Temple of the Silent Storm (November Patch Map)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellajid.9504

Ellajid.9504

So just read the preview into the next patch and the new map sounds interesting. Apparently it will feature a lot of climbing and jumping, which I guess is interesting. On the other hand it’s still another capture map, so I’m not sure how much variety it will introduce. There’s a boss that gives the team that kills it control over all the points in the map. Wonder how that will work.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/6882/Guild-Wars-2-A-Peek-into-the-November-Update.html

Edit: Added link.

Mesmer X – Seafarer’s Rest Pub-Stomper

(edited by Ellajid.9504)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

That boss can lead to some very interesting playing, because it gives us a second way to cap points, but I wonder how frequent will he spawn, if ever at all after the first time. I’m hoping he’s more like Svanir than Lord, and capping points this way is a meaningful strategy through the match and not a one-time only event.

Especially because I would like to look at the bunkers’ reactions when, in their attempt to stall the game to defend a point against one or two players, they suddenly lose the point to the other team and do not have a meaningful build to get it back.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

I’m guessing there will be extra whining about thieves once this is out (not saying it’s not deserved). I think thieves will try to ninja the neutral boss, and I’m expecting they will be very successful at it. Also I’m given to understand that there will be a lot of platforms, so I think thieves will be able to get around quickly quite easily.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Based on the pic , it seems like a maze :P
Less ppl going in the same directions , less whinning on the forums :P

U have to <<maditate for 10 sec>> on the big bell to nutrilize all points ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Not to be a downer, but it’s still just another Conquest map with a single secondary objective to have people camp.

Still not very deep.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

wow… another easy “boss” getting bursted down in 2 seconds?

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Posted by: Ammandril.9150

Ammandril.9150

According to the rest topic on the forums:

Get out with this pitiful conquest mode, give us pure PvP itself, please. That’s still the same conquest, just another seconadry objective… still bunkers and thieves. Let’s have more fun.
I and the majority of PvP players for sure are frustrated that this time was spent on another conquest map than just giving us an arena / deathmatch that we’d be very happy to play.

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

To be fair I’m thankful that they added a new map. It shows that they’re actually hard at work trying to develop the game further. I’m pretty sure it will be fun for a while as it’s new and all, but I have to agree that a new game mode is desperately needed to spice things up in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It sounds awful honestly. Regardless of the map just being a rehash of the current maps with some pretty new graphics, it is going to be a total mess with class mobility imbalances. Right now, only a few classes have skills that can let them change elevation. Of those, only the thief has one that is spammable with no cooldown. And then of course there’s mesmer portal. Somehow Anet thought it would be a good idea to make their new spvp map one that is custom tailored to the abilities of two of the most problematic classes in the game.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

It sounds awful honestly. Regardless of the map just being a rehash of the current maps with some pretty new graphics, it is going to be a total mess with class mobility imbalances. Right now, only a few classes have skills that can let them change elevation. Of those, only the thief has one that is spammable with no cooldown. And then of course there’s mesmer portal. Somehow Anet thought it would be a good idea to make their new spvp map one that is custom tailored to the abilities of two of the most problematic classes in the game.

Blah blah blah, I hate everything new thrown into the game and I’ll QQ no matter what changes or doesn’t change.

Don’t forget there are 5 pages of class changes coming in this patch as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

Blah blah blah, I hate everything new thrown into the game and I’ll QQ no matter what changes or doesn’t change.

and i bet 4½ pages are pve changes

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Gee, what a compelling post.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

This is just another smoke screen, they adding a new pvp map so pvp players calm down a bit and stop qqing. Its like throwing a bone to a dog, so he leaves you alone for a bit. They’re still not adressing any important issue or adding anything important, so it doesnt matter if they had a new map.

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

This is just another smoke screen, they adding a new pvp map so pvp players calm down a bit and stop qqing. Its like throwing a bone to a dog, so he leaves you alone for a bit. They’re still not adressing any important issue or adding anything important, so it doesnt matter if they had a new map.

Chill. All we know is that they have a new map. We have yet to discover whether or not they’ve made any other meaningful changes. Relax until patch comes out.

in PvP

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Gee, what a compelling post.

This is what happens when all I see is negativity.

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

I’m just grateful that SOMETHING new is being added to PvP. Would I have liked to see Arenas and other modes? Yes. But I am glad that they’re adding a new map. It shows me that there is actually still a PvP team at ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

A map based on verticality: time to start using those “X happens when you take fall damage” traits.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Argo.7541

Argo.7541

Here some cool pics. Enjoy it :)

Attachments:

(PLS excuse my bad english by sending corrections via PM :D)

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

Ah pictures look cool. I actually have hopes for this map. Will probably be the best of the ones available atm.

in PvP

Posted by: DalzK.9086

DalzK.9086

Just out of curiosity where is everyone getting the info that there will be a neutral boss on that map?

The article never mentions it. Are there other sources of info about this map?

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

Just out of curiosity where is everyone getting the info that there will be a neutral boss on that map?

The article never mentions it. Are there other sources of info about this map?

Yes there is. I actually didn’t know that it wasn’t mentioned in this article. Here is a link to the second article.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/12/guild-wars-2s-lost-shores-content-primer/

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

There is not a boss. It is another location you must commune with.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

question is : will it stay in the rotation past the patch ? will there be servers that run only that map for the weekend ?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

It will be on the rotation of every hot-join server past the weekend.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

in PvP

Ellajid.9504

There is not a boss. It is another location you must commune with.

Ah so did they actually report it wrong, or did ANet change it in development?

From Massive’s Article:
" find buffs to meditate on and a powerfull boss; killing that boss will result in the killing team gaining ownership of all the capture points in the map."

(edited by Ellajid.9504)