Sylvena Variel (JQ) - sPvP Community Apology.

in PvP

Posted by: Syric.1936

Syric.1936

Dear GW2 Community,

I haven’t always been the best at showering others with a charming disposition when it has come to GW2 PVP. I tend to be extremely competitive, hate to lose, and have found myself – at times- with little to zero patience. I strive for perfection. I strive always…always…for a win. And, in that unrealistic goal of winning them all, I’ve come to realize that the arrogance of my bitterness in defeat has often burned more bridges than I’d ever care to admit or recognize; only now, am I beginning to fully comprehend the full scale weight of the self-inflicted destruction of my GW2 PVP social reputation; all at the expense of my ill-tempered elitist-jerk mentality and ego.

So, with that said, and for whatever it may be worth, I’d like to apologize to the entire GW2 PvP community for my abrasive, and often offense, rants and comments. I’ve had time to reflect on my actions and behavior, and I’ve come to the conclusion that – should I perish tomorrow – this is NOT the legacy I’d want to leave behind. So, moving forward, I will put all my effort into being a better (more positive) GW2 PvP community player, and cease the negative, sore loser BS, effective immediately….

I no longer find any amusement in being added to others ignore lists. I no longer want to push myself further and further away from other players that have so much potential to be a new-founded friend. It is my highest hope that, with this public apology, and with time tested “actions speak louder than words,” that those players I have offended in the past will find it within their heart to forgive – but not forget – and at least be willing to remove me from their ignore lists and permit me an opportunity at redemption…

….I’d write more, but e’nuff said – I hope to see you in the game, and once again everyone, my apologies for previously acting like a jerk in GW2 PvP.

Sincerely,
Sylvena Variel (Syric.1936)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I’ve got mixed feelings about this.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Syric.1936

Tao: Understandable and I completely respect it. Ty for your comment. I hope I may one day earn back the trust I single handily destroyed.

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Uh…Ok? Go outside?

in PvP

Syric.1936

Lettuce – uhhh…..huh?

in PvP

Tao.5096

I’m rather thinking what did make the last push.
So far from opening post, looks like, you have behaved like a kitten and people put you on your ignore list. Looks like, majority of the content you’d like to run, seems to be less accessible due to lack of people who would want to go with you, and finally complete randoms sometimes tend to fail and make it a wasted time.
Hence, I find it rather funny to the point that people are very sensitive to internet comments, either filled with sarcasm or pure joke or even a flame. So the outcome is, that they’ll block you, because your PoV, even if it’s harsh, doesn’t match theirs.
I have participated, and still do in many other forums with different communities, but Gw2 is kind of special case.
I am myself quite surprised that people on the forum and in game are very much sensitive to any kind of negative comment, either in polite or harsh way.
Demand for one to elaborate is high, otherwise it’s treated as insult which end with report and block list.
So, that’s why I have mixed feelings, since it’s hard for me to imagine the level of rants that happened. Having a little view on it, can also allow to grade those “victims?” if they were over sensitive or whatever else.

One thing is 10/10 valid.
Raging mindlessly with pressed Shift key, doesn’t do magic.
And that happen a lot.

in PvP

Syric.1936

Tao: So very well said. I respect where you are coming from, and honestly, I truly believe it is likely a blend of both points you made …but ultimately, I’m accepting the blame here….even if they did over-react….I know I didn’t help make things sweeter – that’s for sure. In the end, I’m just attempting to wrong MY WRONGS into a RIGHT.

in PvP

Syric.1936

P.S. Tao: It has nothing to do w/ PvE/WvW …..my only kitten poor behavior existed in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

This is the internet. I dont get why some people actually take insults seriously.

#Troll4Lyfe

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

This is the internet. I dont get why some people actually take insults seriously.

#Troll4Lyfe

I don’t even know that person too.
And I play the game a lot!

Thought it was going to be a rambling on how the community of PvP isn’t good.
All I been seeing lately is a lot of the community is bad type of threads. Makes me wonder if the GW2 marketing researcher is getting the same feeling. And presenting this kind of information to the development team. So the developers make more stuff towards bringing the community together and competitive.

Like star rating system I mentioned. (Fun way to compete with friends and keep track of how good you are in the community’s mind)
Incentives to get people to party in PvP. (Great way to get rewarded and building relationships with others, and eventually become competitive enough to do ESL).

Theres a lot of good players out there, but they have a mindset that, the current PvP leaders/ top players are too good. Those top PvP players and leaders aren’t that good, believe me, I’ve seen better.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

It takes a big walrus to admit their mistakes. While I have never played any games with you it’s always good to see someone recognize that good sportsmanship has a place in online gaming. Good luck with your newfound resolve!

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Those top PvP players and leaders aren’t that good, believe me, I’ve seen better.

Lol

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

Lettuce – uhhh…..huh?

You saw that? That was my point flying over your head. Here’s a pro tip. As your “apology” stated, you behaved in a specifically rude way and raged quite often…It’s my thought process that if you ever reach that point…Maybe it’s time to stand up, walk away, and go outside and get real friends. That way you can relax and stop taking this game so seriously? Just an idea. Don’t have to listen but life beckons.

in PvP

Tao.5096

You saw that? That was my point flying over your head. Here’s a pro tip. As your “apology” stated, you behaved in a specifically rude way and raged quite often…It’s my thought process that if you ever reach that point…Maybe it’s time to stand up, walk away, and go outside and get real friends. That way you can relax and stop taking this game so seriously? Just an idea. Don’t have to listen but life beckons.

So, you believe that people who have friends, go outside often can’t be rude, and even rage often?
Hmm~

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

So, you believe that people who have friends, go outside often can’t be rude, and even rage often?
Hmm~

Re-read and respond. Hmm. As I stated in the other hacker thread…Eyes?

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

looks like another elite warrior got his spine broken by those whiny hippie casuals. what a shame. kitten you, nice people!

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

No idea who you are or what you did differently from what 80% of the community already – whine but i see you taking ownership for your reactions and that i can get behind. I wish a lot more people would do this