Taking a break

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

I’m one of those players who got a bunch of his friends to play gw2, I played it since launch and have been here a while, I played PvP on and off until I recently really got into it a few months back.
I’m taking a break from the game and just want to explain that it’s because of lack of communication from Anet. While I do understand as they pointed out they read forums and implement changes at some point, without any real communication about changes we are all complaining about.

In my case it’s about ele/tempest, yes yes..
I am kind of sick of beein frustrated, comming to forums daily looking weather something will be done to alleviate my concerns about ele beeing viable in PvP in some way.. just tired of waiting for someone to say something from Anet, and not getting anything.
I don’t like necro or rev I consider ele the most fun and versatile class to play. That’s gone now.
I hope the game will be healthier in a few months.

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

It’s been like one week since last patch, before that ele has been viable for a long while. It is not fun to play when you can’t play the way you want, I hope the light will shine on your Ele once again in the future.

… but you know just because you have had a lot of friends playing doesn’t mean that you are a VIP or something.

I am called white Knight, I have got a good amount of people play GW2 and I have spent a lot of cash on gems but I am still no more important than any other player.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

I did not mean to imply i am in any ways more important then anyone else, i was simply saying that i got my friends to play out of love for the game. Guess i should have put it this way. Its not about the Ele op’ness, its the issue that we don’t have any kind of build that can survive in pvp anymore, and it frustrates me alot..
So il make a break until something is brought in order, or i get an urge to roll a necro or rev.

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

dont worry some streamer will surely come up with a way to play ele in this meta in a couple of months

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Have you tried d/w with earth 3-3-3 water 1-2-2 and tempest 3-2-3 with rune of the soldier?

The biggest problem i have is Anet has always forced eles to play X build. Like before it was cantrips and when they saw people able to use conjure weapons they nerfed them so ele could only play cantrips and right now ele can only play shouts.

While this is true for other classes as well like warrior but some classes can play multiple builds and still be successful which a game should have.

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

Ye ele was so fun to play before Diamond skin change sitting afk on points and spaming auras and heals.

Taking a break

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Some people cant get over themselves and realize the irony of their statements, such as “eles were viable/ok/OP last meta so they deserve their non-viability now”…. you dont want balance, you want revenge. The only thing that does is drive people away, one class at a time. I know my 2 friends who mained warriors since release stopped playing Pvp after HoT altogether.

@OP:

I have over 4k PvP games, have recruited 5 irl friends as well as 2 family members, help managed a 100+ active members guild before, have 52% of my PvP games with ele, been playing since release almost non-stop and have nearly 5k hours sunk into this game, 2 legendaries (as well as a hefty amount $$ too….. dont even wanna count..). I was one of the first people to come to the forums to ask for DS nerf when the league started, because as a critical person I recognized it wasn’t healthy for the game.

I feel your pain, I have been very committed to the game too. I have, however, taken breaks before, usually 2-3 months long, longest was 6 months. Right now I too am very disappointed at Anet, and specially the community who doesnt see that they are shooting themselves in the foot if all they seek is revenge rather than a state resembling balance. I too I’m taking a break, playing Blade and Soul which happen to have quite the amazing combat and so far doesn’t seem [as] unbalanced. I logged in just to reply to you. Lets hope Anet learns at some point, so far it only took them 3 years and a half to buff shatterstone on scepter, Im sure that by 2021 we might have a working shatterstone weapon outside staff or daggers.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ