The Poll.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I voted, and i totally support having a solo Q/duo Q only for ranked pvp.

I have voiced my opinion on many threads for years since the removal of solo Q in pvp, I being a mostly solo Q player(90% of the time) have always hated facing against premade teams, whether i win the match or not the idea of 5 solo Q players going against a full premade team is just wrong, it destroys the balanced competitive nature of the game.

With a premade team, which is most likely in teamspeak/discord the communication between that premade team makes their rotation across the map much smoother and makes it unbalanced against solo Q players. Losing against a premade team su<ks, it gives people a reason for giving up in being competitive and instead of the game growing, it alienates more people which benefits premade people and getting them carried to legendary rank, but overall it messes up the game for everyone else, which overall is bad for majority of the community.

If you want to keep playing premade, you can still do that in unranked, Legendary ranked always had the stigma of getting carried by premade teams, and this won’t be an issue coming next season with the changes to come. I got to legendary the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pvp season as mostly a solo Q player(90%)….

After not having any reason to play the 4th season, and the fact that they haven’t made any changes to help soloQ’euers for the the 4th season gave me a perfect excuse to snub the whole season(played 1 game~insane right), instead i kept playing unranked since losing against a premade in unranked did not matter to me because i won’t lose pips for losing a game there~which leads to no rage quitting and no blaming.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

(…)

This isn’t how it worked in Ranked since Season 1. At least not in Seasons 2 and 3. The MMR and pip range of the party were set to the highest MMR of the player in the party to keep people from doing that because top tier players were searching for people with the lowest MMR possible to drop their queue times.

You are confusing ranked badge with mmr. Please make sure you know at least the basics before stating stuff you dont know anything about.

I’m not confusing anything. During Season 1 they changed how parties work in Ranked matchmaking.

Before it looked like this:

(1 + 9 + 6)/3 = 5

Now it looks like this:

(1 + 9 + 6) = 9

And I’m not the only person who knows your analysis is wrong…

Read below. Highlighted for your convenience. Nothing about changing the way MMR for a team is calculated.

(…)
Shopping for Ambers
(…)
An example of this would be two friends: one is in Diamond and the other is in Amber. For Season 2, these two players will still be able to team up and play together, but they’ll be placed into Diamond level matches based on the highest division player in the party.
(…)

And this one →
Source: https://competitive.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-pvp-league-season-two

For players that queue as a pre-made group, the pip range that we’ll use to find you both teammates and opponents will be based off of the player with the highest division placement in your group (which, as a reminder, is a change that we’ve already introduced to the game prior to the end of season one).

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

There is no need for separate team queue at the moment. There are not that many organized premade team to begin with.

There are only two types of premade you see in ranked these days:
1. A few good players decide to team up to farm the queue and climb up rank quickly.

2. Average or below average players just team up casually for various reasons.

No.1 is exactly what ppl don’t like playing against. It should not exist in a competitive queue system where majority are solo/duo queuers. No.2 should just go play unranked. If you want to chill and have some fun, why join a queue that is designed for competitiveness.

If you really want to progress as a team, you should enter those small tournaments.

With a real more competitive queue, it will also be easier to recognize the better players to form your team.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I still don’t see the reason for not having solo ranked, team ranked and unranked triple Q.

If majority of populations are solo/duoQ, having a team ranked Q hardly impact on players in solo/duoQ, it’ll eliminate the possibility of roflstomping disorganised group while allowing teamQ players to fight against unknown foes. It also won’t suddenly dramatically increase solo/duoQ’s queuing time since, as many of you suggested, majority of ranked population we have now compose of solo/duoQ.

If teams want to play it competitively, they queue for ranked teamQ and fight other unknown premades competitively. That is the very nature of group competition and they’re weighing their own risk of finding better opponents. Sure it feels bad to lose a fight after 30 min queue, but at least it provides a way for teams to improve as oppose to the poll we have now. The polls we have now will inevitably cause teams to continue stomping solo/duoQ players in unranked.

Now that you can queue in hotjoin/arenas/any places it also means teams can practice in pvt arenas while waiting for long queues. So having pvt arenas is hardly a reason to eliminate team ranked Q.

And no, if we have 3 separate queues players can hardly abuse “premade teams” to get their precious skritt shiny badges that, cough cough, everyone is jealous about. You’re contradicting yourselves when you suggest that along with teamQ having longer queue times, even if the team wins most of their matches.

If teams want to play casually or want quick match, unranked is still the way to go.

Having team ranked Q won’t be resource demanding either, since generating that algorithm is hardly more difficult than others and they already have the data from before.

All in all, there shouldn’t be any logical reasoning why various playerbase in this game should be mutually exclusive or eliminated altogether. The more option there is for players the better. I solo/duoQ in all the seasons I played and I’m against having this either/or mentality, because the implementation of teamQ and soloQ should be an opportunity to benefit everyone. So stop letting your own personal emotions get in the way and classify all those who want tripleQ as evil trolls that like to ruin other people’s fun. You’re only dumbing down the argument to pitiful child name callings.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This game is never going to be anything more than off-off-off-Broadway esports.

Overwatch and CS are Hamilton and this game is Val Kilmer doing monologues as Abe Lincoln on open mic night at a coffee shop in Van Nuys.

Put in both Ranked Team Queue to appease the people that don’t get that nobody is going to play it and put in solo/duo ranked for the masses. Should have been done 4 years ago along with skill splits. I’ve been asking for it and giving reasons for it for four years.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

This game is never going to be anything more than off-off-off-Broadway esports.

Overwatch and CS are Hamilton and this game is Val Kilmer doing monologues as Abe Lincoln on open mic night at a coffee shop in Van Nuys.

Put in both Ranked Team Queue to appease the people that don’t get that nobody is going to play it and put in solo/duo ranked for the masses. Should have been done 4 years ago along with skill splits. I’ve been asking for it and giving reasons for it for four years.

I completely agree.

Also most pre mades don’t really play ranked leagues to compete. They mostly play it so they don’t have to compete.(IE. Being able to fight other not pre made teams of PUGs that don’t have TS. For the most part the communication advantages these teams have against randoms are supremely huge. More times then not easy wins/farms unless they are just that horrible of player in which cases communication can’t save them.)

If the pre made teams truly wanted to compete and test their skills against equal teams they go the route of the ESL players, and pre made in actual events.(Where they are forced to fight against other pre mades and not teams of randoms.)

Moral of this post you want to not compete and play casually with a pre made their are unranked at least just for one season. If you truly want to compete then go up against other coordinated pre mades and not teams of randoms, in the actual events. Only group of pre mades I see this change being a problem for. Are the ones who can’t play without john or jane holding their hands the whole match to 5v 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 &1 or the such. Which cases these pre mades are completely hostile to any form of competitive that Ranked sPvP might be trying to pull.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: phabsmula.4231

phabsmula.4231

I can’t see why arenanet would even CONSIDER forcing players to not team up with their fellow guildies/friends in ranked pvp. The whole point is to get a group together that understands rotations and how things work to gain the advantage. It’s not our fault that the ones who solo queue all the time are losing! I’d rather have it be forced 5 man teams for ranked. OR have 2 seperate ranked queue’s, one for single and two man squad and the other for full on teams. Otherwise, there’s no point.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The reason is simple ANet has allowed unfair management of sPvP ranked leagues. To the point the community has gone beyond critically low. To the other point that ANet was forced to come to terms that Pre Mades and a sustaining sPvP community can’t not exist together at this point.

This is what most “call damage control”. Yes we are now at this stage. If ANet fail to lure solo players back into the game. There will be not future for sPvP in the game. So much for the so called trickled down economics, failing in MMOs across the broad just is it’s imploding on it’s self IRL.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The reason is simple ANet has allowed unfair management of sPvP ranked leagues. To the point the community has gone beyond critically low. To the other point that ANet was forced to come to terms that Pre Mades and a sustaining sPvP community can’t not exist together at this point.

This is what most “call damage control”. Yes we are now at this stage. If ANet fail to lure solo players back into the game. There will be not future for sPvP in the game. So much for the so called trickled down economics, failing in MMOs across the broad just is it’s imploding on it’s self IRL.

GvG, GvG, GvG, GvG, GvG… You get my drift.
The game needs a revolution, something big and new.

Bring GW1 pvp back. We thought Stronghold was going to be it but it wasn’t. It’s time for the real deal.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I don’t play in teams much any more, but it seems strange to not let teams queue at all. Isn’t this meant to be a team based game?