higher ranked. If they’re now all pushed to 80, the higher ranked ones basically lose their distinction indicator, BUT if the rank update kicked in like a year ago, I’d bet that almost noone would complain about it (as you guys probably would’ve been the only ones being insta 80 then).

Sucks for you, but this will definitely help the activity of PvP, I just wish you guys would be at least compensated with some reward chests (even if its well over 200), but constantly claiming r70 should only be dragon is just due to the fact that you guys understandably want to be unique, but if you’re honest grinding to r70 atm needs a ridiculous amount of time (too much).

If I were ANet, I would probably give the current r70’s 60’s and 50’s some unique title with different colors (gold/silver/bronze), just to please you guys and cut down the whine. Personally I’m only r45 yet, as I started playing tPvP actively like 4 months ago, so I’m of course looking forward to the update, still wouldn’t have minded the new cap to be r60 atm, but anything above that would really be too grindy for such a casual game that GW2 is (still love it though).

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

We´ve explained many times the reasons as to why upper r70 should be the real dragon. You really need to start reading over.

Sadly, you haven’t done so on this thread, nor on any thread but yours, you’ve just stated your idea is better, end of story.
You also haven’t answered any of the other points I’ve raised, including the question at the end of my posts. Please feel free to do so.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

YOU are supposed to be taken into consideration? Why? Just because you put more time into sPvP than other people? That makes you more worthwhile? PvP should be constantly pulling in new people otherwise you will never have a population. If you only focus on the people at the top this won’t happen. Somebody accused me of calling “top end”(lol) players selfish and I don’t think that way, but YOU, YOU are selfish. It is coming out in EVERY post you make, you only care about yourself and not about the health of the game mode. More time = more dedication? That’s not true at all, more time = no life outside of pvp, THAT’S IT. Have fun playing spvp with yourself and the 10 other no lifers in the game, tell me when that stops being fun.

There are many ways of calling new players attention, and making r55 dragon isn´t the only one possible out there. It damages the prestige of this game highly.

Keep saying whatever you want, there are many players sharing my same thoughts, they are just not being as active and loud as I am being. Feel free to scroll on next pages to check for other players opinions.

I would advice you to keep reserved about high ranked players real life, it is not something you should be taking care of. It is good for you to stop moaning about what others do with their free time.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

There are many ways of calling new players attention, and making r55 dragon isn´t the only one possible out there. It damages the prestige of this game highly.

Keep saying whatever you want, there are many players sharing my same thoughts, they are just not being as active and loud as I am being. Feel free to scroll on next pages to check for other players opinions.

I would advice you to keep reserved about high ranked players real life, it is not something you should be taking care of. It is good for you to stop moaning about what others do with their free time.

You keep saying prestige this prestige that, but what prestige? I don’t see a rank60+ in teamq or soloq and say, holy crap that guy has to be good, most of the time it’s more like HOW IS THAT GUY 60+, HE SUCKS! Time != skill, oh well, it’s not worth it hopefully Anet will follow through and it will give some people(including me) a reason to come back to pvp. If not, it’s no skin off my back because I also enjoy the other parts of the game.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Sadly, you haven’t done so on this thread, nor on any thread but yours, you’ve just stated your idea is better, end of story.
You also haven’t answered any of the other points I’ve raised, including the question at the end of my posts. Please feel free to do so.

Because right now rewards for playing pvp are much stronger than they were before.
People is getting 500 rank per win on hot joins. 1500 or even more in team arena. It´s not going to take much time for players to reach r70 and it still keeps being a long term goal (which is what it should be).

I´m not talking about the reward chests idea much, I just said I support it and that higher ranked players should obviously get more chests / rewards or whatever than lower ranked, that´s by logic true.
But for the dedicated players, those rewards are kind of second matter to us, what we care is about the prestige and fame attached to being a high rank, which is being killed in case of this stream going ahead.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

You keep saying prestige this prestige that, but what prestige? I don’t see a rank60+ in teamq or soloq and say, holy crap that guy has to be good, most of the time it’s more like HOW IS THAT GUY 60+, HE SUCKS! Time != skill, oh well, it’s not worth it hopefully Anet will follow through and it will give some people(including me) a reason to come back to pvp. If not, it’s no skin off my back because I also enjoy the other parts of the game.

You must definitely be a new player, since you don´t understand the idea of prestige. Maybe hardcore pvp is not your thing, therefore you shouldn´t even be putting your hands into this matter.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

You must definitely be a new player, since you don´t understand the idea of prestige. Maybe hardcore pvp is not your thing, therefore you shouldn´t even be putting your hands into this matter.

Yup completely brand new, 7 year of GW1 and First Beta GW2. Somehow time investment has become what people equate prestige to instead of Skill. It’s kinda sad.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Yup completely brand new, 7 year of GW1 and First Beta GW2. Somehow time investment has become what people equate prestige to instead of Skill. It’s kinda sad.

No, it´s not sad. I invested a lot of time playing tennis tournaments and training since I was a kid, and I became a top pro player in my region.

Time invested is the key for success and getting better, along with innate talent.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

No, it´s not sad. I invested a lot of time playing tennis tournaments and training since I was a kid, and I became a top pro player in my region.

Time invested is the key for success and getting better, along with innate talent.

You do know ranks are more like giving someone a championship trophy for practicing alot right? Instead of playing well.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

You do know ranks are more like giving someone a championship trophy for practicing alot right? Instead of playing well.

You get good by practicing mate.

Train makes the best champions, not only talent.
Practice is as important.

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

…..Everyone understands practice makes perfect. But after practicing you have to show how skillful you have become to get rewarded from that practice.

RANKS SKIP THIS STEP. You get rewarded for how much practice you have done, BUT NOT FOR HOW SKILLFUL YOU HAVE BECOME. That is why ranks are worthless and should be only a moderate goal to go for. The change to ranks will do this. Everyone(and this includes anet) understands there now needs to be changes to reward players FOR SKILL and that’s what leaderboards and season will do. That’s why the pvp blog was called Building a Strong FOUNDATION, meaning all measure of rewards, tournaments, and other fun things will be build on this. Everyone also understands that the people who have put thousands of hours into getting r70 are getting the short end, but can noone see the light at the end of the tunnel where pvp has stopped being a grind and is more focused on skill like it is meant to be?

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

…..Everyone understands practice makes perfect. But after practicing you have to show how skillful you have become to get rewarded from that practice.

RANKS SKIP THIS STEP. You get rewarded for how much practice you have done, BUT NOT FOR HOW SKILLFUL YOU HAVE BECOME. That is why ranks are worthless and should be only a moderate goal to go for. The change to ranks will do this. Everyone(and this includes anet) understands there now needs to be changes to reward players FOR SKILL and that’s what leaderboards and season will do. That’s why the pvp blog was called Building a Strong FOUNDATION, meaning all measure of rewards, tournaments, and other fun things will be build on this. Everyone also understands that the people who have put thousands of hours into getting r70 are getting the short end, but can noone see the light at the end of the tunnel where pvp has stopped being a grind and is more focused on skill like it is meant to be?

Practice makes you raise your skill, didnt you know?

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

So I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall, so I just going to stop. GG you won the arguement through lack of understanding.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

So I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall, so I just going to stop. GG you won the arguement through lack of understanding.

GG brother, you are wasting your time, it is impossible you can counter argument on what I´m saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What if current rank finishers were guardian-flame-blue (for example), and forever unattainable in that color after the update.

So a blue phoenix would be “worth” way more than a (what are they currently, yellow? I’m color blind) yellow dragon.