Syncing queues on solo q

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I can confirm that if you want to then you can basically guarantee to get on the same team in solo q as your friends.

I was hoping this solo q would finally introduce a competitive element into this game but no. If you q at exactly the same time as other people then you are pretty much guaranteed to be on their team.

So what does this mean? It means it is no different to team queue. Those who truly run solo will be ranked badly. Those who want to queue with friends will be ranked higher.

I don’t know a solution but they should think of something before they implement another pointless leaderboard.

Map rotation is awesome though.

Edit: My solution is to not make teams as people queue. But instead to pool all the people who queue over a 5 minute period, and then to make teams then.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

why would you want to solo que with your friends?

it’s illogical.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: sid.9870

sid.9870

To win easily. To get glory, and ladder position.

Hi Im Sid,
Absolute Nonsense [prrr]

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

This^

People will absolutely do this. At least when you solo queued under the old system you knew you were facing teams. Now you face teams and dont even know it.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

aka honorless victory. aka noob stomping.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

This^

People will absolutely do this. At least when you solo queued under the old system you knew you were facing teams. Now you face teams and dont even know it.

well, you need to go teamq if you want to play with your friends. to get some real competition.

of course, you don’t want. coz you’ll lose. and you want to win and feel good about yourself.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

theres nothing anet can do about it… in league of legends this doesnt happen because the pool of players is huuuge, here is alot smaller

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Edit: My solution is to not make teams as people queue. But instead to pool all the people who queue over a 5 minute period, and then to make teams then.

Anet: Please do this ASAP. We don’t need teams/premades sync exploiting solo Q

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

theres nothing anet can do about it… in league of legends this doesnt happen because the pool of players is huuuge, here is alot smaller

Actually no, they could do something about it. Delay and mix up players instead of putting players who queue around the same time in at the same time. I would gladly wait a few extra minutes for a true solo queue. This is really bad news. I said they should address this issue as soon as they announced solo queue.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

This^

well, you need to go teamq if you want to play with your friends. to get some real competition.

of course, you don’t want. coz you’ll lose. and you want to win and feel good about yourself.

What are you on about dude? Others will know but I was one of the most common solo queuers right up until this patch. On main account. So I dont care about getting stomped. I do care about having leaderboards which will be flawed.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They can. Instead of making teams constantly they can wait a set amount of time for a pool of players to be built up. Then the system can randomise those players (based on rating) and match teams together. This way syncing queues will net a greater chance of facing your friend than being with him (4 other spaces on your team and 5 on your enemies team). Better for everyone.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

This is not as easy as you make it out to be at all. I’m sure once solo ratings crystalize this will be next to impossible at busy times of day.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It is still amazing. Dont get me wrong. This patch saved the game. But still….there are obvious improvements which can be made.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

This is not as easy as you make it out to be at all. I’m sure once solo ratings crystalize this will be next to impossible at busy times of day.

That is true, should be more difficult to achieve at busy times of day and once ratings are there.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

That is true, should be more difficult to achieve at busy times of day and once ratings are there.

Be easier to achieve then as the person you are queuing with will probably have a similar rating to you, so you will be even more likely to get matched up.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

It is still amazing. Dont get me wrong. This patch saved the game. But still….there are obvious improvements which can be made.

THIS.

I just want to login, and be able to jump into a competitive pvp match with no BS.

I played a few solo tourneys this AM, and oh my god… I looooved getting right in to a fairly evenly matched game with teammates who really do want to win, but without having to deal with TS and worrying about getting the perfect class comp together. Totally what I wanted.

I like not knowing my exact team makeup, the uncertainty makes it dynamic and interesting. I like having to spec more all around than for one niche, and I think there will now be a solo queue and a group queue meta, that may not always be totally in synch with each other.

So…. Please ANet, don’t make it too easy to cheese the solo queue. It’s literally all that has some of us pvpers still logging in.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Be easier to achieve then as the person you are queuing with will probably have a similar rating to you, so you will be even more likely to get matched up.

That is true. They just need to do what we suggested as soon as they announced solo queue.

Syncing queues on solo q

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

Mhhh well when qing with a friend you always have a 20% chance that he will get on the enemy team.
The more players you try to bring along the higher the chance some of you wont make it into the same team.

As i see things duo qing in team Q tourneys might become less popular/frequented/ a lot harder now because of soloq.

Having the chance to bring 1 buddy along is okay imo when everyone can do it.. also if you play against your friend it will be fun too. It is definitely a lot easier to get 1 friend, play some tourneys and have fun than to try to coordinate a full team.