The Next Necro Meta

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

I struggle to imagine how this is considered balancing the class. ANET while not trying to come off as being overly dramatic, but you are basically putting necro in a spot where only 1 class can kill it. The Theif.

Corrupt Boon – Reducing the amount of boons you can corrupt from 5 to 3. Recharge reduced from 40s to 15s. You can corrupt boons more frequently instead of corrupting a large swath of boons at once.

Putrid Curse (scepter autoattack chain 3) – Corrupt one boon with every attack. So every third autoattack you can corrupt one boon.

Anyone who is able to share boons, or is boon heavy, you will likely being hurting your team more so than helping.

Sounds counter intuitive right….. because it is.
In laymen terms having a boons on you is like walking into a fire while doused in gasoline.

I was all for fixing the bunker meta, but this is at a whole new level.

If you aren’t going to abuse this meta, then you may want to take a break for a while because condi wars 2.0 is coming to a face palm near you.

EDIT I can’t believe I have to make this suggestion, but if the above patch notes are going live give me the ability to strip my own buffs.

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

This will definitely be huge like the longbow power ranger when it was made.

Don’t really see thief as being the best counter, though. Necromancers are going to still be running reaper and they can (and probably should) use corrosive poison cloud because there’s no reason to use well of corruption now and they can run plague form. Plague form is still a good elite. These 3 things make it pretty hard for a melee thief.

Regardless, this makes me mad because this further makes it really stupid to run berserker necro.

There’s honestly not much counterplay to such overwhelming boon corruption on a dire stat necro with power as well, lol…

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

That’s cute, thinking thieves can kill us =)

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Lol thieves hard counter Necros. Only class I never have a problem fighting. Our evades cure the chill u guys spit out. We can easily kite Necros too when they are in shroud form. And as soon as that shroud goes away, boom burst. Dont get me wrong, Necro is strong and will be in the next meta but It’s really a fight of fastest profession vs slowest profession.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Basing this on their evade and ability to stealth in and out in order to set up burst potential. Also their incoming buff. As far as I can tell they are the only class that will hold up.

I mean based on the buff and nerf to others can you think of any?

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

A half-decent Daredevil wrecks Necros and most classes as well in 1v1s by default. Nothing really sticks and you won’t hit any of the important skills like Soul Spiral/Executioner’s/CttB/Reaper’s Mark. If a fight drags on long enough you can get to a point where they start to run out of evades and you’ll finally be able to pressure them. Problem with that is that they sorta do decent damage while you’re not doing squat to them so by the time you can lay down the hurt on them you’re either too low to do that yourself or they can just decide that they don’t feel like losing and disengage. The the new corrupt on auto attack with Scepter might sway things but it’s too early to tell. It was always one of the strongest specs for straight up 1v1. It just didn’t add much to a teamfight and had a tendency to evaporate under pressure from several players. Sort of a bad thing in a tank meta.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Lol thieves hard counter Necros. Only class I never have a problem fighting. Our evades cure the chill u guys spit out. We can easily kite Necros too when they are in shroud form. And as soon as that shroud goes away, boom burst. Dont get me wrong, Necro is strong and will be in the next meta but It’s really a fight of fastest profession vs slowest profession.

Thieves don’t hard counter anyone right now. If you are losing to a thief, it is just how you play against them. On a positive note, necros will be even stronger after the next patch so you;ll have an even better chance

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

Thieves don’t hard counter anyone right now. If you are losing to a thief, it is just how you play against them. On a positive note, necros will be even stronger after the next patch so you;ll have an even better chance

True. In the past, before this bullcrap meta, Thief has always countered Necro and with the patch coming, I don’t see that changing.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.4619

Jinx.4619

Well i met a reaper and stunlock most of them to death
Reaper form > unload kite gg

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

If the third scepter auto could only remove a boon it would be ok, but corrupting seems a bit to strong to me. But we will have to experience it first i guess

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Thief is still strong 1v1 not sure what you’re talking about. I fear this new meta, this bunker meta is boring, the next one will be just plain unfun, when was the last time you fought a thief and actually enjoyed it??

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Every good thief will always counter necro , thief can just outsustain necro in fight.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Now Reapers can go scepter/warhorn and staff.

A shame that necromancers never got a new weapon to use unlike all other elite specs.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

In the current meta thief is only strong vs necro / warrior / other thieves. Even then, some thief builds really struggle vs necros due to a lack of condi removal – not all of them have easy chill / poison removal.

Thief can rarely wins vs reveneant, druid or chronomancer. You will never win vs a scrapper, bunker ele or non braindead dragonhunter.

I still think this is a great change, people might think twice about spamming boons. Necros are gonna get double focused now, and they are already susceptible to this. Consequently a necro heavy comps will not be an easy win, things will have to be mixed up.

(edited by Gallant Pigeon.5807)

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

In the current meta thief is only strong vs necro / warrior / other thieves. Even then, some thief builds really struggle vs necros due to a lack of condi removal – not all of them have easy chill / poison removal.

Thief can rarely wins vs reveneant, druid or chronomancer. You will never win vs a scrapper, bunker ele or non braindead dragonhunter.

I still think this is a great change, people might think twice about spamming boons. Necros are gonna get double focused now, and they are already susceptible to this. Consequently a necro heavy comps will not work that well, things will have to be mixed up.

Ehhh I’ll list the classes that, for me, are the hardest to kill to easiest startung with tier 1 being the hardest

Tier 1: Mes, Ele
Tier 2: DH, Ranger, Scrapper,
Tier 3: Necros, Warr, Rev, Other Theives

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Called it

Except I should change the title to necro the next epic meta :-D

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Called it

Except I should change the title to necro the next epic meta :-D

We are only hours after a balance patch and you’re claiming vindication?

Metas don’t settle in hours.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Welcome to the new slow motion chilled meta.
Now we can enjoy John Lee fights on mid….eSports !!!!!

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I played some matches today with my necro and I can still kill some classes, but is really hard now kill good Druids (there’s a build in marauder that spam immobilize and kill me from range while I’m unable to deal damage… I really like the Melee Shroud in that moments…) and barely impossible kill even a mediocre thief (expecially with Daredevil traits) that know how to move a little with teleports and jumps.

Before the patch (in 1vs1) the thief was able to kill a necro(Reaper) with at last some problems of the necro was good.
Now the insane amount of damage that the thief can output just with the AA and the total lack of defensive skills of the necromancer make the necro a perfect prey for him (a thief take a second to cover the distance of a wurm teleport, if he had not killed the wurm first, leaving the necro without any kind of defence).

Actually, more than before, the Thief is the perfect counter for a necromancer. And can kill him faster and easier than any other class.

Anyway I still need to know why everyone hate the necromancer.
Corrupt your boons into conditions. Yes. Is the only reason why someone will need a necromancer in his team and add a reason to don’t spam boons everywhere all the time . What’s the problem?

Now that the thief is finally (again) the best necro killer of the game and can kill them really fast, just take one with you and have fun, the problem is solved! No more necro, no more boons corruption. Be happy.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

I think you should l2play and stop complaining.

The Next Necro Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

I think you should l2play and stop complaining.

kitten, waste of oxygen.