System is good, odds and premade vs solo not

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

So, start we the good things:

I like the divisions. I like the rewards. I like the progression idea. I like the guild flags in the Mist. I like the Guild ELO leaderboard. I like the badge.

All this stuff is new. And i think is good.

So what’s the general issue?

The frustration of loosing pips when you can do nothing to avoid it, the feeling you’re wasting a huge quantity of time and get 0 progression

Main cause

- you face full premades when you’re solo/duo and you lose pips. This needs to change. Really soon. And maybe sometimes you can win but the majority of times you don’t so your progression will stop.

- Winning Odds are not really well calculated. And when it happens you lose pips and consequently a huge quantity of time. Trio queue, 4 men and a full team are a huge factor in a conquest game. Almost never you should lose pips if you don’t have a similar composition of the same skill level (and not pro league players from a side and a generic trio queue on the other side)

So for sure the main reason of frustration is the bad matchmaking + odds calculation.

People lose pips too easy. This thing has a huge impact on progression.

Other issue

Queue time in the mist. This can generate a deadly combo like 10 min queue doing nothing in the Mist + bad matchup + pips lost. This is a sword in our hearts. We don’t deserve it honestly. This creates a super high frustration level. Really too high for a game who wants to keep people playing.

Other issues? General balance.

Thx.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Maybe a good compromise would be that solo and duo q players should lose pips a a slower rate than 3, 4 and 5 man teams. Perhaps 1 pip lost for every 3 matches lost? Might help reduce the angst around here.

I like your post.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

what do you need the pipes fore?

have some good fights and think less on the pipes. you will get your stuff if you play each season anyways . getting in division were one dont belong will not be fun either

in PvP

philheat.3956

Maybe a good compromise would be that solo and duo q players should lose pips a a slower rate than 3, 4 and 5 man teams. Perhaps 1 pip lost for every 3 matches lost? Might help reduce the angst around here.

I like your post.

Thx, It could be a solution, in general it’s all about odds calculation, so if you’re solo/duo i think your chance to win should be really low against a 3+ guys and consequently you shouldn’t lose pips.

I Agree we need some quickly solution for this Season.

Not for the second. Starting with THIS Season. It’s not too late.

in PvP

Posted by: revy.4320

revy.4320

MMR tanking and kittens aside, they must implemented a solo queue. Even the idea that you could be matched against a full premade as a team of individuals is beyond ridiculous. Who the kitten would design such a system?

in PvP

Posted by: DeltaZero.6310

DeltaZero.6310

This is always the case in pvp games with league systems etc. Look at LoL, every now and again you will get a loss you don’t think you deserve and get punished but at the same time, unless you are the #1 player in the world you will get a win you didnt deserve and get rewarded for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jovik.4736

Jovik.4736

TY anet for everytime get full premade against me and some random pve players.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

The only viable match ups should be:
5 team vs 5 team
4 team + 1 vs 4 team + 1
3 team + 2 team vs 3 team + 2 team
5 solos vs 5 solos.
No other variation of queue grouping should be allowed

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

philheat.3956

The only viable match ups should be:
5 team vs 5 team
4 team + 1 vs 4 team + 1
3 team + 2 team vs 3 team + 2 team
5 solos vs 5 solos.
No other variation of queue grouping should be allowed

I think 1-1-1-1-1 vs 1-1-1-2 could be good.

At least i had a lot of good games with this combo (in a side or in another)

And 2-2-1 only vs 2-2-1
3+2 vs 3+2
and 3-1-1 vs 3-1-1

The alternative could be create a more unrestricted party size match up BUT if you have not trio, 4 men, or 5 men in you team u can’t lose pips at all.

In general I’d want to say this is a really old issue, we had the same issue for the 2 seasons test but ofc now the frustration is really higher cuz there are more people interested to compete in leagues and there is this pips system.