Thank you so much for the Feature Pack!

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

As the title says I’d like to thank ArenaNet for this amazing and long awaited patch. I have to say the first 20 minutes I spent running around headlessly trying to figure out how to make my characters look the same as they did before, but I managed fine and everyone else seem to have gotten answers to whatever questions they had about the changes.

Here’s a list of amazing stuff I encourage you all to try and were made possible by the latest Feature Pack:

• Truly custom looks in both PvP and PvE – there were tons of skins I couldn’t get in PvE but had in PvP and I waited so long for this to be possible. Now I can show off my hard earned cosmetics to fellow players no matter where I am. This is great for an MMO.
  • TDM added – I didn’t get the chance to try this because the only public arena that hosted TDM was full, but jokes on me for not being ready and buying gems even after weeks of constant information from the devs about the patch.
  • Ele healing signet – this has been brought back into play and it’s fun to use. Needless to say more.
  • Tons of new stuff – including reworked runes and sigils that open up new possibilties in terms of build variety. Took me about 2 hours to mess around with these and I’m not even done yet, but must sleep :<
  • New traits – some are not as great as others but they’re still new and interesting and I see no reason to complain about something that was added into the game and did not replace anything.
  • New UI – takes some time to get used to but after a while I can see how this will make my building and rebuilding much quicker and easier.
  • Reward Tracks – I like this one because it gives regular players more reason to play while the more hardcore PvPers will not miss out on anything, in fact the more active you are the more rewards you can get.
  • Many more – need to cut this short, but also thanks to the devs reading the forums at this time and answering people’s questions. Some people are very rude to the devs who try to get our ideas across to the men and women who make the decisions regarding changes to the game.

I hope everyone else can enjoy this as much as I did and that this was just one of many to come!

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

so good. they still didnt fixed decap engi.

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Thanks DanyK, I’m glad you are enjoying it!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like all of the features except the look of the dragon emote.

(edited by Rezz.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

In my opinion it was a mediocre patch aimed towards PvE. For example:
- Your pve gear automatically transfers on your character, I wonder if it was the opposite was made would the mob grinders be bothered by it.
- You need to have full gear equipped when most of pvp players have a lvl 2 character with 2 or 3 parts missing.
- Entire reward system is for pve – almost every single reward is some material, crappy weapon/armor or just junk that I need to sell in auction house or destroy.

Most importantly:
- YOU NEED TO USE GOLD TO BUY TRAITS AND NEW EQUIPMENT IN THE MISTS! Where did the “Everyone is equal in pvp” “No grind pvp” vision go?

What I liked:
- Dye return via email, even if the price dropped immediately by 50% still a fair decision.
- Removal of 8×8 hotjoin
- New trait system that saves me mouse clicks and new rune equipment for the same reason.

To sum up, the patch did not live to all the hype that was created.

in PvP

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

In my opinion it was a mediocre patch aimed towards PvE. For example:
- Your pve gear automatically transfers on your character, I wonder if it was the opposite was made would the mob grinders be bothered by it.
- You need to have full gear equipped when most of pvp players have a lvl 2 character with 2 or 3 parts missing.
- Entire reward system is for pve – almost every single reward is some material, crappy weapon/armor or just junk that I need to sell in auction house or destroy.

Prior to the patch, rewards were random armor and weapon skins you may or may not want, and all you could do was salvage them to make fewer armor and weapon skins you still may not want. Now you can actually sell things you don’t want. How is that not an improvement?

Almost all my past rewards went poof because I didn’t want them and they were salvaged into mats that mostly went unused. I do wish there had been a way to be reimbursed for PvP crafting mats since they couldn’t necessarily be used up prior to the patch.

Also, the missing pieces don’t count toward stats.

PvPers also gained access to a lot of things they wanted from PvE via PvP and they don’t have to leave PvP to make gold. It was a win/win that made PvP more rewarding for PvPers and also more attractive to other players, as well.

(edited by Aly Cat.9415)

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Prior to the patch, rewards were random armor and weapon skins you may or may not want, and all you could do was salvage them to make fewer armor and weapon skins you still may not want. Now you can actually sell things you don’t want. How is that not an improvement?

I am not saying that previous rewards were better. But in my opinion getting semi-random armor and weapon skins you may or may not want is better than getting items you do not have any use at all. And previously I could craft dyes from unwanted gear (even though it was very tedious), now I could sell the junk I get and buy dyes, too bad all the items are few silvers and the price of dyes is in gold.

About the missing piece – it does not count towards stats, but since the only pvp reward that carried over to the new system was the looks it is a huge drawback to any player that only pvps and has a bunch of lvl 2 characters.

I do however agree that this update may attract some people to try pvp.

(edited by Lukin.4061)

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

I love it too!!!
The pvp community is kitten poison omg, they’ll never be happy with anything, we have a ton of new thing, and most of all, i’ll be able to get arah tokens without doing that dungeon! yey!

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

You forget some important things like:
- pvp is a competative environment (where pve’ers are now flooding the tourneys)
Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing more players do pvp
- You need gold to unlock pvp traits/gear
- Where pvp’ers distinguished their looks by earning higher tokens/other armor and rank emotes. Its all gone in one patch.

So no, you won’t hear much positivity from pvp’ers

Lets wait for ‘the meta to settle’, and see if they get more positive about the ‘build diversity’.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

The GM trait costs are a slap in the face to sPvPers.

in PvP

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I am a part of the community that really likes where this is going. The wardrobe is fantastic, no mater if pvp or pve player u get a ton of transmutation charges to begin whit and if u are a pvp player enough ways to get new ones. Plus they are not that expensive anyway a great improvement in contrast to old sisterm. I love the new pvp progression tracks. Is there a way to permanently unlock the region track the same way u can do for dungeon ? Its a great way to enable players to play pvp and pve

in PvP

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Thanks DanyK, I’m glad you are enjoying it!

I’m so glad your arrogance allows you to post this. There is so much wrong with the patch that ‘thank you posts’ should be postponed until all of it is fixed.

lol! I hope no one takes you seriously…

Why exactly would that be? Look at it from my perspective:

-My celestial ele’s damage is nerfed to even less than the little amount it was before.
-Boon duration runes were removed, even after a promise they would be kept.
-3 out of 4 of my town clothes sets are now tonics and cannot be dyed.
-My 4th set (fancy winter clothes) can only be dyed as a whole (so my original dye setup is gone).
-There was no rune rebalance (otherwise Rune of Speed wouldn’t have swiftness and passive movement together in 1 rune).
-Did you even look at the new ele traits? The only viable one is a hard counter to burst builds. Much better than actual balance…not.
-Eles can now play healer! Yay! Nowhere in the game are healers needed or even viable.
-Previously unlocked PvP skins have to be bought again.

I could go on, but suffice it to say, I hope I’m not ignored.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

PvP is too related to PvE now. If I don’t have a specific type of weapon in PvE, I can’t use that type of weapon in PvP. I’ll have to buy a very cheap one, and keep it in my inventory forever, even if I don’t use it in PvE. Customization in PvP has been reduced even more, since you can’t use different types of runes in different pieces of your armor. You have to pay gold and skill points to unlock traits, in PvP! (Imagine the chaos this statement would cause in GW1) You have to pay charges to use the skins you earned by playing PvP since the beginning of the game. You can’t create a level 1 character just for playing PvP (Similar to PvP only characters in GW1) because you won’t be able to apply skins to your armor since you won’t be wearing any (And again, you’ll have to give him weapons, PvE weapons). You have to complete dungeons in PvE if you want more rewards from PvP. Your traits are shared between PvP and PvE, meaning you have to change your traits whenever you go to and leave from PvP since you won’t be using the same traits in both of these locations.

How is THAT an improvement of the PvP aspect of the game? PvP is slowly drifting away from the awesome PvP GW1 had, instead of heading towards that direction.

(edited by Silvanus.5821)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

We were duped…AGAIN! This patch is not what we thought it was.

in PvP

Posted by: Azimov.9317

Azimov.9317

I’m with @DannyK . This is just awesome. It definitely opens the game up considerably. Really good work ANet….I know juggling all the qq and filtering out actual good ideas from bs has got to hard. Then to take all the feedback and translate it into an implementation plan…and then deliver on-time and with minimal issues (as far as I can tell) is serious pro.

in PvP

Posted by: ikke.9315

ikke.9315

I lost 300+ gold cause of patch, i got 100 transmutation crystals in backpack and i kept it because i thought you could use it for trading 1crystal for 1 charge and also use it like it was to transmute 2 armors in 1 to get the rune and stats from 1 armor piece to another one but now you can only use it get skins. I got a lot of difrent sets in my bank like 2-3 pvt sets with diffrent runes but now i have to drop it because you only need 1 set for the skin, and there is no way anymore in game to get runes out of armor so i lost more then 300 gold cause of this…….
my main plan was to keep crystals after update and chose my skins and then remove all the runes from my armors and sell them so i would have 600+ gold that i could spend on skinns and runes but now i got ripped off because there is no way anymore to get runes out of armor

(edited by ikke.9315)

in PvP

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Agreed 100%. The feature patch was a major homerun. Well done.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

—Glad I got ~180 unidentified dyes
—Upset that some of those duplicates used to be abyss, celestial, etc and out of the 160 unid’s I got nothing worth even 1g. 200g+ I’d spent on dyes down the drain

—Glad I got some PvP rank up chests that included lots of rares and couple exotics and tomes and scrolls
—Was worried my 65 charges wouldn’t be enough for 8 toons both PvP and PvE builds

—Glad the mists is more full and active
—Don’t like the mists are laggy and slow to load – especially swapping toons before a match

—Glad the new build UI is quicker when used to it
—Upset that I have to re-work my build everytime I go from PvP to WvW and vice versa

—Glad there are new sigils and traits and runes and amulets more diversity
—Upset that I have to pay for them in PvP. Any single build is not really an issue, but we are talking well over 400g if I wanted to unlock and try it all. Even just to test out a build let’s say Cavalier’s axe warrior with burst precision – 20g just to equip it.

Haven’t tried the new map yet

I love that I can now fight in town clothes.

The new build UI is much more complicated for PvE folks to understand. Why? Because the old systems were the same so it was what they are used to. Why split into 2 different systems “in the name of bringing the game modes together”??? Also, if it makes sense to make this change for PvP why doesn’t it make sense in PvE? Everytime I go between the 2 I have to re-do my build, once in one UI and once in another.

Why couldn’t you just have combined the PvP vendors into one, and made runes/sigils equipped upon purchase, with runes being sets of 6?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i love the patch also i saw nightmare and grouch try to tell them how awesome the patch is where i pretty much spent my whole time doing barbie mode and updating my sigils also all the traits in all my 8 toons have been reset -_- i was like wtf why am i not doing any damage

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I lost 300+ gold cause of patch, i got 100 transmutation crystals in backpack and i kept it because i thought you could use it for trading 1crystal for 1 charge and also use it like it was to transmute 2 armors in 1 to get the rune and stats from 1 armor piece to another one but now you can only use it get skins. I got a lot of difrent sets in my bank like 2-3 pvt sets with diffrent runes but now i have to drop it because you only need 1 set for the skin, and there is no way anymore in game to get runes out of armor so i lost more then 300 gold cause of this…….
my main plan was to keep crystals after update and chose my skins and then remove all the runes from my armors and sell them so i would have 600+ gold that i could spend on skinns and runes but now i got ripped off because there is no way anymore to get runes out of armor

you thought you could use crystal charges to “salvage” runes?

why can’t you just use a BL salvage kit to get your runes?

Or are you saying there is no way to transmute the stats on it so you can’t make it salvageable?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

This thread should have more replies :/

Thanks gw2devs and Lesh-Prince in particular, this patch is good, and it feels good.

Pvp community has become even more salty then the dead sea.

Attachments:

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Please allow me to also thank development team for this long waited patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Overall I’m pleased with it. It managed to breathe some new life into pvp, a lot of new players I’m seeing now. Not really going to talk about balance because the patch hasn’t even been out for a day. Need to give it a few weeks or a month to see how things play out.

GJ anet.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I’m not happy with the new system pvp-wise anyway…not at all. it’s clumsy, confusing, expensive
PvE they did a great job though, but this was definitely not designed for pvp use. the old system was FAR more streamlined and well put together

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”