Super easy pvp league season

in PvP

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

Has anyone else been having a very easy time this season? Im at tier 5 of emerald, and I’ve only lost 2 games so far. Lot’s of them have been blow outs. I won like 500 to 5 with an all solo team. I guess if the goal is to make skilled players progress faster it is working, but I’d also like to face some challenging opponents. I guess it will get better as I get in higher divisions since more skilled people will be there. At least this season will probably indicate skill more. Just wondering what u guys thought.

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

in PvP

Posted by: Aurugal.6954

Aurugal.6954

Has anyone else been having a very easy time this season? Im at tier 5 of emerald, and I’ve only lost 2 games so far. Lot’s of them have been blow outs. I won like 500 to 5 with an all solo team. I guess if the goal is to make skilled players progress faster it is working, but I’d also like to face some challenging opponents. I guess it will get better as I get in higher divisions since more skilled people will be there. At least this season will probably indicate skill more. Just wondering what u guys thought.

+1 all the way

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Probably going to change when you get up another league or two. It’s supposed to be easier at the beginning now if you are better then average.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

just had my first defeat after 13 wins..idk

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I won my first 29 games of the league before I lost a single one, very few of those were even close. In total I won every game until I got to the last tier of sapphire. Since then I have had about a 50% win rate but did manage to get into ruby. So yes, from my experience the lower leagues are supposed to be very easy but once you are in the higher leagues (ruby and above) you should find progress more difficult.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Yes, everyone complaining on these forums are terrible. The start of the PvP season has been nothing but wins by blowouts for me.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

That’s because it’s like Olympics vs Special Olympics right now. I really think they should start higher tier players ahead at least one division.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

go play at sapphire and ruby where everyone is at atm, u will feel the salt. then u know ur playing at your right division.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

already half way through ruby..really fast..compare to the frustration and time i had to spend last season

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

You do realize that its just as likely that your got carried though all of these games by 1-4 players and your not actually in your skill division. Just something to ponder for a few of overconfident players posting here. Guess it does not really matter because eventually you will stop being carried and be stuck in what ever division you are in.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Haha some people here are either trollng or don’t understand the impact of the RNG of their first few matches. If we are in a day and age where having more luck and being carried trumps skill then I fear for this game.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: anek.3249

anek.3249

It’s because of how the MMR works this season. If you have good MMR you’re gonna get good team mates, that’s how it works now . If you had good first matches you’re gonna get it easy through the season for a while.

in PvP

Plykin.5764

It’s because of how the MMR works this season. If you have good MMR you’re gonna get good team mates, that’s how it works now . If you had good first matches you’re gonna get it easy through the season for a while.

Yes if you had good mmr and got lucky to be on the side with the high mmr team you will advance. If you had good mmr and got unlucky and the other side was higher. You lost and your mmr tanked now you are stuck in a endless cycle for a couple of weeks.

Example

Tom has 2500 MMR he gets matched with team mates also with 2500 MMR. But wait Tom is hella unlucky and the other team has 3200 MMR. Tom gets destroyed his mmr drops to 1800. Tom plays another game same thing happens now he has 1200 mmr. Tom is kittened.

OR

Tom has 2500 MMR and his team mates have 2500 MMR. The enemy team has 1800 MMR. Tom wins. Tom climbs. Thinks hes really good but really he just got lucky enough to get a low enemy on the first match. Eventually tom makes it to ruby where he is now stuck because he really sucks and now everyone on both teams is pretty much on the same level. Except Tom.

“Eventually everyone will be where they belong”
O wait except for the players like tom in the second example WHO made it (insert league here) because they got lucky the first few matches and continue to get lucky and face lower opponents.

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

…At least this season will probably indicate skill more.

Only if you don’t believe in maths.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

most of my games are +2 pips… last 10 games are 9 wins.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I’m at sapphire tier 2 atm, should have been ruby, but there are some idiots that carry with them in pre-made ember players to… and I end up at them with solo queuer.. so thank you Anet! You promised that no more bullkitten like this, and there they are again, the idiot players don’t even know how MMR works now….
Stop the f pre-made with amber division and sapphire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s a huge loss, it’s like 4 vs 5 or worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t want to carry idiots to higher division, I even can tell who is amber in the game, the idiot who doesn’t know were to run, and why, when to res, when to stag, nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Haven’t done much sPvP until today this season. Played this morning on my 20 lvl necromancer I left for season achievements progression, won 15 games in a row, then lost two in a row. After that got on my thief to finish some profession achievements too and had terrible lose streak idk. Played thief since I started playing this game while that lvl 20 necromancer of mine…I never actually played it, lvl it with books xD Having it easier even than on my revenant.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Yes yes, trying to say necro is better then rev?! YOu try to save your rev nerf, or what?! Revenants are the strongest in game atm.. and u saying stupid things… you were bad with thief .. that’s all, I’am bad with it to!

in PvP

R O C.6574

Yes yes, trying to say necro is better then rev?! YOu try to save your rev nerf, or what?! Revenants are the strongest in game atm.. and u saying stupid things… you were bad with thief .. that’s all, I’am bad with it to!

Necro, or more accurately Reaper, is most OP in game imo

in PvP

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

If you solo Q, this only shows that the system is severely biased to some people, because of their previous ranks or their pvp level.

There is no possible way to progress through emerald when you are randomly grouped up with players with random experience / classes what not. It will probably take about 300 games to go through 1 emerald tier by luck.

If you playing with 4 new players you won’t win even if you are pvp superstar.

If you are a newbie matched with 4 superstars most likely you will win anyway.

It’s all the inner workings of the MM system.

(edited by void.6217)

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m in sapphire right now and its pretty fun. I only lost 3 times so far and on a winning streak with some close matches. I

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Theter.5219

Theter.5219

I’ve won flawlessly until mid saphire, now it’s pretty much 50/50

Edit : Solo and Rogue (no HoT)

(edited by Theter.5219)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah i got through amber/emerald really fast. Started to lose some matches in sapphire.

Playing during prime time or during off-hours also has big impact. I think if you don’t play during prime time you are bound to lose more games.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

In sapphire took me about 2 afternoons to get there and not non stop playing.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

If you solo Q, this only shows that the system is severely biased to some people, because of their previous ranks or their pvp level.

There is no possible way to progress through emerald when you are randomly grouped up with players with random experience / classes what not. It will probably take about 300 games to go through 1 emerald tier by luck.

If you playing with 4 new players you won’t win even if you are pvp superstar.

If you are a newbie matched with 4 superstars most likely you will win anyway.

It’s all the inner workings of the MM system.

You are not randomly grouped up with players with random experience. You are grouped up with people that have similar MMR to your MMR.

Then you are matched against players in your pip range and in the opponents team, they have similar MMR between them.

in PvP

R O C.6574

So your opponent match-ups are within your pip range…

I guess that’s fine, but that assumes that all top tier players started AT the beginning of the season. My guess is there will be teams face-smashing lower tier teams the entire season.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Probably going to change when you get up another league or two. It’s supposed to be easier at the beginning now if you are better then average.

That’s actually false. The higher you go up the better teammates you will have. This was true last season, saph was a nightmare, Ruby was meh and diamond was a breeze. And when ur in legendary it’s even better. Reason why it sucks early on because you will often be matched with noobs and scrubs and play againts season 1 diamonds/legendarys. And it’s true with the opposit. You will be matched with high div players and play againts noobs and scrubs. All it takes is 1 noob to ruin the whole team.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

I guess that’s fine, but that assumes that all top tier players started AT the beginning of the season. My guess is there will be teams face-smashing lower tier teams the entire season.

I think the system is fine mostly, they just need to add a MMR threshold for your starting division(except for new players).

For example:

1500 to 1700 MMR start at emerald
1701 to 1900 MMR start at saphire
1900+ MMR start at ruby

Or something like that.

in PvP

Posted by: IQGoesgwii.9273

IQGoesgwii.9273

What classes are you guys playing, what builds are you rolling and are you playing soloQ or team?

If team, no wonder you’re finding it very easy.

I play an elementalist, my win rate is about 30%, I play solo queue, and I am very confident about my skill as an elementalist…

Going up towards t5 emerald as we speak and its a nightmare. I’m gonna start killing people. And not in PvP. Im going mad.

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Yes if you had good mmr and got lucky to be on the side with the high mmr team you will advance. If you had good mmr and got unlucky and the other side was higher. You lost and your mmr tanked now you are stuck in a endless cycle for a couple of weeks.

Example

Tom has 2500 MMR he gets matched with team mates also with 2500 MMR. But wait Tom is hella unlucky and the other team has 3200 MMR. Tom gets destroyed his mmr drops to 1800. Tom plays another game same thing happens now he has 1200 mmr. Tom is kittened.

OR

Tom has 2500 MMR and his team mates have 2500 MMR. The enemy team has 1800 MMR. Tom wins. Tom climbs. Thinks hes really good but really he just got lucky enough to get a low enemy on the first match. Eventually tom makes it to ruby where he is now stuck because he really sucks and now everyone on both teams is pretty much on the same level. Except Tom.

“Eventually everyone will be where they belong”
O wait except for the players like tom in the second example WHO made it (insert league here) because they got lucky the first few matches and continue to get lucky and face lower opponents.

They did not reset mmr this eason. Most players who are skilled have over 1k matches played. Their mmr will hardly move at all because if 1 or 2 bad games.

in PvP

R O C.6574

I think the system is fine mostly, they just need to add a MMR threshold for your starting division(except for new players).

For example:

1500 to 1700 MMR start at emerald
1701 to 1900 MMR start at saphire
1900+ MMR start at ruby

Or something like that.

I agree with this 100%. Maybe even a pre-season qualifier like other posts have been saying.

in PvP

Plykin.5764

i am not talking about 1-2 games. That was just and small example. I am talking about any number of games it does not matter luck comes into the equation = broken system. By luck THE OTHER TEAM is random its just someone in your current pip/league. But they all have the same MMR so it could be above or below your teams meaning HARD LOSE or HARD WIN depending on how LUCKY you are.

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

What classes are you guys playing, what builds are you rolling and are you playing soloQ or team?

I play an elementalist, my win rate is about 30%, I play solo queue, and I am very confident about my skill as an elementalist…

Going up towards t5 emerald as we speak and its a nightmare. I’m gonna start killing people. And not in PvP. Im going mad.

Playing solo only, vanilla dp thief. I started to lose some games around sapphire but i think winrate is still around 90-80%

It has nothing to do with class really nor premades (ofc good premade will roll over pug teams) but personal MMR.

All is Vain~

in PvP

IQGoesgwii.9273

Playing solo only, vanilla dp thief. I started to lose some games around sapphire but i think winrate is still around 90-80%

It has nothing to do with class really nor premades (ofc good premade will roll over pug teams) but personal MMR.

What can I do to get better MMR then? Win games? It’s bloody hard to win games with a team full of idiots.

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

in PvP

Cynz.9437

What can I do to get better MMR then? Win games? It’s bloody hard to win games with a team full of idiots.

1. queue only during prime time
2. play class/build that can hold point for ages vs 2/3 enemies (cough tempest, cough scrapper) OR can rotate really fast across the map and force enemy to split all the time
3. communicate, make calls… surely not everyone will listen, but if 2 other players do then you have good chance to win even apparently lost matches
4. obviously watch map, rotate properly yada yada – 99% of matches are lost due to bad map awareness and bad rotations, imo

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Theter.5219

Just play your role correctly and you should be fine. If you played your role at perfection and lost the game, either it wasn’t perfectioon, or you hadn’t the good team to help you win.

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I’ve noticed it’s very easy this season also, barely played so far and I’m already about to be sapphire. Just doing solo-q and I don’t even have the expansion lol. I though it was impossible for reapers and scrappers to lose to a vanilla dps guard, but I was apparently wrong. Every now and then you get some real knuckleheads on your team that make you lose, like the people who actually go and try to stomp the fake down state mesmer, but overall still around an 80% win rate.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I’ve noticed it’s very easy this season also, barely played so far and I’m already about to be sapphire. Just doing solo-q and I don’t even have the expansion lol. I though it was impossible for reapers and scrappers to lose to a vanilla dps guard, but I was apparently wrong. Every now and then you get some real knuckleheads on your team that make you lose, like the people who actually go and try to stomp the fake down state mesmer, but overall still around an 80% win rate.

OMG you had those guys on your team too? HAHAHAHA

Was he a DH by chance?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Exact opposite…

in PvP

IQGoesgwii.9273

Just play your role correctly and you should be fine. If you played your role at perfection and lost the game, either it wasn’t perfectioon, or you hadn’t the good team to help you win.

I’m pretty sure you can put just about ANY PLAYER, be it the best professional player in the world, who always plays the “perfection” and he wont be able to 1v5.

So argument invalid kind of :p

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I’m pretty sure you can put just about ANY PLAYER, be it the best professional player in the world, who always plays the “perfection” and he wont be able to 1v5.

Doesn’t need to 1v5, just 1v3 if your team is really bad. I have seen it done.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Theter.5219

Not invalid, I’m just trying to say that if you’ve done your best and you dont win, then either you’re not that good, or you don’t have a good team thats’s all.

No regret.

in PvP

IQGoesgwii.9273

Not invalid, I’m just trying to say that if you’ve done your best and you dont win, then either you’re not that good, or you don’t have a good team thats’s all.

No regret.

Sorry, haven’t read it properly. You’re right. But the sad thing is, there isn’t much you can do about your team but set up a premade. And I cba to spend an hour looking for people to play with.

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

All I wanted to say is I played a necro and was having a small breakfast at the same time with a cup of tea, something I couldn’t allow myself on revenant since reward was higher than risk for me.
Oh and ofc I am trying to save my class (lmao) from another nerf, you forum whoriors all seem to want it to be nerfed into something similar to last season thief. Well, not gonna happen, dense Reaper dipkitten.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

in PvP

Posted by: Jpeg.8361

Jpeg.8361

To anyone having a great winning streak right now, remember that someone else get a losing streak. I lose most of my matches 100 to 500, and the only few I win are really close. I get in the same losing team multiple time too. This pvp season isn’t the best for player with poor mmr. And if Anet continue like that, there won’t be enough new player to support pvp, sadly.

(edited by Jpeg.8361)

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

To anyone having a great winning streak right now, remember that someone else get a losing streak. I lose most of my matches 100 to 500, and the only few I win are really close. I get in the same losing team multiple time too. This pvp season isn’t the best for novice player or anyone trying to learn. And if Anet continue like that, there won’t be enough new player to support pvp, sadly.

Ranked has never been good for novice players trying to learn (yes, even pre-leagues). And hopefully, it never will be. That is literally the reason unranked exists.

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Not all of us can play NA or EU Prime time – so should we be doomed from the start?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com