TeamMMR, Access to ToG/ToL through Ladder

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Basically what title says:

League system (ex. bronze , silver, gold , platinum , diamond etc.) and not a single mmr for every person but an unique mmr for the entire team.

Seasons like WWW, for example 1 month (4 weeks), scheduled for example 1 month (or more) before major tournament starts. At the end of the season, we have rewards about our position (on depends in which league we are and final position) and teams in Platinum and Diamond (it depends how many teams there are) can access to the major tournaments (ToG/ToL) with for example, Diamond teams like top seeds.

In this way we have:

1. Great motivation to make a team
2. Progression, we have different league based on our mmr and great motivation to do better.
3. Exclusive Reward associated to our mmr
4. A daily motivation to play Ranked match

What do you think?

I think it would be amazing.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Absolutely great +100000000000000000000000000000000

sad thing devs will look away.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

what i wonder is, i never played pvp games with leagues before but.. right now how you get your ranks on the leaderboards is not that great. would this change? because if it doesn’t it would just encourage “foul play” for the rewards.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

what i wonder is, i never played pvp games with leagues before but.. right now how you get your ranks on the leaderboards is not that great. would this change? because if it doesn’t it would just encourage “foul play” for the rewards.

Individual mmr for team is not so great because when the algorithm matches 2 teams it basically compares mmr between 10 people and it’s very complicated.

With an unique mmr for team, you need to compare only 2 values, so basically it’s easier and the result are better matches.

Tiny population is another problem but with a different structure, better rewards, a real progression, for sure many other people play spvp, and more teams you have, better matches you have.

In addition, decay should work differently and teams should play a specific minimum number of weekly matches to avoid 10 wins situation + afk until the end of the season.

Team should be incentivated to play, not to go afk when they reach a good position

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)