Tempest vs 2 necros on a point

in PvP

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

Can a good tempest hold a point against two necros? I can’t shake the amount of condi dmg with 2 shouts and a cleansing wave. Is it because of my low skills or are you supposed to be worn out and go down eventually by the game mechanics?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

No. Even against one good necro, you will need to be super careful.

You need to either leave the point and call for help or rotate to somewhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

If everyone is on an equal skill level, then no. Even a good tempest couldnt deal with two necros after awhile, they can easily corrupt all your boons and fling condis around like crazy. One necro is easy, but two is gonna be hard. What weapon set do you run?? Do you use powerful auras or cleansing waters??

in PvP

void.6217

I’m running this
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Aura_Share

They put a lot of AoE on the point while they don’t have to stay on the point, so it’s like free dmg.

They can easily stay outside of overloads and I can’t leave the point, so overloads are not very effective unless I miss some tactics here?

(edited by void.6217)

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

With powerful auras instead of cleansing water you won’t even really be able to hold 1v1 against a condi necro. With that being said, if they are off point like you say they are, then you don’t need to be on point and can give chase, even then if you need to bail off point to line of sight to survive that is fine, dying is much worse then getting decapped.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Nekhbet.7681

Nekhbet.7681

vs 2 condy necro you die in ~40 second they will corupt your boon and send back all condy what you put on them as auramancer you have a low dmg and is a matter of seconds until you die

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

not a chance in hell

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

in PvP

void.6217

So you either need Cleansing water to help you hold against condi necros or you run aurashare but then don’t really hold against them solo?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

One Reaper is hard enough with all the CCs going around. All they need is one well timed CC (when you just switched attunements is usually the best time because your only real stunbreak is on CD) and your done without support. 1v1, reaper is difficult if they know how to wait till all your cleanses are on CD before they burst, but against two, they can just faceroll their way to “victory”.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

So you either need Cleansing water to help you hold against condi necros or you run aurashare but then don’t really hold against them solo?

Pretty much.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

One Reaper is hard enough with all the CCs going around. All they need is one well timed CC (when you just switched attunements is usually the best time because your only real stunbreak is on CD) and your done without support. 1v1, reaper is difficult if they know how to wait till all your cleanses are on CD before they burst, but against two, they can just faceroll their way to “victory”.

To be fair, if you’re trying to 1v2 anyone at equal skill levels, it shouldn’t be hard for them to kill you.

I keep seeing people saying things like “Reaper is OP, I got two of them beating on me and I died.” Duh? You were in a 1v2. You should die if you don’t massively outplay them.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver