mrauls.6519

About time this was changed! Good job AN

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Surge of the Mists Nerfed - YES

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, a 15% reduction on a single ability is a pretty conservative nerf, but it’s in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Precision strike – oneshot every 5seconds instead of 4.

Staff 5 – unavoidable evading multi-stab-ripping gap closer now deals 5k dmg instead of 6.

That is Anets vision of nerfing rev.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The way I see it, AN is just taking things slow.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

About kitten time….

Now about sword 2 damage…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

They’ve already nerfed it by the same amount in the past once.

Support weaponset dealing less ridiculous burst damage is the correct decision, but if you think this will change position of Power Rev in PvP, then I guess you will be dissapointed.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Staff 5 – unavoidable evading multi-stab-ripping gap closer now deals 5k dmg instead of 6.

You do realise that Staff 5 can’t take more than one stability stack off any more right?

From patch notes

•Stability: The frequency at which stability can be removed by control effects has been increased from 0.05 seconds to 0.75 seconds. A brief effect will now play on the character when stability is removed via control.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of the community, y’know all the other players that play PvE or WvW. Congratulations on your great “victory”

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

It was a proportionate nerf

There’s no need to kill the class viability. So calm your kittens guys.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of the community, y’know all the other players that play PvE or WvW. Congratulations on your great “victory”

And it’s funny because most of the players are playing PvE and WvW.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

Thank goodness Esports is drawing sooooo much attention to this game. /sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Another joke nerf they don’t care.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I think this is a sign they’re doing better at caring. If they did small nerfs/buffs like these more regularly, the game would be a lot more interesting!

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

All that damage nerf. What then when power revenant is unplayable do you want to destroy condi revenant next. Anet need to split skills and traits to pve/pvp or else no one is playing revenant in any game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

All that damage nerf. What then when power revenant is unplayable do you want to destroy condi revenant next. Anet need to split skills and traits to pve/pvp or else no one is playing revenant in any game mode.

I’m quite sure condi rev has already been destroyed and is rather niche now.

And great success on getting closer to make a skill with great depth shallow.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Condi rev shined only due to bunker meta. In dps meta hes a potato

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

who the kitten even uses surge of the mists in wvw, or uses it in pve for anything other than smashing a boss break bar?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

who the kitten even uses surge of the mists in wvw, or uses it in pve for anything other than smashing a boss break bar?

I.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Alot of players actually

For PvE it was also a nice addition to the already bad DPS Revenants have
For WvW since Hammer is a must, and the only ranged option, staff is actually a great alternative to Sword/offAxe and offSword (Sword/Shield is complete suicide with that root)

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I think this is a sign they’re doing better at caring. If they did small nerfs/buffs like these more regularly, the game would be a lot more interesting!

Most hopeful thing to happen to the game in 2016

Long may it continue..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Alot of players actually

For WvW since Hammer is a must, and the only ranged option, staff is actually a great alternative to Sword/offAxe and offSword (Sword/Shield is complete suicide with that root)

So 100% of your weapon options aren’t viable in WvW/PvE anymore? That’s a shame. As a warrior, I’ll continue with my nearly 4 straight years of playing Greatsword in PvE and hammer in WvW.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Alot of players actually

For WvW since Hammer is a must, and the only ranged option, staff was actually a great alternative to Sword/offAxe and offSword (Sword/Shield is complete suicide with that root)

So 100% of your weapon options aren’t viable in WvW/PvE anymore? That’s a shame. As a warrior, I’ll continue with my nearly 4 straight years of playing Greatsword in PvE and hammer in WvW.

Wow, nice mentality there.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Alot of players actually

For WvW since Hammer is a must, and the only ranged option, staff was actually a great alternative to Sword/offAxe and offSword (Sword/Shield is complete suicide with that root)

Every class gets pigeonholed into a specific meta build. Every one. You had a non-meta build receiver dps nerfs when the dps of that weapon is terrible in pve anyway. Rifle got absolutely destroyed for warriors in every aspect of play, but we aren’t crying that our fringe-novelty builds got ruined and we’re now garbage.

Revenant is still a top-2 class in sPvP, viable as any class in wvw, and an excellent support in pve. You’re in a perfectly fine spot in every aspect of the game. Stop being greedy at the expense of everyone else.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Alot of players actually

Every class gets pigeonholed into a specific meta build. Every one. You had a non-meta build receiver dps nerfs when the dps of that weapon is terrible in pve anyway. Rifle got absolutely destroyed for warriors in every aspect of play, but we aren’t crying that our fringe-novelty builds got ruined and we’re now garbage.

Revenant is still a top-2 class in sPvP, viable as any class in wvw, and an excellent support in pve. You’re in a perfectly fine spot in every aspect of the game. Stop being greedy at the expense of everyone else.

but what don’t you get that Rev forum amber warriors also want mallyx to be on par with mes/necro, ventari to be on par with ele/druid and jalis to be on par with pre-HoT bunker guard?

they want all their toys and they want them NOW kitten it.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Whew, I am glad they did that. Really annoying skill to fight against. 10-15% is a nice shave.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Alot of players actually

but what don’t you get that Rev forum amber warriors also want mallyx to be on par with mes/necro, ventari to be on par with ele/druid and jalis to be on par with pre-HoT bunker guard?

I don’t really understand the hate. I want all aspects of Revenant to be viable and playable, same for Necromancer and others do for their professions. What’s the problem?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Necro is a tad too strong, let’s butcher them; Rev and Mesmer rule supreme, let’s slap them on the wrist, gently.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Alot of players actually

I don’t really understand the hate. I want all aspects of Revenant to be viable and playable, same for Necromancer and others do for their professions. What’s the problem?

Problem is they want delete rev from the game. If you can walk over something without using brain that means it is balanced. If it causes a bit of troubles to deal with the class is obviously op and need to be nerfed into ground so that they can walk over it.

in PvP

Posted by: Marius.3185

Marius.3185

Problem is they want delete rev from the game. If you can walk over something without using brain that means it is balanced. If it causes a bit of troubles to deal with the class is obviously op and need to be nerfed into ground so that they can walk over it.

Great mentality there ! Really helpful post – totally in line with the discussion. A truly powerfull argument: either it’s op, either it’s 0. Really amazing logic there.

What the warrior wanted to say to you – whining about this particular change – is that you shouldn’t be doing that. At the moment rev is a star in pvp, a very good support in pve and a normal class for wvw. It’s not in a position to complain about a relativily small nerf to the damage of a skill that already has enough utility in all the game modes.

In comparison warr doesn’t much going for him in pvp and for as long as I have been playing this game pve is all about 2 banners and gs. I’m not even allowed to swap weapons – god forbid I interrupt the might to the party. Also I have a cc – elite skill – that is inferior at breaking bars and damage. Also stuns me for a sec. And this is my meta, not a weapon used for the fun of it

The point is not that warr < rev or something like that. It’s that if everybody starts complaining there’s no end to it. Especially a class in a pretty good position overall at the moment. Funny how warriors don’t seem to be complaining about the rifle nerf, but rev’s do…

It’s a cc for god’s sake. Who came up with such a ridicoulos skill in the first place?

(edited by Marius.3185)

in PvP

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Great mentality there ! Really helpful post – totally in line with the discussion. A truly powerfull argument: either it’s op, either it’s 0. Really amazing logic there.

What the warrior wanted to say to you – whining about this particular change – is that you shouldn’t be doing that. At the moment rev is a star in pvp, a very good support in pve and a normal class for wvw. It’s not in a position to complain about a relativily small nerf to the damage of a skill that already has enough utility in all the game modes.

In comparison warr doesn’t much going for him in pvp and for as long as I have been playing this game pve is all about 2 banners and gs. I’m not even allowed to swap weapons – god forbid I interrupt the might to the party. Also I have a cc – elite skill – that is inferior at breaking bars and damage. Also stuns me for a sec. And this is my meta, not a weapon used for the fun of it

The point is not that warr < rev or something like that. It’s that if everybody starts complaining there’s no end to it. Especially a class in a pretty good position overall at the moment. Funny how warriors don’t seem to be complaining about the rifle nerf, but rev’s do…

It’s a cc for god’s sake. Who came up with such a ridicoulos skill in the first place?

Lol @ good support….. You realize the only reason to bring a rev into high end content like raids is for the boon duration right? That’s as far as their support goes. Ventari is garbage and not even comparable to druid or auramancer. All the boons rev can provide are done better by other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Now they just need to nerf thief damage, steal> 1 shot, every popular build viable, S\D S\P D\P, condi, staff all meta. all viable to legend, lets see it anet

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Now they just need to nerf thief damage, steal> 1 shot, every popular build viable, S\D S\P D\P, condi, staff all meta. all viable to legend, lets see it anet

Yeah that is why pro league teams rocking thief and dominating~

Are you seriously complaining about thief as rev lol?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Theres only 1 thing i can complain about thief as a rev. Overpowered af f1 steal. 4sec slow and crits for 4k. Can be used 2×. Who came up with that? Its ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Theres only 1 thing i can complain about thief as a rev. Overpowered af f1 steal. 4sec slow and crits for 4k. Can be used 2×. Who came up with that? Its ridiculous.

Probably the same person that came up with Precision Strike XDDD

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

+1 lol. I don’t even know how these people complain about the thief now while its super useless.

Is this forum full of people stuck in “amber mmr hell” lol? <o>

in PvP

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Usually when Anet nerfs something it becomes a marginal skill no one uses anymore, so I think it is very good they don’t overdo it with Surge. 15% is still a hefty chunk of damage gone.