That Level 1 may be a Level 35 reroll

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Seems like people are rerolling to play tourneys when their regular team is not available… because they do not want to lose their leaderboard rating.

I did. I am a level 36 player, but I show up as a Level 1 at the moment.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Uh how do you do that without buying another copy of the game

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

Posted by: rarebo.1073

rarebo.1073

Suspected this myself. Nice way to wedge a bit of extra cash from already payed up peeps.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

You just buy another copy. Another login, basically.

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Seeing threads like these make me really not want to solo queue but it’s too late for me I guess so YORO (you only roll once)

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Seems like a long way to go to save rating on a leaderboard that can’t be taken too seriously for the time being.

Based on the number of “Leaders” with about 30 total tPvP games played the rating system probably has some odd statistical bias toward people who win their first 10 or so games (probably has to do with volatility and small sample sizes). If you really want to beat the system, then play with your regular team on the new login. I would be willing to bet that some poor souls have bought new accounts just to jump onto the leaderboards.

This is kind of a silly way to throw money around in my opinion, but to each their own.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

lol u bougth 2 copys of gw2

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Yes. I have plenty of money from having my own business. It was 40 bucks. <shrug>.

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

Yes. I have plenty of money from having my own business. It was 40 bucks. <shrug>.

lol so do i but that doesnt mean that im going to buy a pve game twice.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

lol so do i but that doesnt mean that im going to buy a pve game twice.

That’s because you are you, and he’s not you. He’s himself.

and I’m Logan Thackeray.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Juan Ignacio, you can make fun of me all you want. You just look silly trying to tell me how to live my life, and what I should spend money on.

I wanted a second account. I bought it.

in PvP

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

These pvp junkies concerned about their kitten will create an artificial barrier for new people entering tPvP. They are getting matched up against Rabbits when they have Tiger or higher experience and roflstomping them into the ground. This practice needs to be reined in. Moving to the suggestion forum to see if Anet can attach your rank to your IP address.

If they know that their e-sport is at stake, they might sit up and take notice, then put the shaft to you ratings junkies. It would be well deserved.

I would suggest a more mild solution—creating a practice arena— but that would just be another ego feeding machine for you pro gamers out there. You wouldn’t queue with the intent to practice while keeping your rating safe. You would queue to get your jollies off of beating new players. I wish there was a way to weed this type of player out of all MMOs.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

lol has nothing to do with the amount, has to do with you spending 40 bucks to preserve your rank on a joke leaderboard in a game where nobody takes the pvp seriously. This is hilarious.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio, you can make fun of me all you want. You just look silly trying to tell me how to live my life, and what I should spend money on.

Im not trying to make fun of you at all i just lol’d that u bougth a second account to a company that since launch gave us 1 thing then they take it away, a bunch of nerf and thats it. All the people that bougth this game for the pvp got scammed but you well you got scammed twice ( well obviously if u are just interested in the pvp aspect only).

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

This happened all the time in gw1 with Hero Battles especially. Moreso when gw1 accounts became extremely cheap.. It is a bit unfortunate for people starting out to get placed against more experienced players but honestly if it gets anet some money to actually fund pvp then it’s probably a good thing :p

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

lol has nothing to do with the amount, has to do with you spending 40 bucks to preserve your rank on a joke leaderboard in a game where nobody takes the pvp seriously. This is hilarious.

Not empty-quoting this.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Im not trying to make fun of you at all i just lol’d that u bougth a second account to a company that since launch gave us 1 thing then they take it away, a bunch of nerf and thats it. All the people that bougth this game for the pvp got scammed but you well you got scammed twice ( well obviously if u are just interested in the pvp aspect only).

[/quote]

No. Pretty sure you wanted to make fun of me.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think the guy that made this thread is clearly not someone playing “for fun”. Ha ha. Lol. But good for ArenaNet if people buy more than 1 account.

in PvP

Posted by: Draedark.8193

Draedark.8193

This brings up a question. What is the default value of a new accounts MMR? This practice could be a part of how volatile the ranks currently are. Even so, I would think that this practice will begin to taper off when the leader boards stabilize.
More money for PvP resources is always a welcome thing in my book. Hopefully ANET has a way to track this to help justify specific dual accounts were purchased for the sole purpose of PvP and get a budget credit!

Crystal Desert
Two Soul/Bane Midge – Ranger, Prison Riot – Thief, Effing Effer – Guardian
Feel free to contact me for info on the eSPT tPvP guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

You just buy another copy. Another login, basically.

Arena.net seal of approval.

http://files.enjin.com/223694/pics/ArenaNet_Logo_200w.png

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236