Attachments:

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

The Dawn of a New Age is Coming...

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

We must mentally prepare ourselves…

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Welcome back to the zerker meta that anet allegedly wanted to change. There will no longer be skilled gameplay. Just land your combo first and be the winner.

Skill is dead, all hail the mighty faceroll.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Anet changed it because people were complaining about the game being too fast paced and people getting exploded from out of nowhere. Then they changed the bunker meta because matches never went anywhere. Good on them for taking a tenderizing hammer to the meta.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

So now we’re back to the nuke meta which means no progress made in 3 years. GG.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Lol doubt thieves will be more then a +1 class in the upcoming meta people are calling for nerfs already

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: Quintoozla.7893

Quintoozla.7893

Welcome back to the zerker meta that anet allegedly wanted to change. There will no longer be skilled gameplay. Just land your combo first and be the winner.

So playing a chronobunker snoozefest is skillful? “Oh you got the chrono down. NP mate second chronocrap to the rescue. 3 guys cleaving NP. Thanks for the ress bro.”
But i do give props for the multitasking. I find it hard to play, eat a sandwhich and watch Friends at the same time.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I paid in (buying HoT for two accounts ) to have a competitive Mesmer.

ANET just arbitrarily ended that. Apparently, they did it at the behest of the Pro players. On the stream today, both “sunfish” and “rom” complained about Mesmer. Sunfish even went so far as to say he was glad mesmer was gone.

I feel anet disrespected me by selling me HoT then arbitrarily gimping my class into the ground. To add insult to injury it was done to please pro players.

There is no skill whatever in sneaking behind someone and hammering the buttons with your face to do your burst combo. This is precisely what we’re going to see. I predict that Rangers will come out of this very well… I wish them the nerf hammer 100 times over.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

More of the QQ threads, thieves will still be decap/+1 since you know still no solid defense to stand on a point and fight in the Aoe spam everyone else has, yeah they can burst and escape, but Guardians Hard counter them, and most of the thief QQ threads are from Mesmers, (btw I play both equally) Mesmers compare themselves to the thief role yet they bring a lot more team utility than thieves could ever imagine, and QQ for nerfs.

Both should be viable, yes Anets preview is a huge Heavy handed nerf as it stands with the preview for Mesmer, they should have been a little more conservative in their “shave” as they call it, they even say they want Thieves to be hard hitters that are highly mobile. Wait till they release the full notes before the doom and gloom.

A lot of classes will be able to eat thieves alive after patch, thieves will be able to kill other classes if they get the jump on them, mostly as a +1 because of all the sustain.

End rant

in PvP

lloydst.6985

ANET just arbitrarily ended that. Apparently, they did it at the behest of the Pro players. On the stream today, both “sunfish” and “rom” complained about Mesmer. Sunfish even went so far as to say he was glad mesmer was gone.

I feel anet disrespected me by selling me HoT then arbitrarily gimping my class into the ground. To add insult to injury it was done to please pro players.

Honestly why would you want to keep this unbalanced kitten learn 2 play other classes and dont blame a net for buying HOT for 2 accounts

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I hate pay to win, says playerbase. Anet then fixes the game by nerfing op (rev op, mes op, scrap op, reap iffy but strong, etc) and its “I paid you to make me strong, how dare you disrespect me”. Lol. Gotta love this stuff.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

All the mesmers and eles crying?! What about Necro and Guardian, in the Beta’s they were the best, always, and they nerfed it to the ground, after release! Now Anet nerf Mesmer and Ele to match up with other classes, and now you are crying like little kittens.
Why are you not crying to give the guardians back the original health pool, and to Necros the original leap skill, and to have boons in shroud mode from team mates.. how about that? Will it please you?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

They aren’t nerfing ele and Mesmer to match. They are nerfing both right out of the meta. It is very clear from today’s “On Point” stream that;

1. The pro players are being appeased. “Sunfish” openly expressed that he wanted mesmer gone and “rom” said the same thing with a little more circumspection.

2. Mesmer and quite probably Ele are no longer expected to be played competitively.

3. ANET sold Hot based on the new classes, then proceeded to trash mesmer. I want my HoT money back.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

There is no skill whatever in sneaking behind someone and hammering the buttons with your face to do your burst combo. This is precisely what we’re going to see. I predict that Rangers will come out of this very well… I wish them the nerf hammer 100 times over.

Try a thief for yourself. To benefit from many traits you need to officially evade an attack, meaning the word appears so you need to evade in very specific windows to proc healing and vigor. Also keep in mind that dagger/dagger has poor utility and reveal is a source of counterplay. You also need to pay close attention to animations to properly time your moves.

Mesmer also isn’t getting pushed out of the meta, it is the only class with an alacrity field and portal enabling quick group travel from one node to another.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

They aren’t nerfing ele and Mesmer to match. They are nerfing both right out of the meta. It is very clear from today’s “On Point” stream that;

1. The pro players are being appeased. “Sunfish” openly expressed that he wanted mesmer gone and “rom” said the same thing with a little more circumspection.

2. Mesmer and quite probably Ele are no longer expected to be played competitively.

3. ANET sold Hot based on the new classes, then proceeded to trash mesmer. I want my HoT money back.

A net didnt sell hot on the specialization’s the sold it on end game content the reason they nerfed both ele and mesmers is because they are extremely OP

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The specializations ARE the end game content. Be real, most players can’t get into high level fractals or raids. I can’t get into raids in full ascended armor and trinkets with mixed ascended and exotic weapons. That is not considered good enough despite my legendary torch.

As to being extremely OP. I think the issue was that Mesmer has been trash tier for years and people were upset when the pecking order changed.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

That’s normal in a competitive game 2 mesmers are necessary or you loose? They were in God mode, but they didn’t nerf it from release, but they nerfed Necro asap. It was like an exploit… there was no balance.. and I think in season 2 ppl will cry about thiefs, they were so bad that ppl didn’t even notice them in the game.. now they will die against thief and they will cry like kittens, will require nerf… and they will say there is no balance..

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

So playing a chronobunker snoozefest is skillful? “Oh you got the chrono down. NP mate second chronocrap to the rescue. 3 guys cleaving NP. Thanks for the ress bro.”
But i do give props for the multitasking. I find it hard to play, eat a sandwhich and watch Friends at the same time.

I thought they preferred mystery/thrillers so they have something to pay attention to? ;p

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

UHM Mesmer got two emergency nerfs to shield, when no one else did. ANET went out of it’s way to lame mesmer .. then they killed alacrity the main selling point of chronomancer by 50%. In the process extending every mesmer cooldown by close to 50%.

That is a pure assassination, not a balance. Again, since anet sold HoT to me based on the mesmer elite, then destroyed the mesmer elite.. I feel I’m owed a refund.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

lloydst.6985

UHM Mesmer got two emergency nerfs to shield, when no one else did. ANET went out of it’s way to lame mesmer .. then they killed alacrity the main selling point of chronomancer by 50%. In the process extending every mesmer cooldown by close to 50%.

That is a pure assassination, not a balance. Again, since anet sold HoT to me based on the mesmer elite, then destroyed the mesmer elite.. I feel I’m owed a refund.

Then kittening uninstall if you cant see the fact nerfs were needed to mesmers and you dont like it

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

People dont want to accept this although you are right lol, just wait for the cries after a while on the ridiculous burst meta we will soon have mark my words.
This “QQ this OP plz nerf, QQ this UP plz buff” cycle will keep repeating over and over as long as the devs keep listening to every ridiculous complaint each bad player does. You will NEVER have a competitive balanced game as long as you keep balancing around low skilled people, but the Devs have no guts so bad players first.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

Zerker meta is still better than any meta ( like healing and healing and healing, and run away run away run away meta, for example). There is adrenalin, one mistake and you are kittened, that’s the true skill! Not like being mesmer, ele or druid, eat a burger/pizza, stay in one place 1vs1, oh while eating you still wright to the opponent that you enjoy it… I really did eat in pvp ranked, and wrote to the opponents let me eat my burger..or write “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”
I want adrenalin, real battle, concentration! You know that DH, guardian, thief, engie require true concentration..?! One mistake and u die with them !

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

People dont want to accept this although you are right lol, just wait for the cries after a while on the ridiculous burst meta we will soon have mark my words.
This “QQ this OP plz nerf, QQ this UP plz buff” cycle will keep repeating over and over as long as the devs keep listening to every ridiculous complaint each bad player does. You will NEVER have a competitive balanced game as long as you keep balancing around low skilled people, but the Devs have no guts so bad players first.

I know the cycle will repeat, I am waiting when thief class gets hit again then I will rub it all over their faces.

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I know the cycle will repeat, I am waiting when thief class gets hit again then I will rub it all over their faces.

Don’t hold your breath. Anet got really careful with how they mess with thief 2 years ago. From what was told to us, thief might get back their spot on teams but they’ll not be so buffed that they’ll require the nerf bat.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Yeah right.. they haven’t got the foggiest notion…

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

All the above in mind…

This post only makes it seem like you purchased HoT after the fact (once the bunker Meta had settled out and you felt confident buying into a completely broken spec). I can’t prove this, but your overbearing sense of entitlement because “I payed to be able to play an OP spec” in your proceeding posts points heavily in that direction. You then go further to claim you ‘deserve’ a refund because your ‘right’ to be broken OP is being toned down quite a bit. Is this all satire or are you actually this selfimportant?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

You missed the point(s). For the record, I pre-purchased HoT for both accounts. I didn’t pay to be able to play an OP spec. Again for the record, I play chronoshatter and not chronobunker.

Mesmer has been in the gutter and low tier ranges for much of the past 3 years. I paid for a class that would be able to keep up in the current meta.

Therein is the problem. Is Chronobunker too strong? Probably. I think that’s debatable in comparison to Reaper and DH. Am I willing to be on par with other classes? Yes absolutely.

Unfortunately, ANET chopped Mesmer so hard it’s pretty much going to be out of the game. Even the commentators on “On Point” said as much. The Pro Players ( whose value to the game I consider very dubious at best ) gloated that Mesmer would be gone.

That is my issue. I paid to be able to use elite specializations. I did so hoping that I’d finally be able to compete as a Mesmer.

There is every evidence that ANET is deliberately kicking Mesmer out competitive play So, ANET is not delivering the product / service I paid for. That’s not right, however you slice it.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

There is every evidence that ANET is deliberately kicking Mesmer out competitive play So, ANET is not delivering the product / service I paid for. That’s not right, however you slice it.

Can you list this “every evidence”? I’d like to see how it’d stand up in a court of law

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I don’t know man…i mean look at that pic closely, especially the body language.
Two daggers held right next to his chest, the bending body position, looks like that thief is terrified and fending for his life…with little to no hope of succeeding. Heck he even turned black & white just to stand out less. yup, he knows he’s screwed.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

game should be well balanced across the game. i am warrior and and saying it. There should never be any op back again but rely on person’s own skill.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I don’t know man…i mean look at that pic closely, especially the body language.
Two daggers held right next to his chest, the bending body position, looks like that thief is terrified and fending for his life…with little to no hope of succeeding. Heck he even turned black & white just to stand out less. yup, he knows he’s screwed.

lol

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Actually chronobunker does take some skill at least in terms of rotation. For a condi necro you could you could take a wireless keyboard with you to the kitchen and make a sandwich while hitting a bunch of keys and still win

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Soon-to-be burst meta? Like the 8k backstabbing Thief or the 7k Rapid Fire Ranger or the 10k 100-0 Shatter Mesmer or the 8k Rampaging Warrior? All of these were nerfed and none of these were quite the same afterwards. The current patch is not going to reiterate what we’ve already seen.. if anything, the new patch is trying to make everyone bruiser type classes – a mix between your bunkers and zerkers.

We’ll still have those glass builds but I doubt their performances is without weaknesses, unlike the current meta we’re in. /optimistic

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: DenimChicken.8639

DenimChicken.8639

Didn’t seem like arenanet was focused on adding to thief’s defensive utility. They will most likely just be better at +1’ing now. 30% more auto attack dmg isn’t going to suddenly make the best at 1v1’ing, and they still wont be able to fight on points. And they will still be very weak in team fights by getting 100-0’d in under 2 seconds from random ae dmg.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Serious Thought

Your argument is false because based on a false premise. I have no desire to be OP. What I’m saying is that by; chopping alacrity by 50%, , destroying Well of Precognition and nerfing Sigil of Energy to uselessness, ANET has effectively broken Mesmer’s ability to compete.

That is a situation in which I was sold a product that is not what was claimed (heart of thorns , lc deliberate ). I want my money back.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

@Serious Thought

Your argument is false because based on a false premise. I have no desire to be OP. What I’m saying is that by; chopping alacrity by 50%, , destroying Well of Precognition and nerfing Sigil of Energy to uselessness, ANET has effectively broken Mesmer’s ability to compete.

That is a situation in which I was sold a product that is not what was claimed (heart of thorns , lc deliberate ). I want my money back.

Do you really? Because you can submit a ticket with your very claim and they’ll grant you a refund.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I may just do that and spend it on a B&S premium.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

So I got infracted for typing “-1 this post” to some bloke complaining about a zerker meta..

So let me put this in a more ‘constructive’ manner.

Lame bunker meta is lame. People will be running marauder and the new power prec vit toughness ammy in the next one, which isn’t even that glassy.

I will probably continue playing rabid/wanderers engi, which means all these thieves will be 1v2d anyway. They are after all one of the few classes with clear counterplay to their cleanses.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

So I got infracted for typing “-1 this post” to some bloke complaining about a zerker meta..

So let me put this in a more ‘constructive’ manner.

Lame bunker meta is lame. People will be running marauder and the new power prec vit toughness ammy in the next one, which isn’t even that glassy.

I will probably continue playing rabid/wanderers engi, which means all these thieves will be 1v2d anyway. They are after all one of the few classes with clear counterplay to their cleanses.

Agreed.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Enough cheap talk. How do you intend to fight the decap abilities of a thief? Someone from the team constantly sitting on close? because short bow+shadowstep will traverse a lot of distance, it will be hard to counter that. I expect this to be a major issue in the upcoming season.

banished from time and space

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Enough cheap talk. How do you intend to fight the decap abilities of a thief? Someone from the team constantly sitting on close? because short bow+shadowstep will traverse a lot of distance, it will be hard to counter that. I expect this to be a major issue in the upcoming season.

Nobody knows what will happen if thief gets into the tpvp meta, as this has never happened before.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: ZvolTx.3165

ZvolTx.3165

As someone who has mained and exclusively played S/P (yes, Sword Pistol) Thief since release (since its my favorite playstyle and I’m not the type to reroll to something else simply because its easier to go another route), I find it laughable that any of you think you have any right to complain about not getting to be as strong as you want to be. I want base S/P Thief to be viable, which is a pipe dream at this point, but yeah I’m sure it is so awful for your alacrity to not allow you to have as many blocks dodges and invulns as you have now so you wont have as many ways to make up for making mistakes or not playing well. Oh how hard it must be.

Zvolteh
One of 3 Base Thieves still playing the game

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP your pic is wrong, it should be scrapper x reaper.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

I have to agree,if not done carefully it might be a thing.Daredevil already has high evade/dodge uptime,if its dmg rises significantly we might see a super 1v1 class.Same would go for ele fresh air,where the air overload already has 5s CD,or warrior bursts where a melee wep hits in 400 range aoe high dmg and low CD.Condie necro the same,it might go terribly wrong against some classes.So we can just hope for carefull buffs for these classes in pvp at least.

OTAN guild,WSR server

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

That was directed at me. I replied generally as follows…

The statement is based on a false premise and is therefore not valid. I don’t want my class or any other to be OP.

When I bought HoT I did so with the expectation that Mesmer would ( finally ) be competitive. Nothing would please me better than to see a well balanced GW2.

That’s a pipe dream in all likelihood.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

That was directed at me. I replied generally as follows…

The statement is based on a false premise and is therefore not valid. I don’t want my class or any other to be OP.

When I bought HoT I did so with the expectation that Mesmer would ( finally ) be competitive. Nothing would please me better than to see a well balanced GW2.

That’s a pipe dream in all likelihood.

Mesmer is one of the few classes that has been fairly often present in the best comps in the game. If you struggled on mesmer ever its a l2p issue

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

This has been really funny since HoT launched “Omgodz DH is broken borderline OP!!! plz nerf!!! (nothing happens)….. kitten we didnt cry enough, ok lets cry with mesmer and a bit with Rev instead in hopes I magically get better at playing”
Too bad that the noob destroyer builds will always get the most attention from devs.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This thread is funny. OP, I created a tldr for you

tldr; I don’t know all the balance changes yet but I’ll start complaining now anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lmao .
You call Revenant instant condition spike + Gravity well meta skillful?
Just click some bottoms to kill a whole group of people

The funny part is this combo doesnt work on Revenant and Mesmer themselves because they have 10 times more evade/stunbreak/stability than any classes in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Anet changed it because people were complaining about the game being too fast paced and people getting exploded from out of nowhere. Then they changed the bunker meta because matches never went anywhere. Good on them for taking a tenderizing hammer to the meta.

For now, the Mesmers and Revenants Meta(adding some reaper maybe) is the most fast-pace game-play I’ve ever seen because those 2 classes can explode any classes very easily (if played well) WHILE being top tier bunky.
Miss a cc combo and you’re absolutely dead.

Revenant also can deal with ANY bunker in +1 situation because they just have the tool to deal with any situation, like power damage for diamond skin, Boon removal for Druid and condition for mesmer.
Mesmer, while being the top bunk, they also are top team fighter (double gravity well or time warp are way too OP), and also top +1 rotater (thx to portal)

(edited by Aomine.5012)