The Dragonball map is the perfect arena!

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Make an SPVP version!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

So funny cuz when I was with a friend in it we said the same thing that this would be a perfect deathmatch arena

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

so funny cuz i thought the samething. also with the skill mechanics. so everyone is equal, no balance bs

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

+ 1 vote for this suggestion.
A break from point capping would be nice as well

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in PvP

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

Dragon Ball = Unreal Tournament

it’s so much fun.

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

I feel it’s the worst thing on GW2 I’ve ever played.
It’s extremely easy and not enjoyable, they completely ruined it from GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

I will never understand why do they make this but can’t implement a fun to play pvp game mode in 9 months.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

I will never understand why do they make this but can’t implement a fun to play pvp game mode in 9 months.

Because the response is always the same. Halloween, Winter. etc. PvE’er go “Yay, its awesome”. PvP’ers go “This is lame”

The 2 game modes in halloween they said were experiments. Lots of people praised the moba one on the forums, pvpers cried that it was boring. Dev’s agreed it wasnt that fun. Game design is tricky, who knew.

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Dragon ball is easily the most fun PvP experience I had in GW2. Reasons:

1) no stealth / teleport
2) no 10000 minions/clones/pets/turrets
3) no downed state

Oh, how awesome GW2 would be if they implemented these points in normal PvP somehow…

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The cash comes from the PvE-Players. So it’s important for NC-Soft to satisfy and entertain this sort of players.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

The cash comes from the PvE-Players. So it’s important for NC-Soft to satisfy and entertain this sort of players.

+1 this. They buy the majority of stuff from the gem store, they get 100000 devs.

We get a handful, but at least they are dedicated.

in PvP

Posted by: Heser.7190

Heser.7190

1) no stealth / teleport
3) no downed state

Oh, how awesome GW2 would be if they implemented these points in normal PvP somehow…

I totally agree
plus
4) no balance problems

while (horse == dead) { beat(); }

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

1) no stealth / teleport
3) no downed state

1) There is stealth in the middle, which allows you to attack an opponent for quite a while without being seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Dragon Ball is a terrible contender for a deathmatch map. I really hope they won’t use it for that later.

Dragon Ball is an ok fun mini game, but the map is too tiny and has little variety that it grows boring quickly. The same would happen if it was SPvP deathmatch I wager.

The map wouldn’t work for normal SPvP use anyway, because there is way too much jumping required, and you can’t do much in air to begin with. As soon as you turn it into a SPvP type game, it would fall apart completely.

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

boring.. prob because the no heals, blocks, invuls, this make people feel vulnerable. and more so if they are used to fighting in stealth of behind a wall of clones.

but undeniably, this would be the most fun hotjoin map with the craziest fights, just the jump(engage/disengage) would put all classes on a more even field, and it would replace zergs with fights that can escalate too quickly! <3

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

1) no stealth / teleport
3) no downed state

there is stealth with no debuff…

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

dragonball is sad :/

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

dragonball is better pvp than gw2 pvp
super adventure box was better pve than gw2 pve
i think we seeing a trend…

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

The most fun part of Dragon Ball are the hordes of PVE players you get to blow up with fire.

I like it a lot, good mechanical skills and strategy can get you far, but ultimately it is a repetitive mini-game.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

While it’s fun it doesn’t have a lot of depth. It’s essentially a FPS with auto target turned on. The RPG elements of the current system bring a lot of depth to the combat system.

Though I wouldn’t be mad at all if down state was just gone from PVP, lots of innate balance issues hing around this mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

People are incredible…. dragon ball arena is a mini game with 0 depth, if someone prefers it to spvp he doesnt deserve to type on this subforum.
PvP needs more depth, not less, last thing we need is to have it trivialized to become totally dull.

Yet…. an idea behind this minigame would be really appreciated as a pvp mode:
a team dethmatch, with different architectural levels and different locations that can be seen from the main location, so that a team can check where the other team is going; and in each of these locations there is a buff that will require a time to commune with it, then it will give some advantages to that team or disadvantages to the other team.
We can imagine many exaples of these buffs:

Prayer to Dwayna: increase healing power by 400 and boon duration by 40% for 90 seconds.
Balthasar Strength: Both teams gains 250 power for 60 seconds after that time enemy team takes a damage equal to 20% of their max HP.
Word by Lyssa: Increase condition duration by 30% and cause a random condition on the enemy team every 15 seconds for 90 seconds.
Kormir’s blessing: increase revive speed by 20% and HP by 20% for 180 seconds
Protection of Melandru: Reduce CC duration by 40% and increase armor by 300 for 90s
Grenth’s curse: enemy team get 172 dmg every 3 seconds for 60s, healing efficiency reduced by 20%

those buffs spawn should be planned to give a chance to each team once a buff is taken. For example: after 30s spawns Balthazar strength, Team A wins the teamfight and commune with it (a voice annouce it), then both Kormir and Melandru spawns so that Team B must choose if to take Kormir buffs to negate balthazar effect and take the advantage of high speed ress in a high dps teamfight or try to stop team A that might go to Melandru buff.
This way lots of teamfights will happen, granting bonus to the winning team, but at the same time providing a choise to the defeated one.

The map should be designed like a ring with circular rooms (sort of altars of the gods) for each buff, and each room connected to a central one so that a team can decide to take the faster way…. but they might incur in the other team doing the same.

….this would be so epic….. yeh yeh i know, i’ll keep dreaming :\

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

ANet would be missing out on a free opportunity for a new game-mode if they don’t do it.

They don’t have to think about it for weeks and balance it either; throw it out there and exchange the Upgrades with simple Buffs (there are good suggestions here).

But for gods sake keep the downed-mode in it!

—> Maybe the Map would simply not work, but it’s worth a try if it literally would take no time to get this Map into sPvP. It doesn’t need to be perfect right out of the gate, it doesn’t need to be a tournament-Map etc. but at least give it a quick try.

If the reactions are very positive, then you can start thinking about balancing it, but why not just NOT overthink things and throw it out there? ANet tends to overthink sPvP a bit too much atm. they really DON’T want to make quick balance-changes, they DON’T want to put out new Game-Modes because theres a chance that they won’t work.

Well, here you have a chance to make sth. happen quick and easy and articulate it as that to the Community. No1 would say that ANet is bad because the Game-Mode doesn’t work and they could even pull the Map after a Week if it’s a hopeless cause. But there is a chance it could be fun, so why not?

Just advertise it as a fun minigame and see what happens!

I can’t come up with a single reason why they wouldn’t do it, but I still have doubts that ANet will do this, because of the way they deal with PvP-Issues. It’s normally a good approach not to be hasty with decisions, but ANet is in terms of PvP on a whole other level where it actually gets contraproductive: It takes wayyyy too long to see changes, because they don’t want to experiment a little. Well, a little experimenation isn’t bad, who cares if Eles would be imba and broken on the Map, you don’t need to balance PvP around the Mode, JUST THROW IT OUT THERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

*Edit: ANet kinda reminds me of an overprotective Mother that doesn’t want their Kids to be endangered so they don’t let them out to play and explore, just to realize that in 10 years, they’ll have a Kid with the social competence of a Potato…. :P

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I like it that they put in some items to pick up, which (usually) promotes tactical play. What we have in Dragon Ball arena might not be the perfect example, but I’m happy they’re improvising with that. They should do that more I think. This game’s pvp is very action orientated, so they might as well go further down that road.

I’ve been a long time Quake player, and team deathmatch in that game is a good example of how pick-up items could also work in GW2. Fights over quad-damage, mega health and armors were always quite tactical there, and controlling the right part of the map at the right time and sneaking around searching for medpacks made for a very dynamic match. Anet has already tried something in that manner in Temple of the Silent Storm map with those buffs spawning, so i’d like to encourage them to do some more of such stuff. With some improvements Temple of the Silent Storm could become the best tourney map, as it was also mentioned in the last SOTG.

(edited by samo.1054)

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

It reminded me a lot of wow’s sewer arena for some reason, but the scenario is fun yeah.

On another topic, I wish there was a way for us to customize our heart of the mists area. It’s so colorful as it is now, I do not want it to go back to the shadowy and blunt way that it normally is.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

milo.6942

People are incredible…. dragon ball arena is a mini game with 0 depth, if someone prefers it to spvp he doesnt deserve to type on this subforum.
PvP needs more depth, not less, last thing we need is to have it trivialized to become totally dull.

i strongly disagree
pvp atm is too complicated, too many moving parts, too many hidden procs, too much spam. there is a difference between depth and complexity. we have lots of complexity, but not enough depth. dragonball is refreshing because it’s so simple. it’s not a good replacement for pvp, but i was trying to hint to the devs that they need to make a pvp “redux” where all the stats and traits and equipment is removed or normalized, and then give interesting skills that give lots of depth. only then we will have: 1) accessible & 2) deep pvp.

in PvP

cuge.5398

what u are suggesting is a total rebuilding of the game, just forget it, it will never happen.

in PvP

milo.6942

what u are suggesting is a total rebuilding of the game, just forget it, it will never happen.

yes you are right

in PvP

cuge.5398

What i was dreaming in my previous post its still something different from capture the point mode, its more based on teamfights, more similar to what gw1 pvp was, and its not impossible to realize at all, yet, i’m afraid it will stay a dream :\

in PvP

Posted by: Ever Green.5842

Ever Green.5842

So agreed… Hopeless, I think :x

Rykerël – Elementalist – Vizunah Square

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Why?

Just throw it out there, they don’t need to balance the game around it, but just let us try stuff out for the odd possibility that it works out phenomenally and warrants further balancing. Just let us take our PvP-chars with all the skills, traits, runes etc. into the Map and change the Buffs so they give Points or Stat-Boosts and then just let us play with it.

Maybe it works out well and ANet sees that it’s a good Game-Mode that needs no balancing that would conflict with the balancing of the Conquest-Mode or maybe it could be solved with simple adjustments to the Map.

Why not give it a try?

They don’t need to force it to work if it wasn’t meant to be, but maybe the Gods are gracious and everything falls in place, all the Planets aline etc. and it simply works! ^^’

in PvP

cuge.5398

Why?

Just throw it out there, they don’t need to balance the game around it, but just let us try stuff out for the odd possibility that it works out phenomenally and warrants further balancing. Just let us take our PvP-chars with all the skills, traits, runes etc. into the Map and change the Buffs so they give Points or Stat-Boosts and then just let us play with it.

Maybe it works out well and ANet sees that it’s a good Game-Mode that needs no balancing that would conflict with the balancing of the Conquest-Mode or maybe it could be solved with simple adjustments to the Map.

Why not give it a try?

They don’t need to force it to work if it wasn’t meant to be, but maybe the Gods are gracious and everything falls in place, all the Planets aline etc. and it simply works! ^^’

I was responding to Milo.

Anyway that map wont be any good for competitive pvp, it just isnt designed for it and wont work. It isnt a matter of trying it out, its a matter that they dont want to put in another pvp mode, dont ask me why….

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yup, I told ya they need a JP type PvP map. The dragonball map reminds me of Quake3. If there was a new shooter game that had quake playstyle, I sure wouldn’t be playing this game that’s for sure.

So sick of CoD, Halo, etc. I like those arena type shooters not those “your a soldier go get em games”