THE POWER OF SHATTERSTONE!

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Seriously? Every single time you mention fixing the useless ele sceptre, you just end up changing Shatterstone. All of the auto-attacks SUCK, having huge cast-times, massive aftercasts and/or pathetic damage. Yet SHATTERSTONE is the only thing changed?

And please no one say ‘oh it is only a preview’, because we all know ‘previews’ are 99% of the changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Lies. Last time it was dragon tooth. There’s nothing actually wrong with scepter, when you consider all the instant cast damage abilities it has. It must first be "nerfed" before it can be sufficiently buffed.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

They want a shatterstone meta.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Yeah, I was expecting some massive weapon reworks when they announced it, not these kitten tweaks.

Come on ANet, if you’re only going to work for a couple of weeks a year, at least do it right.

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

I know, right?

Anet is KILLING (no nerfing) the ONLY viable build for elementalist and giving me this:

Shatterstone (Water Scepter)– Reduced the timeit takes for the shatterstone to explode from two seconds to one. It has a small radius so the explosion would often miss. Cooldown increased from 2 to 3s.

You have to be kidding me… I quit

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Lies. Last time it was dragon tooth. There’s nothing actually wrong with scepter, when you consider all the instant cast damage abilities it has. It must first be “nerfed” before it can be sufficiently buffed.

Yeah, the almighty TWO instant cast abilities, and one of them doing no damage! SUCH OVERPOWERNESS!

Stop trolling.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

They want a shatterstone meta.

That would be the greatest meta ever.

in PvP

Impact.2780

Lies. Last time it was dragon tooth. There’s nothing actually wrong with scepter, when you consider all the instant cast damage abilities it has. It must first be "nerfed" before it can be sufficiently buffed.

Yeah, the almighty TWO instant cast abilities, and one of them doing no damage! SUCH OVERPOWERNESS!

Stop trolling.

I’d hardly call either scepter air 2 or the attunement to air instant damage trait, lacking in damage. The issue is they are instant cast, and fresh air allows for them to be used a lot. Focus 4 in earth is also instant and fair damage. Then there’s arcane blast and wave, at least one of which is taken in fresh air scepter builds.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Attuning to air is not a Sceptre ability, and Focus is an entirely different weapon.

Seriously, stop trolling. This is a proper thread about the need to buff Sceptre auto-attacks, and your trolling is derailing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Scepter complaining when they got a whooping 250 ferocity on swapping to air attunement. Seriously guys?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

The problem, yet again, is that ANet doesn’t give us players the full picture.

It’s completely useless information they gave us today as you cannot tell if the final patch will be a buff or a nerf.

If you want to see how good balance previews look like… next week will be the preview for the smite balance changes for the next pro league.

They already said, that they will be posted around 3 weeks before they implement the patch to make changes based on player feedback in the meantime.

in PvP

Impact.2780

Attuning to air is not a Sceptre ability, and Focus is an entirely different weapon.

Seriously, stop trolling. This is a proper thread about the need to buff Sceptre auto-attacks, and your trolling is derailing it.

If you think it’s trolling then you just don’t understand balance. Balance isn’t about making one thing good or bad, it’s about adjusting it with considerations to other things it can be used with. That is why I include other points about the build that scepter is usually used with. For the buffs you want, other things need to be looked at as well.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Sceptre is not used with ANY BUILD. Sceptre sucks. PERIOD. There is no viable Sceptre option in PvP, PvE or WvW. Its useless auto-attacks stop it from doing anything.

In case that was no clear enough: THERE IS NOTHING TO NERF.

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

If you think it’s trolling then you just don’t understand balance. Balance isn’t about making one thing good or bad, it’s about adjusting it with considerations to other things it can be used with. That is why I include other points about the build that scepter is usually used with. For the buffs you want, other things need to be looked at as well.

Ofcourse isn’t making things good. for the longest time elementalist has being reduced to 1 single build, a good one but a single build after all. With this patch they just kicked auramancers out of the meta so far and there’s no remining builds… So buff the scepter what is a joke (compared with revenants weapons for example) and whats the buff? make better a trash skill that noone use. NIIIICE JOB! (sorry for my english lol)

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Scepter complaining when they got a whooping 250 ferocity on swapping to air attunement. Seriously guys?

That is an awesome dagger buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

You’re being ignorance at best and dishonest at worst.

That buff helps Staff and Dagger too.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

We’re also removing the following amulets:

• Celestial

Rip ele

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

in PvP

Alekt.5803

You’re being ignorance at best and dishonest at worst.

That buff helps Staff and Dagger too.

Not helping staff until lighting surge cooldown is reduced; maybe a air dagger core ele build.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Fresh Air is only used for dagger right now. It is a large PvE buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Yay, now a skill that does nothing after 2 seconds, will do nothing after 1 second. Good thing they increased the cool-down to keep it balanced. They could have added a 1.5s immobilize to the end effect, but no, that would actually make Shatterstone compelling and useful.

I wish Anet actually knew how to give scepter some love…

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

You do realise that with the removal of Celestial amulet, we lost a whooping equal to more amount of other stats that we need?

We need to many different stats, due to hybrid nature of ele and low base defence.
Which we cant all get with the removal of Celestial amulet.
Unless we get more in base ele/traits.

Overall we currently lose a lot more than this ’’whooping’’ 250 ferocity gain.

You’re being ignorance at best

Indeed.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

You do realise that with the removal of Celestial amulet, we lost a whooping equal to more amount of other stats that we need?

We need to many different stats, due to hybrid nature of ele and low base defence.
Which we cant all get with the removal of Celestial amulet.
Unless we get more in base ele/traits.

Overall we currently lose a lot more than this ’’whooping’’ 250 ferocity gain.

You’re being ignorance at best

Indeed.

I think you are forgetting SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Seriously though…buff the auto-attacks. This is also your chance to give eles an actual condition build.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

All those fellow elementalist going into insults to another fellow elementalist who is actually playing marauder amulet.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

All those fellow elementalist going into insults to another fellow elementalist who is actually playing marauder amulet.

Will you quit bragging about your marauder build…you’re so biased about it you came into this thread to bring down another fellow ele’s request for reasonable scepter buffs, and when people turn on you for being disingenuous you act the victim…

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Will you quit bragging about your marauder build…you’re so biased about it you came into this thread to bring down another fellow ele’s request for reasonable scepter buffs, and when people turn on you for being disingenuous you act the victim…

I don’t see you trying. Is it better to be over-buffed?
Auto-Attacks on every ranged weapon of the elementalists are mediocre, yet, focus is hands-down the best off-hand. There is a limit of buffs directed at scepters I can take. Phoenix is one ability I am absolutely jealous of: unblockable, clears a condi, grants vigor and can deals a massive amount of damage while also being a quick cast.

I saw some people wanting more thoughness on Earth 2 while it already grants 250. I think that guy wanted it to be 400 or something of the sort.

As for now, we all know that Paladin Amulet S/F will surely be a thing because Fresh Air will grant 50% of the ferocity gained from Marauder amulet… On top of the 560 thoughness from the amulet, you’ll be able to add 250 to it, and another 180 (with signet of earth) Hinterhalt plays S/F marauder tempest already and survives decently.

To the elementalists, I say… Take it slow; we all know what happens to overbuffed elementalists.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Here are my opinions on how scepter could be buffed.
Shatterstone pulses chill, for a total of 2 secs. The two water focus skills to have 5 sec shaven off and Freezing Gust effects 5 ppl. I think fire + earth autos could have their cast times reduced to 1/2 with 1/4 aftercast, and the condis on them to get a slight toning down. Water aa damage gets bumped by (30%?).
My 2 cents.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

I like Shatterstone the way it is.
It helps me troll in PvP.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

I don’t see you trying. Is it better to be over-buffed?
Auto-Attacks on every ranged weapon of the elementalists are mediocre, yet, focus is hands-down the best off-hand. There is a limit of buffs directed at scepters I can take. Phoenix is one ability I am absolutely jealous of: unblockable, clears a condi, grants vigor and can deals a massive amount of damage while also being a quick cast.

I saw some people wanting more thoughness on Earth 2 while it already grants 250. I think that guy wanted it to be 400 or something of the sort.

As for now, we all know that Paladin Amulet S/F will surely be a thing because Fresh Air will grant 50% of the ferocity gained from Marauder amulet… On top of the 560 thoughness from the amulet, you’ll be able to add 250 to it, and another 180 (with signet of earth) Hinterhalt plays S/F marauder tempest already and survives decently.

To the elementalists, I say… Take it slow; we all know what happens to overbuffed elementalists.

What are you talking about? Fireball does great damage, and why are you ‘jealous’ of an ele skill? I thought you said you played an ele…

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

So are we embracing the new SHATTERSTONE meta?

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Is everyone ready to face the might of SHATTERSTONE?!?

in PvP

Alekt.5803

I only play staff; not interested with the other weapons.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

I only play staff; not interested with the other weapons.

Then why are you commenting on this…?

(edited by Axialbloom.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I like scepter but it could use a buff. I really like warhorn but I don’t like the close range of dagger with all these DH running around.

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Well ive been watching my combat log today a bit, and seeing warriors be able to spike 9k damage twice within a second, Seeing revenant do 8K damage crits. Trueshot from DH do 8k dmg. traps do 9k dmg.

I can say that my 2k spikes of instant cast s/f really is very very bad. (note im currently running a FULL s/f glass build)

I figured the preview was literally a preview and we would get more love for scepter tbh. If this is all of the reworks im sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The problem is 90% in the fire/air/earth/autoattacks. And i think buffing them is feared. Making strong autoattacks when waiting on overload could actually generate a good ranged weapon …..

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

The problem is 90% in the fire/air/autoattacks. And i think buffing them is feared. Making strong autoattacks when waiting on overload could actually generate a good ranged weapon …..

I just dont understand why. Lol. Isnt ele supposed to be either a jack of all trades, or a high skill high reward class?

I currently feel for the high skill i require, i only get moderate at best damage off. When current meta class can spike 8k every 4 seconds by pressing a single button and having more survival and range then me.. well i dont know…

The only reason why i still play s/f is because i enjoy the playstyle. Right now versus the meta its literally not worth playing anymore. Due to bunkers doing higher spike damage then me. And marauder/berserker users having about 3 times more sustain then me >.>