The Challenge Arena

The Challenge Arena

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

What about a Challenge arena?

Imagine this: the best team would “own” the challenge arena, and try to hold it for as long as they can by winning matches agaisnt teams that challenged them.

The longer they hold it (based on the number of matches played), the better rewards they get.
If they lose a match, the winning team claims the Challenge Arena and the cycle repeats.

This could encourage more competitivity and, unlike Team Arena, become sort of “The Holy Grail” of PvP, similar to Heroes Ascent but much more simplified, where the Team holding the Challenge Arena would be the best team at that moment!

We could even link this with PvE, like in GW1, where a Team holding the Challenge Arena would gain god’s favour (in GW2 this could be something like: Ectoplasmatic Essence), granting access to certain instances/fractals.

What do you think about this?

The Challenge Arena

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

You made a crucial mistake. Mentioned GW1. So forget it.

But a HA would definitely help the GW2 PvP scene a lot. Would solve rewards, progression, motivation, variety and in 1 que.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

The Challenge Arena

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

That sounds kinda fun.

What if the team was AFK or not online and challengers come along? And each realm will only have one of this challenge arena? Or should it be something like custom arenas, buy one of these challenge arenas, make a name for yourself, and get challengers that way? Might be best if there was some way for ANET to make moneys here.

The Challenge Arena

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

You made a crucial mistake. Mentioned GW1.

Immediately denied and tagged by ANet to be ignored indefinitely.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

The Challenge Arena

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I’ve heard about HA before, and although I believe that it was explained with a big pinch of nostalgia (by WP), it sounded absolutely amazing as a kind of a “secondary” game mode.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…