The Giant Elephant in the Room

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

By not letting us do anything other than AFK in the mists while waiting for a queue to pop, you’ve essentially gutted the concurrent PvP population by a significant portion.

There are many people that previously enjoyed doing PvE, WvW, or even hotjoins/dueling servers while waiting for queue to pops. Now we can do none of these things. It is 100% shortsighted and only hurting your competitive game model.

in PvP

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

But once somebody missed a queue because they were in a loading screen, so that makes it okay.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

But once somebody missed a queue because they were in a loading screen, so that makes it okay.

Yea but there’s an easy solution to that. Drop them from the queue, and don’t give them dishonor. There should seriously not be a dishonor stack for missing the queue. Am I expected to hold my pee til I see the queue pop when it could be anywhere from 10s to 10 minutes?

(edited by Acandis.3250)

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

In my entire history of spvp, I have never once been able to Q up, enter hotjoin and complete a match before the Q popped.

Dueling on the other hand (while waiting for a Q pop) was definitely a thing… and while its sort of disappointing that it is not possible anymore….. nothing was really lost besides meaningless horseplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

it’s ok, they fixed matchmaking so now after 45 mins we can win 500-0 but just be careful when the implement dishonor for not accepting qpops…

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Has the number of concurrent players in hot join reduced?

Yes…but you know what? The reduced population is largely players who just joined for a few minutes before dropping into a queued game, so the overall effect is largely a more balanced hot join experience.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

In my entire history of spvp, I have never once been able to Q up, enter hotjoin and complete a match before the Q popped.

Dueling on the other hand (while waiting for a Q pop) was definitely a thing… and while its sort of disappointing that it is not possible anymore….. nothing was really lost besides meaningless horseplay.

While this is true, you could’t finish a match before the Q popped; I did it just for practice. I might have just been trying out some different things in hotjoin (since it doesn’t count for anything anyway). Dueling. as there are many threads on this already would be good to have while you wait. Since there is dishonor I say let us out into the world while waiting on Ques. If they don’t accept then everyone else gets pushed back into Q. Some people are caught in loading screens and that is why they don’t accept; well that is their problem and if they know they might get dishonor they should be loading in an out of maps. Get to where u wanna be, Q up and don’t go anywhere. It is THEIR problem is they get dishonor due to this and the rest of us shouldn’t be shackled down.

I personally like to wander and buy stuff from vendors or whatever while I wait. Or slowly make my way somewhere in between matches to get something done. I don’t have a loading issue, but if I did, It would be ME taking the risk; and ME getting punished.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I think the main reason why ANet requires us to be in HotM to queue up is to prevent people from ragequitting and not coming back. If you were in the PvE world before you queued up, logged out while in a PvP match, and logged back in, the system was more often than not unable to put you back into the match. This happened for both hotjoin and Solo/TeamQ. People in the PvE world could just quit and go on their merry way.

If you’re in HotM and relog while in a match, you are put back into that match. This has really helped with the 4v5 problems we were having before. Even if the person quit, came back, and just AFK’d for the match, he still will have dishonor and you can file a support ticket if it keeps happening.

As for the hotjoin problem, you will almost never finish a match before your q is up. This means you have to leave and creates an imbalance in the hotjoin match. While it isn’t as crucial since its hotjoin, players still find it frustrating to fight a 4v5, 3v5, or even 2v5 in hotjoin.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The queue pops so fast now (not that this is entirely good) that it doesn’t seem to matter much.

in PvP

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

By not letting us do anything other than AFK in the mists while waiting for a queue to pop, you’ve essentially gutted the concurrent PvP population by a significant portion.

There are many people that previously enjoyed doing PvE, WvW, or even hotjoins/dueling servers while waiting for queue to pops. Now we can do none of these things. It is 100% shortsighted and only hurting your competitive game model.

I concurr. I agree with you 100%.

Are you Shpongled?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

If they let you queue from anywhere, you should automatically be yanked from whatever you are doing and put right into the match you queued up for.

Otherwise, it’ll create 4×5s or longer Q times waiting for people to “just finish up real quick this thing I am doing”.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Ye, They could have fixed it to just push you into the match no matter where you were. If you log out and join another character he is loaded into the match even if he is not in HoTM. Can just lock the account in and there would’t be that problem.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Getting dishonor for not accepting a que is kinda meh…
I’ve had tons of people in group in TS not accept a QuePoP cause they didn’t hear the sound.. so because they made an honest mistake they get dishonor? :/

Who came up with this completely unnecessary mechanic…

ALSO Please Give us back our mystic forge.. put it in some far away area not near a way point, and it won’t compete with your Gem sales…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I think the main reason why ANet requires us to be in HotM to queue up is to prevent people from ragequitting and not coming back. If you were in the PvE world before you queued up, logged out while in a PvP match, and logged back in, the system was more often than not unable to put you back into the match. This happened for both hotjoin and Solo/TeamQ. People in the PvE world could just quit and go on their merry way.

I think the reason they force players in HotM is simply to make it look like their one PvP mode is well populated. In fact, I believe all these changes are simply to make it feel as if there’s tons of PvP’ers active within the community and to force players to team in hopes of more competition in their little tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Yea but there’s an easy solution to that. Drop them from the queue, and don’t give them dishonor. There should seriously not be a dishonor stack for missing the queue. Am I expected to hold my kitten til I see the queue pop when it could be anywhere from 10s to 10 minutes?

Honestly. What is wrong with holding your kitten?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yea but there’s an easy solution to that. Drop them from the queue, and don’t give them dishonor. There should seriously not be a dishonor stack for missing the queue. Am I expected to hold my kitten til I see the queue pop when it could be anywhere from 10s to 10 minutes?

Honestly. What is wrong with holding your kitten?

That seems like a perfectly normal and cool way to pass the time while waiting for a queue pop if you ask me!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

it’s ok, they fixed matchmaking so now after 45 mins we can win 500-0 but just be careful when the implement dishonor for not accepting qpops…

This made me lol. All true.