The Future of Academy Gaming Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Hi everyone, Storm here once again talking about AG’s future in GW2.

First off, I want to apologize about the last few weeks that I’ve been unable to stream due to Internet issues I’m still working out.

That being said, the final AG weekly will be on November 30th and will be open to literally anyone and everyone to play as a free agent or team. Pro Leaguers are welcome to play as full 5-man teams as I would like to have this final weekly event go out with a strong showing that I will 100% stream.

AG is coming up on 97 weeks tonight, but unfortunately I’ve had to cancel this week’s and next week’s events due to preparation for other things I’m currently involved in. If you’re interested in signing up for the real week 97 which will now be on November 30th, here is the link (https://battlefy.com/academy-gaming/na-ag-weekly-97/5823ddfa7e7c694203de6f92/info).

I have a lot of exciting things for my casting future starting soon which causes me to end this weekly event. I am still happy to say I will be running 1-2 events per month on Saturdays without any player restrictions. These dates are undetermined but will be on Battlefy at least 1 week beforehand with the same prizing as a weekly.

The AG Weekly has been a pleasure to host for nearly two years now and is what got me into commentating. So thanks to everyone who has played, watched, and supported my events. A huge shoutout to Josh who has always helped me keep these alive with prizing and promotion!

Keep an eye on http://battlefy.com/academy-gaming for future GW2 events (there will be at least 1 in December!).

Let me know if anyone has questions regarding the future events I’ll be running or anything else here. Thanks!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

f

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

ty storm so much KappaPride

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I dont play gw2 anymore but thanks is in order, thank you storm.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: AirWick.1769

AirWick.1769

Yeah I was there when AG weeklies first started. Good job Storm! Anet doesn’t deserve players that put time and effort to host events for the GW2 community. Storm does it anyways despite that. GW2 needs more players like these to step up and bring more to the community.

So, even when Anet blows at their own game. The players in GW2 step up and show Anet how GW2 is really done!

in PvP

Posted by: LokreN.7698

LokreN.7698

The community owes you for all the time and effort you’ve put into these events. Thanks for everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Good luck. Your devotion to GW2 and it’s community was admirable and undeserved.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in PvP

Posted by: Snaffled.3298

Snaffled.3298

BibleThump x 20

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

Can we have a moment of silence for all the gems that will never get deliver.
Also, thanks storm for helping me rise to gw2 memeship

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.6294

Hannibal.6294

AGs coulda been so much more than they are, if only devs took the time to advertise it in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Thnx storm
I remember your first time shout casting like it was yesterday. they grow up so fast.
gl with your career

Katsumi

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Thank you for your dedication.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Thank you storm!You’ve done more for the community than anyone and your hard work is much appreciated by the community.
It wasn’t until I won an ag before I decided I could try going pro and 2 months later I ended up @LAN all cuz of you’re tournaments.
Much thanks much love <3

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

thank you storm

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

if only i hadnt overextended on legacy we couldve gone to boston and u wouldve never shoutcasted 8’^)

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: biggerbang.5427

biggerbang.5427

I never had time to particpate in these tournaments, but it was pretty dope to see you host them.
Good luck in your casting career, maybe we will see you in the big leagues like BLU.
I also won my first gem giveaway from you, I’ll take a couple more of those kthx

DanReborn

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

Dope. Thanks for running AG for so long, Storm. I’ve said this a few times, before, I think, but I super appreciate what you do for GW2, and you don’t get nearly enough credit for it. Props, homie.

competitive ele guyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Thanks for time you’ve spent running AG, Storm! Good luck man!

in PvP

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

Thank you Storm.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Thanks for all you have done for this community and for just being an all around generally nice guy. I am glad to hear that your casting career is going places and I hope it keeps going further.

in PvP

Posted by: dustydawg.3105

dustydawg.3105

rip

guildwooorz2

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words!

I’ll definitely still be around and casting the game as much as I can. Hope to see you all tune in!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

Attachments:

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You did a great job with that.
I played in it once, was great fun.

Taking a break until the next xpac, we’ll see if it’s any good for competitive gametypes.