Team compositions

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

LEARN TO PLAY NOOOOOOOBS!!!!
This sentence is getting boring.
If you think all classes are balanced,and to counter your enemy u just have to train in your class,explain me why in the 40/50% of cases,i find in my sPvP the scenario of the attachment(if you think my percentage is casual,pls,ask Anet if this is true or not publihing their sPvP statistics).
I have tons of screens,where the teams are mainly composed from mesmers and theif.
All yuo can do is go back to the mist and join another sPvP map,and hope to don’t find the same 2 class spam again.
Get 3 shotted in 3 seconds(3000+ thoughness and 18k hp) and most of the time “fight” invisible enemy or tons of clones,is NOT a problem IF their presence is not that hight on the same team.
Is not impossible beat em,but when u fight against a team , composed for his 50%+ by classes like thiefs and/or mesmers,this start to annoy.

I apologize for my enlgish , don’t take my words as a flame attempt,i just ask for more balance in the teams compositions.
Regards.

Attachments:

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

:sigh: honestly man, im not trying to troll you, but thats a horrible team composition, put that up against any of the top teams and they will get steam rolled.

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Such comps will never work in high skilled tpvp.. it wont hold up.
Last time i fought an match vs 5 mesmers.. surprised how easy they go down if they dont have anyone else who CCs people for them or keeps them alive :P

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I must admit it is getting way out of control

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Payneful.7934

Payneful.7934

Played a 5 thief team yesterday, won 500-100.

Played a 5 mesmer team a while back, same score.

Payne [PTC] Thief
Pancakes To Celebrate

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

I was in a 5 thief team and we lost, such teams will get stomped by teams with a clue.

2 Bunkers, 2 sustained damage dealers and 1 roamer demolishes all.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Djinn.7213

Djinn.7213

For higher competition you need diversity but i must say that right now people do know that Mesmers and Guardians are a must have, Thieves are close.

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: KieronWolf.5108

KieronWolf.5108

Thieves and mesmers don’t necessarily mean an automatic win. I had a team yesterday who beat a team of 3 thieves and a mesmer while mine composed of 2 ele (me included), a warrior and a thief. Skill is still involved but some classes just have a clear advantage. (Clone/Stealth mechanics are a bit too powerful for the human player.) Quickness in pvp is just stupid.

I do agree with the nerfing of mesmer (which is my main btw) and thief in PvP ONLY. They should really get on splitting up PvE and PvP up or it’ll have a big impact on the quality of PvE while balancing the classes.

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

normal good team compisition that constantly win and are mostly guild oriented seem to be a mesmer a guardian as tank maybe a warrior if hes lucky but more likely an engineer who is just running around while you chase after him playing bomberman or knock you back around and forth around the map and 1 elementalist either burst or boonspecced or a burst thief to steal your forest boss at the start.

it’s very hard to counter such a team kitten random pugs wich probably consist of 1 or 2 necros who are guildless a bullrush warrior a mesmer who think hes superman because he facerolled his keyboard in spvp and ranger who pewpew from afar. that is if you’re lucky.. if you’re unlucky youre facing an uphill battle with 3 or 2 vs 5 if some of the people decide not to show up.

and no not all classes are balanced some classes got a far steeper learning curve then others. Can these harder to learn classes do the same as the easier to learn classes.. yes it just takes time is all..

(edited by barti.7685)

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Peechez.4195

Peechez.4195

normal good team compisition that constantly win and are mostly guild oriented seem to be a mesmer a guardian as tank maybe a warrior if hes lucky but more likely an engineer who is just running around while you chase after him playing bomberman or knock you back around and forth around the map and 1 elementalist either burst or boonspecced or a burst thief to steal your forest boss at the start.

it’s very hard to counter such a team kitten random pugs wich probably consist of 1 or 2 necros who are guildless a bullrush warrior a mesmer who think hes superman because he facerolled his keyboard in spvp and ranger who pewpew from afar.

What teams are you going against? triple bunker and 2 roamers is the meta right now

Canada / Sneaky / Undead Meese
Mesmer / Thief / Necromancer

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Djinn.7213

Djinn.7213

I would say most teams are using 2 bunkers(normally at least one guardian) and a mix of mesmers, thieves and another random.

It seems that Bunker elementalist is on the rise too.

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I admit there are a ton of Thieves around.

But most of them are terrible…like really, really bad. You’ll still end up winning most matches against rerollers.

Team compositions

in PvP

Nirvana.8659

Thx u all for reply(it’s nice and encourage me read your succesfull experiences against fail stealth teams).

As you can see from my rank,i do sPvP from short time,and what i see may be is not enough(?).
I moslty run in WvW,looking for some 1 vs 1,avoiding the zergs.

As engeneer,it’s really easy for me beat all classes(thief and mesmer are not really a problem),i have a nice and succesfull experience with my class(due to our OP infinite control resource).
That said for the 1 vs 1 .

I ragequit when in sPvP i see 2 thief come on me = instadead,or when 1 mesmer and 1 thief point at me,or even worst 2 mesmer(the agony is a bit longer there :P).

Even with some mate near me,we are doomed,nothing we can do if our opponents can count on tricky action like several stealths and clones spam.

And…when i find teams of 3 thief+2mesmer + random,i ask my self how it is possible.
Match should allow only certain number of same classes for a sPvP,because is a spam of the same classes in some case(in 6 days of sPvP,i have TONS of screens of teams with thief or mesmer spam or both).

I find my self and some mate try to control points vs mass invisibility and clones…hitting the air while our HP go inexorably down.

Also,due to the fact i personally have no issue with 1 vs 1 , i can’t say if thief or mesmer need a nerf..i never have problem with them in 1 vs 1,so i can’t speak(indeed here i’m speaking of the combination of more members of same classes).
Anet seems a good company,so if there is some balance issue,i’m sure theey will fix it.
I just hope they can find soon a resolution for the actual problems they have with security and major bug , and have them back analize this “minor” issues that sometime ruin the game experience of someone.

Again,sorry for my english and ty for sharing your experiences with me.
Regards.

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Peechez.4195

Peechez.4195

@Nirvana

Engineers faceroll thieves except the good ones that use shortbow more than anything else. Drop big bomb and smoke bomb where you’re standing, go grab a coffee and come back to run away dropping bombs

Canada / Sneaky / Undead Meese
Mesmer / Thief / Necromancer

Team compositions

in PvP

Nirvana.8659

No way,i keep getting things like this more often.
There is some issue in the game if so many ppls play the same 2 classes,and invade sPvP with em.

Depressed…to counter this feeling i can only play my thief too.

Attachments:

Team compositions

in PvP

Nirvana.8659

ahaha hard trolling time

Attachments:

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

Doesn’t work. Have faced some 4 mesmer teams too, but don’t have screenshots. Same result.

Attachments:

Team compositions

in PvP

Posted by: Colton.9460

Colton.9460

@Zzods- Poor Alixor, i tried to warn him but he wouldnt listen lol. At least now he runs with the guild not lfm misty’s

“I’m watching you violate my game mode”