Thank you from Digital Professional Sports!

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

DPS would like to thank everyone who participated in both the EU and NA Tournament of Legends and would like to offer our congratulations to Apex and TCG for their big wins!

For those of you who do not know us, we originally started as a company known as Mid-Atlantic Kombat which hosted dozens of events up and down the east coast. We’ve grown now into hosting tournaments for other games, changing our name to Digital Professional Sports.

We have been playing Guild Wars 2 as a group since beta and have been playing pvp together as the Bear Cavalry of Legend consistently since release. We participated in last year’s Mistleague and had a blast despite our appalling record. We play every Thursday night from 7-10pm EST, unless real life takes us elsewhere.

When we saw that Blu needed some help running the Tournament of Legends, I messaged him immediately and offered our unconditional assistance. We had actually entered the Tournament of Legends with goals of making it to the sweet 16 but decided to pull out with the hope that our assistance would allow all other teams to play.

This has been an incredibly rewarding experience and although we’re not sure where to go from here, we promise you have not seen the last of DPS! Thanks to Blu and Mistpedia for taking us on, Grouch for the Pizza, ArenaNet for the support, and THANK YOU to the communities of EU and NA for all of the sportsmanship and cooperation we received! The rounds of 64, 32 and 16 could not have gone so fast without you!

-Justin, DPS

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Thanks guys! You were absolutely vital to everything going smoothly, and everyone involved here at ArenaNet is extremely grateful for your work.

PS, the Pizza was from all of us.

in PvP

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Thanks for hosting the tournament guys. We definitely enjoyed it!

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Excellent job stepping up and helping to run the tourney!! I hope this helped you get some more exposure, too!

Regardless of the gripes people may have about nit-picky things, everyone should be very appreciative of the excellent work you guys did! +10 points for Gryffindor!

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Thanks for helping run the ToL. I will say I’ve participated in almost every tournament in this game on the NA side and out of all of them this one was the most organized and fluid one I’ve been in. Well done.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Thanks for helping run the ToL. I will say I’ve participated in almost every tournament in this game on the NA side and out of all of them this one was the most organized and fluid one I’ve been in. Well done.

Agreed

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: NordicNinja.5476

NordicNinja.5476

Thank you everyone for making this amazing! We greatly appreciated each and every kind word we received throughout the day. I think I speak for all of us when I say that.

pic.twitter.com/Y7HR2smmXT

It has been a blast the past two weekends and we cannot wait to help make GW2 tournaments the standard to live by!

- Steve (aka Biggs), DPS

DPS Event Coordinator & Tools Developer
- Bear Cav

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

These guys were amazing, very helpful in the tournament and very polite to all players. ESL tournaments would be so much better if we had these guys as ESL admin.

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

DPS is the DPBest

(that’s all I could come up with but thank you for helping make this tournament awesome.)

in PvP

Posted by: Blind Cougar.7625

Blind Cougar.7625

Just hearing the communities praise is enough to make it worthwhile. That and having Grouch like us too.

Hopefully we get to do this again sometime soon!

DPS Event Coordinator
“Wait, what?”

in PvP

Posted by: Zeth.9410

Zeth.9410

DPS is the DPBest

(that’s all I could come up with but thank you for helping make this tournament awesome.)

Sounds awesome enough to me!

It was an absolute blast being a part of this event and making things happen. We’re glad that everyone genuinely seemed to enjoy themselves and can’t wait to do more and really get the community amped up, hyped, and thirsting for more!

Reveria Rivers – TO/Event Coordinator
Digital Professional Sports [DPS]

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I want to say thank to you guys and Anet as well. I agree that this was the most organized tournament I have seen put on by GW2, and hope it continues in this manner. Hopefully you guys will continue to host tournaments. Thanks again!

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I want pizzaaa

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Thanks guys! You were absolutely vital to everything going smoothly, and everyone involved here at ArenaNet is extremely grateful for your work.

PS, the Pizza was from all of us.

Wow smooth sending teh pizzas lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: TheRuler.1290

TheRuler.1290

It’s always good to see positive feedback! It would also be good to hear what we can do better.

Thanks again everyone for participating in the ToL! It was a blast working with you guys!

DPS Event Coordinator – Tech Lead
- Bear Cavalry of Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Draznar.1706

Draznar.1706

Awesome Job Guys! You guys have had such a positive impact on the PvP scene in GW2. I hope to continue seeing more of you. b.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

You guys are da best!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

We really appreciate you helping us with the tourney and in the wise words of the Lesh Prince, " You guys are da best!".

in PvP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

Thank YOU for helping make the tournaments of legends!

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Thank you guys so incredibly much for jumping in to support this community. I can’t even begin to tell you how much we appreciate everything you did to make the Tournament of Legends a huge success and a ton of fun for everyone!

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Thanks again for jumping in at the last second to help us out ;D

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Sireph.2581

Sireph.2581

The DPS crew is one of the most well organized crew that I’ve ever had the privilege of working with in eSports. I’m excited to continue working with y’all in the future

Authorized Shout Caster | MLG Guild Wars 2 Caster
http://Twitter.com/MLGSireph | http://twitch.tv/Sireph | http://youtube.com/sirephsc

in PvP

Posted by: utmastuh.6985

utmastuh.6985

As a participant of the tournament I was glad to be kept up to date with all the pertinent information so I could keep my team informed. We were able to all show up on time.
In the future it would be nice to have 2-3 substitution roster spots. I had to sub out a couple players who ended up not being able to make it. It would make it way easier on Mistpedia if we just had a deeper pool of subs to draw from instead of emailing in roster changes.

I’d also be curious to see if we could do separate brackets for amateurs and pros. Going up against Team Lonely in round 2 was a rude awakening for my team. We are all decent individual players, but when we go up against an experienced team who communicates and rotates well it is difficult to compete.

Any word on how and when teams will get their prizes? I couldn’t find that information anywhere in email, blog posts, or on mistpedia’s site.

http://mistpedia.net/mediawiki/index.php/Third_String

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I did not get my Llama finisher nor the mystic flowers or w/e they are. Please send it to me I cannot quit without having that finisher.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Well deserved thanks to DPS and crew from Strike Force!

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.