Team Names...

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

So i’ve noticed that i have the most trouble with teams named “Toil and Trouble.” Is there some sort of meaning to the names? Is it based on team class comp or builds? When i roll with the same 5 players i often get the same team name on multiple matches.

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I imagine there is an algorithm. Would be nice to know. Some of the names are funny.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

think its random pull from a list they created. just added to obfuscate whether u are playing w/ or against an actual premade/guild team.

as w/ all things anet pvp, pushing teams and making it harder to play solo is part of the goal.

remember win u could right-click a player name and see if they were in a party or not. then the dev strolled in here, casually axed “how’d u guys kno u were playing a premade”, peepio says “right click”. next patch? right click to check teams was gone. sly sly dev

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

think its random pull from a list they created. just added to obfuscate whether u are playing w/ or against an actual premade/guild team.

as w/ all things anet pvp, pushing teams and making it harder to play solo is part of the goal.

remember win u could right-click a player name and see if they were in a party or not. then the dev strolled in here, casually axed “how’d u guys kno u were playing a premade”, peepio says “right click”. next patch? right click to check teams was gone. sly sly dev

Yeah that was a pretty sketchy nerf they did.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

+1
Despite their overt lies, Anet is only interested in being less and less transparent as a whole. There’s a very real reason we are given NO actual information until its already patched into the game, they know what they are pushing through is garbage and would rather ask forgiveness than permission.

Team Names...

in PvP

R O C.6574

How did you guys get to this conspiracy theory

Team Names...

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

How did you guys get to this conspiracy theory

With the visible Anet history, all you have to do is look.

Team Names...

in PvP

R O C.6574

I imagine there is an algorithm. Would be nice to know. Some of the names are funny.

I don’t know if i should be offended when my team gets named the ‘Dungeonesses’ and we’re all male toons. What are you trying to say Anet? That we play like a girl dungeon runners?