The 150-200 difference ?

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

As it said do you continue when your in the ‘’losing,, team ? Does it worth to continue to fight and enter the fight, or let them win this time and better luck next time
I personally give up ’’sometimes,, when i see the vs slaughtering badly my team and the difference is 150-200

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

You stop by 50 point difference? 50 points?!

Seriously? That’s a difference you can make (assuming you are using a TS)

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

He probably means if the score is something like 100 for his team and 250-300 for enemy team.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

There is no reason to ever give up and quit. Turnarounds happens if you let them.

This entire “oh we are down points so i’m going to afk” is the reason matches are so bad nowadays.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

There is no reason to ever give up and quit. Turnarounds happens if you let them.

This entire “oh we are down points so i’m going to afk” is the reason matches are so bad nowadays.

This. +1. Thank you.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

A) 150 to two hunder points difference is WIDELY agreed as the MAXIMUN COMMON comeback between two EQUAL TOP TEAMS.

B) this is pure math, not only legacy lord, but the fact it is GENERALLY POSSIBLE to perma hold 2:1 caps but not 2:0 or 3:0

C) this is EQUAL TEAMS WHO KNOW WHAT DO. your random pugs who have underpeforming in last 3 teamfights, would need to suddenly play perfect in next 4 teamfights.

Tldr
Yes, the last comeback train leaves at 200pts difference AND EVERYONE alive and ready to leave base together.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I don’t know where you’re getting widely agreed upon and stuff like that. You can present it as your own opinion, but you’re being misleading.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

also we arent dealing with top teams in pugs.

im bad at sarcasm

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

As early as yesterday I was in a match where my team where leading with 350-ish against 68. It looked like it was going to be another blowout match but suddenly enemie team started to get full caps and my team was too relaxed and was out fighting off-point while we didn’t have the cap. We lost the match with 450-500.

If someone on enemy team would have AFK or DC’d, well I doubt they would have won then.

It may not happen everytime or even alot but everytime you give up and go afk or DC you give up the chance of winning and you betray your team no matter what.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Just had a match yesterday where we were behind (score: 170-330). I figured it was done, but somehow, we secured tranq and held 3 points the rest of the game after a big enemy wipe. Was beautiful, they didn’t even make it to 430. Asked the other team, and some of their players claimed they got over confident and stopped taking smart fights. People make mistakes, if you think it’s time to give up, then just try harder. If you don’t have fun trying your best, well nothing I can do for you.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

That depend on your team. If you see that there’s a large difference of points between your team and the enemy team and your team can’t fight the enemy team, then you can be shure that you will lose. there can be a change in the score but if your team did bad in teh first half of the fight it will do bad also in the other half. Expecially if you play as a soloq.

If you play in a premade something can still happen and change the match result, but you need to be really skilled or have a big luck to win the match with a difference of 200 points.

Anyway, if you see that you’re losing try to fight anyway (unless you’re really totally losing 50/400) and use that match to learn something from your enemy team as rotation, enemy class skills and gameplay, and all the useful stuffs that can improve yourself as a player.
And never let the enemy win easy. They can be victorious but you can always make them win harder!

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I that even a question to ask yourself ?

I really hate people that think about afk for a game. Do you seriously only play when you win ? I mean you have pve for that.

asking yourself if you should afk is absolutly not the right mindset….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

He probably means if the score is something like 100 for his team and 250-300 for enemy team.

I’ve been part of teams that have pulled it back from a 50-300 score. And that’s with out any voice coms.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Flumek.9043

I don’t know where you’re getting widely agreed upon and stuff like that. You can present it as your own opinion, but you’re being misleading.

Simple statistics and and non top player opinions.

Like you said, it can be an opinion, but I thought OP was asking more for a tldr over a #believe.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You’re claiming a consensus when it’s really just your opinion. With that said, it’s not too much to ask for someone to play another two or three minutes to finish the game.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I’ve been part of teams that have pulled it back from a 50-300 score. And that’s with out any voice coms.

Yea, a lot of times, a big deficit really doesn’t mean a huge skill difference between the two teams. It could be a few bad rotation/plays that snowball into a loss of the whole map. It is possible to turn the momentum if a couple of you find the right play at the right time to carry the game.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Largest score range comeback in soloq i’ve been in was a 75 to 300 lead on Foefire. We finally won a mid skirmish fight and that snowballed the rest of the game. We held 2 points all game and even held a 3 cap for a second.

Because there’s a chance, there’s no reason for players to afk… especially if they’re only down by 100 points.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t agree despite anecdotes of big comebacks. It’s pretty easy to perceive sometimes that you are simply going to be stomped. This is all the more true when you see the other team has some ridiculous stack like 2 dh, 2 necro and an ele.

The stacked matchmaking ( of s2-s3 ) has created a strong impression that some matches are simply predestined and I really don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Mesmerising Girl

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

It’s pretty easy to perceive sometimes that you are simply going to be stomped.

It’s not, and that’s a very bad mentality to carry around.

GW2’s solo matchmaking and Overwatch are very similiar in this situation. In both games you have players who want to quit after the first initial mid wipe or first round loss. In both forums, players like myself disagree that quitting early is a bad state of mind and is toxic to the game overall.

This isn’t a moba where you’ve lost resources and you’re literally fighting players who got put on steroids by eating your teamates. The only “quit” button a player deserves is an “alt+f4” and dishonor that comes with.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

As it said do you continue when your in the ‘’losing,, team ? Does it worth to continue to fight and enter the fight, or let them win this time and better luck next time
I personally give up ’’sometimes,, when i see the vs slaughtering badly my team and the difference is 150-200

I try never to give up even in a game where my team looses with a big difference. Reasons : If you give up you will never do come backs. You will never LEARN how to do come backs.You will never develop the “we can come back” mentality. Also even if come back wont happen i believe is something to learn from every game even from a big diffeat.Actually if you want be top in spvp , the big diffeats is where you can learn the most things.So dont think give up is a good decission.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

Was in a pug team vs full 5man premade yesterday, we were losing by ~150 points, then managed to 2v4 them with necro and that somehow did turn out the tides. Won 500-499.

Overall I don’t think it is worth giving up at any time, even if there is absolutely no chance to win I continue playing just to try to get better, you know.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I that even a question to ask yourself ?

I really hate people that think about afk for a game. Do you seriously only play when you win ? I mean you have pve for that.

asking yourself if you should afk is absolutly not the right mindset….

There are matches where your teammates seem to be evaporating at the slightest contact with the enemy, any resistance that you put up gets +2’d in short order because the rest of the team is ressing and they can afford to fight 3v1 on anyone who is putting up a fight, and it stopped actually being fun a hundred points ago.

If you’re not having fun, and it’s clear that there’s no chance of winning, why try to prolong your own suffering? Games are supposed to be fun, after all.

That said, it takes more than the first fight to decide that, and if you are having fun, you might as well keep going. After all, upsets happen, and if it’s not as bad as the above scenario, it might well be something you can figure out a way to turn around. The nature of the game is that a small difference in efficiency can translate into a large difference in the rate of point acquisition, so what appears to be a large difference can be countered by a change in tactics that gives you the edge to turn the snowball around.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Maybe i wrote it too blunt and realistic.

You can and SHOULD still play match, if youre having fun. If youre testing a build you especially want experience.

But if youre strictly grinding pips – then i just explained you wont get it. And if youre feeling tortured by the teammates on top, youre morally free to end the torture sooner.

Its more perception problem than numbers. The 1v5premade happened less than 1% of matches, and you didnt even lose 100% of those 1% cases cz they were often bad pves on guild missions – yet poeple still viewed this as an impossible hurdle.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Well, you don’t get much experience testing a build if it’s the circumstance that I was describing. You can’t get a good feel for how your build is working (or not) if every time you go into battle it becomes a 1v3 within 15-30 seconds. Sometimes you can make a judgement based on how well you’re doing before that happens, but generally speaking, matches like that aren’t a useful test of anything.

Granted, those matches are a slim minority. Outside of S2 and S3, I’d probably guesstimate they’re less than 5% of matches. It’s much, much more common to have situations where your team is losing because your team is generally just coming out on the bottom of fights, or being outrotated, or so on. Those matches can be good opportunities to judge where the weak spots in your build or playstyle might be that are letting you down, or if there might be tweaks that you might be able to make in order to adjust things.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

It should be 100% dependant on your analysis of your team. If you think they can come back, then keep playing. Otherwise just get some 1v1 practice in or listen to music and jump around.

You shouldn’t be using the scoreboard to gauge or your teams skill.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: minion.1987

minion.1987

200 to 400 or 100 to 400 is when you should just quit or turn mindless and get killed a lot.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I find getting a hard beat is often a game I can learn a lot from. When one jerk gives up, you can still seek out some good 1 v 2 fights to get involved in and practice holding 2 folks off. You can search out some 1 v1’s, you can work on extricating yourself from fights and resetting. There’s a lot of practice that I can do against better opponents.

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

I would love to approach all matches with that “never give up” attitude people keep expressing here. And if I’m just playing for fun, or trying to be really competitive, then I probably do.

But when a PvP season or limited-time achievement comes along which requires a significant number of wins, my attitude inevitably changes. Sure I could keep trying in a 150-350 losing game and hope for a miracle win… or I could just let it end sooner and take my chances in the next game. And unfortunately in the long run it seems more effective to just crank through more matches than to spend the extra time trying for miracle comebacks.

Though don’t misunderstand, I’m not saying it’s good to give up the moment the enemy hits a 150 or 200 point lead. Personally, I at least try to keep playing seriously until it’s obviously hopeless. But if the other team is hitting 350 to 400 while having a ~200 point lead, and they’re clearly still dominating the action…. then yeah, it’s a lost cause for me.

I actually kinda dislike reward structures based on number of wins because of how I feel it encourages this “give up early, try again sooner” way of playing. But ANet keeps doing it, so here we are…

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I actually kinda dislike reward structures based on number of wins because of how I feel it encourages this “give up early, try again sooner” way of playing. But ANet keeps doing it, so here we are…

On that point, why can’t Anet include a time played requirement per match as part of these reward structures? If you leave early or receive a report for boting, afk, match manipulation, etc. Then you wont receive credit.

Anet could easily implement a new voting system that after a 3 player majority vote, you get dishonorable with 0 reward credit for the current match.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

A voting system would be instantly abused. The level of recrimination both in-game and here on forum would be epic. Though, it would be fun to get people to exclude a certain ESL Engineer from any rewards in a match.

Bottom Line, matchmaking needs to be improved so that gross mismatches are at least not common.

Mesmerising Girl

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

" There are matches where your teammates seem to be evaporating at the slightest contact with the enemy, any resistance that you put up gets +2’d in short order because the rest of the team is ressing and they can afford to fight 3v1 on anyone who is putting up a fight, and it stopped actually being fun a hundred points ago.

If you’re not having fun, and it’s clear that there’s no chance of winning, why try to prolong your own suffering? Games are supposed to be fun, after all.

That said, it takes more than the first fight to decide that, and if you are having fun, you might as well keep going. After all, upsets happen, and if it’s not as bad as the above scenario, it might well be something you can figure out a way to turn around. The nature of the game is that a small difference in efficiency can translate into a large difference in the rate of point acquisition, so what appears to be a large difference can be countered by a change in tactics that gives you the edge to turn the snowball around.

Have you ever had that situation where you lose really badly and something happens, your team is suddently doing pretty well ? The enemy needs less than 100 points before the victory and you stagnate around 100 but you manage to end up with a 500-350 loss in the end. This is the sort of moment you can see what was wrong in your rotation and what made things change.

I feel like some people are really confident in their skills to afk because “this is lost and I’m playing for the pips anyway”. You know what ? I would be ok with afk people if they had a real discussion and analysis while doing so. Most of the time, you just have a guy giving up with no reasons or insults.

I don’t know, maybe my mindset comes from me playing a thief before the league system and during every seasons.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

I tend to avoid quitting at all, even though it happens very rarely when I get really frustrated with my team. Many people quit too easily however. Fights in GW2 can snowball easily and one won teamfight can turn a typical pug game on its head when the losing team panicks and runs out one by one (which happens more often that it should). Might not occur in coordinated ‘E-Sports’ Matches, but rather frequently in ladder. So it’s often unwise to quit. Even a 200 point deficit can be turned around in pug matches. Point difference is a rather bad indicator anyway, the results of fights are way more important. You can easily get quite a high point deficit by losing 1-2 teamfights and missrotating at the same time, however if the teamfights were close there is still some hope.

Caissech / Falásya

The 150-200 difference ?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I’ve been on several teams where we’ve comeback from being down 100 to 150. Most of the time when I lose, it’s not because my team mates are awful. It’s because people are playing disorganized and rotating poorly. You get +1 and +2’d in every fight and get snowballed. But if your team can come together, frequently you’ll flip the match because most enemy teams aren’t that good.