Teach Me how to Khylo

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

What is the best strategy for this map? I am suffering from much frustration, since no one on my team, premade or pug ever wants to kill the enemy treb, so then we lose. I’ll try to burst it down (if I’m not playing a condi spec) once or twice at the start of the match, but it just gets hopeless when they continually repair it time and time again, especially with teef/mesmer mobility.

So what are the best strategies in both pug and premade for dealing with an enemy team that constantly repairs trebuchets?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Ignore the treb if there’s one player constantly repairing it. You can dodge the treb shots if you’re paying attention since the game announces it (with exception of the first shot). If one enemy is on the treb for the entire duration of the match, it’s pretty much 4v5.

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: MatthiasL.5346

MatthiasL.5346

It really depends on your team comp. But if enemy is constantly using treb, go for 3 point cap. Just rotate faster and dodge treb, this way it shouldn’t be a problem because you are basicly fighting 5v4. On side points it’s fairly easy to dodge treb. If you have a mobile prof like thief on your team, it shouldn’t be that hard to destroy treb multiple times.

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Let’s consider you have a functional team comp consisting of:

• Primary Engager – D/D Cele Ele
  • Primary Engager – Juggernaut Warrior
  • Primary Engager – Mantra Mesmer
  • Point Holder – Shout Bunker Guard
  • Peeler +1’er – D/P Thief

(1) Never use your treb at the start of a match. It’s just bait and too much of a gamble.

(2) Send your peeler to destroy the enemy treb at the start of the match. If someone is defending the enemy treb and the peeler cannot kill him, the peeler can still harass him so he cannot use the treb. If the peeler focuses on survival, eventually he can down the treb. Peeling classes win 1v1 with the hill and running around it, they out disengage heavier enemies this way.

(3) Someone caps home point and then joins the other three at mid. Mid is crucial to control in Khylo because you can chokepoint the west and east sides of the mid node to stop progression to your home point. mid also allows your team easy control of the trebs and treb repair kits.

(4) Far is not for capping in Khylo, it is for neutralizing. You only ever let the peeler worry about going far. He can neutralize far quickly and then keep peeling to mid/home whichever needs a +1 at the time. The idea here is that it takes a short time to neutralize far but it takes the enemy a much longer amount of time to recap far. This essentially leaves your team in a 5v4 in your favor on home and mid, most of the match because the enemy is always worried about recapping far point. This is generally a stronger method than trying to triple cap.

(5) Just keep an eye on home point. If someone manages to slip by, someone needs to peel back to home to engage him on-point. Try to send one of your players that counters the class of the enemy who is headed home. If two enemies slip by, send two players to home. Pretty simple really, just keep numbers even between home/mid and try to place players where they counter enemies.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

^ Pretty much what he said.

Won a 4v5 recently. We had a superstar trebber. I’m average at it so I avoid operating it and cap instead.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Treb is way overrated among lower tier players, look up in the direction of their treb after you hear the announcement and it’s an easy dodge.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Thanos for the advice everyone. Do you guys have any advice that’s useful for soloq beyond what was already said?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

In solo q, I let the enemy team use their treb as much as they want ESPECIALLY if they suck at it. But my slow teammates (a few exceptions) always destroy it and fail to see the significance of letting enemy treb if they suck.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How to Kyhlo in 2 simple steps:

1) Dont use the treb because you make your team go 4v5

2) Dont repair the treb because you make your team go 4v5

And thats pretty much it. Have fun!

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

How to Kyhlo in 2 simple steps:

1) Dont use the treb because you make your team go 4v5

2) Dont repair the treb because you make your team go 4v5

And thats pretty much it. Have fun!

Better than spawn camping?

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Teach Me how to Khylo

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Also don’t bother defending your treb, if you ever need to use it. It’s a waste of time.
I tend to wreak havoc with treb, if the rotations are secured, putting pressure on teamfights, to bait opponent. By the time he comes and destroys it, i’ve already decap or +1 a node.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock