Team Color Confusion

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Team colors can be confusing. Your team always has blue labels and your enemy always has red, but you could be the red team fighting the blue team. So you can end up needing to attack your own team color. It would work much better if you were always blue and the enemy were always red regardless of spawn position, or, if you want to keep the fixed spawn positions and colors, if both sides were always fixed colors that are neither blue nor red.

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Exactly!! Ours always blue, their always red. As it is blue has clear and simple color scheme, while for red the mini-map is a trap!

+1 to fixed color scheme for teams.

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I turn on the standard models and team colors. If i forget i can always look at my toon. Works great in both pvp and wvw.

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

I only want red/blue score and base position on map to both be either right/left. Like so that red base is left side of map and the red score up top also is left.

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

ZeftheWicked.3076

I want mine always blue, enemy always red. There have been cases i mistook scoreboard points thinking red is my team when i was blue and vice-versa. I know it’s moronic and my mistake, but in spvp player should not be forced to spent an iota of brainpower more then necessary on UI intricacies. Everything save the actual combat should be extremely simple, reliable and unchangeable, so full attention is put into the match and not wrestling with HuD.

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Also, I’ve seen a video once about how team colors can influence victory rates in team games.

It’s nothing game-breaking, but being always the blue team would be nice. The only real difficulty I see is that the in-game voice-over guy is always saying “blue team got a capture point”, and voice actors being kinda expensive, I don’t think Anet will go through the trouble of changing it

Team Color Confusion

in PvP

ZeftheWicked.3076

well it’s a matter of perception. For teams involved yours would always be blue, theirs red. For spectators it can be something different, but given we have random team names now, that could be used as well.