The Poll.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Has the population diminished so much that we only have either/or option? Sure teamQ will have longer queue time when we separate both but killing an option all together is totally excessive.

Lack of transparency between dev and community is one thing, now it seems more and more like complete miscommunication.

Statistic can be a real devil sometimes, and the only thing this poll’s wording will generate is segregating players and generate hostility between them, rather than coming to an understanding and resolution.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Oh my what is A-net doing … Sounds like optimizing without investing much effort (e.g. just change max team size)
If thers only a solo/duo q it´s also not good as to match 4+5 pemades with solo/duo …
But if it´s not possible to have both Q´s then the solo/duo is the better option.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’d rather they fix matchmaking than resort to killing all premades but at this point I have no faith in their matchmaking system ever working properly so I’ll settle for a solo/duo q.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

This is what grouch said:

“But Josh, what about people that like to queue as premades, do guild missions, etc?” An overwhelming majority of players already play as solo/duo in leagues, but that doesn’t mean we’re not thinking about the groups and the guilds. That said, unranked arena will continue to accommodate roster sizes of up to 5. Guild missions will still be able to be completed in unranked arena. Assuming the post-season 5 permanence poll passes, we’ll evaluate the need for another environment where teams can compete (based on your feedback).

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

This is a troublesome post.
For me, I don’t have many friends/reliable teams I can join, so whenever I’m out of the first tier, I’m guaranteed to lose any chance at progress because all I’ll be fighitng are premade teams. So I voted to soloQ only.

But I can also understand the other side. If I did have enough pvp’ing friends or knew a good team to fight with, I would want to be able to Q with them as such.

In the end I voted soloQ because I want to be able to progress a little next season without having to break through a barrier of ‘premade teams only from here on’

But a good alternative would be soloQ AND TeamQ.
SoloQ: you cannot queue if you’re in a party. You’re randomly put against 5 others with 4 random allies.
TeamQ: you must queue with 5 people. You will be put against another team of also 5 people.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Hydrixi.2340

Hydrixi.2340

This is the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

Make one league for un-teamed Queue.

Make one league for team-Queue.

(Similar to unranked vs. ranked so they don’t queue in to eachother.)

or do you not have the workforce to make this happen? and are settling for not as good of solution and a half-finished result.

In my mind, like one other guy said, the polls are attracting only a vocal population, it’s biased. It’s like how ArenaNet changes things because someone complains, failing to apply the feedback of all parties and make out with a more sensible solution. Every thing someone has complained about has been changed, instead of constructing the game well because of what both parties have said.

Taking in one side of this would be a massive failure of implementing communities’ feelings about issues. Appeal to both sides this time, Arena Net, and realize the constructivity of it. Thank you.

(edited by Hydrixi.2340)

The Poll.

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

or do you not have the workforce to make this happen? and are settling for not as good of solution and a half-finished result.

In my mind, like one other guy said, the polls are attracting only a vocal population, it’s biased. It’s like how ArenaNet changes things because someone complains, failing to apply the feedback of all parties and make out with a more sensible solution. Every thing someone has complained about has been changed, instead of constructing the game well because of what both parties have said.

Taking in one side of this would be a massive failure of implementing communities’ feelings about issues. Appeal to both sides this time, Arena Net, and realize the constructivity of it. Thank you.

everything someone has complained about has been changed? oh.. if only that were true. Ever been on the bug forum? ever been on QOL forum? trust me, not even 1% of the ‘daily problems’ have been adressed in the past 4 years

As for the vocal minority:
there’s something called the “80 20 5” rule in game development. basically, it states that out of the entire population of a given game, 80% of players will never engage beyond the game itself. this means that 80% of players will only play the game and will never so much as look at a forum for it, read articles, etc. 20% (of all players) will bother to look at forums/subreddit/articles, but most will never actually contribute by posting replies, or create content. lastly, out of all players, 5% will not only engage beyond the game, but will actually contribute content themselves, by posting in forums, being active in the subbreddit, and create videos and other content.
voiced by https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/54038c/estimating_gw2s_population_size/

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

A few thoughts & concerns regarding this proposal. (haven’t been able to vote on the poll because it is not working for me)

• Ranked season is not the time or place to be testing things. Anything to be tested should be done in Unranked & preferably during off-season
  • Eradicating teams from Ranked play (even if it turns out only to be one season) is madness. The entire concept of Conquest is based on 5-man teams.
  • How does Anet propose to encourage team progression to ESL if teams are unable to compete in Ranked?
  • I can see no reason why there can’t be solo/duo queue AND team queue. Have it as a settings preference similiar to Conquest and Stronghold.
My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Hydrixi.2340

Hydrixi.2340

everything someone has complained about has been changed? oh.. if only that were true. Ever been on the bug forum? ever been on QOL forum? trust me, not even 1% of the ‘daily problems’ have been adressed in the past 4 years

there’s something called the “80 20 5” rule in game development. basically, it states that out of the entire population of a given game, 80% of players will never engage beyond the game itself. this means that 80% of players will only play the game and will never so much as look at a forum for it, read articles, etc. 20% (of all players) will bother to look at forums/subreddit/articles, but most will never actually contribute by posting replies, or create content. lastly, out of all players, 5% will not only engage beyond the game, but will actually contribute content themselves, by posting in forums, being active in the subbreddit, and create videos and other content.
voiced by https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/54038c/estimating_gw2s_population_size/

That’s my point. So do we want to trust THAT 5% to make this “corrective” change? What if they’re not in the sector of the game that is being changed? What if they are in general PvE players who only play on the weekends and only do PvP for dailies and then quit? Is the math we get in this the chance that we WANT?

Because we can’t guarentee these 5% of players are in the population we WANT to poll for the best constructivity, we can make the better system and advance our game in a positive way we can take corrective feedback off of.

The Poll.

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

That’s my point. So do we want to trust THAT 5% to make this “corrective” change? What if they’re not in the sector of the game that is being changed? What if they are in general PvE players who only play on the weekends and only do PvP for dailies and then quit? Is the math we get in this the chance that we WANT?

Because we can’t guarentee these 5% of players are in the population we WANT to poll for the best constructivity, we can make the better system and advance our game in a positive way we can take corrective feedback off of.

The 5% rule applies to active players mostly. 20% of the playerbase is on the forum, but that 20% is also mostly only on their field. I think only 0.5% looks beyond their field of expertise. so that 5% who actively contributes is 4.9% pvp’ing people.

The Poll.

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

A few thoughts & concerns regarding this proposal. (haven’t been able to vote on the poll because it is not working for me)

• Ranked season is not the time or place to be testing things. Anything to be tested should be done in Unranked & preferably during off-season
    >Ranked season is not the time or place to be testing things. very true. But thats not the point for this poll
  • Eradicating teams from Ranked play (even if it turns out only to be one season) is madness. The entire concept of Conquest is based on 5-man teams.
    >But it’s also a barrier for people without teams. They can’t play at all unless they’re so good they can compensate for a premade team.
  • How does Anet propose to encourage team progression to ESL if teams are unable to compete in Ranked?
    >That is a good point. Maybe now a pug-team can make it to ESL
  • I can see no reason why there can’t be solo/duo queue AND team queue. Have it as a settings preference similiar to Conquest and Stronghold.
    >This is what a lot of people are suggesting now. And something I fully endorse!

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i think ppl even me dont fully get the purpose of ranked and unranked map

atm seems that ranked area is for you to know how good you are and level up to legendary . if its so that solo-dou is good as most ppl if play with full group might be carry by the group (i have seen many ppl whom i have killed while i was ruby and they were legendery)

or

is ranked supposed to be the more high serious map than unranked where you test build and have casual fun ? if so we need to give premade groups to play in ranked also

it seems the more you go fo title and achievments solo is more appropriate

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

It’s like watching Homer Simpson trying to stop the nuclear power plant from blowing up.

(edited by Zynt.5769)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

It’s like watching Homer Simpson trying to stop the nuclear power plant from blowing up isn’kitten

Homer managed to stop that multiple times! May it be because of a straydog that pushed a button when he sleept or because his fat kitten got stuck in a radioactive gas tank when he became extremly fat

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

It’ll be one season, and it will be an excellent method to help the SPvP populace figure out what they want from Ranked. There’s no PTR that will enable Arenanet to work with live figures of participation.

It’ll also filter out whether or not the community really wanted solo/duo queues. Not saying that the population wouldn’t know any better, but after you go through a few cycles of ironically the forum ‘balance experts’ getting what they wanted with buffs, nerfs, etc. Only for someone else to complain about the change in place, it becomes difficult to determine whether someone has a great idea about how to improve SPvP, or if its a selfish request that will ultimately cause more strife.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

IF this new system is implented, it will only impact players who enjoyed team play. For big majority of soloq and duoq players it wont mean a thing. People who cry for change like this are just blaming pre mades for their lack of progression. That’s how weak human brain works. If i suck at something, well there must be something wrong with the system. But fear not, all these weak players will plague forums with other useless whining and complain about other unfair imaginary system flaws even after this change. This all comes from a player who only soloq, and in all these seasons I’ve never felt like I was being farmed.

Tldr: nothing will change, bad people gonna keep being bad, good people gonna keep stomping them.

Gunnar’s Hold

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

I know lots of players who play ranked until they reach their desired badge (e.g. diamond or legendary) and then stop playing PvP completely until the start of the next season. They don’t seem to care about the experience that much and just want that shiny sticker or title next to their name. Obviously they wouldn’t mind a faster and more abusable matchmaking.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Ok, maybe i misread it, but doesn’t

Would restricting queuing for ranked matches to only one or two player groups for Season 5 improve the PvP experience?

read pretty much:
Do you want ranked to be either SOLO/DUO or TEAMS?
If i understood it right, i’m afraid others didn’t, because i can’t see how 80% of people DON’T want to play team pvp.
Sure separate queues SHOULD be implemented, but not have a either/or situation.
I mean if you do this, how do you even put stuff like guild teams and Challengers in that equation?

Would be awesome if we got some clarification on that.

I had to read it twice as well. Considering the amount of ‘yes’ voters, kind of a lot people misread it. Or they’re salty as they can’t find a team.

As for me, I haven’t been in a team for ages. And to be honest, I don’t mind. I don’t mind ending up against a full team either. It makes it more challenging.

And also: Why on earths name would GW2 discourage teamplay, in a pop mode where it is so important to work all tighter with 5 people..

And where’s the room for new teams to improve if you can only queue solo or duo? That means decent teams of five people have no chance whatsoever to practice and get better to enter the ESL tournaments, because, let’s be honest, there’s no ‘practice’ in unranked queueing as a 5 man pre-made…

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

ranked is for ranking players as individuals, (playing as a team, and more as a stablished team gets an idea of team “skill” not individual “skill”,best form of adjusting to individual skills is aoloq placed whith randoms sometimes better than you sometimes whorse….)teams need a system to be ranked as a whole team, and farming soloqueurs is not the sistem to get a team progresion, teams may confront teams
and eliminating teams from ranked play it put all on the same q and aplying simply a mmr restriction that they say they aply yet(but all know that is not true), full teams dont confront soloq teams ,they can get and exact idea of the q times of a posible new teamq

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

here the thing premade players keep complaining about long Q times. because of that ANET allowed 4 man premade to fight all soloQ. this was not possible during S2 and S3, but w/e. now here we are ANET asking players who probably lose to a premade before. and lets face it guys be real here the reason premade tema gets longer Q’s before because a minority have time to play with 4+ people the wait 10 min Q just to play another 15 mins. im not saying removed teamQ but i think with all the QQ of premade longer Q times, u have this coming.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Correct me if I am wrong here, but the current matchmaking system already tries to pair solos v. solos and groups v. groups as best it can.

The problem is that most people don’t group for whatever reason, and the matchmaking system must work within the bounds of the population available at the time the match is created, all the while attempting to manage queue times.

It sounds great in theory to split the queues into solo/duo and team queues and have it as a selectable preference, but I imagine the queue time for teams would be so long it would be unplayable.

EDIT: If team queues are dropped. There needs to be some sort of organized team play on a regular basis.

(edited by SaltAndLight.4652)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

to be honest I feel the best option would be to allow 2 queues

1. Solo/Duo
2. Any roster size

Provide the player a check box option just like with strong hold /Conquest asking if they want to q Solo/Duo OR Any queue.
This way any player who is indifferent about the solo/duo/premade argument can get faster q pops. Also a Duo team may want to fight team queue and as such could get teamed with another trio vs 5 man premade.

However Im certainly not surprised with the current poll results. GW2 is a casual game and as such a vast majority of players are solo or duo q players. Anyone who thinks that premades is the norm and not the exception is deluding themselves. But when solo players do come across premades and get farmed it has a disproportionately negative impact on their game enjoyment vs if they lose against another solo q team.

Nobody should underestimate the huge benefit a proper premade has (whether voice comms or not) vs solo q players.

Just knowing how well your team mates play and how they handle themselves is a huge bonus.
When you add voice comms and the ability to tell your team mates that you need “help at home” or “don’t bother I got this, go mid.” saves a huge amount of time and gives a major tactical advantage when it comes to map rotations compared to hoping your pug solo team mates are watching mini map or reading the team chat (which again is a tactical loss since you have to spend time typing which is difficult if you are fighting 1v2 and trying to stay alive) .

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Dunno why people is surprised, it’s the same majority we had since forever, when they put soloqueue in the game and the majority complained when Anet removed it.

No surprise at all honestly, Majority of people play solo or with a friend, this is better for matchmaker because this change simplifies it, less parameters to consider, better way to evaluate players, more chance to have a balanced game.

(edited by philheat.3956)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

dropping team play is totally kittened… the only positive thing that would come of this is you’d have no one to blame when you find out that you still suck lol (although then it’ll always be the pugs on your teams fault.)

The only form of spvp i still enjoy is when i get a group of 5 players and go play it gives me the best reward feeling to win.(to win as a team) and please dont say oh well you should just play tournaments ( no i shouldn’t the logistics of getting 5 friends on all at a certain time on a certain day is next to impossible and sure i could get 5 randos in my guild but id get rofl stomped)

also dont reply with well play in team ques my god can you imagine the que times lol . Granted i can do something else while i wait but since i dont really pve that doesnt help me much. (ive solo’d into legendary all 4 seasons so que times would be a huge issue)

the flaw with polling is there will always be more sucky players then good ones and its sad that it appears anet will cater to the bad majority.. owell gg anet rant over

edit- i dont want to be one of those who dont offer a solution to my complaints. if you must delete team queuing in the main ranked que. Then add another ranked que for team play(and solo que if you wish) but this que would give better/more rewards etc (maybe even set a multiplier on que time so if you sit in que for a hour least it would be worth it) (since everyone’s argument is the current que is to hard QQ)

(edited by Nova.3817)

The Poll.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

dropping team play is totally kittened… the only positive thing that would come of this is you’d have no one to blame when you find out that you still suck lol (although then it’ll always be the pugs on your teams fault.)

The only form of spvp i still enjoy is when i get a group of 5 players and go play it gives me the best reward feeling to win.(to win as a team) and please dont say oh well you should just play tournaments ( no i shouldn’t the logistics of getting 5 friends on all at a certain time on a certain day is next to impossible and sure i could get 5 randos in my guild but id get rofl stomped)

also dont reply with well play in team ques my god can you imagine the que times lol (granted i can do something else while i wait but since i dont really pve that doesnt help me much. (ive solo’d into legendary all 4 seasons so que times would be a huge issue)

the flaw with polling is there will always be more sucky players then good ones and its sad that it appears anet will cater to the bad majority.. owell gg anet rant over

You enjoy team play but soloed to legend all 4 seasons. So already you played the majority of your games solo. The change should have minimal impact on you then no?

The Poll.

in PvP

philheat.3956

They real problem is for people who like to play in 5 in ranked because is the only way they have to win and to climb divisions, chain stomping disorganized guys with random setup and random mmr.

If you like to play in 5 for fun and for guild missions unranked is the way
if you like to play in 5 for a competitive goal, skirmish in pvt arenas is the way.
if you like to improve yourself like a player, map awareness etc, solo or duo queue is the way.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

How do I even vote? it directs me to my account page

The Poll.

in PvP

philheat.3956

Just log in in your account before to vote if you have issues with the poll.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

Just log in in your account before to vote if you have issues with the poll.

But im already logged in, this is what it looks like when I press “Vote Today!”

Attachments:

The Poll.

in PvP

Nova.3817

also dont reply with well play in team ques my god can you imagine the que times lol (granted i can do something else while i wait but since i dont really pve that doesnt help me much. (ive solo’d into legendary all 4 seasons so que times would be a huge issue)

You enjoy team play but soloed to legend all 4 seasons. So already you played the majority of your games solo. The change should have minimal impact on you then no?

in terms of getting legendary no it will no effect on me at all…

in terms of enjoyable play yes… no one wants to que in hotjoins to play as a team (when you get trolls who afk or play against four mans or a troll that joins our team lol need i go on)

unranked is filled with beta maps that my competitive friends have no interest in playing bc when was the last time anet changed the ranked map rotation lol plus the rewards are much less…

also no i played majority in teams after legendary was achieved lol i dont just get legendary and stop playing like some…

(edited by Nova.3817)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

They real problem is for people who like to play in 5 in ranked because is the only way they have to win and to climb divisions, chain stomping disorganized guys with random setup and random mmr.

if you like to play in 5 for a competitive goal, skirmish in pvt arenas is the way.
if you like to improve yourself like a player, map awareness etc, solo or duo queue is the way.

Don’t know why so many passive aggressiveness and generalisation has been passed around here, OP is not asking for “solo/duoQ vs Premade”, he’s asking “why not both?”

Trial season for season 5 can’t exactly work as a reason for not having both though, you can also have 2 queues in trial season as well and it actually gives more teamQ perspective for those who play teamQ.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Just to state the obvious:

Theres a Team Challenge in place for you know…. TEAMS.

The Poll.

in PvP

philheat.3956

Don’t know why so many passive aggressiveness and generalisation has been passed around here, OP is not asking for “solo/duoQ vs Premade”, he’s asking “why not both?”

Trial season for season 5 can’t exactly work as a reason for not having both though, you can also have 2 queues in trial season as well and it actually gives more teamQ perspective for those who play teamQ.

Because there is no point to have only a queue for full teams and having super long queues or team with 500 mmr against a team with 1500 mmr after 30 min queue (just an example.)

Anet has good metrics about this and for sure they realized a full team will work badly in this game right now.

But I agree Anet could introduce in a better way this poll, giving more motivations (pro/cons) for soloqueue and duo queue and not a team queue.

Maybe for some guy is obvious but for the majoirty isn’t.

(edited by philheat.3956)

The Poll.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

At the current state the matchmaking algo is at, mixed queue is just toxic.

Since there’s been no communication on any changes regarding the matchmaking and how teams are matched against/with solo players, I voted Yes.

The current state is:
You can make any kind of team, mmr is averaged and then matched with/against players with similar mmr.
This works, IF the pre-made team’s players have similar rating to begin with and the ratings are a correct representation of playerskill.
Ah, but here’s the rub already. Mr Pro can invite his/her newbie friend without a clue how to even dodge, mmr gets averaged, and this small team gets matched with and against average players. So you can end up with the following:
Team A: 1-9-5-5-5
vs.
Team B: 5-5-5-5-5
So, my money is on Team A, since gw2 pvp is quite casual friendly with the right pvp build. Now Team A wins and all get their ratings up-adjusted. Rating now for that small newbie is a 2 instead of a 1. Has he improved really that much? Probably not. So his rating gets skewed the longer he plays with his big brother.

→ Toxic.

Now, me personally, Id have preferred for Anet to solve this issue with separate ratings for everybody when queueing as premade and soloQ. So theres no splitting of the playerbase.
But, alas, no acknowledgement, no peep about it. I guess, fiddling with the database and algorithm to that extent isnt something Anet wants to risk.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Since there’s been no communication on any changes regarding the matchmaking and how teams are matched against/with solo players, I voted Yes.

The current state is:
You can make any kind of team, mmr is averaged and then matched with/against players with similar mmr.
This works, IF the pre-made team’s players have similar rating to begin with and the ratings are a correct representation of playerskill.
Ah, but here’s the rub already. Mr Pro can invite his/her newbie friend without a clue how to even dodge, mmr gets averaged, and this small team gets matched with and against average players. So you can end up with the following:
vs.
So, my money is on Team A, since gw2 pvp is quite casual friendly with the right pvp build. Now Team A wins and all get their ratings up-adjusted. Rating now for that small newbie is a 2 instead of a 1. Has he improved really that much? Probably not. So his rating gets skewed the longer he plays with his big brother.

-> Toxic.

Now, me personally, Id have preferred for Anet to solve this issue with separate ratings for everybody when queueing as premade and soloQ. So theres no splitting of the playerbase.
But, alas, no acknowledgement, no peep about it. I guess, fiddling with the database and algorithm to that extent isnt something Anet wants to risk.

This isn’t how it worked in Ranked since Season 1. At least not in Seasons 2 and 3. The MMR and pip range of the party were set to the highest MMR of the player in the party to keep people from doing that because top tier players were searching for people with the lowest MMR possible to drop their queue times.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

People will see if this happens that what was stopping them from getting to legendary was not the 3 or man man groups they faced once in awhile but there own skill level. That’s the only positive that will come out of this. I remember the days of the old solo and team arena it was far from perfection and many of the same complaints as today. Also, many solo players queued for team arena in those days. The matchmaking function they use stinks and the bad part of it has very little to do with allowing pre-mades to occassionally face pugs. Some of the wost matches I get are all solos and duos. They still don’t know how to put people of equal skill level together. One team almost always gets stuck with a poison pill player or two.

(edited by Rigante.2470)

The Poll.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Well…… this goes to show that most gamers are loners; either (1) just want to play alone, or (2) have no one else to play with. Great, its not just me who is alone and sad!!!! [Hug myself].

I don’t think its quite that way. Im a social player but I have a lot of friends in game that like to do diff things. PVE/WVW/PVP etc. I play approx 1-2 hours when I login and I tend to see my friends in WvW or they are doing fractals or some HOT event etc. Not all are in PvP so that’s why I end up solo or duo q most often.

The Poll.

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Personally I voted no because I think it’s BS that I can’t group up with 2 or 3 friends and have fun in Ranked together. There was an option discussed to have the party differetial range set to 2 and I think that is a better option. That way a 2-1-1-1 comp doesn’t have to go against a 5 comp. Only parties of 3 or more would have a chance of going against a 5 person party.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

now we need a per class MMR added and no class swap just build change. (With templates even better)

The Poll.

in PvP

Nova.3817

The current state is:
vs.

-> Toxic.

actually that system is only how it was in season 1

2-4 would have been like so

team a -1-9-5-5-5

vs

team b- 8-8-9-9-10

if team a still manages to win then that 1 player proabably deserves a boost lol along with everyone else QQers gonna QQ

heres a fix seperate solo que mmr from team que mmr ez

The Poll.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

(…)

This isn’t how it worked in Ranked since Season 1. At least not in Seasons 2 and 3. The MMR and pip range of the party were set to the highest MMR of the player in the party to keep people from doing that because top tier players were searching for people with the lowest MMR possible to drop their queue times.

You are confusing ranked badge with mmr. Please make sure you know at least the basics before stating stuff you dont know anything about.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont think ppl complain about premade groups . i play solo most of the time and the pugs i had OMG…. so this problem will continue as nothing will be changed
yes time to time i faced 4 premade or even 2+3 premade most of the time i lost and some i won…
the real problem is still here MMR reset or otherwise it will be harder for ppl to advance

so make another poll
1. reset MMR every season
2. MMR stay the same

and another poll
1. MMR is revealed
2. MMR stayed hidden

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

In the next section create a Poll about if ppl want to have different MMR with each character :P

So if i have ’’marked’’ someone from the forums …. i just play less ’’effencient’’ when i see him .. cause of lag (Vuze 51kB/s -/- 81kB/s) … and dont worry , because i can do my best with other characters :P

Or release a blogpost about why not :P
Or by participating with each character, you are forced to pay 100 gold to avoid some silly mentalities , regadles if ppl want to troll:P

Edit: and a blog saying that :
whover got low MMR cuase of the sustem , it means that the next season they will get 10-15 easy wins ….
while ppl that high MMR and demand a reset = they mean they are a bunch of whinning kids that want too some free wins :P

they will know why soloque was removed … either by beeing in the mercy of team8s that troll/afk or their character that get hardcounted/or simply dont agree with change of characters , or simply they dont listen:P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When answering this poll I felt like I was answering the following question:

“Do you want Guild Wars 2 pvp to self destruct?”
Yes or No?

I’ve had much fun playing ranked pvp with full pvp teams in the past, taking this away will make Anet lose half the pvp population.

What the kitten is going on? Can’t you just bring back solo queue like everyone has been asking for during the last 2 years? If the population already so low that you can’t even support 2 different queue types then perhaps you should start listening to your community that has been asking for a GvG mode since the launch.

The Poll.

in PvP

Shadow.1345

(…)

You are confusing ranked badge with mmr. Please make sure you know at least the basics before stating stuff you dont know anything about.

I’m not confusing anything. During Season 1 they changed how parties work in Ranked matchmaking.

Before it looked like this:

(1 + 9 + 6)/3 = 5

Now it looks like this:

(1 + 9 + 6) = 9

And I’m not the only person who knows your analysis is wrong…

actually that system is only how it was in season 1

2-4 would have been like so

team a -1-9-5-5-5

vs

team b- 8-8-9-9-10

if team a still manages to win then that 1 player proabably deserves a boost lol along with everyone else QQers gonna QQ

heres a fix seperate solo que mmr from team que mmr ez

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The problem with “just have a team and a solo queue separate” is population. A long time ago we didn’t have the distinction between ranked and unranked, and just had team and solo queues. The GW2 PvP population can support a two-way split, but not a four-way split of ranked/unranked solo/team queues.

The other problem is what happens when you split it four ways like that and a 4-man queue joins the team queue. That group will have to wait a long, long time for their queue to pop because most competent solo players will be playing in solo queue, and eventually when their queue does pop they’ll get an excruciatingly bad fifth player, resulting in a toxic environment for all and a really bad match-up. Furthermore, the larger the team sizing the more volatile MMR is as a representation of personal skill.

As a person who plays in full teams regularly, I have no problem playing with my full teams in unranked. Ranked serves literally zero purpose other than to get extra rewards. It surely doesn’t represent skill in its current form, nor is it some meaningful test bed for groups trying to get into ESL tournaments (5 v 2+1+1+1 is not helping you get better). Meanwhile, having ranked be solo or duo only would hone in MMR onto a much more representative value for individuals resulting in better matchmaking for everyone. I think the “Yes” option on this poll is spectacular, and I look forward to playing season 5 should it pass.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

GW2 has never gotten this system right. Ever. There’s no reason for me to believe they will get it right now 4 years into the game’s lifespan.

To be fair, the community can’t get it right either. We bicker too much about this or that, or about what’s important. Watch the video.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I voted for no restrictions even though I solo or duo queue myself most of the time.

I feel that the latest season I rarely had any problems with solo or duo queue vs 4man or 5man teams. Problems has been matchmaking over all.

I do not like the take away something from people when I beleave it is not a problem.

THIS!!!

Its so rare to see 5 man premades vs solo players, actually i don’t think i ever saw more than 3 players when solo duoing. I saw 3-5 when i was with 3-5 players myself.
But i did get constant lose streaks because of getting people without the most basic sense of strategy on my teams.
I mean its not even to the level of animation cancels and all that its more like not being able to contribute in any way to the match.
Honestly so many people complain about being farmed, i honestly never felt any of that, and even then, with coordination, unless the 5 player team is really good a team of random people with basic typing and game awareness can win. I’ve done it, and had it done to me when playing with guildies.

About Hellseth’s opinion, he’s right, in most aspects, except the most evident, and one that a guy that’s already in the competitive level for so long would forget. There’s no entry-level for teams. Sure you can find scrimms and community tournaments, if you’re already a competitive palyer, but casual players that want to take that leap won’t have a means to get there without a proper team ranked mode. And honestly that’s what’s been lacking, not a proper solo, but proper TEAM, in fact this is a wholesale problem with guildwars 2, they tried so hard to make the game solo-friendly in every step that its really hard to now go into team based content. Raids are still a fringe content, spvp is severely lacking, and WvW is just plain suck.

And don’t get me started with Guild Challenger on pvp. The Guild team leaderboard is so broken its not even funny. I mean when the top 5-10 Guilds are ALL the same guild you know something’s wrong.

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

The Poll.

in PvP

Nova.3817

rip pvp guilds all i gotta say

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I want 3 different Q’s

Solo Q -Ranked
Team Q -Ranked

And a Q that forces new players to undergo simple PvP techniques (like capping, learning to stay on a point to contest it & learning when to get buffs) A 10 minute intro, it will weed out the bads imo. And it can be skipped once the intro has been completed and you get a PvP Title as a reward for actually completing it. Like “Rookie” or “Tender-foot”