The Abjured VS the World

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Out of curiosity…. a question for the whole community: how can Abjured BEAT everything thrown at them when the rest of the community( including other TOP teams) complain about the flavour of the month meta?

This Abjured team simply wins against everything deemed OP and broken by the rest of the community, they can play classes/build deemed UP by the rest and still own left and right…..are they gods…or simply better than the rest of us?

With this in mind, there is one last thing to say: with the majority of nerf requests ( made by me also) the level of skill of the parties involved, it’s never showed or explained…ask yourself why..

(edited by Supreme.3164)

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

They are gods.. ive seen em.. and as i approached my eyes were blinded by shimmering light!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

Because the last thing most pvp’ers whom ask for nerfs consider is their own ability.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Communications, mechanical/class knowledge, reaction time, awareness, games played, scrims, etc.

Too many variables for you to be making this judgement. You could sit here and debate it all day but it wouldn’t do you any good by the end of the day. Just gotta play this game constantly and scrim with high tier teams in order to get better, which the Abjured do.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Who said they win everything. They might still be loosing vs some teams of their caliber. Do u keep a live record of their wins/loses?

Also is this game hand-tailored for abjured? If yes i don’t know why the rest of the world as you say it QQ about it.

And what Leohart said above^

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Uhhm, normally I like your threads Supreme, but what under powered class they are playing.

2 x Shiro Malyx/Rev
1 x Scrapper Engi
1 x Auramencer Tempest
1 x Signet or Chill Reaper

Those are exactly apex builds for those classes isn’t?

And the way Abjured, first they are good players, there is no doubt about it and I watch their streams, they personally like each other and friends, one of the team that are together longest, so they know each others tendencies.

In my opinion, most of the time they beat other team by out rotating them, instead of killing them….

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

No wives, no kids, no lives. Just GW2 and obtaining capture points.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

They truly are like the 92 dream team. There like the starting lineup of stocton,jordan,pippen,barkely and robinson.

The rest of the teams will struggle with this comp probably because they are not seeing it the same way where as the abjured after that 1st match i can only guess all 5 were thinking the same thing.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Is this thread for real? Marketing gimmick team that has a very unprofessional relationship with the company trying so hard to break into the Esport scene. Notice all the real Esport games are community created and Global, featuring Korea, Europe, South East Asia, China, and even South America ETC.

Guild wars 2 NA structured pvp is the lowest population game mode out of all the other aspects of the game. Nothing else needs to be said. Let’s be real for once.

Cute being the big fish in a pond that faces drought.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

This Abjured team simply wins against everything deemed OP and broken by the rest of the community, they can play classes/build deemed UP by the rest and still own left and right…..are they gods…or simply better than the rest of us?

Are they better than you?
I’d say yes.

Are you a suck-up?
I’d say yes. Not sure where you’re going at with this thread in the first place.

Are you unaware that they are a team that goes for the most powerful builds?
I’d say yes, you are unaware that they go for the most powerful builds.

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Because they’re not EU .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

They’ve been playing with each other for well over a year with a regular and consistent roster. Quite frankly I’m more amazed at them still being individual entities instead of slowly merging into some weird 5 man blob thing.

Oh and they also play things that are very strong so not sure where you get the “they play things deemed UP” aspect.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

I’d say yes.

Are you a suck-up?
I’d say yes. Not sure where you’re going at with this thread in the first place.

Are you unaware how non competitve GW2 is? How small North America is? How ignorant people in this community are?

Hellion

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

The ignorance amuses me, come on Arena Net, cater to the masses, the people who give you the almighty $. Stop trying to make GW2 a crappy American reality TV show. Don’t dumb down our community.

Hellion

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You must be pretty blind if you think they used UP builds. They use what’s optimal for their team compositions. If the Abjured can use a compositions of warriors and thieves and win a tourney, then this thread has some validity. As other have pointed out. PvP in gw2 is very small. Being a big fish in a small pond isn’t that impressive.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

A game must not be balanced around the most skilled players, imo.
how much “top” players exist?
And how much “average” players exist…?
Imo a game should be balanced around the “average” part of the game’s population.
The “average” people are the ones that literally keep the game alive- their money let the Devs keep maintaining the game. Besides, the “top” players just made the Devs throw away 200k$, but that’s another topic… (i don’t believe the devs used their own money for that…) “top” players are not indicators of balance. They are indicators for the potential of their specific builds. Balance the game about “top” players and you’ll get a massive decrease in the “average” PvP population.

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Uhhm, normally I like your threads Supreme, but what under powered class they are playing.

2 x Shiro Malyx/Rev
1 x Scrapper Engi
1 x Auramencer Tempest

1 rev and 1 thief and I believe thief counts as underpowered

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Yea, let’s balance around the people who DON’T have a full grasp over the entirety of the game and its systems. For a second, imagine what the top players would do with even easier to play classes? The competitive scene would quite literally die. This isn’t an issue if casual PvP is what Anet is aiming for.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Some would claim, that in late modernity, wives, jobs and kids are (some of the) capture-points

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I’d say yes.

Are you a suck-up?

Are you unaware how non competitve GW2 is? How small North America is? How ignorant people in this community are?

Are you unaware of English? Because your comment is weird AF and irrelevant to my initial comment.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

They ran double cele ele and cele ele counter in necro to win WTS.

Currently they ran tempest rev scrapper and reaper. The only thing they really get kudos for imho is,running thief but when your rotations/team fights are,at their level then thief is a boon.

All that being said they’ve currently stated they are switching to a more bunker spec…

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Some would claim, that in late modernity, wives, jobs and kids are (some of the) capture-points

Wife be contested.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Out of curiosity…. a question for the whole community: how can Abjured BEAT everything thrown at them when the rest of the community( including other TOP teams) complain about the flavour of the month meta?

With this in mind, there is one last thing to say: with the majority of nerf requests ( made by me also) the level of skill of the parties involved, it’s never showed or explained…ask yourself why..

It’s simple, Abjured and other NA teams are like two completly different worlds, both skill wise and game knowledge.

Other NA teams couldn’t even copy EU builds without changing stuff in them and reducing their effectiveness… lets look at NA Bunker Mesmers as example: they replaced Well of Eternity with Mantra of Recovery in heavy condition meta, so they couldn’t anymore Continuum Split their heal CD, they got horrible long cast time on it (even with quickness) so it was super easy to interrupt.

If we look at Eura build, its just horrible. Even if it can hold point pretty well, it’s bad at contesting it, because no real pressure with his weapon sets… no evade/block frames and reduced mobility because of no Sword/GS… also lack of both damage, healing power or MM for longer daze duration make it close to useless in teamfights.

Celestial Revenants? Kitten, please…

Also stacking bunker Mesmers… cmon.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Is this thread for real? Marketing gimmick team that has a very unprofessional relationship with the company trying so hard to break into the Esport scene. Notice all the real Esport games are community created and Global, featuring Korea, Europe, South East Asia, China, and even South America ETC.

Guild wars 2 NA structured pvp is the lowest population game mode out of all the other aspects of the game. Nothing else needs to be said. Let’s be real for once.

Cute being the big fish in a pond that faces drought.

This.

Sad but it is the truth.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The ignorance amuses me, come on Arena Net, cater to the masses, the people who give you the almighty $. Stop trying to make GW2 a crappy American reality TV show. Don’t dumb down our community.

Don’t bring reality up here a lot of these people only have a passing acquaintance with it. It’s hard to know reality living in your mother’s basement playing games 14 hours a day and sleeping the other 10.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Back in the turret meta, my team, Radioactive, took 3 sentinel turret engies, a sentinel bunker necro, and a sentinel rez warrior into a monthly. We rolled every team and then got to abjured. Abjured understands one concept that comes from their skirmish playstyle, they are extremely skilled at switching off of the point, running away to health back up, and leaving their tankier members to 1v2 the tanks that they face while simultaneously outrotating. In short, they are well versed in how to take on bunker comps—you simply leave a tanky member 1v2 and quickly run to outnumber a different point. They NEVER sit and just hold 2 points, they are always pushing, always creating momentum.

Other teams, on the other hand, will try and pick even number fights against bunkers in a point capped in the bunkers favor, other teams will also just try to hold solid 2 caps without making a move on another point, other teams play too defensively and narrow-mindedly.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

shrug

Gimmick builds and pvp issues aside, the Abjured members ‘click’ with each other. You can see it when they play together. And you can “feel” the difference in their play when they rotate in a sub.

Time spent, and general dedication to the overall goal has helped to cement them in their purpose. As such, they play very well together. You know that crazy thing called teamwork.

They aren’t perfect. They do make mistakes. Those mistakes occasionally cost them a game, but they are pretty good at recovering. It tends to happen when you get to know your teammates really well.

It’s really not uncommon. You see it happen in close knit guilds in pve (omg, blasphemy) all the time. You don’t run into it as much in pvp because egos, drama, etc sometimes get in the way of a good thing. Other teams could do the same thing, with some time and humility.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

2 x Shiro Malyx/Rev
1 x Scrapper Engi
1 x Auramencer Tempest

1 rev and 1 thief and I believe thief counts as underpowered

Except it’s not that underpowered when playing the outrotating game.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

They don’t beat everything thrown at them. In fact the lose quite often. Fortunately for them they have the ability to practice as a team together very often and are usually only losing in scrimms. When game day rolls around they have adjusted and are ready to beat what has been ailing them. Fortunately for them they also have balance in their favor as none of their classes are inherently weak or completely useless in this meta. Unfortunately for them, there are now teams practicing consistently, namely PZ, and rumor has it PZ is destroying Abjured in scrimms (running the meta). Meanwhile, other top teams just don’t have the experience to match up against Abjured at this time. My two cents.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wife be contested.

Keep her. Please.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

If you want to see how they win you can watch their matches from Pro League.

The Abjured VS the World

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Wife be contested.

Yeah … well … everyone is trying to 3-cap anyway – one way or the other.