T/S PvP Dead...When is ANET going to respond?

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

Soooo Paids Never PoP now.

Free tournies take 10-20 mins to pop now depending on the time period….

Imagine playing LoL/Dota/Halo4/CoD and the wait time was 10-20 min or god forbid an hour, every one would quit…..oh wait they did.

over 2 million people bought this game, yet there are at most 50/325 spvp servers active, and the tourny system being as dead it is, then there’s a WHOPPING 500-1000 players playing pvp!

their tourny system a ghost town, spvp is thought of as an annoying and mindless zergfest AND the heart of the mists are NOT connected leaving most ALL of the servers Heart of the mists deadzones……

If WvWvW is considered PvE why are the heart of the mists tethered to the single server if Spvp has NO impact on WvWvW?

I thought this was marketed as a pvp oriented game…..yet why is all the new content only PvE???

List goes on, ranking system, new game modes, ect, ect,

Deathspiral crashing into the grave pretty fast for a newly launched [so called Esport PvP] game…..

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

If this is what ANet wants, then thats what ANet gets. Nothing we can do about it, if they want to shoot themselves in the foot, all we can do is watch them do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Drakoz.4702

Lord Drakoz.4702

There is still a good faithful community around GW2 PvP NA/EU – We have teams that are still serious about competition, but I totally understand why are the fans/players so frustrated at this point, hang in there and lets give ANET an opportunity to get things rolling!

Beyond5 [GW2 Team Mngr]
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthegameplay

(edited by Lord Drakoz.4702)

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

It’s important to complain so that it shoots the developers in the right direction. We complain because we care.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Delete hot-join.

Make free 5v5 tournaments PuG vs PuG, team vs team. (no PuG vs team)

Problem solved.

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Imagine playing LoL/Dota/Halo4/CoD and the wait time was 10-20 min or god forbid an hour, every one would quit…..oh wait they did.

10-20 minute queues? That’s only about 10 minutes better than LoL had for the first 6+ months…

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Drakoz.4702

Lord Drakoz.4702

Delete hot-join.

Problem solved.

Interesting suggestion – any others….Im sure ANET wants to hear more

Beyond5 [GW2 Team Mngr]
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthegameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

over 2 million people bought this game, yet there are at most 50/325 spvp servers active, and the tourny system being as dead it is, then there’s a WHOPPING 500-1000 players playing pvp!

their tourny system a ghost town, spvp is thought of as an annoying and mindless zergfest AND the heart of the mists are NOT connected leaving most ALL of the servers Heart of the mists deadzones……

If WvWvW is considered PvE why are the heart of the mists tethered to the single server if Spvp has NO impact on WvWvW?

I thought this was marketed as a pvp oriented game…..yet why is all the new content only PvE???

List goes on, ranking system, new game modes, ect, ect,

Deathspiral crashing into the grave pretty fast for a newly launched [so called Esport PvP] game…..

Anets intention’s are unclear as what they want to do as far as pvp goes and were it fits into a esport. It has frustrated a lot of players who came in here thinking it was a solid pvp game only to find out its unfinished. For that reason players have quit and are waiting to see what they do.

in PvP

Suzu.4193

Syeria LoL is a F2P game and its sole income is generated from an instore game so it NEEDED time to build its player base.

GW 2 is F2P But at the cost of a initial 60$ fee, 2 MILLION people purchased the game, yet the pvp population of this game is almost non existent.

in PvP

Syeria.4812

Syeria LoL is a F2P game and its sole income is generated from an instore game so it NEEDED time to build its player base.

GW 2 is F2P But at the cost of a initial 60$ fee, 2 MILLION people purchased the game, yet the pvp population of this game is almost non existent.

I didn’t make the comparison, you did. You claimed that no one would play LoL if the queues were 10-20 minutes. The fact is, LoL became what it is today despite the fact that queues were significantly worse than that for a very long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

it’s called buy to play

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Sanis.1096

I didn’t make the comparison, you did. You claimed that no one would play LoL if the queues were 10-20 minutes. The fact is, LoL became what it is today despite the fact that queues were significantly worse than that for a very long time.

ofc everyone went to LoL… it’s the most casual friendly moba out there

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Suzu.4193

Syeria you do not understand what im posting about and it seems you have no idea what your posting your self LMAO.

Anyways here are the facts if you are that challenged.

LoL launched with a Ladder and ranking system i.e the ELO system

Gw2 does not have a competitive ladder system [the qp thing is just abysmal does not count]

LoL has a matchmaking system making the fights not completely ONE sided

GW2 does not its just a random jumble of players fighting each other [i.e. pugs vs premade fiasco]

and Syeria sweetie i never compared gw 2 directly to LoL just saying if you had to wait that long to enter a match that your either going to DOMINATE or get DOMINATED every ones is going to leave.

So i am asking what is anet going to do about this problem?

P.S. please read and think about posting before posting RANDOM things that do not even have anything to do with the original post

(edited by Suzu.4193)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There is still a good faithful community around GW2 PvP NA/EU – We have teams that are still serious about competition, but I totally understand why are the fans/players so frustrated at this point, hang in there and lets give ANET an opportunity to get things rolling!

The NA competitive scene is a joke.
There are a half dozen, being very generous, serious premades.

That is tragic.
Honestly though, the ladder system and a good SPvP maps and whatnot would have helped that a fair deal, but the PvP itself… the roamer/bunker deal… the ability setup… it just seems lacking. I can’t think of any other way to describe it, WAR, Rift, those games were far more entertaining, the more group based dynamic (the game was setup more for team fights instead of just small scale roaming*), in a number of situations better setup, versatile, more thought provoking abilities… it grabbed my attention off the bat and kept me playing for months.

GW2 doesn’t have that.
It seems entirely focused on TPvP. This conquest is a TPvP map, mediocre->terrible for pugging. The group dynamic of the encounter is near entirely threw voice chat, coordinating who goes where… and to boot you have to spec in synergy (since innately there is little to none between classes). That is just a bad PvP setup, at least when me, my brother and friends just started talking about MMOs, thats what we kept coming back to something along those lines.
So much potential with dodge rolling, actual projectile speed and combo’s… but just nothing more…

*-playing MMOs is about fighting with people, basing a game on small preplanned (for synergy) combat is just terrible to pug in.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Sanis.1096

Syeria you do not understand what im posting about and it seems you have no idea what your posting your self LMAO.

Gw2 does not have a competitive ladder system [the qp thing is just abysmal does not count]

GW2 does not its just a random jumble of players fighting each other [i.e. pugs vs premade fiasco]

and Syeria sweetie i never compared gw 2 directly to LoL just saying if you had to wait that long to enter a match that your either going to DOMINATE or get DOMINATED every ones is going to leave.

P.S. please read and think about posting before posting RANDOM things that do not even have anything to do with the original post

so you are saying GW2 is F2P and not B2P?

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Suzu.4193

Sanis. wasn’t even talking to you and have no idea what the kitten B2P has anything to do with the OP…

in PvP

Syeria.4812

There’s no misunderstanding on my end. You opened your post by claiming that people would not play LoL if it had queues in the 10-20 minute range. This is false, which I pointed out. If it’s not relevant to your post or the thread, why did you make the claim?

in PvP

Suzu.4193

LoL/Dota/halo4/cod where did i specificity mention LoL alone

syeria its called a comparison would you like to go over remedial english?

why are you so caught up on LoL

LoL can keep players because of aforementioned qualities i.e. ranking system and matchmaking systems are in place.

Where as GWs2 has no systems in place, as mentioned in the OP.

So no I have no idea what the kitten your going on about.

The discussion is about gw2pvp and how its dying and how anet is going to remedy this situation.

Please stop making asinine comments about nothing mentioned in the OP i am not talking about LoL im talking about gws2.

and obligatory cant tell if srs….or completely stupid

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Pretty much what I said on the first page of this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Why-does-DOTA2-and-LOL-have-so-much-success/first

LoL had the necessary qualities and eventually gained the playerbase it deserved where as Guild Wars 2 had that playerbase in sPvP from the very beginning (betas), but has been decreasing in popularity (Mists is a ghost town compared to beta and launch)because it deserves it due to the lacking qualities of what an E Sport should have.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in PvP

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

Lol at relese was a big hole in the water only after going free to play & underwent huge optimiration it slowly grew to what it is today & if you play ranked with a team you ll still have to w8 up to an hour sometimes.A net is slowly inproving the game in small steps, wich is the best option imo. pvp/pve arent dead , have you noticed that every time you go tolions arch you re on the overflow…peps are spaming fractals like there is no tomorow. The situation will normalize soon enough.

P.S. please read and think about posting before posting RANDOM things <—- that i took from you 4 you .

in PvP

Suzu.4193

Akame another post that has NOTHING to do with OP

let me reiterate i am not against gw2 nor do i have the wish that it goes down in flames. I am merely stating that pvp is dead and asking what will the devs do.

You are talking about pve [lions arch? wtf does that have to do with spvp], i as an exclusive pvper only stay in the heart of the mists, and by reading your post seems that you are a hot join spvper and pver.

Because if you played Tpvp at all you would know the abysmal state it is in.

Please read before posting thanks

P.S. does no one read anymore?

(edited by Suzu.4193)

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Anet fooled everybody into buying this game, The PvP sucks, the PvE sucks even more, fail innovation. GW2 takes everything you love about GW1 away. Just being honest.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: SexyWong.8641

SexyWong.8641

The main difference is however, League of Legends got more and more popular while Guild Wars 2 pvp community slowly disappears. When I first played Guild Wars 2, I entered into the mists by accident and it was like lions arch during the halloween event, there were so many people. Now, there are less than 50 running around.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Delete hot-join.

Problem solved.

How about: “delete the horrible tournament system and implement a ranked match system with ladders!”. The way it should have been done.

Tournaments should not be the “go to playstyle” in any PvP game. It should be the game type you pick for bigger, competitive events. You know, like every other game out there
With a ranked match system we would not get the queues. The match making system would just need to find one team around your skill, and pitch you against each other. Now, the tournament system needs to find 8 (!!) teams to be able to start a “match”. Of course the queues will be longer, especially at off-peak hours.

Feels like a no brainer too me

in PvP

Posted by: josephsora.4579

josephsora.4579

Delete hot-join.

Problem solved.

How about: “delete the horrible tournament system and implement a ranked match system with ladders!”. The way it should have been done.

Tournaments should not be the “go to playstyle” in any PvP game. It should be the game type you pick for bigger, competitive events. You know, like every other game out there
With a ranked match system we would not get the queues. The match making system would just need to find one team around your skill, and pitch you against each other. Now, the tournament system needs to find 8 (!!) teams to be able to start a “match”. Of course the queues will be longer, especially at off-peak hours.

Feels like a no brainer too me

Yes, currently tournament style matchmaking is just time consuming. I prefer just find one team with similar skill level and play together, of course with ranking/rating system.

This kind of matchmaking not only fast but also competitive, making the whole spvp “rewarding”(You get rank/rating boost after wining, which feel satisfied for many pvper). You know, pvper always ask for the matchmaking system like that, instead of spending 15-30min waiting for the other 7 team without similar skill level.

Also, this kind of matchmaking system isn’t bad for casual player since there is no gear chasing like WOW arena. So….in short, why not?

(edited by josephsora.4579)

in PvP

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

let me reiterate i am not against gw2 nor do i have the wish that it goes down in flames. I am merely stating that pvp is dead and asking what will the devs do.

You are talking about pve [lions arch? wtf does that have to do with spvp], i as an exclusive pvper only stay in the heart of the mists, and by reading your post seems that you are a hot join spvper and pver.

i as an exclusive pvper only stay in the heart of the mists- so this aplies to all the player base who do pvp , they are only in the mist

“P.S. does no one read anymore?” you seems to have trouble reading & also understanding, plz go & read my post again. But this time slowly. Thx.

in PvP

Posted by: Asterisk.2564

Asterisk.2564

Sadly the pvp scene is dying. I haven’t seen a shout in the mists for people trying to form Tpvp groups in quite awhile, granted pugs made in that way aren’t to effective but it just shows the lack of interest. The only topics disucssed in the HotM, are either how dead that area is or people crying for thief nerfs. The only traffic going into HotM is for PVE players to get a free port to LA.

(edited by Asterisk.2564)

in PvP

Suzu.4193

i as an exclusive pvper only stay in the heart of the mists- so this aplies to all the player base who do pvp , they are only in the mist

“P.S. does no one read anymore?” you seems to have trouble reading & also understanding, plz go & read my post again. But this time slowly. Thx.

Yes i am reading your post, so you say you are a pvper and you think pvp is not dead? why the kitten were you talking about pve and what does ANY of the fracticle bull kitten or lions arch have anything to do with spvp?

Lets go over the facts ONCE again shall we my dear akame. 50/325 spvp servers with people on them…. lets see that is if half of them are full and half of them have a little more than half capacity that is…. roughly 600 ppl playing the hot join..

The tourny system being as dead as it is takes 8 teams of 5 people to start, as paid rarely pops anymore that is out of the question, frees on the other hand never took long to pop until recently, now it takes 10-20 min depending on the time zone and hour.

So lets say there are 16 to 24 teams playing that is 80-120 more pp…..

Now the tpvp numbers are in no way accurate, but you see the point.

If you really think spvp is not dead or dying my friend you are very delusional.

P.S. Anet Sold over 2 million copies of this game yet the pvp population is probably about .25% of the overall playerbase? Seems legit

Also, please explain to me what your going on about, this post is about the dismal state tpvp is in, if you think the tourny system is fine more power to ya…

(edited by Suzu.4193)

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Seems like they should be able to make fights at 5v5, 10v10 (or mysteriously 8v8), and WvWvW large scale at least entertaining and fun for most people. None of them seem particularly great right now, but mysteriously people’s here answer is that WvW doesn’t matter and they should remove 8v8.

Think you should be a little worried about how with this brand new ‘no-trinity’ paradigm they can’t even seem to support multiple types of PvP.

Honestly suspect without major changes, the ONLY PvP in the game is going to be arena style and WvWvW will feel mostly like PvE and appeal to some hardcore folks who really love that siege weaponry?