The Plague of Nerfs [MUST READ]

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Here an article that really should be read by everybody, reflect upon it..and act accordingly..

http://vrworld.com/2009/03/24/mmo-industry-or-the-plague-of-nerfs/

I have my own faults, I contributed to this ugly trend, therefore I’m not here to lecture anybody from any high moral ground but at the very least I have the courage to admit it..what about you?

There is something that we must realize perfect balance does not means scenario where several professions can each do everything well, this idea is completely irrational, it’s insane.

We have 9 professions and each profession will be good at something, even if I complain about some condi specs, I can at least understand this much.

http://www.geaugaconstitutionalcouncil.org/userfiles/image/BrainSmallMinded.gif

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Here an article that really should be read by everybody, reflect upon it..and act accordingly..

I have my own faults, I contributed to this ugly trend, therefore I’m not here to lecture anybody from any high moral ground but at the very least I have the courage to admit it..what about you?

There is something that we must realize perfect balance does not means scenario where several professions can each do everything well, this idea is completely irrational, it’s insane.

We have 9 professions and each profession will be good at something, even if I complain about some condi specs, I can at least understand this much.

that was quite an insightfull article. I recognize all reasons for wanting nerfs. very well summarized. While I hardly advocate for nerfs as I later realize that there is some counter to it. I did have quite the jealosy of revenant/heralds in particular at the start of the expansion. Tough i kept my toughts to myself. I as a guardian player at that time felt betrayed as if my class role was stolen and then given to the new class. Kinda like how an elder sibling gets jealous at thier newly born brother and sister. Druids were a close second for the healing power that was stolen from us. I thought.

Keep in mind that my toughts regarding guardians were kinda maby bordering on bieng elitistic while at the same time my knowledge of the class was also limited and thus generalised guardians as supporter classes with the meditation and burn guardian at the side. I however firmly believed that supporting was where this class was made at heart. I pretty much read through the zeal,radiance and valor traitlines with blind eyes intentionally.

I do however think that the focus would be to promote balance, However it must be done in a such way that developers themselves get provided with enough information that they can make an informed decision. It’s not just the reasons givens for why something is OP. But how it works as a whole with the currently most used roles a class has and then builds as a close second, rather they are inseparable. If u nerf a trait simply because a single build. u fail to think ahead as other ‘’less op’’ builds might have used that trait as well. Such as Adrenal health. In which condi warriors are seen as unkillable yet power warriors aren’t besides roughly same armour and hp values in general. Aside from condi warriors bieng able land more hits with thier burst skills talking about macebow ofcourse but also the damage on dishes out. It keeps you on your toes and makes a situation more dreadfull. Add the possibility of them staying alive longer by getting more kills as opposed to getting killed also ads to it(personally I believe condi warriors are fine). I believe it’s also a bit of a trick one’s bieng played at playing with ones perception.

What also should be taken in account when balancing is not just if it can beat u in a fight but what it sacrifices and how effective it is in several situations for Example DH bunker is pure bunker. But it’s damage is absolutely zero figuratively speaking. U shouldn’t throw a big nerf hammer at a build that has only 2 combat options but lacks in all others. Neither should the nerf hammer come big on a class that at the moment has little to none build options such as the tempest.

So bassically u need to have a generally nuanced look at balance. It’s not just how OP it is. But how it affects the game as a whole and the class as a whole.

Last and not least. Counters.

Are they reasonable counters to a class or a build. Counters can atleast be divided in 2 groups. Counters regarding to fights. And strategical and tactical counters such as. Ourotating a teamcomp that has 3 dragonhunters. since they have low mobility for example. Spread them around and thus reduce thier on point presence for example

I however think that the last one regarding counters should be more represented by players who are better then average and pro’s.

In short there needs to be more nuanced look from the developers. This doesn’t mean that u have to ignore what all average people say. Instead simply put the pieces together. Fish from info from all demographics and then put a priority on the higher skilled players. Balance from there. that way all voices are heard.

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

therefore I’m not here to lecture anybody from any high moral ground but at the very least I have the courage to admit it..what about you?

Good article, but you’re now lecturing from the high ground of “I’m more courageous and admitting than you are.” Now I’m playing the game of “I’m more observant of all the social games that we’re playing.” It’s inescapable.

But I suppose that’s all irrelevant to gw2. Thanks for the information you’ve found!

I am a teef
:)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

OMG some one just now realized nerfing things that they don’t play so they can get easier kills is a BAD thing….Oh well I guess we all learn/understand/realize things at our own pace. But yea nerfs is one of the major reasons why we don’t have build diversity any more. ( and the fact that most HoT builds are WAY stronger than others)Things ( at the request of other players who don’t play those things but do want to beat those things quite easily) get nerfed into uselessness while making other things super strong, therefore everyone plays these other newly made to be stronger than everything else things and forgets about all the other things that were made to be way too weak via nerfs and rune/amulet removals. And it’s silly because what you end up with is everyone playing the exact same class with the exact same build…yay so fun….

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Funny, I stopped GW2 for a while, got bored and went to the forums to see if anything changed. Then I found this article which described perfectly why I stopped playing GW2.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

that was quite an insightfull article. I recognize all reasons for wanting nerfs. very well summarized.

It was a terrible article, that conveniently omits that some people, in fact many people, genuinely believe a balanced game (or as close to) is good for the game so make points on that basis, or that sometimes people “whine” as he so objectively puts it about genuinely broken things.

The author apparently thinks you should always buff, so when 2 classes are stronger than the rest he would have the devs spend resources buffing the other 7, rather than doing what is more efficient and more likely to succeed and nerfing the 2 strong classes, the guy is just one of these types that cries in his bed at night when his beloved class gets nerfed, who has no concept of how powercreep destroys a game (this game is a fine example of that) and his one sided “article” reflects that.

About the only thing he got right is mentioning devs, really it shouldn’t matter why people call for a nerf or a buff, if the devs in a game are competent they should be able to look at it and decide if the player has a point or not, and not be swayed by a few forum posts.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

that was quite an insightfull article. I recognize all reasons for wanting nerfs. very well summarized.

It was a terrible article, that conveniently omits that some people, in fact many people, genuinely believe a balanced game (or as close to) is good for the game so make points on that basis, or that sometimes people “whine” as he so objectively puts it about genuinely broken things.

The author apparently thinks you should always buff, so when 2 classes are stronger than the rest he would have the devs spend resources buffing the other 7, rather than doing what is more efficient and more likely to succeed and nerfing the 2 strong classes, the guy is just one of these types that cries in his bed at night when his beloved class gets nerfed, who has no concept of how powercreep destroys a game (this game is a fine example of that) and his one sided “article” reflects that.

About the only thing he got right is mentioning devs, really it shouldn’t matter why people call for a nerf or a buff, if the devs in a game are competent they should be able to look at it and decide if the player has a point or not, and not be swayed by a few forum posts.

What are you talking about? .He didn’t omnit anything infact. He outright adresses those seemingly calm and rationale people arguing for nerfs or what u call balance And quite frankly he isn’t even all that wrong on that one as well. You have people that write entire walls of tekst on how conditions are overpowered on how it’s unfair. On how conditions only use two stats and how they seemingly burst just like an power class. While leaving out that they can be cleansed, u can run resistance, run sigils and runes that effect duration etc. then thier main argument is that they there aren’t enough cleanses to combat them. Which is really a sneaky way of saying that conditions should be drained down the gutter. if they are enough cleanses to deal with conditions then condition classes and builds themselves become useless.

Or how tempest healings needs to be reworked without adding a viable offensive option. Look him disagreeing with said people arguing for balance doesn’t mean that he’s ommitting information. While I myself do think that they are actuall rational posters that argue for balance and thus actually offer solutions for other build options rather then oh nerf ele sustain and ’’rework’’ fire traitline without going into detail as to what can happen. Still what said author does doesn’t remotely come close to ommiting information.

Second of all he’s not against nerfs per se. Rather he argues it should be used as a last resort. And while he advocates for buffing more so then nerfing. I do agree that it’s more complicated to buff 7 other classes then to nerf 2 outperfoming classes. Which he didn’t say btw. Rahter he said the reverse. it’s better to buff 1 or 2 classes underperforming and have anything resembling a balance. like we have now in GW2 in which almost all classes are on the same level then put a massive nerf hammer and start from friggin square 1. It’s those massive nerfs on multiple classes which constantly kitten up things. ie if u nerf multiple classes hard. U risk destroying them all together and gw2 is a prime example of that as well.

there is no such thing as a buffing multiple classes is harder then nerfing multiple classes in both cases u can pretty much overnerf and overbuff.

And honestly the majority of what he says is right. Litterally every kittening class is OP. They are all op. DH’s are still OP. thiefs are still OP. they can dodge everything appearantly. DH’s can bunker a point like a turret engineer can. auramancers can appearantly deal kittenons of damage. Warriors are immortal. Necromancers ’s death schroud or reapers shroud is too much appearantly.

The true rational people arguing for balance and not just a massive TLDR on why something should be nerfed without giving the other classes something else to play with is small.

And we both know that Developers are really only half of the problem. even if they think said nerf requests are bullkitten we’d never kittening hear it. This is still a bussiness. And sometimes the big crowds need to be pleased. the majority of players are still the newbies, bad and average ones.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

What are you talking about? .He didn’t omnit anything infact. He outright adresses those seemingly calm and rationale people arguing for nerfs or what u call balance.

You are talking nonsense, maybe re-read it, when he talks about people “seemingly” calm and rationale, as being" skilled sophists", that isn’t referring to people who genuinely want balance, that is making the comparison to the more blunt “aggressive” posts, and those who are “seemingly” calm and rationale are “the real problem” when it comes to pushing their agenda.

Still what said author does doesn’t remotely come close to ommiting information.

Bullkitten, he omits people that genuinely want balance, he omits that sometimes some things are so broken there is no “agenda” behind it, he omits that good players who know how to the play the game can be utterly biased, he omits that MMOs are largely casual games aimed at wide variety of playerbase so that “unskilled” players actually need to be taken into account when making balance decisions, rather than ignored as he implies.

Second of all he’s not against nerfs per se. Rather he argues it should be used as a last resort.

Which is illogical nonsense that speaks volumes about his slanted view, you use what tool is best for the job, normally that is a combination of nerfs & buffs, nerfs should not be any more of a last resort than buffs.

lt’s those massive nerfs on multiple classes which constantly kitten up things. ie if u nerf multiple classes hard. U risk destroying them all together and gw2 is a prime example of that as well.

There is nothing to destroy, because of the powercreep (buffs) GW2 combat is at the lowest skilled, most tedious and least varied it has ever been, buffs have ruined the game.

the majority of players are still the newbies, bad and average ones.

And it’s a casual MMO with a wide playerbase, so they have to be catered for as part of balance, so you for example need classes/builds that are easier to play for some people, or you’ll have no playerbase, and to repeat, just because someone is a good player, it doesn’t mean they are objective in the slightest when it comes to balance or have any real understanding of it (the way good players often forget that you need to balance in different ways for all levels of player is a prime example of that).

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

-snip-

What are you on about?
Your logic is completely flawed! A game becomes worst and worst the more the devs give into the pleas of the “casual” player, things get watered down, hardcounter eliminated and one button wonder builds emerge and finally the build diversity becomes non-existent

The casual player doesn’t care about getting better, doesn’t care about fixing his attitude and strongly believe everything must be given to him on a silver plate simply because he bought the game!

Let’s start from water combat, why was it eliminated?
-Wonky combat?
-Hard to grasp?

Yes to both questions, but that was something that could have been easily fixed, what cannot be changed it’s the casual player attitude : “I don’t want change build when going into the water, I don’t want to be less effective

This is just a small example of players unwillingly to compromise, from there thing get watered down, eliminated because as you say the casual playerbase is the largest one and therefore must be pleased am I right?

The “casual player” ( aka the lazy type not the actual casual player) doesn’t want to lose…ever, he wants nothing of bad/good matchup – rotations, timing etc etc

Everything get changed to please the lazy player ,this bring forth the Power Creep aka one build to rule them all

If one class has one build that counter the only one the lazy player uses, the latter will cry and cry and cry on the forum till such build get nerfed out of existence and so end the build diversity of a game

It’s the lazy player the one who bring power creep..aka no effort required meta necessary to boost your ego, the author of the article is right: it’s the lazy player the one that will whine the most on the forum..and the lazy player represent the majority of the playerbase in every MMO

in PvP

What are you talking about? .He didn’t omnit anything infact. He outright adresses those seemingly calm and rationale people arguing for nerfs or what u call balance.

You are talking nonsense, maybe re-read it, when he talks about people “seemingly” calm and rationale, as being" skilled sophists", that isn’t referring to people who genuinely want balance, that is making the comparison to the more blunt “aggressive” posts, and those who are “seemingly” calm and rationale are “the real problem” when it comes to pushing their agenda.

Still what said author does doesn’t remotely come close to ommiting information.

Bullkitten, he omits people that genuinely want balance, he omits that sometimes some things are so broken there is no “agenda” behind it, he omits that good players who know how to the play the game can be utterly biased, he omits that MMOs are largely casual games aimed at wide variety of playerbase so that “unskilled” players actually need to be taken into account when making balance decisions, rather than ignored as he implies.

Second of all he’s not against nerfs per se. Rather he argues it should be used as a last resort.

Which is illogical nonsense that speaks volumes about his slanted view, you use what tool is best for the job, normally that is a combination of nerfs & buffs, nerfs should not be any more of a last resort than buffs.

lt’s those massive nerfs on multiple classes which constantly kitten up things. ie if u nerf multiple classes hard. U risk destroying them all together and gw2 is a prime example of that as well.

There is nothing to destroy, because of the powercreep (buffs) GW2 combat is at the lowest skilled, most tedious and least varied it has ever been, buffs have ruined the game.

the majority of players are still the newbies, bad and average ones.

And it’s a casual MMO with a wide playerbase, so they have to be catered for as part of balance, so you for example need classes/builds that are easier to play for some people, or you’ll have no playerbase, and to repeat, just because someone is a good player, it doesn’t mean they are objective in the slightest when it comes to balance or have any real understanding of it (the way good players often forget that you need to balance in different ways for all levels of player is a prime example of that).

Again he is not omitting those arguing for genuine balance because he doesn’t agree with it. If he’s more in favour of buffs rather then nerfs and doesn’t agree with said ’’rational’’ posts then u can’t even argue that he’s omitting information. that makes no sense. When u talk about buffs or nerfs. It soon adds an subjective element. I’m not sure how he’s omitting anything. If his premise is more buffs and nerfs as an last resort then those arguign for ‘’genuine balance’’ which is subjective mind you, then it would stand to reason that he would disagree. I’m not sure how he can omit an opinon.

I am however open to the possibility that he did not specify good players that might have an agenda tough that could be implied within the part of players having an agenda when it comes to percieved injustice of other support classes dealing better dps then others. He did not quite specify thier skilllevel as unskilled or skilled. Still skilled players more often then not give better insight in the unskilled ones. That makes only sense.

And yes there is a lot to destroy with massive nerfs. No matter what powercreep you are talking about. The moment u overnerf something it’s effects will be visiable. But not only that u kill build diversity more then an overbuff could. Because u outright make traits simply not work with each other anymore due reducing it’s effectivness so that u cannot make use of it anymore with other traits. U talk as if there is some kind of ceiling to nerfs. And that in itself makes no sense. Why do you think that even in this powercreep of elite specs they are still not counting the meta. they are still 22 working builds? taking about the great, good and the current test build of ROM which was used in the pro leagues btw, the carrion hybrid. Because u can nerf things till they are broken. But if u overbuff classes u can still have traits that are working and have anything resembling a synergy. And don’t get me wrong they are definately not meta level builds, well maby ROM’s is. But they can work. Do I think that balanced should be more nuanced including nerfs and buffs? Sure but I sure as hell think that the new players and unskilled ones should definately have as little priority as possible when talking about balance. It’s catering to to those unskilled people who are more often then not synonymous with lacking knowledge. that have an negative effect on balance.

And yes ofcourse u will have the outliers, the good players that aren as objective as they should be, But come on man. That doesn’t mean that u should have thier opnion weigh on a equal scale with the unskilled ones. Heck I can understand why he implies for them to be ignored. The unskilled one simply doesn’t see how to counter dragonhunter traps, the unskilled one doesn’t see that DH’s really aren’t as tanky as they are just because the burst heal with meditations. for example. DH’s are already used less in pro leagues. Do I think they should be ignored? No. but the priority should definately go to the player that knows how the game works. U can use them and then work on solutions for the new players.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Truth bomb article, this toxic plague of nerfs has been ruining games for a while already.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

“From something that should only be used as a last resort, it has become a quick fix for any problem, from lack of end game content to badly designed player versus player. Of course, I am also not so naïve to think that in massively multiplayer online games everything is perfectly balanced and everyone has a fair chance against each other. In games that revolve around team work no one needs to be a one man army, but if someone is really the underdog some buffs are in order. It is better to improve some class than weaken or completely destroy aspects of another.”

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Meh.. Was hoping for something epic in that link.
Then I noticed the idea to never nerf and only buff.
Stopped reading there.

* It’s also ignorant for anyone to believe that GW2 has received “too many nerfs?”.
That is most laughable thing I’ve ever read in this forum, considering that it’s been nothing but 100% power creep since 6/23/2015 traits to specializations patch and HoT release.*

Don’t let bad media shift your common sense perception guys. Come on now.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Most used words in these subforums? Power Creep.

Like a scratched disk.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Everyone agrees on 2 things: we had more build diversity before HoT, and elite specs are way stronger than regular ones, right? Use your brain and put the 2 together, we lost build diversity because a selected few builds are so kittening broken they don’t leave room for others.

By nerfing them you create build diversity. Nerfs aren’t the problem, in fact we don’t have nearly enough of them, the problem is Anet either removing things instead of balancing them or providng decent alternatives, or only nerfing half the stuff while leaving others untouched/even buffing them.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Everyone agrees on 2 things: we had more build diversity before HoT, and elite specs are way stronger than regular ones, right? Use your brain and put the 2 together, we lost build diversity because a selected few builds are so kittening broken they don’t leave room for others.

By nerfing them you create build diversity. Nerfs aren’t the problem, in fact we don’t have nearly enough of them, the problem is Anet either removing things instead of balancing them or providng decent alternatives, or only nerfing half the stuff while leaving others untouched/even buffing them.

I disaggree that there was more build diversity before HoT. You still had the OP flavor of the month, that hasn’t changed.
I don’t disaggree with elite specs being stronger then core specs, however nerfing is surprisingly not the solution. Why because the problem with elite specs is not that elite spec skills are stronger then core skills in fact a lot of elite spec builds still run core skills. However what makes them OP is the fact that they have , by design more skills. Basically it boils down to: more options→more choices→better choices→power creep.
So nerfing the elite specs to core spec level would mean that the elite spec skills would underperform.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I had a lot more builds to play before HoT and even long before that, what got rid of my builds that I enjoyed so much was the nerfing of my skills into oblivion and the removal of the only amulets that would work with that build, and even today they still are removing amulets that are the only ones that would work with certain builds therefore causing builds to be gotten rid of. So yea it’s nerfs & amulet/rune removals that gets rid of build diversity. Seems like they are telling us what to play and saying either you play this or nothing cuz if you try to play something else you will lose and you will lose hard. RIP free will.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

People who hate nerfs usually can’t adapt quickly enough. That is a reflection of IQ. There will always be one weak class but at least nerfs and buffs can let players try out a new class and enjoy doing well with it. It is more convenient for the community as a whole to balance. If not for satisfaction it is pointless because every time you weaken a class you will strengthen another. Balance is a good way to give more than one set of players the spotlight.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Article has zero shares.
No stated author.

I stopped there. If you aren’t even willing to attach an authors name, I am not willing to read it. For all I know the king of trolls is the author of this. Like all authors who lack any form of credential or qualification they aim purely for the low hanging fruit, making large and sweeping statements, speak only in generalisations. They didn’t address the reasons for plague of nerfs, instead they just put it on the players as the fault.

The plague of nerfs, starts with Bosses, raids and end game content. Skills were balanced with a team trying to defeat a boss with enormous health, one shot mechanics, insane toughness. They then wonder why everything seems so O.P when used on a player target of low health, no one shot mechanics and finite toughness.
The plague of nerfs exists only because game developers try to run 2 or more different versions of their game and expect a one size to fit all approach to work.

in PvP

People who hate nerfs usually can’t adapt quickly enough. That is a reflection of IQ. .

Sorry that is such a load of kitten. Come on.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

It’s the truth adapting is part of life. Guildwars 2 has an adaptive environment in pve that demands adapting character to play. Builds are updated and change every expansion even if you don’t want nerfs. Adaptation is fundamental to gaming in general.

in PvP

It’s the truth adapting is part of life. Guildwars 2 has an adaptive environment in pve that demands adapting character to play. Builds are updated and change every expansion even if you don’t want nerfs. Adaptation is fundamental to gaming in general.

Oh come on,You can’t really believe this kitten man. Do you really think this to be the case? People hate nerfs for varrying reasons. They can think it’s unjustified,They think that nerfs can harm the balance rather then improve it. They can hate it for XYZ reasons. But more importantly there is Always some kind of Bias involved when it pertains to something u like. Ofcourse how big your bias is varries. But to bring the IQ card in a game that only somewhat tests your abilityt to adapt in a portion of the game that is called theorycrafting is beyond bullkitten. Honestly cannot believe u would say that.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Then you have power creep. People hate that too. How would you like them to have never nerfed stealth since beta? Thief could attack and instantly re-stealth with no reveal. If you faced that nonsense you wouldn’t be so upset about nerfs. Also you forget the self resurrecting bunker rangers that were nearly immortal 3 vs 1 which was pure kitten because they could also kill you. Nerfs happened for a good reason. You might like an op class but that doesn’t mean other class mains like having their class looked down on 100% of the time. Allow a class to shine and hope that the nerfs move in the direction promoting a display of skill rather than spam.

in PvP

Then you have power creep. People hate that too. How would you like them to have never nerfed stealth since beta? Thief could attack and instantly re-stealth with no reveal. If you faced that nonsense you wouldn’t be so upset about nerfs. Also you forget the self resurrecting bunker rangers that were nearly immortal 3 vs 1 which was pure kitten because they could also kill you. Nerfs happened for a good reason. You might like an op class but that doesn’t mean other class mains like having their class looked down on 100% of the time. Allow a class to shine and hope that the nerfs move in the direction promoting a display of skill rather than spam.

The one bad thing doesn’t justify the other. I don’t get how some people somehow argue that one bad thing is enough justification for something worse. U are not adressing anything with this. Espically not with removing 1 amulet again.

And trust with how A-net tends to go overboard case in point, almost only nerfs to elementalists. and then removin an amulet they rely on the most is a prime example of this. I will never be content with bullkitten because I happend to suffer bullkitten from somebody else in the past. And you should too really.

in PvP

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

I can make this much simpler to understand:

Player buys game and decides to main “Class A”
Class A receives “nerf” because other player complain about Class A.

So we have two problems…basically the developers are either saying that they made a mistake when they launched the vanilla version of the game, otherwise all of the classes should have been balanced (at least according to the developers insights), and yet here we go with neverending adjustments.

There are plenty of games that have had less class adjustments and still maintained population. This is similar to the situation where if you give someone a discount in customer service, they start to try to get that same discount every time…now you have these players who feel it is owed to them to have other classes dumbed down.

The above mentioned scenario is hardly “balance”. What happens is that a naturally skilled player will farm someone and then that player looks to see what class just killed him…oh wow that Warrior killed me…I think Warrior must be OP. Yes, its that simple…players have ego and assume that surely they wouldnt be killed unless its a class issue. So now we are nerfing classes simply because some good player looked good on it.

I think it should be obvious which classes have been positively and negatively affected by this, but unfortunately…these are not my subscriptions…this is not my money and so whether this company has the ability to realize that punishing a “class” is not the best solution. You should never take something away from a person…they will always feel like the loser….it would be better to provide enhancements, while adjusting things that you feel are significantly overpowered in comparison.