TOL 4 NA

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

ZERG ZERG ZERG ZERG ZERG ZERG

MO was right,

“if your into WvW typically your really into Pve”

Explains so much since PvE is about multi farming maps in zergs with zergs events. Where WvW has become a joke with super speed golems and placable cannons.

Now PvP must look the same, Everyone must zerg together.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

AHAHAAHAHAHA. I know right! That’s what I’ve been telling people. I still remember the days in PvP where if your team zerged yall automatically lost. But ANet has made GW2 even more social and casual then took away most of the skill that used to be required to PvP. Now the casual zerglings win most of the matches. Then people still try to tell others that bold face lie that GW2 is competitive and skill based. LEL

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Comps with Necromancer are very team fight oriented. Metas change. Sometimes that will be the case. However, there are viable comps that don’t focus on the team fights.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

AHAHAAHAHAHA. I know right! That’s what I’ve been telling people. I still remember the days in PvP where if your team zerged yall automatically lost. But ANet has made GW2 even more social and casual then took away most of the skill that used to be required to PvP. Now the casual zerglings win most of the matches. Then people still try to tell others that bold face lie that GW2 is competitive and skill based. LEL

Wow i was thinking the exact same thing.

When i started playing with people who wanted to take matches seriously. They always made comments about people who zerged. Every thread about rotations before this was about not zerging.

When i saw that BBTC vs Abjured match where they went 5 mid and was winning the match because the zerged together. I was like WOW. They started losing because they split apart. Zoose and DH ran far and they started to split. If they zerged the whole match i be willing to bet my all my gold on it they would of won.

Also toker was destroying them left and right when they tried to engage him in 1 vs 1.

2 things caught me too, storm said “this is like a death match” because they were fighting 5 vs 5 off point. And Heurix said he would take anyone from BBTC over anyone from the Abjured and they almost beat them in 1 match and took legacy.

I agree with you 100% its hard to be skill based when the most important thing is staying in 5 vs 5 fights all over the map.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Comps with Necromancer are very team fight oriented. Metas change. Sometimes that will be the case. However, there are viable comps that don’t focus on the team fights.

I can agree but it is so hard to say that when a team opts to go 5 mid and not cap home.

Then they control the first 3-4 minutes of the game vs the best team in NA for the last 3-4 years.

And they did it by zerg fighting, its really hard to agree with “there are viable comps that dont focus on team fights”, im not saying there isnt but wow.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Watching a match is very different from playing in a match, you can say “pff that’s easy” until you actually get in there and get your fists dirty.

It takes skill to get rotations right and even to get the zerg right. 1 false move and 4 people could wipe 5, 3 people could wipe 5, etc etc because the game IS about skill. If you’re prone to throwing your hands up every time you’re outnumbered, you’ll never be able to win in those outnumbered situations.

You can take a look at EU’s ability to out-rotate and counter each other as a plain example of this game requiring quick decisions and forethought.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Watching a match is very different from playing in a match, you can say “pff that’s easy” until you actually get in there and get your fists dirty.

It takes skill to get rotations right and even to get the zerg right. 1 false move and 4 people could wipe 5, 3 people could wipe 5, etc etc because the game IS about skill. If you’re prone to throwing your hands up every time you’re outnumbered, you’ll never be able to win in those outnumbered situations.

You can take a look at EU’s ability to out-rotate and counter each other as a plain example of this game requiring quick decisions and forethought.

I have to disagree, i just watched the EU TOL and the few things i noticed were not about rotations till the final match up.

1- Helseth casting is the best. Dude is funny and calls it like it is. He is the Doug Collins of GW2 play by play. Awesome work there.

2- In the match of Bee Yourself vs RgR, you saw what is wrong with HOT. Simply put the meta builds are stronger in every possible way. You had the viper shout necro and the retri rev. Helseth on the first map pointed that out for the reason they lost that first map. He called them safe builds but i dont know how you call them safe when they are not as effective. Might as well of called it pug comp.

You also saw the level ability. Twice you saw the engy handle a 1 vs 2 vs a warrior and a thief. Very next match you saw what a ESL team does to players playing safe builds. They got thrashed to the point it was over 192-0.

3- The meta, you could see why helseth is bald. He must of pulled all his hair out talking about rotations. Literally as it was happening even in the Vermillion match, saying stuff like ohh he should go there and you want to force sind into team fights by doing this this and this.

Its pretty clear there is not a place for thief and warrior in the elite PvP scene which is probably 4-5 teams. You can also see that there is very little room for team comps.

helseth was literally listing off the reasons players shouldnt be doing such and such. You were talking rotations, about how EU did it better but its still the same thing. Helseth was literally saying how you make the thief unviable in the current meta which once again forces the 5 vs 5 zergs with the 5 vs 5 zerg comp.

The non-ESL teams from EU got destroyed where as the non-ESL NA team took 1 off the Abjured and controlled the first half of the first map by zerging.

Obviously there is a certain amount of skill involved. Yet when you watch the both TOL tournaments you realize the same thing. When you got equally skilled players on both sides it came down to zerg fights.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

Maybe you should rewatch it as helseth said his team is gonna use thief and it is rly hard to work against it in rotations. From far what i have seen thief is doin pretty good.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Its pretty clear there is not a place for thief and warrior in the elite PvP scene which is probably 4-5 teams. You can also see that there is very little room for team comps.

There is plenty of room for team comps. There is plenty of room for experimentation. The difference between Pro teams and non-pro teams is practice and experience. They have experience fighting good Thieves and fighting good warriors and fighting good mesmers, so therefore if Thijsken holds a 2v1 it’s not only because his build is good, it’s also because he’s actually been in that situation many times and he knows how to handle it.
So if the other players are playing whatever build they are playing, they would have to know how to use that build EFFECTIVELY against Thijsken in order to be able to down him fast.

helseth was literally listing off the reasons players shouldnt be doing such and such. You were talking rotations, about how EU did it better but its still the same thing. Helseth was literally saying how you make the thief unviable in the current meta which once again forces the 5 vs 5 zergs with the 5 vs 5 zerg comp.

So let’s say blue team tries to force a 5v5, is red team obligated to take that 5v5 or can’t they just out-rotate the people trying to force the 5v5? Is there just 1 tactic in the game or are there not any counters?
Kdaddy, just watch how the good players rotate and you’ll understand that “zerging” is just one phase of the whole dynamic. There are too many factors at play in a game to say “Oh, this one tactic, boom, that’s the best.” If you do that, then you’re not going to be good at GW2.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Maybe you should rewatch it as helseth said his team is gonna use thief and it is rly hard to work against it in rotations. From far what i have seen thief is doin pretty good.

I be careful with that comment, he said that then didnt really give a explanation of why his team didnt run thief.

He also spent a heavy amount of time explaining ways to counter thief in future games with sind in it.

So as i try to put it all together it looks like he already has in mind what he would do against people like toker, levin or sind who could possible take thief into a tournament.

So the question becomes can thief out play X class in a 1 vs 1 or have enough mobility to pull off the +1. IMO thief might be able too but is not useful in team fights which is were the game is at.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

There is plenty of room for team comps. There is plenty of room for experimentation. The difference between Pro teams and non-pro teams is practice and experience. They have experience fighting good Thieves and fighting good warriors and fighting good mesmers, so therefore if Thijsken holds a 2v1 it’s not only because his build is good, it’s also because he’s actually been in that situation many times and he knows how to handle it.
So if the other players are playing whatever build they are playing, they would have to know how to use that build EFFECTIVELY against Thijsken in order to be able to down him fast.

So let’s say blue team tries to force a 5v5, is red team obligated to take that 5v5 or can’t they just out-rotate the people trying to force the 5v5? Is there just 1 tactic in the game or are there not any counters?
Kdaddy, just watch how the good players rotate and you’ll understand that “zerging” is just one phase of the whole dynamic. There are too many factors at play in a game to say “Oh, this one tactic, boom, that’s the best.” If you do that, then you’re not going to be good at GW2.

Your comment is incorrect, the engy that held a 2 vs 1 against lets just say good players. Was completely nullified by players of equal level. The next 2 matches they played they were destroyed resulting in a 192-0 loss which brings that comment to a halt.

So on the point of skill/ability level. During the game The Abjured loss heurix said he wouldnt take anyone from the other team over anyone from the Abjured. He is literally saying that everyone from the Abjured is better at the respective classes which showed when toker got some of them on islands.

Think about that, they won 1 and controlled another map for 1/3 of the match by simply engaging the 5 vs X.

The Abjured didnt struggle in the finals against equally skilled players. They did struggle against players who were supposedly of a lesser skill level who ran a WvW like comp.

Thats not me saying thats the only tactic, that was me saying that is the best tactic. I believe Helseth comments reinforce my argument when he was discussing rotations and how you want to move the thief in the very last match.

NA played it differently then EU and you saw that from the Semi final scores. The NA side had non-ESL teams able to actually compete where the EU teams tried to play old school rotations and the result was not pretty.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

You guys do not take into account the team comps as well as map choices. The reason people do 0-5-0 splits is because usually on maps like legacy or forest if you send 1 home 4 mid or 1-3-1 vs a team with stealths then it will often result in one of your player getting 100-0 by the gank squad, and in this meta 1 death = instant stagger at high level plays. I can’t speak for other teams but my teams when we played NL used the 0-5-0 solely for this reason because they have a thief which add the threat of ganking. Yes, we didn’t win but that’s because we made small mistakes which cost us. In this meta if you make 2 or 3 mistakes the match could instantly turn into a snowball. It’s not like unranked where you just go far 1v2 and hope your team win 4v3. At “high tier” teams like Abjured, NL, Pz, etc. Will punish you for not regrouping or splitting like soloQers. Meta changes, teams adapt. Saying you just need to zerg to be effective is very wrong. There are rotations upon rotations in those ToL games. Even in NA scene which I know is a meme but sadly y’all too ignorant and salty to accept that meta changes and you gotta move on.

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Just to clarify some things kdaddy

1. The team we obliterated was a full ESL pro leauge player team.
2. Helseth said in the future that he would want to play the thief setup not in the past, and since there’s nothing coming up right now how do you know they are not preparing for it?
3. We beat vM in the finals with thief, a team who never played together. vM beat Abjured’s thief comp at worlds. And that was a weaker vM compared to the ToL vM since Frostball was back into the roster who is miles ahead of kerv.
4. Just because you say do this and that, applying it in a game is completely different. It’s very easy to say what things should be done and then actually do it, then enemy team can also adapt and change up stuff. You think way too one dimensional mate, mesmer allows you to do so much with portals and thief combined

Peace

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

(edited by bluri.2653)

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Just to clarify some things kdaddy

1. The team we obliterated was a full ESL pro leauge player team.
2. Helseth said in the future that he would want to play the thief setup not in the past, and since there’s nothing coming up right now how do you know they are not preparing for it?
3. We beat vM in the finals with thief, a team who never played together. vM beat Abjured’s thief comp at worlds. And this was also a stronger vM with frostball back on roster who is miles ahead of kerv on mesmer fyi
4. Just because you say do this and that, applying it in a game is completely different. It’s very easy to say what things should be done and then actually do it, then enemy team can also adapt and change up stuff. You think way too one dimensional mate, mesmer allows you to do so much with portals and thief combined

Peace

Thats fine im more then willing to accept im wrong but i would like to see it.

Also i wasnt saying these things it was helseth. At this stage im like the reporter saying Jordan says and everyone say reporter your wrong when all im doing is reading what they are saying and what im seeing.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

You guys do not take into account the team comps as well as map choices. The reason people do 0-5-0 splits is because usually on maps like legacy or forest if you send 1 home 4 mid or 1-3-1 vs a team with stealths then it will often result in one of your player getting 100-0 by the gank squad, and in this meta 1 death = instant stagger at high level plays. I can’t speak for other teams but my teams when we played NL used the 0-5-0 solely for this reason because they have a thief which add the threat of ganking. Yes, we didn’t win but that’s because we made small mistakes which cost us. In this meta if you make 2 or 3 mistakes the match could instantly turn into a snowball. It’s not like unranked where you just go far 1v2 and hope your team win 4v3. At “high tier” teams like Abjured, NL, Pz, etc. Will punish you for not regrouping or splitting like soloQers. Meta changes, teams adapt. Saying you just need to zerg to be effective is very wrong. There are rotations upon rotations in those ToL games. Even in NA scene which I know is a meme but sadly y’all too ignorant and salty to accept that meta changes and you gotta move on.

No one here is saying that zerging is the only rotation/ move you make.

Your guys seem to be reading this wrong but when most of the fights are 4 vs 4 and 5 vs 5. That is zerg fighting.

Just to point out the match, 5 went mid and all 5 went to the far where zoose and the DH ran to blue home where the Abjured was able to force a 5 vs 5 at the blue home.

There were many rotations in between but when you can say you are trying to force the + 1 by 4 vs 3 and 5 vs 4. That is zerg fighting.

Metas change all i was saying is zerging is the new meta which so far no one has said differently other then maybe i dont know how to rotate or i dont know whats going which is fine. Yet when the comments by storm, Heurix, jebro and helseth are my examples.

Its easy to say there is rotations in rotations, that not what im arguing. Its the fact the meta is zerg zerg zerg which im not wrong. Also when there is no other play style, thats another issue.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

bluri.2653

I understand your sceptisism and i’m fine with that.

Helseth is saying how he would optimal want to play against a thief comp of course and thats natural since he knows the weakness, however executing that is different than knowing the weakness.

It’s natural that they have ideas on how to stop thief otherwise all teams would play thief if you don’t know how to deal with it, right?

But what I more or less meant was the team that got placed second who already beat a thief comp should have enough understanding how to counter it yes? Yet they got beaten by a mix team, that should give you the understanding that it just isn’t do this and do that

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

So what did the Abjured change up their roster or just have sub

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

SPvP is, after all, a team competition. I have seen many more zergs in matches here lately and it is definitely a legitimate tactic giving the way things are designed. Certain team comps may very well indeed benefit from zerging and it becomes the task of the opposing team to alter their strategy in order to formulate an effective counter. I have seen duos and trios more often as well (mini zergs so to speak) – where the same 2 or 3 stay together the entire match (sometimes its tough being Mesmer and seeing the same 2 people the entire match on you like a cheap suit); and I have to admit it has its advantages when certain professions are coupled together both for bunkering and rotations.

Nevertheless, to expect 1v1s all the time, part of the time, or to expect spvp to be a “dueling pit” is not the way its designed and if zerging is getting you the win, isn’t that all that matters at the end – to win?

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

The abjured (astral authority) replaced Chaith with Zoose. After their huge loss against Vermillion, the abjured decided to kick out Chaith which is really odd considering Nos is the absolute worst abjured. NA will be caving into EU pressure by not playing the worst class in this game (tef) and using a meta mesmer for superior rotations and moa spams. Right now it seems like…
STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Captain Phantaram- DH or something else
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer
Nos- only class he can play

Let’s hope they can rip that smug smile off of Helseth.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

The abjured (astral authority) replaced Chaith with Zoose. After their huge loss against Vermillion, the abjured decided to kick out Chaith which is really odd considering Nos is the absolute worst abjured. NA will be caving into EU pressure by not playing the worst class in this game (tef) and using a meta mesmer for superior rotations and moa spams. Right now it seems like…
STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer

this is actually really funny if you know how good those players really are lolz

Darek.1836

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Azukas.1426

STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer

So they booted their long time captain to pick up Z

Interesting since Wakkey Toker and Chaith were from the original GF team.

Wasn’t Chaith the one who quarterbacked the deal with Atral Authority?

(edited by Azukas.1426)

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Helseth is saying how he would optimal want to play against a thief comp of course and thats natural since he knows the weakness, however executing that is different than knowing the weakness.

It’s natural that they have ideas on how to stop thief otherwise all teams would play thief if you don’t know how to deal with it, right?

But what I more or less meant was the team that got placed second who already beat a thief comp should have enough understanding how to counter it yes? Yet they got beaten by a mix team, that should give you the understanding that it just isn’t do this and do that

Everything you say is correct.

But once again lets get Helseth or TCG or what ever they want to call themselves in the situations.

Of course having a elite thief will counter some of the mesmer/ team comps you can mess around with because of rotation and personal skill issues.

Lets just say we have the best 4 teams from EU and the 4 best from NA. And they are playing at the highest level. Out of these 8 teams lets just say 3 ( since Eu had 3 last tournament who did not play thief and crushed the thief team comps) know how to rotate and handle a thief in 1 vs 1 situations.

Because these 3 teams know how to do it, the 5 other teams can not play thief. It also allows these 3 teams to play the most effective builds possible without worrying about a niche team comp that might give other teams problems due to a lack of skilled rotations or ability to handle a certain player on a certain class.

Thats all im trying to say, is when the best play the best i personally dont think thief and warrior can be used in a team comp in this current meta.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer

I asked Olrun about it and its so odd to me that people quit there teams or kick team mates to me. It would be totally ok if someone left the team because people didnt get along but having a captain kick someone 1 season and then the next leave the team for another. So crazy to me.

Obviously the League is a win now mode. I might be to old to understand but when i played Summer League ball in the 90’s. It was with the people i played with in JH and HS.

If we were to win i want to win with them. Obviously many of the top tier players are friends even though they are not on teams but its such a odd thing to me.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Azukas.1426

STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer

I asked Olrun about it and its so odd to me that people quit there teams or kick team mates to me. It would be totally ok if someone left the team because people didnt get along but having a captain kick someone 1 season and then the next leave the team for another. So crazy to me.

Obviously the League is a win now mode. I might be to old to understand but when i played Summer League ball in the 90’s. It was with the people i played with in JH and HS.

If we were to win i want to win with them. Obviously many of the top tier players are friends even though they are not on teams but its such a odd thing to me.

Well ever since HoT that team hasn’t been the same. They’ve had real trouble since HoT and I think this is due to their inability to multi class effectively. You could also argue that they’ve not had a favorable meta since HoT due to their native classes vs the EU players native classes. There’s literally no mesmers in NA tbh and mesmers have been such a huge deciding factor in games since HoT released.

I dunno there’s more to it and we’ll prolly never know.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

bluri.2653

Everything you say is correct.

But once again lets get Helseth or TCG or what ever they want to call themselves in the situations.

Of course having a elite thief will counter some of the mesmer/ team comps you can mess around with because of rotation and personal skill issues.

Lets just say we have the best 4 teams from EU and the 4 best from NA. And they are playing at the highest level. Out of these 8 teams lets just say 3 ( since Eu had 3 last tournament who did not play thief and crushed the thief team comps) know how to rotate and handle a thief in 1 vs 1 situations.

Because these 3 teams know how to do it, the 5 other teams can not play thief. It also allows these 3 teams to play the most effective builds possible without worrying about a niche team comp that might give other teams problems due to a lack of skilled rotations or ability to handle a certain player on a certain class.

Thats all im trying to say, is when the best play the best i personally dont think thief and warrior can be used in a team comp in this current meta.

And this is why I’m telling you that you don’t seem to understand. Vermillion who placed second in worlds won against Abjured’s thief comp. We 2-0’d vermillion in ToL with a pug team against them with Frostball back on the team as mesmer who is considered to be one of the best mesmers in the game WITH our thief comp. You bring up old stuff from worlds there has been a patch ever since. Hello??? Retri nerfed, druid nerfed, downstate changes and gyro daze removed, these are huge things for thief, wake up.

So if we as a pug team with thief manages to beat the team who placed 2nd in worlds imagine what a team that actually pracc thief comp can do.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Ohhh i understand but like you said, there are pug groups in this tournament.

Until i see a thief do well against in a actual tournament were teams are fighting for placement, to get to a playoffs. To face off in a land event, I still feel that is the case.

Its one thing to face people in a day were people are tired or havent been playing and rotations might be off.

Its another to face a team of people who have practiced a few hours a day and have faced competition week in and week out.

You can prove me wrong, im all for it. I believe im right and nothing from this TOL showed me otherwise other then a really good thief was on a really good team where alot of pugs and teams were picking up randoms.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

STRONGEST TO WEAKEST

Big Man Toker- rev
Wakkey- ele
Zoose- mesmer

Well ever since HoT that team hasn’t been the same. They’ve had real trouble since HoT and I think this is due to their inability to multi class effectively. You could also argue that they’ve not had a favorable meta since HoT due to their native classes vs the EU players native classes. There’s literally no mesmers in NA tbh and mesmers have been such a huge deciding factor in games since HoT released.

I dunno there’s more to it and we’ll prolly never know.

yeah i agree still, i still find it odd that you could drop someone so easily.

It would also be nice if they would quit trying to pretend that they can play all these different classes.

So far we have seen zoose try DH S1 (i think?) mesmer and engy and perform below the elite standard as well as wakkey try DH, five gauge on druid, even phanta to me is below all the EU mesmers in the top 4 teams maybe even 5.

I agree who knows but its crazy to me.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: surrge.3214

surrge.3214

i don’t get it, you find it odd that they are dropping people so easily yet you don’t want them to multi class and complain about their lackluster performance off of their mains?? so don’t drop them and play a sub par comp to have everyone play on their mains is what you are saying?

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

i don’t get it, you find it odd that they are dropping people so easily yet you don’t want them to multi class and complain about their lackluster performance off of their mains?? so don’t drop them and play a sub par comp to have everyone play on their mains is what you are saying?

That part is more or less the competitor in me.

I would like for each people to play there mains. (especially when they are significantly better at it)

Its like when the Spurs got to back to back finals in like 13-14.

Duncan and ginobli who were the faces of the team were still the faces of the team. Yet roles changed and they were still able to win a champion ship 10 years after there prime years.

Here you have multiple teams/players moving left and right and i understand this.

There is just something more memorable about teams that stick together and sticking to there guns whether its riding with the wave or against it.

TOL 4 NA

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

The thing you have to understand at least in the NA tournaments is that the 4 DPS comp of DH, Necro, Rev, Mes, Tempest has a really strong team fight, It counters the 3 DPS comp we saw from PZ, which is essentially the same but with druid instead of DH. This gives them better backnode and 1v2 potential than say a DH would. The downside is this results in a weaker 5v5, which is why we saw most of the NA ToL as a full blown 5v5 in roads.

As many of you know NL lost Mobs ( their dragon hunter ) the day before the ToL to Abjured, and I was picked up as a last minute replacement since my team “ScapeGoats” was unable to play the ToL. What most of the PvP community doesn’t know is that In scrims prior to ToL NA has had more success with Thief comp than was showcased on the stream. hours before the ToL NL was taking games off The Abjured with thief comp. I personally found it did better against the 4 DPS comp than it did the Druid or Scrapper comps.

After the EU ToL far more teams in NA have shown an interest in running thief comp, and I expect next season we won’t see the same 5v5 zergfest we did just a few weeks ago.

Katsumi