Thank you grouch! decap nerf incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Are you really trying to tell me that condition removal is not really needed? Come on.

They should give us something useful against condtions and replace AR not nerfing it and go on.

1 condition removed by tool belt ablilities for example.

Wasn’t saying you guys are in a good place for condi removal. But the stuff you described is mostly getting addressed, and you’d be amazed at how one or two extra condi clears on ten second CD can improve your condition matchups..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Why does every player that fights engineers always say oh you can counter this by using the reflect on your shield blah blah NOT EVERY ENGINEER USES A SHIELD OR CONDI SPAM! sheesh if anything nerf AR more and buff are power builds just give us are hammer already so we can cc people to death

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

hold on maybe I’m confused. I thought most negative condition duration combined with the attacker’s +cond duration, meaning if you have +25% hitting someone with -25% then it would cancel each other out basically.

I always thought AR simply worked differently and had a misleading tooltip, since no amount of +duration will apply a condi to an engi with AR on.

I am probably wrong but if that actually is correct then the new 50% should combine now with +duration of the attacker, making this a huge nerf not just 50%.

in PvP

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

hold on maybe I’m confused. I thought most negative condition duration combined with the attacker’s +cond duration, meaning if you have +25% hitting someone with -25% then it would cancel each other out basically.

I always thought AR simply worked differently and had a misleading tooltip, since no amount of +duration will apply a condi to an engi with AR on.

I am probably wrong but if that actually is correct then the new 50% should combine now with +duration of the attacker, making this a huge nerf not just 50%.

If someone is using the condi duration food and you dont have melandru runes you only get pretty much a 10% condition reduction in duration and who doesn’t use the +40% condi duration food with a condi build?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I don’t use AR as I find a it plague in the engi community and I have done fine without it. So I think people who dislike this change are just too used to crutches and when that crutch is removed they flounder. People are just going to figure out how to play their class instead of relying heavily on something to do everything for them.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

A good decap engie is literally impossible to kill 1v1. If you die 1v1 as decap pre patch you made some awfull mistakes. I could keep up vs multiple top 30/tournament level players at the same time. And i played like 10 games of decap in total so its not like im super experienced on it.

Are you telling me that you could do better than those guys?

Your first sentence is already wrong. If the de-cap have AR (pre-patch) and you’re running a full condition build, then yes, there’s no way or near impossible to kill de-cap 1v1.

But if you try something like a D/P Thief or damage sword Guardian, who both have a numbers of blind, teleport, and burst damage, in 1v1 the de-cap can be in a very uneasy spot where his CC will often miss due to blind, if the CC did hit it will become without meaning when Thief/Guardian just teleport back, and AR definitely can’t save you from high damage burst.

There are also burst Warrior who have good access of Stability, and Mesmer who can both kite and deal constant damage to you with phantasm or shutter illusion on a spot away from point.

People often complain because the builds they’re currently using can’t beat something, and rarely to really try finding the solution of it.

If multiple people go up against 1 de-cap and can’t take it down, there could be several reasons:
1) They’re all running full condition builds, which is just stupid in setup.
2) They don’t understand how to deal with a de-cap well enough yet.

Everyone at the top of the ladder knows decap is over the top in its current state. The fact that less US players cheese to the top leads to less complaints and less of an issue. In EU where the ladder is a bit more active/competetive people tend to play to win…thats means a constant stream of decap engies pretty much every single game.

REAL people at the top of the ladder would know how to deal with de-cap properly, either by skill or overall tactic.

Thanks for proving everyone’s point. If you have to log in and create one to understand how to fully deal one, then that is game fail. Even if I never played engineer once, all the information I should need should be on screen in terms of animations and buff icons. The information I see on engineer is near 100% regen up time and 60% vigor up time and constant swiftness…Those three can’t be allowed to exist with 100% immunity/impunity to conditions at 25% health and enough toughness that a crit hit for 6-7K on any other scout profession will only hit 3.2k on decap engi. You don’t see a problem with this at all?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

A good decap engie is literally impossible to kill 1v1. If you die 1v1 as decap pre patch you made some awfull mistakes. I could keep up vs multiple top 30/tournament level players at the same time. And i played like 10 games of decap in total so its not like im super experienced on it.

Are you telling me that you could do better than those guys?

Your first sentence is already wrong. If the de-cap have AR (pre-patch) and you’re running a full condition build, then yes, there’s no way or near impossible to kill de-cap 1v1.

But if you try something like a D/P Thief or damage sword Guardian, who both have a numbers of blind, teleport, and burst damage, in 1v1 the de-cap can be in a very uneasy spot where his CC will often miss due to blind, if the CC did hit it will become without meaning when Thief/Guardian just teleport back, and AR definitely can’t save you from high damage burst.

There are also burst Warrior who have good access of Stability, and Mesmer who can both kite and deal constant damage to you with phantasm or shutter illusion on a spot away from point.

People often complain because the builds they’re currently using can’t beat something, and rarely to really try finding the solution of it.

If multiple people go up against 1 de-cap and can’t take it down, there could be several reasons:
1) They’re all running full condition builds, which is just stupid in setup.
2) They don’t understand how to deal with a de-cap well enough yet.

Everyone at the top of the ladder knows decap is over the top in its current state. The fact that less US players cheese to the top leads to less complaints and less of an issue. In EU where the ladder is a bit more active/competetive people tend to play to win…thats means a constant stream of decap engies pretty much every single game.

REAL people at the top of the ladder would know how to deal with de-cap properly, either by skill or overall tactic.

Thanks for proving everyone’s point. If you have to log in and create one to understand how to fully deal one, then that is game fail. Even if I never played engineer once, all the information I should need should be on screen in terms of animations and buff icons. The information I see on engineer is near 100% regen up time and 60% vigor up time and constant swiftness…Those three can’t be allowed to exist with 100% immunity/impunity to conditions at 25% health and enough toughness that a crit hit for 6-7K on any other scout profession will only hit 3.2k on decap engi. You don’t see a problem with this at all?

But it’s true that you need to play a class to learn how to fully deal with it. It’s the only way I figured out how to deal with thieves. You need an indepth understanding of the class mechanics that only comes from playing it. You can read whatever you want on the wiki or the documentation, but it’s never enough.