Team mmr abuse? Im confused

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Hey,

Im seeing more and more really really really bad ruby/diamond players teaming up with amber accounts.

Those are players Ive encountered before and noticed their total lack of skill. You know, the typical “run on point and die” players.

I havent had them on my non-main account on my teams, but all of a sudden I get them even there?

So, my question is… how is mmr calculated of a team… or do you just randomly get placed on their team?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Opponents are determined by division/tier. Teammates are determined by MMR. The matchmaking will put people against another team based on who ever has the highest division/tier. So a team with 4 ambers and a diamond will play against other diamond players.

There are probably people who don’t realize this and are trying to abuse it. But most likely it is just friends who started at different times and are playing together.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

And how is a team’s mmr calculated? Highest mmr, lowest mmr, intersection/average mmr?

I know how teams are chosen, I do NOT know how I can end up with them on the same team, when my mmr is miles above them.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

And how is a team’s mmr calculated? Highest mmr, lowest mmr, intersection/average mmr?

I know how teams are chosen, I do NOT know how I can end up with them on the same team, when my mmr is miles above them.

most likely your mmr isn’t a mile above theirs, or at least not a mile above 1 of their team. I’m not saying you are not a better player, but if match making works as anet stated , your mmr is close to at least 1 of their team. So either mmr is nor reflective of your skill or you have an inflated sense of how good you are. Which is true, we shall never know ..:P

in PvP

Yasi.9065

With > 80% winrate and 250+ ranked matches, my mmr is pretty decent on the account in question.

Another one has >80% winrate and only 50+ matches, so on that account I would kinda expect it, since my mmr cant be well established there yet.

But the other one? Nah, I dont get matched with totally bad players there.

And suddenly I do, when they are in a team?

I just finished my daily 3 and had one of those in question on opposite team (solo), and it was a total blowout.

So, can teaming up with one high mmr account really be that effective?

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

Basically yes, if you have a low mmr from a losing streak etc, a new amber account will have average mmr, it will be higher than yours, you will get better teammates…….

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Well, thats just great -.- smurfing in reverse. Great.

Btw, to all that are now thinking of doing exactly that… you still have to face good teams and you still are bad players, so you will still loose.

You are only ruining the mmr of the amber account…

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Basically yes, if you have a low mmr from a losing streak etc, a new amber account will have average mmr, it will be higher than yours, you will get better teammates…….

Not really true. Your MMR isn’t going to tank because of a losing streak if you have a lot of games played. Also, for example if you lost 10 games in a row and every time the other side had higher MMRs your rating wouldn’t really budge. MMRs just aren’t as volatile as people think.

in PvP

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

i encountered this yesterday. I’m in ruby and someone on the other team was grouped up with an amber. I find out today that the amber person is a streamer who has gotten to legendary multiple times with multiple accounts. I guess I can’t really blame the streamer for the bad queue times that legendaries have to deal with but it still kinda sucks when they are fighting people that aren’t at their skill level. Maybe anet will do something about it for next season.