Temple of the Silent Storm [Merged threads]

in PvP

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

I like it :-)

Layout wasn’t particularly hard to learn…had the map pretty well down I think by the end of my first game there. The buffs are definitely interesting…I feel like I have to pay just a little bit more attention in this one compared to the other battlegrounds, particularly Raid on the Capricorn. And of course always delightful when you snag the buff near the enemy side as well as your own because they’re twiddling thumbs.

Looks good…I say keep it.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

love it. my fav map right now.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

I love it. But isn’t it a little too big for 5v5 ?

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I love it. But isn’t it a little too big for 5v5 ?

I was thinking that at first, but it ends up being about the same as Foefire, it just has more… depth? I think is the right word, with the different vertical tiers. But it is an awesome map for an Engineer to knock people off of bridges and such.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

I really like this map. Maybe not something for professional/super serious play, but it is pretty dang fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

I like how close the points are to each other. It enforces group mentality. Knowing where all the buffs are helps against pugs right now

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

The map is awesome

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: Generic Havoc.8934

Generic Havoc.8934

Hello first time poster hear i just dropped by to mention the new pvp map temple of the silent strorm which im my opinnion has to be one of the best pvp maps i have played certainly the best map in guild wars 2s pvp. The layout and the multi tiered desgin make for some crazy and amazing combat and some great epic fights that with the fact u can utilse diffrent and more tactics make for a great rich experince. I espiclly love how it seems to be desgined more akin to the 8vs8 size than the other three which seem to be more to 5v5 (which makes its some much more enjoyble in in 8vs8 hotjoin). And it runs very smooth from my experience so far (consered with all the snow and all i was worried).
All in all a great map and big high five to anet maps peeps have a keg of ale on me more of this to come i really look forward to it .

soz for wall of text.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

I absolutely love it. It’s a breath of fresh air. Hope it makes it into tpvp rotation. Capricornis a lot of fun now too. Don’t mind going in the water any longer

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Played it this morning and I was also pleasantly surprised by how smooth it is, and how fun it is. Also love the new 5v5 hot join!

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Love this map, the vertical style adds to that always watch your back play style, as enemies can be anywhere.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to confirm that I have merged two threads that were discussing the map at the same time. Feel free to keep on adding your feedback about it!

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I only played one round in the new map, but it was very very cool! Good job with it and I look forward to playing in it more!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Drafell Moraxi.7543

Drafell Moraxi.7543

I spent a good few hours playing this map on rotation last night. I love the new dynamic it adds to gameplay and the vertical tiers invite the use of a whole array of different tactics.

Be prepared to hotswap weapons on map load to take advatage of knockback abilities. They reign supreme here if used well.

in PvP

Posted by: Fubar.4281

Fubar.4281

The map is fine, its just some small details that needs to be fixed:

Add more detailed announcements instead of “A buff has reapered for the taking”
Atleast for the tranquility buff as its such a big game changer.

Groundprojectiles like Tremble, Hammer Shock, Deathly swarm, Zealots embrace ETC doesent work in vertical areas such in stairs or ANY part of the map where the ground isent flat. NOTE that some skills work downhill but not upphill and visa versa.

LEAPS: like Earthquake, Leap Of Faith, Eviscerate etc doesent work properly in veritcal areas when leaping downhill.

Sidenote: Earthquake / Warrior hammer burst abbility doesent work propperly with Quickness since it makes you only leap 50% of what you intend, This is because you do your abbility 50% faster wich in the end makes you finnish your abbility in midair hitting nothing but air, and since it doesent have a vertical aoe on the skill you miss the target(s) especialy if they are on lower ground verticaly

Truely a fubar moment.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I love the map. My only issue with it is the nonspecific “Buff has appeared!” thing. I also get blinded a bit by all the white.

The actual layout and mechanics in my opinion are fantastic though. My favorite moment was when our team was down 150 points, and we managed to get the double points from captured points and get the three cap meditation, and won. I like secondaries that play such a huge roll in the game like that.

Forests you might as well ignore the bosses for the majority of the game, Foefire the lord is literally just a last ditch effort to win, since it’s so easy to defend.

The changes to capricorn are nice, but unlike Temple it should never go into tPvP without a massive redesign.

In my opinion, really only Khylo has this beat. Subject to change once I play it more and/if it ever goes into tPvP of course.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Thank you sooooo much for all the great ideas/feedback/suggestions!!!

We’ll be watching this thread over the weekend to see how everyone feels about the map!!!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Thank you sooooo much for all the great ideas/feedback/suggestions!!!

We’ll be watching this thread over the weekend to see how everyone feels about the map!!!

THIS! This is some kind of answer I’d love to see in other subforums. To at least know that you’ve recognized feedback/suggestions/ideas.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I wanted to know can I quickness commune with the nodes?
Map is kinda cool. I see that in 5v5 tourney meta though that this could potentially be the most balanced map without the real boss buffs. Kill buffs are awesome but as it doesn’t change and of your immediate stats or give bonus to points until you kill a character, it may not become that well contested.

The double point buff though is critical and could make holding one point useful.

I wanted to know if you stun a communing person does it interrupt their channel? We don’t have channels in pvp other places except maybe the treb.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Interpret, you can use quickness on the meditations. I just tried it. I don’t like it, especially on something like the 10 second one.

If you damage people channeling, it interrupts them. You don’t need to CC them. We’ll have to see if invulnerabilities or evasion skill work with these as well. I hope they don’t.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Haven’t played enough of the map yet, but I’m loving it. I like how the cap points are close to each other, how the time is spent so much on capping as it is on getting bonus effects, and the verticality of the whole thing. It feels, in my opinion, the most complex map so far, in a good way.

It’s no longer only about capping a point and going for one of the remaining two points, one or two exceptions aside. The verticality works extremely well with the conquest mode, the added emphasis on secondary mechanics promote movement more so than any other secondary mechanic, and decision making AND diversity to the conquest mode, and the big anti-bunker effect is just delicious.

I’m no pvp pro, I don’t understand clearly what makes a map well designed or not, but I certainly feel it’s well designed for this one. It’s just so much fun, that if I had to choice, I would like to rotate between this one and any other future maps that could be like this one.

Future map suggestions: what about a pvp map with some small jumping puzzle elements?

in PvP

Posted by: Infectious.4836

Infectious.4836

Fix vertical combat, then we’ll talk.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I can’t see my party member’s map dots on the white snow areas. They are too bright.

Should should consider adding a black border to the dots or something like that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

PROS:

-Amazingly refreshing feel to it. Crisp sharpness that is lacking in other maps. It’s the white textures. It’s the lack of fog (unlike in forest of niff). Character models stand out from the ground texture. This makes it easy for esports audience to watch! Future maps should avoid complex, detailed ground textures that camoflauge characters

-Very good color scheme. Warm orange lights, blue shadows, very nice. The other maps are too brown/green/gray = ugly.

-Water is used very well here. You can do water combat, but it is not a hold point so you are not forced to. Water combat sucks for SPVP anyway.

-Very smooth performance on my older computer, unlike other maps (esp. khylo)

CONS:

-At the bottom level, to get out of the water, you must jump on a little box, and then jump again onto the bridge. Better to just have a beach/ramp to smoothly walk out of the water. PLEASE do not add jumping puzzles to SPVP.

-When introducing a new map, have it occur more frequently in the rotation, so we can play it more and give faster feedback.

-Don’t have high points that range can sit on and fire away at melee players who can’t do anything. Almost feels like an exploit.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in PvP

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Best map in the game. Please make the other maps better, I do not want to play the other maps now.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The artwork and “vertical” concept is terrific. I also have a soft spot for mountain dojos. I haven’t played enough matches to know if the buff system feels well balanced, but overall it seems really good so far.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

The buff that converts all capture points to your own team is too easy to obtain. The channeling time is longer than other channels, true, but it needs to actually be longer than that to balance out its effect.

Increase difficulty on obtaining the capture point-transferring buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Havnet played this map too much yet, but it is great fun for me in 5v5 hotjoin. I can play the point caps easy enough, still figuring out the buffs part, and havent tried underwater yet. But its great fun. more please!!

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

My favourite map as well =) Good job Anet =)

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

I feel like this map was designed around 8v8 or possibly 10v10 play. vertical distance might be relatively short (to something like a shortbow thief) but for classes who can’t blink up to higher tiers, its huge. and the set lanes to enter each of the cap points feel a bit cramped compared to the other maps – probably because the corridors feel long. But yeah, this map is enormous. I can’t see how it could possibly be played 5v5 unless it went through some kind of serious redesign or it just straight up shrinks.

don’t get me wrong though, i love this map despite its size. Especially how it just turns into a straight up death match half of the time in hotjoin. super fun to brawl like that.

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

The question: Why still “capture the point” objective? It’s such an unrealistic objective. Imagine a movie where winning in the battlefield meant people walking to some capture point, standing on it, and then somehow magically gaining points for victory (why would anyone want to watch this on Twitch TV?). This objective doesn’t make sense. Why not have something more meaningful like in GW1 where we kill the enemy guild lord or in Leagues of Legend – destroy the enemies base.

Looking at Leagues of Legend, LoL did implement a “capture the point” game style but it is much less popular and not even worthy of E Sports material when compared to the the “destroy the enemy base” objective. Why? Because destroying the enemies base makes sense. And in GW1, destroying the enemies guild lord makes sense. That’s probably one reason why it worked.

I believe GW2 can implement more meaningful objectives (without taking out the point capture system) by adding to the game another objective. I’m talking about a “two-way objective” game mode. There will be a primary objective which is the win factor and a sub-objective that helps support completion of the primary objective.

An example of a primary objective would be:
-One must get most kills (death match)
-Destroy/take over the enemy base (LoL uses this)
-Killing the enemy guild lord/commander, etc…. (GW1 GvG had this)

Then to build up necessary conditions to do the primary objective, there will be a secondary objective which is the current point capture system. However, each point capture grants something to aid in fulfilling the primary objective. Something such as +buff/hp regeneration, gaining arsenals/equipments/tools, gaining NPC aid, etc…. The key thing is that these sub-objective should provide almost an overwhelming advantage to winning the game which is why players will first want to fulfill these sub-objectives before tackling the main one. Then there can be sub-sub objectives such as doing short quests (similar to chieftain/svanir or world events similar in pve) that help in some way to capture the sub-objectives which in turn helps complete the primary objective.

Now isn’t that fractal? It’s sure how nature works! It is natural. In a movie, it is more realistic to think that the characters fight to “secure a point” not because it’ll magically generate points to victory, but it has some sort of territorial advantage or there was something there they had to pick up which is imperative to fulfilling their primary objective. Then there may be sub-sub objectives in the movie such as recruiting other characters (NPCs) that complete the sub-objective.

While this would make sPvP more interesting and more realistic, this double objective or even triple objective means that the games will last long. Perhaps 30 minutes or more and this is contradictory to the current tournament system. But I believe this is the KEY to having a strong E Sport aspect in the game.

Let’s look at the two examples where E Sport is/was a success again:

GW1 GvG lasted 20-40 minutes usually.
Leagues of Legends lasts 20-45 minutes usually.

Rather than having 3 short fights to win the tournament, it should be a single fight that lasts 20-45ish. It should be a fight that takes a lot of commitment and skills! This is what hardcore players want and its what makes E Sport an E sport.

I’m not saying to take out the entire tournament system. In fact, the current system is good for casual players. GW1 saw a problem where many casual or new players couldn’t participate in the more gorgeous Heroes Ascent or GvG game mode because they didn’t have the commitment or skills or the guild to compete in such a hardcore battlefield. These casual players or new players were then forced to just do Random Arena. But Random Arena was a bit “too uncompetitive.” It’s like the GW1 version for our current PvP where we can select a server and duke it out with pugs in a short simple game. It suits people who just want to do PvP for quick fresh air. Tournament is then a more competitive version of this that caters towards the more casual to more experienced players but not necessarily having the competitive component for the hardcore players. Well, GW2 is supposed to be a game for everyone right? Why leave the hardcore players out? Adding these tried and proven elements to the current PvP and changing it into a more challenging form of sPvP would certainly be appropriate for hardcore players. It certainly is a more “fractal” approach; and most certainly very E Sport material.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

my feedback about temple?

add guild lord
add thief of the guild
add flag
add monk
make it 8v8

gogogo gvg!!!
it remind me something like jade hall…

btw nice map, the underground part is amazing.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

I like the map, but I generally agree with several other posters that vertical combat needs to be fixed.

Skills like earthshaker, burning speed, leap of faith, and various others seem to have no sense of a z-axis hitbox and will completely whiff when used on targets at a slightly different elevation from your own – which tbh can suck pretty hard on this map.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

I think if you guys are gonna focus on conquest mode, then you def need to keep pushing out great maps both visually and gameplay. I think maybe we can take conquest to a new creative level with future maps.

Argh the older maps are really visually bland IMO because of their rather bleak, depressing color schemes especially seen in Forest and Legend. I think the artists could go back in and repaint certain areas to give them more of a happy visual “pop.”

Temple of the Storm feels much “happier” than the other maps.

Many popular MOBA maps have a “happy” feel to them, which I think adds alot to enjoyability for both player and viewer. After all, we play games to feel good.

TLDR: No more depressing color schemes!

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I personally don’t like those buffs appearing around the map forcing people to rush to the same spot asap to get them…but it’s a good map overall, very nice looking too

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

“Communing” with buffs should grant Glory if completed. All the other secondary mechanics grant Glory.

I like the visual feel of the map and the color scheme. Still haven’t gotten completely comfortable with the layout, but it’s pretty fun and enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

I was disappointed that I couldn’t jump off the starting platform. :P

As for the map, I only played it twice (right as it was ending) so I can’t really comment on it. The layout is cool with all the floors (reminds me of Quake maps)..

(edited by Chi Malady.2015)

in PvP

Posted by: Myrrdhinn.5627

Myrrdhinn.5627

I love this map ^^ It has good mechanics, you have many many ways to use tactics. Best map so far

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

We’ll have to see if invulnerabilities or evasion skill work with these as well. I hope they don’t.

It works, at least with ele mist form.
This might be a bit broken. Basically the first team to get to the node will take it if they have some kind of invul…

Does communion break stealth ?

Can 2 people from different team commune at the same time on the same node ?

(edited by xehn.3420)

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Definitly reminds me of a shooter map like from quake etc. Easily the best map done so far as it has several levels to it which gives more depth to strategy and combat tactics…but at the same time its rather compact on the objectives forcing more team fights and action…AND theres more objectives constantly appearing via buffs which means more fighting more running around more action.

It honestly blows the old maps away to the point i dont even want to play them now though….

Dont get me wrong i still like kyhlo…despite its ugly color scheme. But this one is just too kitten good and plays really well with 8on8.

Only downside is i feel the buffs add a random effect that could keep this map from being competitive…due to the fact “like all rng..even the ones you left in the game O.O” makes players feel “oh well they only won because they got lucky and the buff always spawned on their side when they needed it”. I dont know how to fix that…or if its actually even random. But other than that…every other map is a 3 out of 10 to a 7 out of 10 tops…..this one is a 12 out of 10.

EDIT: btw…can we get servers that only play one map on rotation. Not only would this allow someone who really just wants to play a certain map at a given time or practice on a certain map….it would also shed light on which maps are working and which ones are unpopular so you can …ya know fix the less appealing ones. Just a thought.

(edited by Zinwrath.2049)

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

I think if you guys are gonna focus on conquest mode, then you def need to keep pushing out great maps both visually and gameplay. I think maybe we can take conquest to a new creative level with future maps.

Argh the older maps are really visually bland IMO because of their rather bleak, depressing color schemes especially seen in Forest and Legend. I think the artists could go back in and repaint certain areas to give them more of a happy visual “pop.”

Temple of the Storm feels much “happier” than the other maps.

Many popular MOBA maps have a “happy” feel to them, which I think adds alot to enjoyability for both player and viewer. After all, we play games to feel good.

TLDR: No more depressing color schemes!

I don’t think depressing is the problem. Resident Evil was pretty depressing but highly popular. It’s just bland as you said. Then this might go into the psychology question of the difference of how we perceive bland and depressing and interesting.

But I don’t think we all play to feel ‘happy.’ I think a better term is excitement. Sometimes, we like to watch scary movies or go on roller coasters to scare ourselves which excites us. And maybe not just for excitement, but for a more romantic aspect. Night, which is a bit more gloomy, certainly is more romantic, right?

But its not to say that there isn’t also a correlation between depressing scenes and uninteresting scenes which has been present throughout Guild Wars cough Faction campaign. They were never able to quite get depressing, romance, and excitement quite right

I think one key aspect of getting the “right type of depressing scenes” would be a need of color contrast. World of Warcraft’s undead city used very dark colors but it still had lots of contrast and was colorful overall, full of life and a favorite city among many players.

I think some of the best examples of depressing design with contrasting color schemes is Final Fantasy. You could be in a depressing cave and it would still seem as lively as a metropolis because of the beautiful color contrast. Maybe the finest example would be Zanarkand ruins. It’s a ruin. It’s depressing. But the colors makes it romantic-looking.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Thanks all! We’re still watching this thread and taking your feedback into account. Darrin Claypool, the map artist, checks it daily. So just wanted you to know that he’s in here, watching, even if he doesn’t post!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

gwawer.9805

Absolutely. Exciting colors schemes are a must. Exciting locations as well.

Also the indoor temple cap point was done well. The camera didn’t have problems on the bottom floor. However, the second floor scaffolding should be removed because range can camp up there, and if a melee gets up to fight them, the camera becomes very uncomfortable.

Don’t add little things that may obstruct players or have you easily get stuck. By this I mean unecessary on the floor that you need to jump over or turn to circumvent. It’s just annoying.

For example, the starting cage of Legacy, some times you run a bit to the side of the teleport door, but get caught by the two side panels. Then you need to back up, turn, and run toward the door again.

I love how in Temple of Storm, characters start out facing the teleporter and there are no obstructions in the way. You can just hit auto-run and you will port down to the map.

Another thing is Temple appears very crisp visually. The snow effect was done just right without obscructing vision. There was no fog either, unlike in Forest. The thing with fog: it makes things look blurry (especially with post-processing turned on), which then makes PVP Stream videos harder to watch.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in PvP

Posted by: CLundkvist.7814

CLundkvist.7814

this map seems to be glitchy i see no rating on my guild for winning or loosing. pls fix

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

I have not tested the map out that much, but from my few games a few issues stick out.
I think most might already have been mentioned, but gonna put my voice to the crowd

1: The vertical element of the map is good, it kind of forces you to pick your battles, plan your route and possibly report where the enemies goes a lot more (last point being more for custom servers/tournament play, if we get there). But it also makes the map a lot more advantageous for ranged classes. It just kind of feels like I am a target out on a shooting range..

2: The buffs are a cool and nice new element to the game mode conquest, but with those three different buffs, on different locations and with really different purposes/effects, you really need to know what buff has spawned. Just saying that a buff has spawned without giving additional information means that you either a) might be close and can just grab it, lucky you! or b) have to run around half the map looking for what buff it was, most likely missing it, unlucky you!.

3: I don’t agree with the underwater combat. Not much to say here, I just doesn’t agree with it. It should not ever be introduced to any kind of competitive gaming if you ask me, and thus rendering this map useless for tournaments/ranked matches etc.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Underwater makes sense for when you fall down, but I agree with whoever said that it should be easy and fast to get out of water.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

you can quickly exit the water on the buff side, there is a small beach. on the stairs end, you must use the box—which is quick, but you might need to practice it a few times.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

Yeah the point is though I don’t want to practice getting out using the box because I feel it isn’t a worthy element and might as well just be changed into a beach. You can say that to anything that is annoying in the game and say “just practice or learn to play.” Just Like raid of capricorn sharks are annoying (much better now).

Nothing against you or anything, I’m just explaining.

MORE FEEDBACK:
There are areas with heavy snow/ice and these areas have crevices in the group that you get stuck in and must jump to continue moving. I’d rather not have to do this and just be able to run smoothly.

I also took some screens of these guys that got on top of some areas of the map you shouldn’t be able to reach. I sent to exploits@anet hope u get them.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Props to whoever designed this map, it’s compelling, entertaining to play and watch, offers great strategy possibilities and with the emphasis on the verticality, knockbacks, range attacks and several AoE denial and movement skills take a second meaning.

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I enjoy the map, but the “vertical” part of it seems more like a practical solution to replacing the walls/twists and turns a smaller map would use rather than an innovative change. There is really only two things I would change:

1. Glory needs to be given for grabbing buffs. There are still players out there that don’t even know where they are, let alone why they are important, and there needs to be some incentive to learn.

2. With the addition of buffs it’s possible to hit 500 a lot quicker. It’d be nice if the point cap was raised a bit.