Take into account the stats of the players.

in PvP

Posted by: Cowboy.5982

Cowboy.5982

What do you think of to take into account the statistics of the players at the end of their match,

to help the players way(means) which stagnates in the divisions inferior with platinum(deck) to rise in their giving +de pts by victories and – of loss of pts by defeats ?

Like that the statistics of the end of match will serve in some thing, example :

When a player loses his match with in statistics 20 kill / max dmg / max def / ect … Has no reason of him(it) rewarded for its efforts there.

For me it is bueno to make kills often 20 by match, it is fun, but I would like to be rewarded for that exactly lol.

When do you think ?

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

When do you think ?

Usually in the shower.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Not good idea, you want focus on stats because you are one of the players that focus and care too much on stats. Reward for winning game is more than enough. You play to win not for stats. Having top stats doesn’t mean you are better player than someone don’t have any stats or only 1 top stat etc so you shouldn’t be rewarded as maybe 0 or -only 1 top stat guy from your team could beat you in seconds in 1v1 he just don’t have top stats because enemy countered him etc.

You are winner you get reward you are loser you don’t get reward. It’s that simple.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

If by “reward” you mean the amount of MMR you gain/lose is adjusted, then yeah. Although I think that you should have to gain at least 2 categories to get any MMR reward. 20 kills sounds impressive but if that’s the only thing you did, then you weren’t really carrying. But if you get top kills AND top revives, just for example, you were clearly not just tunnel visioning on kills, you were contributing o the team’s success too. Kills by itself isn’t necessarily impressive because you could easily just tag someone that your teammate is fighting 1v1 and get full credit for the kill.

I definitely don’t think that anything other than MMR points should be awarded, if you start giving gold/items then it will encourage even more bad behavior from pve players that pvp just to farm ascended armor.

But this is part of a larger discussion about top stats and if/how they should affect MMR, there’s already a thread on that topic if you guys want to chime in.

in PvP

Cowboy.5982

Exemple ^^ I’m not dead

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Actually he carried his team lol. Just because you’re not good enough to play it doesn’t mean it isn’t effective, Phantaram just played it competitively yesterday and was winning 1v1s against thieves (which counter ele btw) and was even occupying the other team in 1v2s.

in PvP

Cowboy.5982

Look at my hp ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

This is 100% a bad idea, mainly because there is soo many ways someone could abuse and play badly in order to get those top stats.

Just a few examples :
- Support ele duoq-ing with a minionmancer engaging a 2v2 with <insert random classes> on an enemy capped node and staying in this 2v2 for the entirety of the game. Of course, these guys will never win, or get a decap because they do no damage. But, the support ele will most likely get top stat in offense, healing and, depending on what he’s fighting, top stat in damage.
- If someone is 1v2 on a neutral node all game long and never dies, he’s carrying the hell out of his team, but he doesn’t get any top stat other than offense.

Stats don’t mean much if you don’t know how to interpret them, because some kills are more valuable than others and some rezes are more important than others. The system will probably never, ever be able to interpret these stats correctly.

The system we have now may have flaws, but is very accurate as long as you play a good amount of games. If you are consistently playing above the average level of your skill rating, you will have above 50% w/l ratio and eventually go up. If you are playing below the average level of your skill rating, you will eventually go down.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I already started a thread on this pic, but I still think this could be an exception. I wasn’t the one who lost this match and certainly gave it my all to try to win it, even when it seemed hopeless.

Attachments:

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

No to stats simply because I’m the sort of player to let 1 person cap an empty node and I’ll keep rotating somewhere else….

Encouraging 3 players to cap an empty node is bad. Encouraging players to 5v1 everything for the sake of kills is also bad. Even this healing stat is bad because I’ve had too many games with Druids/Ele all heal spamming for that top stat which leaves my team with 0 DPS.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

No to stats simply because I’m the sort of player to let 1 person cap an empty node and I’ll keep rotating somewhere else….

Encouraging 3 players to cap an empty node is bad. Encouraging players to 5v1 everything for the sake of kills is also bad. Even this healing stat is bad because I’ve had too many games with Druids/Ele all heal spamming for that top stat which leaves my team with 0 DPS.

You don’t get any stats for capping empty nodes, only for ticks in combat near nodes (offensive for enemy controlled, defensive for team controlled).

One thing to be said for the discussion on mitigating MMR loss for top stats is that it should never encourage playing a certain way except to contribute to winning the match. Winning should always be the highest reward.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You don’t get any stats for capping empty nodes, only for ticks in combat near nodes (offensive for enemy controlled, defensive for team controlled).

One thing to be said for the discussion on mitigating MMR loss for top stats is that it should never encourage playing a certain way except to contribute to winning the match. Winning should always be the highest reward.

Yes winning should be the highest reward but rewards are given to top stats and people are looking to fill the PIPS hence why I feel the system encourages bad decisions and gameplay.

I know I’m gold or higher due to matches at that level being 490-500 everygame, but I’m currently dropping between Gold and Silver due to allies, just like in another thread, it’s a me issue, I can’t carry 4 players fighting off point and with every loss the allies get worse and harder to carry and those allies are just after PIPS, not rating. I can’t cap both Temple buffs alone and I’m certainly not good enough to hold off a 3 man lord rush alone while allies chase those top stats.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I think they really need a system for rewarding individuals, not putting rating in a ranked system at the mercy of 4 randoms that may or may not be drunken hipster monkeys hanging from the ceiling with a macbook air and dorky glasses.

Current system is bad and this is as good a suggestion as any.