in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I mean come ON nub.

The Allie needs to get past r12 Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

pretty sure her clear reasons of ‘rl stuff first’ was good enough for me.

The thief left at 74 though? gosh.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

RL smealhlife. A few team tournies will get her to dolyak.

Also it’s LITERALLY her job to do this.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I think we should inv her in team arenas now that rank points are so high and carry her to 20s. 20s should be a goal.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Allie Dolyak here you come.

Also Karl mocking even as high as wolf I think it was in live stream is funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Seeing Karl only r30-ish was actually very scary, I know, if Allie is doing her job correctly, the balance team is incredibly dense and doesn’t seem to want to change much. But yeah, the community should help get allie up to at least 20-30-ish.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Biggest joke NA.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Time for some skyhammer farming.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hit r14 tonight. GG

/thread

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

Allie is the wise one, hit deer rank, decided RL was better, wish I would’ve had the same epiphany m`self, 400k rank points ago…….

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Is OP implying that any rank sub 40 really matters?

Besides, making vague statements about possibilities so as to convince players to stay with GW2 is vital and time-consuming work. She can’t waste time actually playing the game all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Allie, do you even lift?

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Hit r14 tonight. GG

/thread

Keep it going allie, we know you can do this

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind helping Allie rank up a bit.

Anyway, great job Allie answering all those questions, even the kittenes (1v1 for job thing). And great job on trying really hard and being immune to trolls. This definitely improved my opinion of you. Thanks for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

Hit r14 tonight. GG

/thread

So a person who is in pvp balance team is a deer a grass eater rank 14 a year and half after release. This explain allot in pvp .

giving comments without watching the stream. This explains allot on the forums.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Allie we should duo queue

It’ll be like a date.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

What rank is J sharp? That’s what I’d like to know.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

r12 → r14 = 8000 rank points = 6 wins in soloQ

Congratz!

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

#AlliesOurChamp

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Hit r14 tonight. GG

/thread

My friend mainly focus PvE , but after i telling/taugh/making/ask him to play some Tpvp with me ,after 2 weeks ,he’s up from Deer to Wolf ,mainly with his warrior.
You play a warrior too ,right ? what’s your build ? my friend play a banner /support build ,and dont tell me you try to avoid the meta you and your team making lol.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Ha, logged in this morning to find out it was actually rank 15 that I got last night.

Believe it was…. 4-2 solo arenas and 3-2 team. The games all kind of blurred together =\

Except for that one 4v5 solo that turned into a 3v5 halfway through. I remember that one quite well! ):< (btw I have brought this up with the team recently – will post about it next week)

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

This last person in the enemy team will remember this 4v5 as well. But seriously, good to hear that you guys are addressing it! That’s very good news!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Except for that one 4v5 solo that turned into a 3v5 halfway through. I remember that one quite well! ):< (btw I have brought this up with the team recently – will post about it next week)

It would be nice:

- To find a way to avoid that teammates get punished for the DC/AFK/leaver.
- To find a way to create different punishments for an intentional afker/leaver and someone who has an unintentional DC.

What i would do is allow the winning team its win points rank glory etc. The losing team (that is with 4) doesnt lose anything, while the DCed guy loses 100/200% of what he would normally lose for a loss.

I would base the punishment of the DCer on reports from teammates:

- 200% if its an intentional afker/ragequiter (would need at least 3 reports from teammates). Counts towards dishonorable.
- 100% if it was an unintentional DC. Doesnt count towards dishonorable.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

btw I have brought this up with the team recently – will post about it next week

Allie OUR HERO!

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

(btw I have brought this up with the team recently – will post about it next week)

I’m glad to hear this but I’m pretty sure they already are aware of the problem.

Everytime I play 4v5 I come here and WHINE.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Well, there’s a difference about them knowing about it and Allie bringing it up, until it can’t be ignored anymore

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

IGN: Hugs
Display name: Allie.9268

If you wanna play this weekend. Got up to 17 but have to run some errands. Might play more on Sunday!

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Haha with 1750 rank per win it goes by fast :P Cool to see you leveling up though – and experiencing the pleasures that are 3/4v5

It’s really weird however because I seem to only get 4v5s in Solo Q, team Q is EXTREMELY rare… Maybe just because more people play Team Q seriously while Solo is like “whatever”.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Ha, logged in this morning to find out it was actually rank 15 that I got last night.

Believe it was…. 4-2 solo arenas and 3-2 team. The games all kind of blurred together =\

while u do this try to ask why rank 9 newbies Play in solo q with Player over rank 40 and ruin the game for their Team.
when we get Players with our ranks instead of nubs who just farm a bit glory…that´d be great!

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

#Champion

Was fun chatting with you Allie.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

1v1 me Allie ;D <3

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Congrats! I had that in September 2012!

Jk =D #GoAllie!

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

this only show how devs play this game , r15? saw others devs r20-30 , this is just sad and u have brought 4v5 with the team recently? We have this problem since soloq camed out.

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

this only show how devs play this game , r15? saw others devs r20-30 , this is just sad and u have brought 4v5 with the team recently? We have this problem since soloq camed out.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the issue has came up before hand, she only noted that she brought it up again in this very instance.

Also: she’s not a dev, she’s a community coordinator. And devs play this game for a living on their own test server, I’d wager that when they get back home, there might be other things they want to do before getting on GW2.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yay! For having the conversation on the 4v5. If they can figure out something about it, that will be great.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Life lesson: When someone is willing to help you with a problem, don’t criticize them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Implying they aren’t getting paid to do it <.< it is their job you know they dont run a charity. But Go ahead delete this post too, them forum skillz

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Implying they aren’t getting paid to do it <.< it is their job you know they dont run a charity. But Go ahead delete this post too, them forum skillz

Can’t leave this one, sorry.

This is a very unfair expectation. If you were working a full-time or even temporary full-time job, would you do it at home too, in your free time?

People act like working in game development isn’t like a regular job, but that is very much not true. We have process, we have rules, we have many of the things one would expect to see in any software development company.

When we play the game, we have rules too. Every time I get in game, I get PMs from players talking about how something is broken, or trying to coordinate events with me. Every time I get in game, I should be prepared to work. Being in-game for us is not the same as being in-game for you.

I know it’s hard to empathize over the internet, but try to imagine the millions of jobs that don’t require people to do that, and then imagine that we do it anyway because we’re so passionate about this game.

Please do not belittle that.

(edited by Allie Murdock.8152)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This is a very unfair expectation. If you were working a full-time or even temporary full-time job, would you do it at home too, in your free time?

Where you do it wouldnt matter for most.

What would help a great deal is if you would (regularly) experience the “issues” we have first hand. Instead of just reading about it.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

We do experience the issues first hand. We do play the game. That was my point, which you cropped out in the quote.

“we do it anyway because we’re so passionate about this game.”

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

It seems like only half of the pvp designers/devs actually plays spvp hardcore and sees what is happening in game and on forum. Then this first half is trying to convince the second half to do something, ineffectively of course. It appears that you are very passionate but only about pve and wvw.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

That’s just not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

Let’s hope so. Still, more and more people think that way and we see no progress or any significant changes to change that perception. Greatest change so far -> silver for winning/losing a match. Braavo.

(edited by Oulov.7913)

in PvP

Posted by: Maskah.1486

Maskah.1486

If anything they are all about PVP! They get to kick your butts at the end of the day and take out all the frustrations you have heaped on them :P.

It sounds like Allie’s job is a lot like leading the big active guilds, except she gets paid for it. You guys should be happy for her and happy we have someone like that in the community.

in PvP

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I know it’s hard to empathize over the internet, but try to imagine the millions of jobs that don’t require people to do that, and then imagine that we do it anyway because we’re so passionate about this game.

Please do not belittle that.

That’s the exact reason why when I see anyone from ANet in game I take a moment to say thank you for being there and for all the hours of hard work to make this game what it is.

It’s all too easy on the internet to forget that there are people behind those name tags, with real emotions, feelings, opinions, etc. We (gamers) tend to take it all for granted too often.

So thank you, Allie, and all of you guys at ArenaNet for your continued efforts towards making this game the best it can be.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks Sondergaard.8469!

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

oh allie, Little question, u said u get IGM´s.
i can imagine u get a lot of them, but do you or better all other devs, like to get IGM´s, or whispers or Messages in Forums?
I think when i Need to write a busy dev, then rather here then in his private account

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

(edited by snow.8097)

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

I don’t see the passion. I don’t see the dedication. I simply see a gross irresponsibility with resources; and I see people that put it with it in droves.

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Im not sure allie, but playing with devs like we did when the game released was fun! do you recall the branded world server wide event? i do so crave to see that come back regardless if it was exclusive…bring it back! that had pizzazz ! bring back the ability for us to be converted to a branded and attack the living characters!