The Condi-Meta? Give me a break

in PvP

Posted by: Crab Fear.1624

Crab Fear.1624

Not much has really changed. A few skills for a few professions had some changes, but the damage was practically always there. People right now are out test driving the skills, but realistically flipping around as a thief is boring and since rev lost it’s real power it is boring all together.
Surprise mes got more condi boost, but it took hit elsewhere.

in PvP

Crab Fear.1624

oh in case you m issed it copied it from the original post, the condi boosts

Elementalist

• Glyph of Elemental Power: Reduced recharge to 25 seconds. Now gives 5 charges instead of using a 5-second cooldown interval. Decreased duration to 25 seconds. Reduced burning duration to 1 stack for 3 seconds. Changed crippled condition to 1 stack of bleeding for 6 seconds. Changed weakness condition to 4 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.

Mesmer

• Phantasmal Berserker: This skill now fires a boomerang projectile that inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability for 3 seconds in addition to summoning a phantasm.
  • Phantasmal Rogue: This skill now performs an attack that applies 1 stack of confusion and 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds in addition to summoning a phantasm.

Necromancer

• Plague (Elite): This skill has been reworked and has been renamed to Plaguelands.
  • Plaguelands: This skill creates a 240-radius corrupted area at the necromancer’s initial location for 10 seconds. After 1 second, it pulses damage and conditions in that area for 9 seconds. Each pulse applies a new condition, and each pulse applies all conditions from every pulse before it. Conditions applied (in order) are: bleeding, poison, torment, vulnerability, cripple, weakness, blind, chill, and burning. Recharge is set to 120 seconds.
  • Epidemic: This ability now fires slow-arcing projectiles from its initial target to up to 5 targets in range. Foes hit by the projectiles gain all conditions from the original Epidemic target. Projectile strikes are unblockable but cannot critically hit. Increased radius to 900.

Revenant

• Misery Swipe: Torment duration has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Anguish Swipe: Torment duration has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Manifest Toxin: The number of poison stacks applied has been increased from 1 to 2.
  • Echoing Eruption: This skill is no longer able to multistrike targets. Torment duration has been increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds. Torment stacks applied have been increased from 3 to 5. This skill will no longer automatically track the revenant’s target and will instead fire the skill forward.
  • Frigid Blitz: This skill now applies the slow condition for 2 seconds in addition to its other effects. The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Temporal Rift: In addition to its current effects, this skill now applies 3 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds to enemies that are currently using a skill when struck by it.
  • Frigid Precision: This trait has been replaced by Abyssal Chill. Abyssal Chill causes you to inflict torment when you chill a foe.

Thief

• Choking Gas: Increased damage by 200%. This skill now briefly dazes foes with 5 or more stacks of poison every pulse. The same foe cannot be dazed more than once every second.
  • Potent Poison: In addition to its previous effect, this trait now increases the number of stacks of poison applied by other Deadly Arts traits.
  • Panic Strike: In addition to its previous effect, this trait now causes you to apply 1 stack of poison for 4 seconds to foes that you immobilize.
  • Panic Strike: Immobilize duration has been reduced from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.

in PvP

Crab Fear.1624

Some changes, and a little more versatility…not a META changer…the car is not that impressive.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Necromancer

• Plague (Elite): This skill has been reworked and has been renamed to Plaguelands.
  • Plaguelands: This skill creates a 240-radius corrupted area at the necromancer’s initial location for 10 seconds. After 1 second, it pulses damage and conditions in that area for 9 seconds. Each pulse applies a new condition, and each pulse applies all conditions from every pulse before it. Conditions applied (in order) are: bleeding, poison, torment, vulnerability, cripple, weakness, blind, chill, and burning. Recharge is set to 120 seconds.
  • Epidemic: This ability now fires slow-arcing projectiles from its initial target to up to 5 targets in range. Foes hit by the projectiles gain all conditions from the original Epidemic target. Projectile strikes are unblockable but cannot critically hit. Increased radius to 900.

And now tell us how any of this is a buff for necromancers in pvp?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

and for mesmer LOL you meant nerf to IR …..

but yes most out there testing condi builds
yesterday 7 ranked fight each were versus 3-4 condi builds (engi, ranger, thief, guard, mesmer, necro and warrior)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Necromancer

Lol, Plaguelands is such a bad skill for PvP. I’ve met some Reaper’s trying it out, and it is as simple as not standing in it, wasting their entire elite skill. Not sure why anyone would ever take this over “Chilled to the Bone”.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necromancer

Lol, Plaguelands is such a bad skill for PvP. I’ve met some Reaper’s trying it out, and it is as simple as not standing in it, wasting their entire elite skill. Not sure why anyone would ever take this over “Chilled to the Bone”.

PvE? It’s pretty good. WvW, it has some rare uses. PvP? It’s garbage. Complete and utter garbage.

Ever since I used it the first time in Lion’s Arch on patch day, I knew it would never see my PvP skill bar.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Necromancer

PvE? It’s pretty good. WvW, it has some rare uses. PvP? It’s garbage. Complete and utter garbage.

Ever since I used it the first time in Lion’s Arch on patch day, I knew it would never see my PvP skill bar.

It really lost a lot of utility compared to the old plague form where you could use it to buy time or plague stomp. At the very least Plaguelands should pulse stability on the Necro, and even if it did that it would still be less useful than the old version.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Revenant condi is good now, but they’re still not the best class in this meta.
Necromancers got a huge nerf with Plagueland. That skill don’t grant any good advantage, unless in 4v4 and only if the full enemy team don’t see your pulsing elite for at last 5 seconds (when it finally start to become dangerous). in 1v1-2v2 is pure garbage.

The meta is still direct damage and more or less nothing changed. only warriors got a nerf and maybe guardians. But they’re still good.
The only change in this meta will be the revenant finally useful. And maybe it will take the place of the necromancer in tournament teams as a boon remover and condition spammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

Revenant condi is good now, but they’re still not the best class in this meta.
Necromancers got a huge nerf with Plagueland. That skill don’t grant any good advantage, unless in 4v4 and only if the full enemy team don’t see your pulsing elite for at last 5 seconds (when it finally start to become dangerous). in 1v1-2v2 is pure garbage.

The meta is still direct damage and more or less nothing changed. only warriors got a nerf and maybe guardians. But they’re still good.
The only change in this meta will be the revenant finally useful. And maybe it will take the place of the necromancer in tournament teams as a boon remover and condition spammer.

power rev is still better than condi aand power is not in meta so condi has no chance .

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Mesmer got a condi buff to their downed skill #3, the phantasmal berserker projectile now makes the skill reveal you, and then there is that nerf to illusionary reversion…