The Invincible Ele Meta is back

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Seriously. If I see more ele tanks I’m going to frigging scream.

They make points impossible to take, regardless if it’s 1 on 1 or a 5v5 group fight because of their outgoing healing. It’s really not fun.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

what changes in the last patch made this build possible for them?

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

It’s a low tier issue.

Learn to focus the ele, celestial and cleric age is over since a bit

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

It’s a low tier issue.

im not saying ele is op but i struggle with this on my warrior also. so many bunker druids and eles i had to switch to rev to kill them. my condi warrior couldnt do jack to them at all even when i interrupted heals.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Rev’s nerf made them unnable to burst.

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Ele being "Invincible ", is obviously an exaggeration, but the nerfs to pwer rev and the change to “Piercing Light”, do make eles feel much more resilient, compared to last season. I think it’s fine BTW, last season Eles were in a tough spot.

in PvP

Phil.8901

Every classes right now is very weak to power damage, ofc if people play braindead condi classes is not really noticable but without celestial, soldier and cleric power Dps classes if They know how to focus are all a pain to handle.

Ele needs to kite quickly under power damage pressure, druid is the same.

These compliants are really useless, it’s all a learn to play issue.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

It’s a low tier issue.

I’m in platinum son. 1700.

It’s not a low tier issue. I see them in every match, and the team who has the most ele tanks tends to win.

Every classes right now is very weak to power damage, ofc if people play braindead condi classes is not really noticable but without celestial, soldier and cleric power Dps classes if They know how to focus are all a pain to handle.
Ele needs to kite quickly under power damage pressure, druid is the same.
These compliants are really useless, it’s all a learn to play issue.

No, not really. High skill ele players have about 5 or 6 different “okitten” skills. I’ve seen a single ele tank manage 3 players focusing on them. All the classes focusing were power builds.

Ironically, I think, the changes to guardian traps. The sheer level of CC provided by guardian traps countered the ele tank builds. Eles have been, and always will be, vulnerable to hard CC (who isn’t?) — which the guardian used to provide. The amount of hard CC’s has dropped significantly as a result, and eles are now capable of sustaining much longer.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in PvP

Phil.8901

1.7k skill is trash right now, too many people dunno how to play correctly.

If an ele can manage 3 people is totally a shame for these 3 people and should try other games.

This is not possible in a decentl skill area to do this.

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

It’s a low tier issue.

im not saying ele is op but i struggle with this on my warrior also. so many bunker druids and eles i had to switch to rev to kill them. my condi warrior couldnt do jack to them at all even when i interrupted heals.

As a druid player, condi warrior is much more scary than than a power rev. Especially at the start of the game when you have 0 AF, and most of the druid’s stun break/heal/condi removal, is coming from CA. Power rev you can kill, warrior no matter how good you are and how bad your opponent, you need to survive on point 30-40 sec of warrior’s god mod, before you can even touch him. warriors with resistance/stability/blocks/ twice damage immunity, passive heals and repeat. Funny thing is that condi warriors are much stronger bunkers than a healing druid that mostly relay no invisibility and movement to survive.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

If an ele can manage 3 people is totally a shame for these 3 people and should try other games.

It’s great seeing you trash talk 1.7k skill but not post your own. I smell a troll.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’m in that range too, I’m not seeing too many trash players. Maybe folks with different non-coordinated strategies, but not a lot of insta kill fodder. I’ve also noted that eles seem annoyingly effective with their seemingly spammable area CC, then rock glidy mode then back to area CC thing. If one is speced into defence I literrally draw it on point and cannot take it out with my engi. I guess I could go marauder but then I’d be spike bait.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

I’m in that range too, I’m not seeing too many trash players. Maybe folks with different non-coordinated strategies, but not a lot of insta kill fodder. I’ve also noted that eles seem annoyingly effective with their seemingly spammable area CC, then rock glidy mode then back to area CC thing. If one is speced into defence I literrally draw it on point and cannot take it out with my engi. I guess I could go marauder but then I’d be spike bait.

Even that is no guarantee. The only thing I’ve seen work is spammed, hard CC — which guardians used to provide with their traps. Power Revs can provide this as well.

If I had to provide a solution? Reduce ele self-healing. They would retain their usefulness in group fights, but would be unable to sit in the thick of things and soak up all the damage.

in PvP

shion.2084

Even that is no guarantee. The only thing I’ve seen work is spammed, hard CC — which guardians used to provide with their traps. Power Revs can provide this as well.

If I had to provide a solution? Reduce ele self-healing. They would retain their usefulness in group fights, but would be unable to sit in the thick of things and soak up all the damage.

No my response was what they do, not what to do to them I wonder what happens when two of the AOE CC spamming eles run into each other on point…. that would be sort of amusing to watch. Haven’t seen it happen yet.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

No my response was what they do, not what to do to them I wonder what happens when two of the AOE CC spamming eles run into each other on point…. that would be sort of amusing to watch. Haven’t seen it happen yet.

Not a whole lot happens. Both fight for a while until they declare a truce or someone else comes along.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I play scrapper and I have trouble in a 1v1. But then again, they can’t kill me either. I have same issue with warrior.

in PvP

shion.2084

I play scrapper and I have trouble in a 1v1. But then again, they can’t kill me either. I have same issue with warrior.

I find with Scrapper that if I get my CC just right, I can actually uncap the point…. it takes like 10 min…. not very exciting and a lot of work. Really just kinda exhausting.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Invincible is hyperbole, but they are more stable than last season. They needed to be. Ele disappeared from play for a while there.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

It’s a low tier issue.

I laughed at this.

No, it’s not a ‘low tier issue’. It’s common knowledge that ele has the highest damage and highest ‘bunk-ability’, if you will, because their traits mitigate a lot of damage. Ele’s are the most powerful class in pvp right now, and always have been.

I’ve placed legendary the last 3 seasons, and I’m currently 1746 skill rating / rank 195 as of this post. I know what I’m doing. It’s like everytime someone screams ele is op all the elementalists come and rally around the post and defer the blame somewhere else. But let’s be clear: I’m all for Imperfect balance! That’s what makes games great, but when eles can 1v3 bunk points, there should be some balance around that and bring them a tad closer to the midline.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

It’s like everytime someone screams ele is op all the elementalists come and rally around the post and defer the blame somewhere else.

Well said. Eles were still heavily played last season, and that was at their weakest point in 4 years.

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

It’s a low tier issue.

I laughed at this.

No, it’s not a ‘low tier issue’. It’s common knowledge that ele has the highest damage and highest ‘bunk-ability’, if you will, because their traits mitigate a lot of damage. Ele’s are the most powerful class in pvp right now, and always have been.

I’ve placed legendary the last 3 seasons, and I’m currently 1746 skill rating / rank 195 as of this post. I know what I’m doing. It’s like everytime someone screams ele is op all the elementalists come and rally around the post and defer the blame somewhere else. But let’s be clear: I’m all for Imperfect balance! That’s what makes games great, but when eles can 1v3 bunk points, there should be some balance around that and bring them a tad closer to the midline.

Ele can’t have both higjest damage and best “bunker ability” at the same time and also ele can’t tank 3 people… If 3 people know nothing about Ele and waste all their burst and cc into obsidian flash then It’s not a balance problem

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

It’s like everytime someone screams ele is op all the elementalists come and rally around the post and defer the blame somewhere else.

Well said. Eles were still heavily played last season, and that was at their weakest point in 4 years.

You forgot about a whole year when Ele was unviable and totaly missed every competitive scene at all.

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

inb4 people realize that boon corrupt solos eles.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

“The Invincible Ele Meta is back”

I must not be playing my ele correctly :P

If the other team ignores me in a group fight then I can do what I was meant to do, offer support and healing and appear invincible.

However, I find myself either being focused, caught up in DH traps, CC’d or CC’d and destroyed by a thief etc..

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

(…)
You forgot about a whole year when Ele was unviable and totaly missed every competitive scene at all.

Im moved to tears… ehm… not. A whole year? Ask us poor necros, playing since beta, until the scepter AA change. Alas! I miss those days, when the most effective necro build was a build focused on keeping up retaliation ^^ Zero, where are you? :/

But back to topic. Ele is very susceptible to cc and boonstrip. Thing is, with current changes, we have less of both… and the change to ele arcane shield is insane. 40 seconds cooldown is too low, period. Theres only one map I wouldnt take shield over lightning flash, and thats forest. It just fits in so perfectly.

Not saying ele is unkillable, because it definitely is. But people posting here that there is “no issue” with ele being too bunky, and then justifying it with some imagined 1 year where ele was not meta… sorry, but… seriously?

Yes, ele is strong this meta again, very strong if you have someone with you that can kill stuff fast. No, ele is not invincible, just difficult to kill, and even more so if you arent coordinating stuff properly with your team.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

(…)

Im moved to tears… ehm… not. A whole year? Ask us poor necros, playing since beta, until the scepter AA change. Alas! I miss those days, when the most effective necro build was a build focused on keeping up retaliation ^^ Zero, where are you? :/

But back to topic. Ele is very susceptible to cc and boonstrip. Thing is, with current changes, we have less of both… and the change to ele arcane shield is insane. 40 seconds cooldown is too low, period. Theres only one map I wouldnt take shield over lightning flash, and thats forest. It just fits in so perfectly.

Not saying ele is unkillable, because it definitely is. But people posting here that there is “no issue” with ele being too bunky, and then justifying it with some imagined 1 year where ele was not meta… sorry, but… seriously?

Yes, ele is strong this meta again, very strong if you have someone with you that can kill stuff fast. No, ele is not invincible, just difficult to kill, and even more so if you arent coordinating stuff properly with your team.

Why are you putting in my mouth words that I never used???
I NEVER said that since Ele was out of meta his current state is ok… What do you smoke?
I correct someone who was saying Ele was always viable/metà/op/what you prefere, when it wasn’t for a lot of time before celestial amulet was buffed.

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

(…)

Why are you putting in my mouth words that I never used???
I NEVER said that since Ele was out of meta his current state is ok… What do you smoke?
I correct someone who was saying Ele was always viable/metà/op/what you prefere, when it wasn’t for a lot of time before celestial amulet was buffed.

Highlighted important phrase for you…

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

this is exactly the main isue whith the kiten eles, the system that their healing works that makes a healbot a bunker too, for a equilibrate game that cant be, in an equilibrate game if they are healing others they dont selfheal and if selfheal they dont heal others, because in this status of game, not precoordinate teams, who wins the ele lottery wins the match because focusing the ele means the other teammates of ele having freekills and nnot focusing them also freekills

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

@Yasi:
“Not saying ele is unkillable, because it definitely is. But people posting here that there is “no issue” with ele being too bunky, and then justifying it with some imagined 1 year where ele was not meta… sorry, but… seriously?”

Highlight this for me man. When I said this? Never… So please, don’t quote me adding things I never said and please Yes… Go back to topic

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I think there are group of players that generally hate ele…no matter how much class would be hammered by nerfs, buff to other classes or amulet removal…

Even if class would be in state of total delirium they would make still posts like ,,why ele’s are so unkillable" ,,tank meta" and other dramatic post’s filled with dramatic content showing how they can’t:

- can’t kill ele on bunker build
- can’t out rotate ele
- can’t moa ele
- can’t survive ele magi/mender dps
- can’t cc ele in water to murder ele
- can’t kill ele on obsidian flesh cooldown
- can’t focus ele
- can’t see auras
- can’t see reflects
- can’t stop shooting themselves
- can’t corrupt boons on ele
- can’t stop wasting time on ele..
- can’t interrupt overloads

OMG people…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Burn guard, makes Eles like free food.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I advocated Elem a lot preseason but now I can see when placed against skilled opponents that Ele is more of a liability than anything else…..

I love my Ele but it really needs allies who make use of the fields correctly and allies who want to bunk points and not fight off point.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Ele and dragonhunter riding high. Everyone else….not so much.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

As a Mesmer having access to interrupts and dual moa unbeatable eles do not exist for ME and therefore they are beatable for everyone else just l2p because logic (lol)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This just tells us you can’t Ele.

See, I can do it too! :D

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Been 4 years and bad players still don’t know how to kill ele. Unless its a free kill, they cry for nerfs. Its finally somewhat viable, and doesn’t have to just be a boring healbot anymore, and people cry. This is a pure learn to play issue. CC an ele and they die instantly. If you see the other team has an ele and dont change your skills before the match starts in order to cc them, the fault lies on you and you alone.

Personally I hate the healbot build and would be happy to see it nerfed into the ground. its boring to play as and boring to fight against. I’d be happy if they nerfed the outgoing heals but buffed the ele’s self heals in return. Because despite what bad players may think, ele dies very easily when focused, perhaps easier than necro because ele doesnt have a 2nd lifebar and has the lowest health of any profession.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

Been 4 years and bad players still don’t know how to kill ele. Unless its a free kill, they cry for nerfs. Its finally somewhat viable, and doesn’t have to just be a boring healbot anymore, and people cry. This is a pure learn to play issue. CC an ele and they die instantly. If you see the other team has an ele and dont change your skills before the match starts in order to cc them, the fault lies on you and you alone.

No, this has been a recurring problem for ele for a long time. High skill eles are near invulnerable without 3 or more people focusing on them. By that point in time, the result is that all your other points have been decapped. In game modes like conquest, killing such an ele is such a monumental waste of time that it screws your team.

Can we kill them? Yes.

Can we kill them in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable amount of effort? No.

Personally I hate the healbot build and would be happy to see it nerfed into the ground. its boring to play as and boring to fight against. I’d be happy if they nerfed the outgoing heals but buffed the ele’s self heals in return. Because despite what bad players may think, ele dies very easily when focused, perhaps easier than necro because ele doesnt have a 2nd lifebar and has the lowest health of any profession.

I think the inverse would be a better solution — reduce self heals but increase outgoing healing. Would force the ele to run away or play defensively, rather than sit in the middle spamming overloads.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

No, this has been a recurring problem for ele for a long time. High skill eles are near invulnerable without 3 or more people focusing on them. By that point in time, the result is that all your other points have been decapped. In game modes like conquest, killing such an ele is such a monumental waste of time that it screws your team.

Can we kill them? Yes.

Can we kill them in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable amount of effort? No.

I think the inverse would be a better solution — reduce self heals but increase outgoing healing. Would force the ele to run away or play defensively, rather than sit in the middle spamming overloads.

Spoken as someone who has obviously never played ele. That would force ele even further into the boring healbot role and kill any other semi viable build. A terrible solution. and you’re completely wrong about it. Your lack of knowledge of the class is apparent if you think this is a good solution. Reducing aoe heals and increasing self survival on ele would make it less of a pain in team fights, but not completely useless by itself and a hindrance to the team if the ele chooses to play something besides healbot. Not all of us enjoy playing support, killing all other builds to slightly nerf the healbot build is absolutely stupid.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

Can we kill them? Yes.

so say we nerf ele. what else do they bring to the table without buffing anything else?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Eles want a dos spec but they already have it they just don’t take it. Given the option they will take every defensive bunker trait whilst qqing they have no damage. I play a bunker guard? I expect to do no damage.

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

Can we kill them? Yes.

so say we nerf ele. what else do they bring to the table without buffing anything else?

Nothing really needs to be nerfed on ele. This is just crying from someone that doesnt want to change their build to counter ele and would rather cry for nerfs so they can keep using the same build and not having to adapt. While we’re stuck with one build only that most of us don’t even enjoy playing, but are forced to because its the only thing thats viable in ranked since everything else ele has is trash. Scepter ele is only seeing play now because of the recent changes, but still needs alot of buffs before it can actually compete in a dps role.

Rev got overnerfed because people refused to learn to play against it, even though it had very obvious counters. And how many revs have you seen lately in ranked? People just want their mains to be powerful, and anything they cant kill without having to change their build has to be nerfed. I’m an altaholic and play every class pretty much equally so i’m unbiased in this and would rather see every class have multiple viable builds. Who wants to be forced to play just 1 build on every class? That’s freaking boring. The only class that I would say needs any nerfing at this point would be condi warrior. and that’s ONLY condi warrior. Power warrior is fine. Its mainly just an issue with mace primal doing way too much.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Not really feeling the “invincible ele meta”, sorry man

in PvP

abaddon.3290

Can we kill them? Yes.

Nothing really needs to be nerfed on ele. This is just crying from someone that doesnt want to change their build to counter ele and would rather cry for nerfs so they can keep using the same build and not having to adapt. While we’re stuck with one build only that most of us don’t even enjoy playing, but are forced to because its the only thing thats viable in ranked since everything else ele has is trash. Scepter ele is only seeing play now because of the recent changes, but still needs alot of buffs before it can actually compete in a dps role.

Rev got overnerfed because people refused to learn to play against it, even though it had very obvious counters. And how many revs have you seen lately in ranked? People just want their mains to be powerful, and anything they cant kill without having to change their build has to be nerfed. I’m an altaholic and play every class pretty much equally so i’m unbiased in this and would rather see every class have multiple viable builds. Who wants to be forced to play just 1 build on every class? That’s freaking boring. The only class that I would say needs any nerfing at this point would be condi warrior. and that’s ONLY condi warrior. Power warrior is fine. Its mainly just an issue with mace primal doing way too much.

agreed agreed and agreed. the reason i asked is because (same reason im not pro nerfing on rev) if you nerf the only viable build a class has theres nothing to jump ship to. the class just doesnt get played. rev is coming to that position. really challenging to be good at and not that much reward. easier to find another class. ele is the same in that way.you nerf ele’s healing in any way everyone will just go druid.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Can we kill them? Yes.

I love how you defend Rev and in the same paragraph call out a single warrior skill for “doing to much”. Rev is the quintessential class for all skills doing to much, and the damage nerf changed nothing regarding Rev’s prowess on the field XD

Nice try (and I don’t even play condi warrior, nor care! XD )

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Maybe tone down Obsidian Flesh? that would make eles easier to focus and the skill has always been beyond ridiculous.

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

Eles want a dos spec but they already have it they just don’t take it. Given the option they will take every defensive bunker trait whilst qqing they have no damage. I play a bunker guard? I expect to do no damage.

Please, can you show us the dps spec Ele has but no one want to take?

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

Its funny how Ele has been overpowered for years. cele ele now this healbot BS

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

One more note here: it’s really funny that haters hate ele or healbot because of what it is. But…if ele will be spotted using something different like staff or scepter or TRY TO PLAY DRIFRENT ROLE immediately is harassed by his own team: has to deal with toxic behaviour, 4v5 statements, threats that somebody will afk cause you use stone heart trait and similar nice things like that.

So yea ele is in nice spot now: generally most of ele’s hate healbot build, alternatives suck but even if you have balls you are heated for not playing healbot, , rubbish tier players hate healbot, some people that make these kind of treads hate ele generally..

….ehhh where is this going guys?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

Spoken as someone who has obviously never played ele. That would force ele even further into the boring healbot role and kill any other semi viable build. A terrible solution. and you’re completely wrong about it. Your lack of knowledge of the class is apparent if you think this is a good solution. Reducing aoe heals and increasing self survival on ele would make it less of a pain in team fights, but not completely useless by itself and a hindrance to the team if the ele chooses to play something besides healbot. Not all of us enjoy playing support, killing all other builds to slightly nerf the healbot build is absolutely stupid.

Increasing self heals makes them even more capable of bunkering than now. That’s just aggravating the current problem. Increasing outgoing heals but reducing self-heals allows them to continue as team support, but not able to sit in the middle of the fight the whole time.

1) My point was to tweak the healing the ele does, not nerf. If you misconstrue a tweak as a nerf, you need to learn how to comprehend what you read.
2) This thread was about dealing with the bunker/tank meta. If you want suggestions on how else to improve the ele (to make it viable for other builds), by all means discuss them, but that’s not what this thread was written for.
3) I’m not against buffing ele in other aspects of gameplay. That’s fine by me, I know they’re weaker in damage, generally. What I am against is the bunker that sits in the middle of a 4v4 fight and makes it impossible to take down anyone on their team and themselves in the process.

This is just crying from someone that doesnt want to change their build to counter ele and would rather cry for nerfs so they can keep using the same build and not having to adapt.

I’ve changed my build several times in response, but thanks for speaking for me.

One more note here: it’s really funny that haters hate ele or healbot because of what it is. But…if ele will be spotted using something different like staff or scepter or TRY TO PLAY DRIFRENT ROLE immediately is harassed by his own team: has to deal with toxic behaviour, 4v5 statements, threats that somebody will afk cause you use stone heart trait and similar nice things like that.

I get the same problem for doing anything other than the meta engineer build – lot of toxicity. Which is a problem because the meta engi build is underwhelming, imo.