The Health of PvP

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Relic Hellfire.6534

Relic Hellfire.6534

The Health of PvP

The ideal of PvP being what everyone would want it to be is and always will be a MYTH! Nothing Anet does or will do is sufficient for the average PvP player. With that being said, the community can take it upon themselves to help make PvP an overall enjoyable experience.
What is PvP? By definition it is an environment where an individual can fight and hopefully kill an opponent attempting to do the same thing. But, PvP is so much more than just people killing people. It is a forum for intense discussion on meaningless topics, a place where the average player can feed and pet the ‘TROLLS" (especially for those wanting to get their personal WARM N FUZZY moment). PvP is a place where a player can feel like a GOD, that is until they run up against a non-META setup specifically designed to beat META. PvP is where an individual will truly find out what being part of a team actually means.
All of that aside, The Health of PvP up to this point is very “FLU” like, and not the 24-hour variety. Profession Daily’s, no Dishonorable, 4v5’s, no Solo-Q balancing, and absolutely no value in even being a PvP Rank 80 are just some of the problems with PvP today. It’s unfortunate the ruling class impacting change are the players who whine about everything because they don’t want to take the time to actually learn how to play the game. This meaningless crap that we are being force-fed just to make PvP more inviting to whole Guild Wars 2 community is ridiculous. Some things are suppose to be hard for a reason, otherwise what is the point of even trying?
The introduction of the PvP Season was by all accounts a very good thing. Unfortunately that continued success failed, and continues to fail ever since the introduction of Profession Daily’s. Why can’t we have everything; Dishonorable Status, no 4v5’s, Solo-Q Balancing, accurate MMR, and specific Solo-Q matches where your actual PvP rank is taken into account outside of the PvP Season, turned on? The Season really only exists, figuratively speaking of course when they restart the leaderboard. So why do we, the community have to suffer, when its easier to just leave the good stuff turned on? And just announce the reset of the leaderboard which is the START OF THE NEW SEASON!
I would like to see a PvP where your rank what places you in matches with others of your same rank, and your game play along with everything else decides your MMR. Which either moves you up or down in a tier system. For example when you Que up for a ranked or unranked match the system will look at your rank and place you with others within 9 ranks of you (1-10, 11-20, 21-30,31-40,41-50,51-60,61-70,71-80), and if you are a really bad or good player your MMR will move you up or down the tier system.
I would like to say that I do like the game, and enjoy playing. There are just some areas that need to be addressed to make the play more enjoyable. I don’t have all the answers that is for sure, but being a rank 80 with a average Leaderboard Rank of 30 I find it frustrating to get Achievement Point chasers in matches, and those players never once hit up PvP before the Professions Daily Patch!

Relic Hellfire
Rank 80 PvP Guardian
The Knights Reaper [TKR]

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

wheres the tl:dr?

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

tl;dr – PVP is pretty healthy.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I would like to say that I do like the game, and enjoy playing. There are just some areas that need to be addressed to make the play more enjoyable. I don’t have all the answers that is for sure, but being a rank 80 with a average Leaderboard Rank of 30 I find it frustrating to get Achievement Point chasers in matches, and those players never once hit up PvP before the Professions Daily Patch!

Hello me from another computer;

I raged not too long ago about PvP’s MMR being whack as well (this being one of the many reasons), but I came to realization quickly that nothing much will be done about this…

We have to welcome this new generation of PvP-ers, where we step aside when someone is capping the point, let people win if they run their specific class daily – because honestly, what else is there to do?
You got those reward tracks you might think, but even losing will grant you enough to drown in blues and greens…

I think I will play competitive “Getting a log-in reward” for a while… Maybe after some weeks I will found some newborn hope for this, but as long as there are no fixes on the horizon, everything is off the table, and I don’t think it will be fixed soon™

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: KyleBradley.4193

KyleBradley.4193

The Health of PvP

Profession Daily’s, no Dishonorable, 4v5’s, no Solo-Q balancing, and absolutely no value in even being a PvP Rank 80 are just some of the problems with PvP today.

The introduction of the PvP Season was by all accounts a very good thing. Unfortunately that continued success failed, and continues to fail ever since the introduction of Profession Daily’s. Why can’t we have everything; Dishonorable Status, no 4v5’s, Solo-Q Balancing, accurate MMR, and specific Solo-Q matches where your actual PvP rank is taken into account outside of the PvP Season, turned on? The Season really only exists, figuratively speaking of course when they restart the leaderboard. So why do we, the community have to suffer, when its easier to just leave the good stuff turned on? And just announce the reset of the leaderboard which is the START OF THE NEW SEASON!

I would like to see a PvP where your rank what places you in matches with others of your same rank

Good points, why even turn these things off? Whats the point?
no Dishonorable? why ever not have this?
OMG please do something about 4v5’s if dishonorable is turned off i might just start leaving 4v5’s and que up again, its a loss either way.

Solo-Q_balancing = none;

How hard would it to implement simple things like; theres 2 guards in this match make one go to each team. bam! problem solved.

Whats the point of levels in PvP now? other than the stomp? that by now means nothing because everyone is level 80 or close to it.

Somethings i would also like to see/be able to do is check your MMR , have an in game leaderboard, an actual point that the leaderboard to exist, something to work for after rank 80, a point to having a rank…

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

I don’t think those new dailies drew new players to pvp. Reward tracks did and that’s been a long time ago already. Also putting rank brackets is ridiculous. Rank 80 would have a lot of people, but the others would have small numbers of peeps playing, and waiting long. Such long waits would just make peeps run away from pvp even faster.

Also the ranks only mean time spent, not skill. I was getting teamed actively with dragons since i was a deer and it didn’t take me long to be able to beat some of the dragons. The MMR assigning needs to be improved. Because most players end up in MMR hell if they solo queue, cause it’s a 50/50 chance that you end up with lousy players who are either new or got carried in the past whose MMR got upped accidentaly. Which if it happens often can knock your MMR down badly again, since being the best player in a losing team makes you lose as much MMR as the crappiest player in the team.

But even then one can discuss whose worse, since personal score assignment isn’t always correct. Defenders often gain less points than peeps who just run around ganking peeps where they shouldn’t be.

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Relic Hellfire.6534

If they wouldnt have screwed with the rank system it wouldnt be a problem….pvp rank should be a grind it is worth having!!!!!!!

Relic Hellfire
Rank 80 PvP Guardian
The Knights Reaper [TKR]

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

nobody that matters really cares about pvp. the community is too small and generates not enough revenue for anyone to care. i mean look at the matchmaking right now, every other company would be ashamed to leave such a system in live longer than a week. betas have better matchmaking. gw2 had better matchmaking before they broke it.
pvp is like the kittened cousin your aunt asks you to take to a party. you give him a drink every now and then, make the fugly fat girl nobody likes give him some attention and leave him standing in the corner so he doesn’t bother anyone. every now and then when people tell you you’re an kitten for letting him rot you declare loudly how much you care in front of a big audience and throw a party “just for him”. after people stopped making a fuss you proceed as usual. in the end it’s not his fault because it was his mother that was on meth during pregnancy but in the end it also doesn’t matter.
i think everybody can see how this analogy fits what has happened to pvp since launch.

we thought we would get a proper pvp game like it’s predecessor but we got a shallow cash grab machine instead. if you’re all honest with yourself you know deep down there that we’re only still here because there is literally no better alternative.

nothing will change, all is vain.

(edited by zaced.7948)

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Relic Hellfire.6534

well actually GW2 is following the same path that GW1 did…cept for the inaccurate patches that kitten dedicated pvpers

Relic Hellfire
Rank 80 PvP Guardian
The Knights Reaper [TKR]

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

tell me pls what that path is because i can’t make out any similarity.

The Health of PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

The health of pvp in gw2 has been pretty bad ever since the dawn of time. The mode is broken to the core and it is not worth fixing from the grounds up. I could write an essay as to all the missteps when it came to the development of this game mode and how it has failed in pretty much aspect but I have already done something similar in the past and its just not worth the effort.