The New Condition - Suggestions & Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Hey everyone!
At the last SoTG (i believe) they devs mentioned that they would introduce a new condition. Necromancers would be the first ones to get it as their fifth Death Shroud skill.
However, the devs also mentioned that they wanted another DoT just like bleed, burning and poison but with a secondary effect.
They specifically told us that they would like to hear our suggestions, so i thought i’d start a thread revolving this subject.

I believe:
Introducing a new DoT condition would just be a waste of a great opportunity for a change in the meta. There are already enough DoT conditions that can be pre-applied every few seconds. These kind of conditions do not bring any interesting to the gameplay.
Apply poison, bleed and burning while you kite your enemy. That is the only use these conditions have, and have no tactical/strategical use because they can be cleansed and pre-applied easily.

I suggest that you use this opportunity to introduce a more strategical condition. This could for instance be something along the lines of “Deep Wound” from GW1, that decreased your maximum health-pool by 20% (i think) for a period of time.
This would bring a new interesting aspect to the current meta, because bunkers would be more vulnerable. Deep Wound is just a suggestion and i believe there are people out there with even better suggestions!
Deep Wound should of course be one of the rarer conditions just like Fear, Chill and Weakness.

Necromancers do not lack DoT conditions, and even with an extra one HGH engineers would probably still be more efficient.
Bringing necromancers back into the game, as well as challenging the current meta-game sounds like a decent change.

Whether you agree with me or think that a new DoT condition would be the answer, please respond in a friendly manner.
My intention with this thread is to give the devs an easy overview of suggestions and wishes from the community!

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

(edited by KrisHQ.4719)

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Wasn’t Deep Wounds very strong because it reduced all received heals by 20% rather than for the max HP reduction?

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

Wasn’t Deep Wounds very strong because it reduced all received heals by 20% rather than for the max HP reduction?

You are correct that it also reduced healing, I did not know of that.
Since we already have poison, it would make sense to remove that secondary effect.
Here is the information on Deep Wound from GW1:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Deep_Wound

EDIT:
Keep in mind that 20% might be too much or too little of an effect. Numbers can always be tweaked and balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Deep wound on Necro’s?
Please do not rustle my jimmies.

Give them disease and call it a day.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Deep wound should be actually something for the warrior
My suggestion would be something like: Everytime you dodge or move you get X-Damage. Just some crap that was in my mind.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

Deep wound on Necro’s?

Well. The name is irrelevant. You could call it whatever you like.
Having a condition on necromancers that reduced 20% of maximum HP seems very likely (immersion-wise)?
If your reply was not “immersion-critique” i’d like to hear WHY it would be a bad idea

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

1. Remorse – Remorse is a condition that deals (high) damage upon removing it or other conditions on a target.
with many people running cleaning builds, I feel like a condition that punishes removing conditions is neccessary
2. Upholding Pain – Upholding Pain is a condition that stacks in duration, which makes removing conditions impossible for a short period of time
same reasons as above
3. Chains – Chains is a condition that stacks in intensity and deals damage over time when the target is moving, gap-closing or dodge rolling. It deals increasing damage for the distance travelled (me and Roe)
I personally feel that snaring conditions like cripple and chilled are not always the best choice
4. X Condition damage every time target applies a new boon. (Oblivion)

5. A condition that ticks for damage over time, deals a shot of damage when removed and is always removed before other conditions, providing an explicit “condition cover” a la classic cover hexes. (Softspoken)

6. Dark Conditions:
All conditions inflicted on target are hidden(not visible on HUD) from the target and may not be transferred or cleared. Duration: 3-7 sec, CD: 20 sec.
(aDemoNnDisguisE)

7. Spiteful Spirit – Deals damage over time. Every time you deal damage you deal a percentage of that damage to nearby allies.
pretty much Spiteful Spirit from GW1. This condition would actively force enemies to play smart about their positioning.
8. Pesitlence – A DOT which cripples and deals damage to the target and to all enemies within a certain range. (Donedusted)
As if you had cast Locust Swarm on someone else.
9. Pray of Death – A DOT that ticks for more damage every tick it continues, that explodes for X + remainder if it is removed, damaging and chilling all enemies around the target (Donedusted)

10. Consume Vitality – A DOT deals damage and consumes one boon a second, ticking for X% more damage for each boon it consumes. Cleansing the dot results in a small amount of direct damage plus a daze for 1-2 seconds. (Donedusted)

11. #5 DS skill – A 35cd teleport that inflicts a new condition in the area you teleported in. 800 damage, -33% damage output. (Solutions)
much needed mobility skill

12. “Cover condition” – A small DOT that stacks in duration and heals the caster upon removal (Skyro)
promotes more intelligent cleanses, another healing ability, appealing to GW1 Necro fans
13. Life drain – A DOT that heals the caster every time it ticks. (Otaking)

14. #5 DS skill – An ability to steal boons from the target (Anchoku)
Limited access to boons for necros, another method of countering high boon stacking
15. A condition with a DOT effect that deals high damage when it ends and the ability to regain a % of damage done as health for the caster (Donedusted)

16. #5 DS skill “Consume Lifeforce” – Consume all of your remaining lifeforce to gain vigor and stability. 2…10 sec (Feanturo)

17. Death Clock – A condition that speeds up the DOT-ticks from other conditions by 50% (Hammerheart)

18. A condition that deals damage when the target applies boons. Deals more damage for every boon on a target. (Nay of the Ether)
A general condition that punishes mindless boon-applyers is much needed
19. #5 DS skill – Consuming the remaining life force to become immune to conditions for a time relative to the % of lieforce consumed. (nomak)

20. Everlasting Plaque – Conditions except Everlasting Plaque do not expire/ The initial duration of conditions is refreshed/conditions applied to the target last X% longer. (aka)
suited towards condition specs, also aids other necromancers with different conditions
21. Infection – Foes suffering from this condition transfer a random condition to nearby allies every 1-2 seconds. (Hammerheart)
Promotes intelligent playstyle.
22. Contagion – A condition that deals damage every time the target attacks while healing the caster for the same amount. The timer resets every time this condition is transferred (tyler)
Prevents unintelligent placement on the battlefield

in PvP

D I V A.6018

23. Vampiric – A condition that adds X life siphon to any attack that hits the target for the caster and his allies. (Softspoken)
Promotes more supportive builds and new builds, matches Dark combo fields.
24. Charmed – Stacks in duration. Target foe is forced to move directly to you, deals 25% less damage but is able to use skills/target suffers more damage the close he is to you. (Erys)

25. Hemorrage – Target suffers from X + X% condition damage/sec, if this condition ends prematurely, target suffers from X + X% powerdamage. (Myrmidian Eudoros)
Works for both condition and power builds, closes the gap between different builds
26. Necrosis – If you aplly this condition you deal X damage and target foe loses all boons. Deals X% condition damage/sec for every boon removed. (Myrmidian Eudoros)
punishes mindless cleansings and careless re-applications of boons
27. #5 DS Skill Haunting – 3 sec. Each time target foe is attacked, he gets teleported to the attacker’s current location (CHIPS)

28. Cover – For 5 seconds this condition does nothing. If removed prematurely it is renewed for 2 seconds while damaging your target for 100% condition damage and 25 stacks of bleeding (CHIPS)
Brings back the idea of cover hexes from GW1

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

@ D I V A
Good reading.
We have to keep in mind that at some point other classes than the necromancer could get this one as well. Another reason why a new DoT would not be appropriate (HGH would be stronger)
I liked both “Chains” and “Spiteful Spirit”

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Deep wound on Necro’s?

Well. The name is irrelevant. You could call it whatever you like.
Having a condition on necromancers that reduced 20% of maximum HP seems very likely (immersion-wise)?
If your reply was not “immersion-critique” i’d like to hear WHY it would be a bad idea

Immersion how? Deep wound existed in GW1, Necro’s didnt have it. They had a Damage over time condition called disease that would spread and constantly reapply itself making it possible for the condition for the theoretically if a person played really poorly to never come off from simply one application of it.

Necro’s are finding themself having to compete with others for DoT but they don’t have confusion or burning when dealing conditions. Simultaneously the death shroud doesn’t provide much support for condi’s.
While the original DW was a powerful universally useful condition. It would definitely help out the War and thief, but in terms of diversifying the necro why would you even want that profession to have such a powerful condition that they can then spread by them self when it be safer as a single-target application that can be amplified by a necro teammate using epidemic.

Disease makes a lot of sense for the DoT needs and since it spreads itself.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

D I V A.6018

Well I just copy&pasted my thread from the Nec forum. As you noticed many ideas are suited especially for necromancers. (That is, because DS#5 will get the new condition for sure and Anet announced a “dark theme”)

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

New Condition: Cursed

“Does X damage per second, per each unique condition on the target. When this condition ends by removal, reapply this condition. Stacks in intensity”

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

A percentage reduction would probably be the worst thing to implement.
Unlike GW1, classes in GW2 have different healthpools. So certain classes would suffer more from this than others.
Just think about how much health a warrior and a necro, both classes are worse than other at dealing with condition already, would lose if they lose 20% max health.

Besides that, bunker builds are already good at cleansing conditions. Adding another condition would just punish those without constant stream of condi remove. Which are warrior (most builds) and necro. Those two classes are just bad at dealing with the current conditions. Warriors can atleast get warhorn or shouts, but necros often have stuff which transfers conditions. And you know something is bad, when the stuff it should counter actually counters it. In this case I mean condition transfer, and how it doesn’t work if you have the condition blind, because you are going to miss.

They want to add something for necros, but by adding yet another condition to the condition spammy game we currently have, isn’t going to help the necro.

Necro actually needs better condi removal and healing, not yet another condition.

in PvP

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

This is going to be a huge balance issue with the condition damage spec. Im guessing they will give it more favored to warrior, guard, and mesmer. I would suspect ele, thief and necro get some use of it. Ranger and engi prolly wont get it because of balance issues. I think it would be cool if it exploded when cleansed doing the remaining dot damage as direct damage divided by X to 5 targets around them (similar to epidemic). Casting epidemic would have to cleanse this off the enemy to prevent it from being OP. Anything that does some damage to balance rampant AOE cleanse that prevents condition damage from being weaker in team settings..

I just want the change to make condition specs viable for more classes across the game. Necros can run condition specs very effectively in spvp right now without this new condition. WvW condition specs are less viable and need help so i hope this change addresses that opposed to buffing certain condition specs which will lead to nerfs and lack of balance across the game.

EDIT: Not to mention this will be another condition that warriors will have to cleanse and thus weakening them further. They gave warriors dogged march and that isn’t cutting it.

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

(edited by Torqky.3682)

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

I see your point in regards to the different health-pools.
As for your point about what necros need, i agree that they would be much better off getting healing and condi removal.
But the thing is that this new conditions IS coming, so we’d like to have the best possible condition implemented.

IMO “Disease” would be horrible. Yet another DoT condition that takes no skill or strategical call to use, just pre-apply it as much as you can. This would make ranged even stronger against melee than they already are.

in PvP

Posted by: Darksun.1054

Darksun.1054

I have few ideas for a new DoT

1. A medium strength dot (similar to poison damage) that not only affects the player but affects those around the player – tie it to Epidemic (the one who gets it casted on)

2. A low strength dot (similar to bleed damage) that removes boons from enemy players – DS#5 idea

3. A dot that ramps up damage over time. It starts out weak but if not removed will continue to increase in damage with every tic – DS#5 idea

(edited by Darksun.1054)

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Conditions are really strong right now, adding such op conditions would be lame, add something more “normal”.
Do we get a new Boon as well?

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

Conditions are really strong right now, adding such op conditions would be lame, add something more “normal”.

This is my believe as well.

in PvP

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Stop with conditions.

Bring us back the Hexes.

THAT was fun, and open to much more interesting stuff.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

1 through 5 sound pretty solid.

Though with chains, I’d remove the on-dodge damage – damaging players for using their defensive mechanics (dodge being the only universal one) feels off.

There’s also the question of how often the new condition can be accessed. If it’s going to be tied to medium or long CD’s, it needs a different design than one that can be accessed every 5-10 seconds.

If the condition is tied to long CD abilities –
Condition XYZ – stacks in duration – deals decent damage over time (midway between poison and burning per second, numbers could be adjusted). Cannot be cleansed. When other conditions are cleansed, XYZ does some direct damage and dispels a boon.
This would give condition based specs some psuedo-burst – you load up your target then hit them with this (or even vice versa, depending on durations). Now your target makes a choice – eat the conditions and try to use heals/boons to survive, or eat the damage/boon removal to keep conditions from eating them alive.

If the new condition is tied to short CD abilities –
Condition ABC – Stacks in intensity – Does X DPS (lets say around 75% what bleeding currently does, number could be adjusted) – every time ABC expires on a target (this would include the ability reaching its full duration OR being cleansed), that target is afflicted by burning or poison or bleeding (or other conditions, though I think the damaging ones do it best). When cleansed this is done for each individual stack, and the duration is X seconds. The duration for the additional effect when triggered by ABC reaching its full duration is X/2 seconds.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

Atm i can’t really wrap my head around why another DoT would be a good choice.
Even though i appreciate the suggestions, i’m very interested in hearing why a DoT would be appropriate and what/how it could change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Several conditions suggested are pretty complicated to set up ingame. Notice that most conditions affect the target’s capabilities, and affect base functions for characters, namely movement, damage over time, or combat output. Just my 2c.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I like the Deep Wound Idea. Would really hurt the current meta, Bunkers, BMs, you name it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Condition that applies a random damaging condition with every tick.
DoT that grants might to nearby allies when active or when removed.
DoT that stacks in duration, dealing high damage initially and lowering over time to a base point.
DoT that applies itself to anyone who removes it.
DoT that chains into a skill that consumes it for half the remaining damage.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

I’d like to see a reverse diminishing DOT.
Damage keeps building up as it ticks up to a cap.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Give us sth like the old blind from GW1:

- short casttime
- short duration
- drastic decrease in dps dealt

Or sth like diversion:

- moderate duration
- drastic increase on recast of the skill used under the influence of the condition, which is then also removed-

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

Give us sth like the old blind from GW1:

- short casttime
- short duration
- drastic decrease in dps dealt

Bunkers would be invincible with a condition like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Orbion.4360

Orbion.4360

Personally I would like to see a condition that increases enemy’s casting times and/or recharge times. For example 50% increased recharge times on activated skills for x amount of seconds. This would punish the guardian bunkers too because they “draw” conditions from allies to themselves.
On a second note, the new condition must be strong. It must change the meta somehow. I really wish it’s a long lasting condition as well.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Some of the suggestions here feel more like skills or traits than conditions. I mean, a condition that is not cripple that cripples foes?

I believe a topic like this was also made in the necromancer board, and in there I suggested that some current conditions could also be reworked. Like, for example, the vulnerability condition, which is too weak on 1v1, and too strong on zerg vs zerg or zerg vs boss. That happens because vulnerability starts out pretty weak (= irrelevant), but scales incredibly well. It scales twice, one because of the stacks, two because of the players. I’d say vulnerability should have a fixed effect, stack in duration only, and last a very short time (3s usually), kinda like a reversed protection. Even zergs have trouble maintaining low-duration conditions, as shown with confusion; all the while solo players would be able to make more use of it.

About a new DoT condition, disease would be good suggestion to counter zergs in wvw (and even as a tool to make world bosses stronger), but I’m not sure how effective it would be in tpvp. Or maybe, if that was pointless in pvp, that functionality could be inherently added to poison, to make it stronger in pve without affecting pvp much (in pve, enemies don’t heal very frequently).

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: bongland.4970

bongland.4970

wtb condition that punishes people that remove it

in PvP

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

What would be the counter to a condition that punishes people if they remove it? Wait until you die?

I like most of the ideas but usually every kind of damage needs a counter.

Condition damage? Remove them.
Burst? Invulnerability or protection.
Regular DPS? Protection and regeneration.

The “new” condition? Well, there is no counter other than waiting until you die. You can’t punish people for using the proper way to fight against condition builds.

I would like a new condition which adds something unique to the game, not a another DPS condition.

There was a really nice suggestion by Nemesis.8593 on his Youtube channel but sadly it doesn’t fit Anets DPS idea…

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

I like the idea of a condition that doesn’t do anything unless it gets cleansed, then it procs for the intended damage.
It punishes cleanse spam and adds the protection the necros’ bleeds need.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

What would be the counter to a condition that punishes people if they remove it? Wait until you die?

I like most of the ideas but usually every kind of damage needs a counter.

Condition damage? Remove them.
Burst? Invulnerability or protection.
Regular DPS? Protection and regeneration.

The “new” condition? Well, there is no counter other than waiting until you die. You can’t punish people for using the proper way to fight against condition builds.

I would like a new condition which adds something unique to the game, not a another DPS condition.

There was a really nice suggestion by Nemesis.8593 on his Youtube channel but sadly it doesn’t fit Anets DPS idea…

I agree with you to a point, but conditions need some kind of “Cover” mechanic – currently, it’s too easy to cleanse them.

A good way to balance (IMO) would be to give the condition unique —effects-- (lines added to avoid stupid overzealous filter) when cleansed, and when on the opponent, making it a choice whether or not to wait the condition out or to try and cleanse it.

Perhaps something like Removes a boon every 2 seconds for X seconds; if there are no boons to remove, randomly applies another condition (either any condition beside this new one, or a specific subset) for 2s – if cleansed, does X damage immediately (X being a substantial number, since you’re trading immediate health for boon longevity/condition avoidance).

Yes, that’s kind of complicated – but you (meaning “the game player”, not you personally) want the DoT to be new, exciting, unique, and most of all useful. This covers all those bases.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

From a competitive / e-sports view DoT conditions simply requires too little effort / strategical play.
Having a condition that punishes people for cleansing it would definitely change the meta, but for the worse. It would be way too strong.
It would be the same as having invulerability deal damage to yourself or allies.
Conditions should be something that you apply depending on the situation.
Ex. Someone trying to escape to back-cap a point? Chill him.
Trying to stomp? Fear him.
Used both his dodges? Give him weakness.
About to use his burst combo? Give him confusion.
At the moment, the more conditions you can spam the better and it does not matter which ones. People do not use poison when someone is about to heal, people spam poison whenever they can.
I hope you see my point.

(edited by KrisHQ.4719)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

From a competitive / e-sports view DoT conditions simply requires too little effort / strategical play.
Having a condition that punishes people for cleansing it would definitely change the meta, but for the worse. It would be way too strong.
It would be the same as having invulerability deal damage to yourself or allies.
Conditions should be something that you apply depending on the situation.
Ex. Someone trying to escape to back-cap a point? Chill him.
Trying to stomp? Fear him.
Used both his dodges? Give him weakness.
About to use his burst combo? Give him confusion.
At the moment, the more conditions you can spam the better and it does not matter which ones. People do not use poison when someone is about to heal, people spam poison whenever they can.
I hope you see my point.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30108/unstable-affliction

or something similar.

In current meta it could be quite overkill, but the overall idea is to punish people from cleansing, and maybe something able to scale well with power, too ( in order to help power necros in teamfights).

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

or something similar.

In current meta it could be quite overkill, but the overall idea is to punish people from cleansing, and maybe something able to scale well with power, too ( in order to help power necros in teamfights).

I still believe punishing people from cleansing is a very bad move.
I mostly play Ele and often find mysefl with 20-30 seconds of pretty much every condition, that i cannot cleanse. Introducing a new condition that is similar to the ones we know, or one that will punish cleansing will turn the meta into relying on condition dmg.
Some might like that idea because they are fond of conditions. However, as for spectacting and developing a competitive environment there is not much skill in applying conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Goorman.7916

Goorman.7916

New condition: Silence
Stacks duration.
If a hero under the effect of this condition tries to use certain skill, silence is removed, but this skill is placed on a cooldown for 5() seconds.
(
)Duration of silence is disputable.

Ash Goorman, 80 level ranger
Lavern Goorman, 80 level thief
Spvp rank 41

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

New condition: Silence
Stacks duration.
If a hero under the effect of this condition tries to use certain skill, silence is removed, but this skill is placed on a cooldown for 5() seconds.
(
)Duration of silence is disputable.

Ah. I see some potential with that one.
A lot of people would probably trigger it with their auto-attack, so it might have to have a longer cooldown but no triggering on auto-attacks.
Great idea

in PvP

Goorman.7916

Regarding silence:
It is also possible to make it stackable, (since GW2’s character has a lot of skills, approximately 15) 1 skill with 10 second cooldown should apply 2-3 stacks of silence for 3-4 seconds.
Silence duration is still disputable.

Spvp rank 41

in PvP

Goorman.7916

Remake condition: cripple
Reduce movement reduction to 33%
Deals condition damage for every 200 distance walked.
(Obviously the combination of current cripple and Chains condition that was suggested earlier.)
This change fits the name of the condition and at the same time differentiate it more from chill condition.

Spvp rank 41

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

version of bleed – a debuff that applies 1s of bleed each time the person is hit, lasts a number of seconds (4~) or until so many procs (15~)

version of burn – puts a debuff on the enemy that pulses 1s of burning to nearby enemies.

version of poison – deals more dmg/debuff the longer the duration is on the target.

version of confusion – get weakness and vulnerability when they attack

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

or something similar.

I still believe punishing people from cleansing is a very bad move.
I mostly play Ele and often find mysefl with 20-30 seconds of pretty much every condition, that i cannot cleanse. Introducing a new condition that is similar to the ones we know, or one that will punish cleansing will turn the meta into relying on condition dmg.
Some might like that idea because they are fond of conditions. However, as for spectacting and developing a competitive environment there is not much skill in applying conditions.

Nothing wrong with punishing cleanses provided cleanse is still the correct play in most instances. All it does is reduce the impact of cleanse. Some of the suggestions here open up new windows of play and counterplay too, which is always good. Anything that provides a tension between ‘cleanse now’ and ‘cleanse later’ promotes better play, because right now the only tension is ‘do I have enough conditions to bother?’

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

I don’t think adding another damage condition is the right way to go with this. I would love to see Necros get some sort of unique utility. Utility is definitely the way to go — something that requires thoughtful use and has a purpose, rather than a conditionspamfest. I fear that if something similar to Unstable Affliction from WoW were added, the meta would move towards a somewhat stale mini-game contest of which team could put out conditions faster.

Just brainstorming here…

But what about a condition that caused an enemy player to skip the downed state when dying? Like a condition that gives a team a small window in which to down another player and ensure that they get killed? Would be absurdly useful in team fights and with the right window of time could make for some really interesting plays. Literally no idea how it would translate to PvE (who cares :P). I’d love to see something like this in PvP. Would really go with the Necromancer’s themes too and would provide an interesting counter to Illusion of Life / Signet of Undeath / so on and so forth.

Who knows, maybe that doesn’t even belong as a condition but would make a cool utility if Necros saw a rework of some sort…

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I suppose I’ll just repost my idea here.

Acid

• Reapplies itself when cleansed
  • Burns armor value for (0.1 * Malice) per second
  • Damage to Armor lingers for (0.05 * Level) times the duration of the condition when expired
  • Damages for (0.15 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second
  • Can be applied to structures
  • Damages structures for (0.25 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second

Necromancer

• Master trait: Armor burn lingers for 50% longer
  • Grandmaster trait: 30% chance to apply Acid on Necrotic Grasp (3 seconds)
  • Putrid Mark (2 1/2 seconds)
  • Corrosive Poison Cloud (2 seconds)
  • Deathshroud 5 skill
  • Putrid Explosion (2 seconds)
  • Death Nova (1 second)
  • Spectral Wall (1 second)

Engineer

• Fumigate (1 Second)
  • Acid bomb (5 Seconds)

Thief

• Scale venom (2 Seconds)
  • Choking Gas (1 Second)

Ranger

• Carrion Devourer: Poison cloud (1 sec)
  • Whiptail Devourer: Devourer Siege (1 sec)

Mesmer

• Chaos Storm (5 Seconds)
  • The Prestige (3 Seconds)
  • Into the Void (3 Seconds)
Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

It will probably be a condition similar to weakness in that it will directly reduce the damage the affected player can do, ie: that player will hit you for 1k instead of the 2k they normally would have hit you for, which will probably prompt them to change weakness so it only effects endurance regen instead of also causing 50% fumble which causes non crits to be glancing blows essentially doing less damage. Or they will come up with something overpower that will lock you out of healing abilities while affected by it. They should just focus on fixing the versatility of using different builds for each profession first. Like making ele builds with 0 points in Arcane actually worth it lol.
I also think they should just add one more weapon to all the professions, like giving torches to eles and letting guardians dual-weild maces, it also doesn’t make sense to me that warriors can use LB and Rifle but not Pistol & SB. Give me exp in SPvP so I can level up and enjoy the game at the same time >.< pwease :’(

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

I don’t think adding another damage condition is the right way to go with this. I would love to see Necros get some sort of unique utility. Utility is definitely the way to go — something that requires thoughtful use and has a purpose, rather than a conditionspamfest. I fear that if something similar to Unstable Affliction from WoW were added, the meta would move towards a somewhat stale mini-game contest of which team could put out conditions faster.

Just brainstorming here…

But what about a condition that caused an enemy player to skip the downed state when dying? Like a condition that gives a team a small window in which to down another player and ensure that they get killed? Would be absurdly useful in team fights and with the right window of time could make for some really interesting plays. Literally no idea how it would translate to PvE (who cares :P). I’d love to see something like this in PvP. Would really go with the Necromancer’s themes too and would provide an interesting counter to Illusion of Life / Signet of Undeath / so on and so forth.

Who knows, maybe that doesn’t even belong as a condition but would make a cool utility if Necros saw a rework of some sort…

I agree with the marked part, that is exactly what i would try to avoid.
A condition that made people skip downed would probably be way too strong.
It’s better than a new DoT though!

in PvP

Posted by: FluxWing.7318

FluxWing.7318

Here are a few effects that I’d like to see:

• Recklessness: Removes friendly fire. Your AoE applies boons and heals your enemies. Your conditions are applied to allies and damage affect allies too.

(below 2 are a condition/boon pair)

• Hybris: your damage/heal numbers show an increase. But the actual effect are the opposite.
    (Shows up as a the Greatness boon for the user, but other players can see it as a condition )
  • Greatness your damage numbers are actually increased.

example Ex: Greatness gives you +20 % dmg and Hybris gives you -20% dmg.

or favorites from other games

• Dissorient: Every movement action will be reversed. Moving forward will be backwards. Mouse look up will be mouse look down. Target next enemy becomes target previous enemy, and so forth.
  • Ink blob from mario kart: Random smudge appear on your screen.
  • Misdirection Hex from dragon age: Every crit the player make becomes a hit, and every hit becomes a miss.

in PvP

Posted by: Laxuar.3504

Laxuar.3504

Void: It deals 200 + 0.8*Cond.Dam. for 3 sec and boon expire 100% faster. Stacks in duration and is converted in Aegis.

Is better if i explain what i mean with boon “expire 100% faster”:
It works like Chilled. Evry second under the effect of voind count two seconds for boons.

Example:
A war use Signet of Rage gaining 30s of might fury and swiftness. It get struck by void for 3s that make boons expire faster. At the end the war will have his bonus for 27s and not 30s.
A guardian use Stand you ground gaining for 5s stability and retailation. after 3s it take void. His boons will last 4s: 3 before void and 1 after.
This secondary effect will be more effective for boons with small duration.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Id like to see a short duration condition that ticks a % of the damage potential of existing conditions on the target (say your bleeds/poisons can do 4000 damage their remaining duration, applying the new condition it would tick for 1000 if it’s 25% for example).

Reason I like this is because it has flexibility across all classes (condition or not) and a place in all game modes, and lets condition characters pull out a burst from their conditions.