The Conquest Meta

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: ricky.2679

ricky.2679

Elementalist and Engineer the 2 classes with the most area of effect skills are dominating the meta. We fight each other on small circles. And we have to hold these circles to win the game.

It’s not celestial or might stacking that is the reason these classes are the best. It’s simply the fact that everything else that could counter the Conquest Meta has been nerfed by Arenanet to make way for Esports.

Instead of a power based twitch reaction time meta we have an abundance of conditions and passive gameplay. We have area of effect skills ticking away on a point. We have Bunker Specs putting out enough damage to kill players.

Why is this? Because Arenanet has slowly nerfed burst damage and replaced critical damage with ferocity. Now instead of dodging power based attacks with well timed evades we have classes running max AOE condition bunkers.

These classes are dominating because other classes cannot bring enough sustain to compete with them. They are kings of conditions and AOE at the same time with the best ability to stack might.

You want to know why this game isn’t an ESport Arenanet? Because you catered too much to casuals and made this game too simple. If we had Monks they at least could heal the other classes without sustain directly instead of them slowly dying to AOE and conditions.

I call this game Gank Wars 2 and there’s a simple reason why. Immobilise stacking, Stun/Daze chaining and CC spam is neverending and only certain classes have enough Stability or condition removals to escape.

There is a general lack of sustain and too much dps (both conditions and power). What is the counter to DPS? Nothing…but in GuildWars 1 it was a Monk and that is why this game lacks depth. Dodge rolls aren’t a replacement for healing and protection that a monk class would offer.

This post is not meant to offend anyone. It is simply my opinion on the current state of the game and I welcome all discussion and opinions about the meta.

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This rant is so politically wrong that.. idk where to start..

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

This rant is so politically wrong that.. idk where to start..

Start here (below)

Elementalist and

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I thought the meta is: 4x daily heroes + you.

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

with the upcoming cele nerf, things should be pretty good. also cant wait for new game mode and expansion.

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The OP is actually correct about the end result, but wrong about the intent. I doubt ANET said to themselves “Hey, let’s dumb down the game”.

The issue in general is that when ANET makes a balance mistake, it takes them way too long to fix it. We’ve all known about the problems with ele and engi for quite some time now. Why does it take ANET so long to do something about it?

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

with the upcoming cele nerf, things should be pretty good. also cant wait for new game mode and expansion.

I LOLed so much at this -9000 to you and +1 to OP ’s overall idea but he lacks the details.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

The OP is actually correct about the end result, but wrong about the intent. I doubt ANET said to themselves “Hey, let’s dumb down the game”.

This is exactly what they’ve said over and over and over again.

GW1 had too many skills to balance. So they went with weapon “sets.”

The beginning zones were too confusing for new players. So they went with NPE.

etc. etc. etc.

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Um no.

Elementalist, Engineer, and to a lesser extend warrior are so common because they can do everything as well or better than other professions and builds which only do some of that. They’re just too good. And thief is there because it can move around the map and burst much better than anyone else.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

The Conquest Meta

in PvP

Posted by: ricky.2679

ricky.2679

Let this double as an I quit pvp post. It’s obvious this game will never improve and there’s many other games that aren’t grindy kitten MMOs to spend my time on. Thanks for the fun and great memories from GW1 Anet. Shame you sold out to a corporation like the rest of them.