Survey III, This time it's personal ! 09/08

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

!!!NEW!!!http://strawpoll.me/411123 Warriors; Overpowered or Overpowered?
!!!NEW!!!http://strawpoll.me/411066 Necromancers; To Nerf or not to Nerf

List of Old surveys
http://strawpoll.me/397195 Class Balance and YOU !
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3QNDYT8 (Closed)

Attachments:

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all right i submitted mine.

errrr. - forgot what i choose (what choices were there again?)
- rewards
- others: more freedom of stats allocation

more freedom, as in, i can mix the stats more. not just pure focus on one.

for example, in pve, i can soldiers armor + berserkers trinkets.

for spvp, at least distribute the points among the 5 trinkets
- amulet
- ring 1
- ring 2
- accessory 1
- accessory 2

allow us to choose 5 base trinkets and 5 jewels trinkets upgrade

even out the numbers also

for example

divide them by 10 we get

make each item give +80 +57 + 57
let us mix and match those 10 items!

errr for berserker maybe
15%

2% (5% increase too much? O_O)

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Good.. good coming along nicely 25 responses so far
Hoping for atleast 100

in PvP

Darnis.4056

So close to 100; I’m gonna bump one last time in hopes that we can break 100 so I can post results

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Bumped.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Thanks for all the replies
We didn’t reach 100 but 75 is close enough; and the survey is still open if anyone wants to throw their votes in.

I actually found the replies enlightening especially
The Category with the least amount of votes “New Conquest map” With a total of three

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

I just filled in the survey too (I suppose, next screen confuses me).
I think though that everything, except Legendaries (who cares at this point to be fair) will benefit this game. Legendaries should be the last priority.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Also; 17 people added their own option and it seems the vast majority feel the need for New Game modes!

Reverse CTF/bomb running
Tower Defence
Other game modes
[Arenas] 1v1-5v5 arenas with no domination points. 1 life per person.
New game modes (eg MOBA)
Other Gamemodes above all. balance 2nd
Capture the flag
new game mode
New maps/rewards tied into living story

Matchmaking
Fix leaderboards and matchmaking

I want to have an option to display Asuras as humans or something

To be able to toggle an open world pvp so that you can fight in the open world and not WvW with the objectives and huge zerg groups!

Fast & easy way to salvage chests that doesnt kill ur hand

Giving rewards to pvp will encourage pve player to play pvp for the rewards so pvp will be more lively and esport ready nxtime

more freedom of stats allocation

GW1

Thanks for participating this has been eye opening for me;
I thought rewards/Team deathmatch would come out on the bottom but I guess not The vocal minority has spoken!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

heheh hopefully more people can participate in future survey.

but the free survey only supports 100 participants right?

in PvP

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I filled it out now, I guess more people will follow. Try posting results tomorrow I want to see more

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Personally, I want templates and balance..

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Check out the new survey of the week http://strawpoll.me/397195
I’m trying a different service most are already familiar with hopefully we’ll have more success with this one!

Unfortunately 100 participants is all that is allowed
Maybe I’ll track down a better free service for the next one ;D
Here’s the survey with an additional 15 pool.

While 100 isn’t really the biggest sample size.. I still think it’s useful information;
It also tells me that the pvp community has completely different priorities/needs then me personally

Anyway, this was just a small try to quantify the opinions in the pvp community;
The next one I’ll try doing one on class balance Why? because reading through posts is great, but sometimes I wonder if the people posting are just the vocal minority or if they’re actually right.

Edit; Also the personal responses I didn’t list in addition to the old responses were all different game modes.

Attachments:

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

Hey Puma, nice polls. However, leave out joke selections such as “Dervish” in future polls.. it kinda takes away from the relevancy of the data for Anet. You could however add “None” to such a poll.

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I was going to treat Dervish as a random outlier incase someone wanted to disqualify their own vote but still show they saw the poll.
But yes; future poll will probably include less jokes and more SRS.

STILL not sure if this information interests anyone at anet as they have access to statistics beyond my wildest imagination; these are more for the pvp community as a whole( or just me ) so we can gauge/quantify the overall perceptions of the community instead of having 50 threads with responses from 5 people.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

This poll needs to be a 2 parter. First question needs to be “What class is your Main” then the current second question. I’m not sure how this pool service works but if it’s possible to see what class voted for what they view as OP it would be easier to draw reasonable conclusions.

Considering the nature of these forums questions like these is like conducting a political poll, going to a district known for leaning towards Party A and asking if Party A or Party B is better. Honestly, getting meaningful results in terms of what the majority of PvP goers feel is impossible because these forums are filled with the vocal minority. Not to mention looking at some of the posts as of late many of this minority aren’t objective in any way and aren’t qualified to judge balance.

As a fun little distraction it’s fine but as for taking it seriously, not so much.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I am amused that warriors have double the votes of the second place. Months of crying about condis, people finally figure out the counter, now we’re going to have months of crying about warriors. If there is a problem, it is that s/d thieves and necros counter eles and mesmers much harder than mesmers and eles counter warriors. It’s not warriors that need adjusting so much as s/d thieves and necros, once sigil of para gets fixed anyway. Or you could improve eles and mesmers against necros and s/d thieves. Multiple ways to attack the problem, either of which is better than nerfing warriors, unless you want to see a few more months of condi meta.

I play necro btw, and I voted dervish :P

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I wish you could pipe questions on strawpoll, you can on surveymonkey but it’s limited to 100 replies.. which really is too small a sample size to say anything.

If I had to rank the classes by imbalance in the current meta Warrior/necro/thief would be at the top, and the survey is so far reflecting my expectations..

Honestly if more then 60% of lets say 1,000 people were to say that Warrior is OP;
It’s probably an honest assessment and it’s a real number, does that mean 600 people play necro? it could mean that but AFAIK we have a good representation of most classes other then Elementalist at the moment, some classes being over represented such as warrior. (3 per match most of the time for me)

There’s really two ways to look at these if there is a high turn out in favor of something

A) Your player Base is a crucible you have to overcome, make changes which are Bad for the players and good for the game.
(By the way Jon if you’re reading this those mechanics you discussed from MTG? Yea those were removed later… mana burn removed, mulligans changed etc)

B) You make the game fun for Most people yet make changes which may hurt certain professions.

So; Can these polls be taken seriously? I think so, if there is a large enough turn out.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

According to this poll thus far, the most OP classes are:

1) Warrior (double the votes of necro)
2) Necro (double the votes of thief)
3) Thief
4) Rest hardly got any votes at all

and the devs want to buff warrior :P I want whatever it is they’re having LOL because it’s some really good stuff.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

Good work Puma. I think it’s important for the community to communicate what’s important to us in an organized professional way. It will only help us get what we want.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Thanks Blinx Hopefully more people will participate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really believe if we rally together and provide information in a digestible manner the devs WILL take notice, and maybe even make changes..

in PvP

Darnis.4056

!!!NEW!!!http://strawpoll.me/411123 Warriors; Overpowered or Overpowered?
!!!NEW!!!http://strawpoll.me/411066 Necromancers; To Nerf or not to Nerf

Hi pvp community! Here are two new surveys based on the results of the previous survey! Warrior and Necro definitely pulled way ahead of the rest with thief in third..
I thought 3 polls would be too many at one time.. as always personal responses are welcome, please post them in the thread)

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

You call that a poll?
Warrior heal needs to be reduced by 20% y/n
Shouldn’t be more like
Warrior heal needs to be reduced by 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50%

Just a suggestion

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

this poll means nothing. For example, on warrior, if my opinion is that NONE of those options should be adopted, I can’t vote? Why am I forced to choose one nerf? If anything, the only nerf I think is required, is on sigil of paralization. Not on the list. So, I can’t vote, nor can anyone that shares this point of view. Your poll does not reflect the playerbase opinion, because is biased.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Is healing signet really the culprit though?
Are you sure it isn’t the combination of healing signet/adrenaline heal/banner/regen from other sources? AND the ability to still deal crazy dps/stunlock?

If It’s voted as the problem I think we should probably have a poll for how much it needs to be reduced :P

I’m going to quickly edit the warrior Poll good job noticing I forgot the “warrior is fine option” in the warrior poll

We only lost 2 votes hopefully those two people will revote on warrior.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I think we need to add up all of the “change somethings” and compare those to the “is fine.”

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Here’s what I’d change were I anet, warrior main so I might be biased, but just throwing a few ideas out there:

-Berserker’s stance now blocks all conditions besides Bleed, Burning and Torment, which have their duration halved.
Reasoning: Condi builds can still get their damage out in it’s enormous duration but it prevents the warrior from being kittened over and kited. Warriors counter necromancers too hard because of this + skull crack against a low regen class, so I feel if this and warriors in general get nerfed, then all the other rediculous stuff should get nerfed too. Dial the game back a little bit so we can see less hard counters, less extremes.

-Healing Signet: I don’t run this, I feel it’s overpowered but only slightly, the primary thing I hate about it is how passive it is. So why not add some kind of conditional to it’s usage, like, the healing is based on adrenalin ? Or, slash the healing by 50 and give it an active that increases the healing rate by 100%/120%/140% for 8 seconds, kinda like troll unguent. ANYTHING to make it less passive.

-Skull crack: stun for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds AND THEN a 1 second daze. Reasoning: Just slightly less effective, this kitten is amazing. Also fix whatever’s making the sigil of para go from 3 seconds>4 seconds.

-Cleansing Ire: fine imo

-Hammer: fix the sigil of para thing again, should be fine so less autos can be snuck in.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Can you add something different for Necro options? Why isn’t there an option that says “Necros AoE spammy nature needs to go” ? Thats my main issue with necros.

Also, Berserker Stance could be adjusted to a smaller duration, to reward skillful timing and punish spamming. Just like Guardian’s Stand Your Ground, huge stability duration, for what?

PvP NEEDS lower durations on these kind of skills, the cooldowns could be adjusted accordingly to keep the overall uptime, but Anet needs to stop encouraging this “use and forget”, or spammy nature of combat. Having a 5 second berserker stance or 2-3 second aoe stability separates the good players from the BEST players.

Anet, lets make skill matter more in this game. Decrease durations so they have more impact when used at the right time, and punish people spamming them.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Can you add something different for Necro options? Why isn’t there an option that says “Necros AoE spammy nature needs to go” ? Thats my main issue with necros.

Also, Berserker Stance could be adjusted to a smaller duration, to reward skillful timing and punish spamming. Just like Guardian’s Stand Your Ground, huge stability duration, for what?

PvP NEEDS lower durations on these kind of skills, the cooldowns could be adjusted accordingly to keep the overall uptime, but Anet needs to stop encouraging this “use and forget”, or spammy nature of combat. Having a 5 second berserker stance or 2-3 second aoe stability separates the good players from the BEST players.

Anet, lets make skill matter more in this game. Decrease durations so they have more impact when used at the right time, and punish people spamming them.

I can second this. Stability is the noob boon #1 when it has long up time. If it had short up time, you’d need to know when to use it.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

OP do you listen to periphery?

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I can second this. Stability is the noob boon #1 when it has long up time. If it had short up time, you’d need to know when to use it.

Isn’t the answer to that “3.Staff cooldowns need to be increased” though?
Zerker stance duration decrease, is one of the options…

I should have probably done a poll on which options you guys wanted in :/
These are are the ones I thought were most prelevant answers collected from other threads.

@waka I had to google that; and no haha I got the title from the opening of Tropic Thunder..