Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Rainbow Eyelids.8461

Rainbow Eyelids.8461

any channeled ability shouldn’t be able to target after going into stealth. wut?

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

if the channeled ability is started before the opponent stealths it tracks. this has always been this way. it is intended for balance.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

As a thief I hate it. As a necro I love it.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Why shouldn’t this be the case? As you express your dismay. Stealth has a skillfull counter..boo! What a joke…

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just use one of your 900 interrupts before you stealth if you notice you’re being latched into. Can’t have more of a tell than already having been hit by a channel.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Ok, let’s think it backward.
Stealth shouldn’t cancel targeting
We can’t see you but we know you’re there, so we should be able to auto-track you

See, selfish thieves are crying now.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Or more like, we got into a fight, and then you went invisible, but before you managed to go invisible, I managed to grab your shirt collar. So then, I punched you in the face a bunch of times.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

It’s a half baked implementation.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

You shouldn’t be able to target a person with a channel skill before the stealth, but stealthing at will to avoid every ranged attack is OK? Interesting. It isn’t like the thief meta build doesn’t have a million CCS.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is so right, stealth is completely underpowered now, especially because there are so many ways to reasonably counter-play it. Should someone flailing around at the air should be allowed to contact someone in stealth? Obviously not! AoE fields shouldn’t be able to hit things they can’t see…with their field – eyes (?).

I think all players in stealth should just gain invulnerability to both power and condi damage….seems balanced.

Also, doing damage shouldn’t reveal you. Also, all attacks from stealth should automatically 1-shot people. Only then would it be balanced.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Well technically, SA traited theives will be immune to power and condi damage in stealth and deal ridiculous amounts of damage coming out of stealth thanks to DA traits, so I guess the OP just needs to wait.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

It’s actually kind of funny. If you are being targeted for kill shot, stealth, teleport in back of the warrior and run away, the warrior will turn around to shoot you! Again tho, stealth is extremely powerful. It doesn’t really need a buff like canceling skills.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Come on lol, all of you people asking for a stealth buff have no case. Let this thread die.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Well as a thief I don’t mind the channeling. What really grinds my gears is that the channeling follows you. So if you channel me you know where I am at all times because your character automatically adjusts to me which kind of defeats the purpose of stealthing in the first place. But oh well, If they do this I guess everyone and their dog will complain about how OP thief is.

Oh wait … they already do :p It’s fascinating how many baddies this game has.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You want people to adjust to your get out of combat free card, but you neglect the fact that you have three very potent CC tools (one of which you have constant access to) to stop the channel BEFORE you stealth? Let me guess, you must also let people pop their heal and drop banners unimpeded. Mhm, it is interesting how many baddies this game has.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Well as a thief I don’t mind the channeling. What really grinds my gears is that the channeling follows you. So if you channel me you know where I am at all times because your character automatically adjusts to me which kind of defeats the purpose of stealthing in the first place. But oh well, If they do this I guess everyone and their dog will complain about how OP thief is.

The real interesting part is usually it’s the thieves who make those QQ threads first
How many posts about this stealth stuff being brought up? At least 50 times no?
Also so many nub thieves make a thread about how OP Rapid Fire is LOL..

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

The real interesting part is usually it’s the thieves who make those QQ threads first

Rapid Fire is OP. But since its the only decent source of damage for longbow ranger most people don’t complain and think this is acceptable.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I usually have no problem with channeling skills in stealth… Unless I stealth with 20 hp left barely after that kitten ed channel started… Good way to make me feel stupid
Only problem I’ve got is being hit by a targeting downed skill while in stealth

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Rapid Fire is OP. But since its the only decent source of damage for longbow ranger most people don’t complain and think this is acceptable.

Because a F1 that covers bigger than the whole node, tick alot of condition and direct damage, cleanse 3 conditions, infinite fire field to blast at a 7CD base is not OP (chuckle.) Seriously Warrior’s LB is more OP than ranger’s in 100 ways. It’s kind of the weapon that “carries” Warrior into Meta.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i’ll tell you what… remove the ability of a stealthed character from “finishing” a downed character, and then i’ll agree that stealth should break target tracking for channelled skills.

anything that prevents capturing a point should also prevent / break a “finish him” channel, too, including the “start to channel finisher, then port away, then port back just before the channel ends” exploit that i’ve heard about.

– The Baconnaire

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

i’ll tell you what… remove the ability of a stealthed character from “finishing” a downed character, and then i’ll agree that stealth should break target tracking for channelled skills.

anything that prevents capturing a point should also prevent / break a “finish him” channel, too, including the “start to channel finisher, then port away, then port back just before the channel ends” exploit that i’ve heard about.

Um … that’s called safestomping. Every class has one. Whether you go mist, or invul. Actually the stealth safestomp is the most fair of them all, since you know, you can CC the thief, while you can’t push an engi or misted ele.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Um … that’s called safestomping. Every class has one. Whether you go mist, or invul. Actually the stealth safestomp is the most fair of them all, since you know, you can CC the thief, while you can’t push an engi or misted ele.

Then there is necro who can use an elite to safestomp :P

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

It’s actually kind of funny. If you are being targeted for kill shot, stealth, teleport in back of the warrior and run away, the warrior will turn around to shoot you!

This is where the game breaks down completely. Ranger LB obliterates mesmers and d/p thieves due to this. Anything except LOS will get you killed because so much damage comes from that 1 channeled skill. It’s completely nonsensical that a channel would follow you even AFTER teleporting 900-1200 range. On the other side some skills don’t work properly against stealth, shatters for instance. The clones will stop running and pop if someone stealths but pets don’t seem to suffer this issue(they continue with the attack even at short distances). This is one of the reasons rangers aren’t nullified by thieves while mesmers are hard-countered.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

It’s actually kind of funny. If you are being targeted for kill shot, stealth, teleport in back of the warrior and run away, the warrior will turn around to shoot you!

This is where the game breaks down completely. Ranger LB obliterates mesmers and d/p thieves due to this. Anything except LOS will get you killed because so much damage comes from that 1 channeled skill. It’s completely nonsensical that a channel would follow you even AFTER teleporting 900-1200 range. On the other side some skills don’t work properly against stealth, shatters for instance. The clones will stop running and pop if someone stealths but pets don’t seem to suffer this issue(they continue with the attack even at short distances). This is one of the reasons rangers aren’t nullified by thieves while mesmers are hard-countered.

ranger is definitely nullified by thief, it’s a l2p issue, stop getting carried by your class.
try to use your brain, dp thief has a tons of tools to nullified ranger.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Or you can just do what every other professions do already: Dodge it.

I know you’re using those “broken mechanic” to carry you so much, that you don’t really want to dodge with right timing anymore

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

such bad exploits everywhere dont know whats wrong with this game i feel u man

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

any channeled ability shouldn’t be able to target after going into stealth. wut?

And stealthys shouldn’t stomp people nor rez their allies. Technically we know where you are so why should we continue to let that happen too?

This looks like a losing argument for you sir

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

And stealthys shouldn’t stomp people nor rez their allies. Technically we know where you are so why should we continue to let that happen too?

How about this explanation for you:

Magic!

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

How about this explanation for you:

Magic!

If thief can have magic, why not ranger? Pfft.
Magic for ranger too. So channel hits stealth makes sense now. Period.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

They should make it so stealth is invuln. You shouldn’t be able to hit that which you can’t see, amirite? Zergdive with a 100 stealthed theives and rek everyone with chain backstab after chain backstab.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

And yet any competent thief should be able to beat a glass LB ranger, and the only situation Rapid fire is complained about is when the ranger is full glass.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I know you’re using those “broken mechanic” to carry you so much, that you don’t really want to dodge with right timing anymore

No no no. If you open the ranger or 1v1 then fine, it’s not the same. But rangers join teamfights and just melt d/p thieves unless they can LOS. I’ve seen rangers come to a teamfight, knockback, followed by rapid fire(double sigil proc) and 1 auto to take out 15k health. The wolf AOE fearing you into a wall doesn’t help, and rangers opening fights like this isn’t rare either. Even d/d full burst thieves can’t put out so much damage without risk of getting drawn close or losing most utility.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

No no no. If you open the ranger or 1v1 then fine, it’s not the same. But rangers join teamfights and just melt d/p thieves unless they can LOS. I’ve seen rangers come to a teamfight, knockback, followed by rapid fire(double sigil proc) and 1 auto to take out 15k health. The wolf AOE fearing you into a wall doesn’t help, and rangers opening fights like this isn’t rare either. Even d/d full burst thieves can’t put out so much damage without risk of getting drawn close or losing most utility.

Sounds like that’s working as intended. 1 full glass player killed another full glass player.

A glass longbow ranger is there to +1 fights and focus the squishy targets. This is also a thief’s job but thieves also get the best mobility in the game so they are better for decapping .

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Sounds like that’s working as intended. 1 full glass player killed another full glass player.

A glass longbow ranger is there to +1 fights and focus the squishy targets. This is also a thief’s job but thieves also get the best mobility in the game so they are better for decapping .

Yeah but they are theives.. how many have you ever met that doesn’t have some sort of entitlement issue?

I’m a theif he shouldn’t be able to kill me with a ranged class etc.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Rapid fire is indeed op for the risk involved, but thieves should know how to dodge as well. If you are fighting in the open and have no LOS to protect you from the same camping positions the more annoying rangers always use, you committed suicide. Positioning and use of landscape are part of pvp. Don’t +1 a fight in the open, burn your endurance, then get flustered when a ranger pelts you from 1500 range. it takes one dodge to negate most of RF. Granted its stupid powerful, but you shouldnt be relying on stealth to save you from that in particular.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

And yet any competent thief should be able to beat a glass LB ranger, and the only situation Rapid fire is complained about is when the ranger is full glass.

I’ve never said it is impossible to kill a ranger. Pretty much agree with what you said but that just shows how bad the ranger design is. Mostly bad abilities with few overpowered ones. Yay balance!

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve never said it is impossible to kill a ranger. Pretty much agree with what you said but that just shows how bad the ranger design is. Mostly bad abilities with few overpowered ones. Yay balance!

Same could be said about thieves…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Mesmers and Necro do the same job too. That’s what they’re there for. If rangers can’t even do his ONLY job decently, they might as well not exist at all.
People tend to focus fire on them first too because they do high range damage in team fight. You should do the same to rangers instead of ignoring him.

Also, do note, among 3 zerk range classes, ranger is the only one that probably doesn’t has piercing, if he wants to grab that 1500 range and make arrow able to hit anyone (RtW). Mesmer has default piercing, while necro picks piercing 24/7. A strong rev from Guardian or Warrior can easily negate ranger’s effort of downing the squishy classes because they can just bodyblock projectiles and rev the down.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

welcome to the world of thieves, where they get nuked while being in stealth and everyone else is crying “OMG stealth has no counter QQQQQQQQQ”

i think channeling spells following target in stealth is annoying but probably needed… i actually find pets following you in stealth rather broken (which i assume is since it is inconsistent)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Doubt it. Most thief skills are good and can be a game changer if used right. I thought we are over the idea of “heartseeker spam ftw!”. I thought we figured out that this is not an iWin button and any semi-braindead opponent that has cooldowns can decimate such thief.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Doubt it. Most thief skills are good and can be a game changer if used right. I thought we are over the idea of “heartseeker spam ftw!”. I thought we figured out that this is not an iWin button and any semi-braindead opponent that has cooldowns can decimate such thief.

If a person is bad enough that all a ranger has to do is auto attack and rapid fire to kill them, then that person is bad enough that a thief can backstab and heartseeker spam them to death.

The Longbow doesn’t have bad skills, it has 2 skills for damage and 3 utility skills that should be used situationally. This is how weapons should be, they shouldn’t be like a warrior’s hammer where you don’t even have to think about what you are pressing because all the skills are powerful all the time.

A longbow ranger and a thief run the same roll in PvP, try to decap points, +1 fights, and focus the low health or squishy targets in team fights. The ranger has a range advantage which is only useful on a couple of maps, but the thief has a much bigger advantage thanks to their mobility. This is what keeps the thief in the meta while the ranger is forever sidelined.

So before complaining about a longbow ranger take a look at your own ability to Usain Bolt your way across the map by porting up ledges and through walls. Infiltrator’s arrow is a way more OP skill than anything on the ranger’s longbow.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

if the channeled ability is started before the opponent stealths it tracks. this has always been this way. it is intended for balance.

and it does it greatly.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

If damage revealed stealth characters I’d be fine with it.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Looks like OP was reading the other thread about stealth, finally realized channeled abilities were still hitting him, then decided to cry about it though he was none the wiser.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

If damage revealed stealth characters I’d be fine with it.

Ikr. Logically, in real life, when you got stab/shoot while you’re invisible (yes, it’s doable with technology), if you slice someone that’s invisible, you’d either feel it, or the target may bleed and reveal it’s location. But in GW2, none of this applied. Even though we’re melee hitting them like crazy while they stealth rev someone, we still can’t see them lol.

So if logic doesn’t work with stealth, so does channeling skills. Don’t bother argue me that why the heck arrows track stealth, because the stealth in GW2 is equally illogical.

Targeting. Stealth. Wut?

in PvP

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Mmm I don’t know what to think. At one point I agree with it being a bit weird. If I stealth and a Ranger pressed it’s button of Death (Rapid Fire) Even teleporting 400m away still makes it able to hit me.

But I agree that it might maybe be better for balance purposes, I mean if all channeled skills would automatically miss, it would get too overpowered probably. Though I still think Ranger should get a small rework because for thief it’s either:

1. Go stealth, take the damage
2. Waste 2 dodges and still take 1 or 2 hits.
3. Try to interrupt, and still take 4-kittens (Headshot is quite slow compared to Rapid Fire)

Not trying to complain though! Thief is a nice class in general. It’s fine to get some hits for a change:P