The "Honor" System

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

If you have watched any tournaments held by ESL and the gw2 community you are familiar with the term “honoring”.

Honoring is when a player on the opposing team disconnects which leads to a player on your team “honoring” the un-even matchup and sitting out until the disconnected player returns.

If we could somehow create an honor system for ranked and unranked that is similar to the volunteer system in hot-join, may be this could be a solution to the every so often un-even matchups. The option to honor the match will be given to the first person to select it, and maybe it could give them an extra 1% towards there reward track or something?

Discuss.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Third Radar.7368

Third Radar.7368

This is a really good idea, and you could even have achievements for it. I think that it’s a great way to encourage honorable play.

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m not the most avid tPvPer, but I think this is a really good idea anyway.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

+1 to this idea

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

I would love seeing this implemented. It couldn’t be that difficult to do, right? +1

Sylvari for life. <3

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You know, call me an idealist, but why can’t we just do that already? I mean, nobody likes a 4v5, so why not afk if you realize that the other team lacks a member?

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Implementing something like this will eliminate wasting everyone’s time (queue time plus time in mis-matched game)

Could be a huge improvement to our enjoyment of the game.

-

You know, call me an idealist, but why can’t we just do that already? I mean, nobody likes a 4v5, so why not afk if you realize that the other team lacks a member?

-
Indeed. I’m the same way when someone on the other team rage quits or disconnects. I also suggest they cap a point to get credited if they’re below 30pts.

But I’ve also been on the other side of the table and sadly good sportsmanship and maturity levels differ from person to person. The team w/ 5 would sometimes reinforce their false sense of superiority by taunting, zerging, point farming and spawn camping the disadvantaged team.

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I’ve been starting to sit away when there’s a 4v5 and I belong to the 5. However, I’d really rather play than remain inactive… that’s the original purpose of my playing GW2 in the first place

An honor system could be good indeed. I’d like they bring back dishonor, too. Ranked games are looking more and more like hotjoin now. Playing as part of the 4 is often painful – but playing as part of the 5 is always boring.

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I dont think unranked are a big enough deal to justify a system like this.
I am not gonna stand aside because one guy on the other team:

-crashed/disconnected
-had to quit for irl reasons
-whatever

he might return or might not.
And no I do not enjoy playing against or with in a 4vs5.
Stomps suck, be it on the winning or losing side.

This is more of a system suitable for ESL matches, and that’s totally understandable.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

The "Honor" System

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I dont think unranked are a big enough deal to justify a system like this.
I am not gonna stand aside because one guy on the other team:

-crashed/disconnected
-had to quit for irl reasons
-whatever

he might return or might not.
And no I do not enjoy playing against or with in a 4vs5.
Stomps suck, be it on the winning or losing side.

This is more of a system suitable for ESL matches, and that’s totally understandable.

The reason I mentioned unranked and ranked is so it’s clear that this should not be in hot-join so people can’t farm the reward I mentioned.

I understand that you feel that it’s unfair that you have to sit out if the system randomly selects you, but how do you think the opposing team with the disconnect feels about their 4v5? It’s really just a system to level out the playing field.

Again, I’m just spitballing ideas, and this could probably be perfected with more input from everyone.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]