Thank you ANET

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Affix.1892

Affix.1892

First post ever on the forums cause I usually don’t care, just wanted to seriously thank anet for this season. Never bothered climbing above diamond because it just felt like a grind before in the seasons past. This season made me want to push myself to be a better player despite being stuck in t1 gold and high silver for about 100 games, it made me learn to play more classes, kite better so you dont die when you get 1v2’d, and make faster rotations winning me many more close ones. Feel like I actually earned my 1800 rating just soloing. Hopefully we get more improvements to matchmaking as I am really looking forward to season 6 and upping my game some more, as I have never played this well before.

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wow. an actual post about actual thanks for actual matchmaking.

color me baffled, amazed, impressed, bit queasy, and proud.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: HumanComplex.1648

HumanComplex.1648

I agree. I really enjoyed this seasons changes (2 player max, reward separation). I was and am in the same boat (low gold, but haven’t really put the time in to improve much). This is the first season where I feel like there’s at least some incentive to keep climbing, i.e. at least I get something for the time I put in. Also the first time where I realized just how bad I am, looking at matches in terms of what I did wrong and not what the team did wrong.

Hit me up in game if you need to need a punching bag and want to do some 1v1

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Affix.1892

Ill def add you in game sir, the 2 players max idea was a god send, and yeah I feel like all I’ve seen is negativity on the board so I thought I’d post about my positive experience, since this has been the best season by far. Just gotta put the time in and look at what you could have done better in each game, since you and your teammates are always gonna make mistakes. Also trying to force a 1v2 where they dont kill you got me out of lower gold at least.

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I have enjoyed this season for the most part as well. I started in silver and finish in platin. The environment is as toxic as it was for all seasons. Rewards got much better if you also do PVE. Class balancing has been improved. Solo/duo queue is also an improvement. Though placement matches should be solo only. I would like to see something that prevents class stacking. And there should be some incentive to keep playing instead of preserving your rank with a minimum of matches played.

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Matchmaking has been an improvement; I personally prefer duo-Q over the full on premade curb stomping blowout matches that happened prior.

All solo-Q except for 1-2 games. Highest I got to was low platinum (which is surprising since 300+ aussie ping is awful in pvp/wvw) … now I’m forever stuck in T3 gold. I’ll get 3-4 wins away from platinum again but RNGesus will ALWAYS pit me up against impossible odds and it’s hard to control what/where your team mates go. Lose streak happens, rinse, repeat haha.

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: ozzeh.7398

ozzeh.7398

Matchmaking has been an improvement; I personally prefer duo-Q over the full on premade curb stomping blowout matches that happened prior.

All solo-Q except for 1-2 games. Highest I got to was low platinum (which is surprising since 300+ aussie ping is awful in pvp/wvw) … now I’m forever stuck in T3 gold. I’ll get 3-4 wins away from platinum again but RNGesus will ALWAYS pit me up against impossible odds and it’s hard to control what/where your team mates go. Lose streak happens, rinse, repeat haha.

same here minus the reaching platinum part. I’m always stuck around 2-3 games away from platinum, or down to 1560 tanking a lose streak. it doesn’t seem to matter how you perform, how many people you can fight in 1vx, how much ‘top stats’ you earn, etc.

how can they honestly call it ‘skill rating’ if the rating goes down from losses? if other players, aka your team mates, can impact your score through loss, it is not a true ‘skill’ rating. personal skill simply cannot by measured by the actions of your team mates…

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

same here minus the reaching platinum part. I’m always stuck around 2-3 games away from platinum, or down to 1560 tanking a lose streak. it doesn’t seem to matter how you perform, how many people you can fight in 1vx, how much ‘top stats’ you earn, etc.

how can they honestly call it ‘skill rating’ if the rating goes down from losses? if other players, aka your team mates, can impact your score through loss, it is not a true ‘skill’ rating. personal skill simply cannot by measured by the actions of your team mates…

conversely, how can it be a ‘skill rating’ if your rating goes up from wins? if other players, aka your team mates, can impact your score through wins, it is not a true ‘skill’ rating. personal skill simply cannot by measured by the actions of your team mates.

=====

i can’t fathom how people can blame all their losses on teamates, yet take credit for all the wins. as if matchmaking is only bad when you lose. honestly, it just speaks of a monstrous ego.

like, seriously. how can you say that it’s unfair your rating suffers when you lose because it’s a team game. yet, not realise the same argument applies to your wins also.

people expecting MMR for a 5v5 game to function like MMR for a 1v1 game need to sit down & have a good think, because it’s just foolish to expect this.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Thank you ANET

in PvP

Affix.1892

You can say that about any team game based on mmr. All you have to do is win all the favored games they give you to win, and then win 1 unfavored game and you will rise. 6/10 games is a 60 percent win rate you can get up to plat easy with that. You just have to be consistently good which was my problem, and still is sometimes, otherwise you may be throwing games you were favored to win. I disagree with you in that If you are constantly getting +1 and not dying your team wont throw the match if they are 4v3 most of the time..