TeamQ pug etiquette and good manners - ideas

in PvP

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

As someone who like to pug solo, duo or trio in teamQ I would like to know other people opinion on: what would be nice to do in 1,5 minute before match?

The two ideas ideas I have are:
- “/rank” – let other people know hom much time you invested so they can at least assume what you are capable of in the match (I know that rank can be farmed, it can be achieved on other class mostly but still – it can give other people hope that you undestand game mechanics and have basic idea about rotations, grouping, defending and not feeding enemy team free kill)
- “<close / <far / <mid” – state your expected split so other people can react to it and adjust theirs ideas and Game Opening Gambit (GOG)
- " <dps <semitank <decaper <closepointdefender " – give teammates info about your team role and what you will try to achieve through the game

Any other ideas than can be implemented in 1min 30sec, enrich our gameplay and lead to a stunning victory? What would you do? What would you like for other people to do?

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What the general strategy is (there are very few options that people typically choose from) and where you are going. If you have some unusual or specific build you could mention that. For example if you’re a guardian going mid, no need to announce you’re a bunker.

I really don’t see /rank accomplishing anything other than making your team immediately hostile to each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Sephiroth Uriel.6980

Sephiroth Uriel.6980

I think that’s a good idea. Not so sure about rank, though… as you said it can be farmed. I’m still not very experienced when it comes to playing in teamQ and soloQ, so I usually say that I’m still learning. I also say my build and role (until now it’s always MM & home defender, but want to learn how to play new roles and PvP builds).

I’m interested in something else you said, though. I’ve read this forum’s starter guides and Django updated guide, but I’m still struggling to learn how to rotate well. Also, first time I’ve read GOG. Do you, as a more experienced PvPer, know where I could learn more about those two things?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

This stuff sounds good in theory but sadly what it comes down to is whether people understand the basics of conquest and have a role for there character and want to work as a team or not. One bad apple spoils the bunch and there are lots of bad apples. I can honestly say in my experience that there is almost no difference in my w/l record whether people talk strategy beforehand and communicate a lot during the match or don’t talk much at all. When I am with other good players that know what they are doing I don’t need to say much if anything. When I am with bad players I could give all the good advice in the world and call out obvious rotations and it doesn’t matter because people don’t listen What we need more then anything is some kind of expectancy of competence. What I mean by that is people not just rolling into ranked TPVP matches not caring and just doing whatever the hell they want. People don’t do that in pve I don’t know why people think it is ok to do that in pvp.

I’m not sure how this expectancy could be created but maybe eliminating all rewards for losing in team and solo arena and bumping up the reward for winning would do it. Then you would know that being a clown would not be rewarded.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

Well, I started doing it. I was surprised how well the teams (although I play at a very low MMR) reacted to it. A simple “Going close and assisting middle when needed” was enough to get people talking. It’s like people are afraid of opening a can of worms if they say anything at all. Responding to a ping with “omw” would often get a “gj dude, go push” after the point is secure again.

What’s happening to the community O_o Although I would not recommend the /rank part. People aren’t mature enough for that, nor does it promote anything positive for the team.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

(edited by Oakwind.6187)

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I usually say my build and where I’m going, then ask for people to fill in other roles. “zerk ham going mid, who can defend home” I don’t think the rank is going to help teamwork people are going to argue too much before the match begins. The best would be if everyone says their build and comes early so we can optimize team comp and analyze the enemy comp.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)