The Future of GW2 SPvP

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

These are some of the features I think should be in SPvP to make it viable for competitive PvP / be able to pull in massive amounts of people.

I think that there should be a separate light weight Free client for SPvP. People who bought the game should see no difference and should be able to join games like they do now.

Right now to be honest a separate client would not work. There’s no way for Anet to make money from SPvP only players. To fix this problem I believe that they should roll out exclusive armor sets that can only be bought with gems for SPvP players. There should be more ways for people to earn gems in SPvP so that really dedicated people don’t have to pay for the armor sets with real money but they still need to spend a lot of time playing to be able to unlock the armor sets.

They could make it so that every game gives gems but make it so that you have to unlock other Professions for the Free to Play accounts. That would open up more options for Free to Play players to be able to buy access to all professions and a quick way for Anet to make some money from that too.

The separate light weight client would not have to be in the training map like in the current client but would be a bit like League of Legends client where setting up your armor, weapons and talents would all be in simple tabs.

Reasons for doing this is to make the client as light weight as possible. If people want to test their build or abilities on the dummies and AI there should be the ability to join the training area that is currently already in the game.

The benefits of being able to do all of the setup in a light weight client UI instead of inside the in game training area are pretty great. You would not have to have a huge client download which helps a lot of people who just want to PvP without all of the rest of the game to download which would make it a bit easier to setup in competitions. Also the GUI could be setup in a simplistic and not overwhelming way so you could play with builds, armor and weapons easily.

I think that more people would play the “Tournament” version of SPvP if they set up a system where you could join a Queue to fill holes in pre-made groups that is completely automated. This would make it so that people could play with friends who want to be on the same team while finding an extra person or two quickly.

I think that this would remove the apprehension of having to pay $60 for a PvP game there you don’t even know that you will like or not while opening the game up to massive amounts of people and money.

This is just something I’ve seen as trends in the current setup in other popular PVP games. LoL etc.

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Naw they need spvp armor and weapons to be tied into pve sets or spvp/tpvp will die.

PvE players and casuals and WvW types have zero reason to do pvp right now.

I really hate to be one of those GW1 is better but there are a few things they did smart in that game. Your PvE char could step into pvp with your elite pve skins and dyes. You could also farm z-keys to get skins/drops for your pve chars.

It not a good thing that a team is all blue or all red and the pve gear you worked for cant be used in PvP….. Think it does not matter? think again this is an MMO the vast majority of people like putting work into at least one toon and using that toon in PvP time to time.

GW2 is not one game right now its this good pve and wvw game with this stupid disconnected side game called pvp.

I love gear being equal in Guild Wars no need to grind for the best stats just to pvp…. its what made me play the game after I quit WoW….. you know what happened I ended up liking the game so much I made a PvE toon even paid for skins and heros because I knew I could eventually use my PvE toon in RA HA etc.

The game modes cant be disconnected not in a MMO it will fail in the long run…. not the game the pve side and wvw is fun the tpvp side will fail Anet will beat their heads against the wall trying to ‘fix’ it but nothing will work unless there is a tie in to PvE toons even if its just Armor Weapon skins and dyes.

Mark my words no tie in with pve/wvw players toons = dead pvp game.

Now I’m not in sales, but I would guess its a good idea to know your customers. It does not take much to get people to pvp no need for stats boost GW1 proved that just new skins a title and some gear of the exact same stats as all other level 20 gear. Great model for a game groundbreaking really. Like the first star wars…. dont kitten it up like Lucas did.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Misiek.7325

Misiek.7325

I completely agree, if you play pvp in mmo you still want something from it for your toon. I would be ok with some skins or dyes or a mini. I will probably play pvp because i like to beat all those that say necro is weak but if i had something more than just satisfaction it would be really cool.

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Morthan.5439

Morthan.5439

As long as the stats remain the same for everyone than I dont realy care what’s the looks. But I think you can transmute pvp items to take the looks of pve items as well, but I’m not sure though.

Norn Guardian
Circle of Nine [CoN] / http://c9-gaming.eu
Augury Rock[FR]

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

they should make paid tournaments available to more players because the way it is right now hardcore gamers can´t play, too. Just waited from 12-18 o´clock and not a single paid went open.

rangers are still not viable and rally on stomp adds too much luck to the game, because teleport downstates that cant be stability stomped are just too overpowered, they are simply not balanced.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

The Future of GW2 SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

Mark my words no tie in with pve/wvw players toons = dead pvp game.

Thats why I stated that you should be getting more GEMS for doing SPvP. Gems are universal for all 3 game modes.

As far as getting your equipment from PvE to SPvP. I don’t think it matters that much specially if they actually do what needs to be done and split the game and make SPvP free to play like I said. If they make the SPvP part free it opens it up to everyone and will make it so that you can actually have good number of people for some great competition.