The PvP Mantra of MMOs

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

It’s the foundation of every PvP forum of every MMO ever released, zealously followed by your average player with no fail at every turn, it goes like this:

-Class I play is underpowered
-Class I beat easily is balanced
-Class I barely beat needs a shave
-Class that beats me is OP and needs huge nerfs

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

They hate us cuz they ain’t us

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

It’s the foundation of every PvP forum of every MMO game ever released, zealously followed by your average player with no fail at every turn, it goes like this:

Fixed that for you.

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It’s the foundation of every PvP forum of every MMO game ever released, zealously followed by your average player with no fail at every turn, it goes like this:

Fixed that for you.

To be fair, most non-mmo games don’t have classes competing against each other.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Fixed that for you.

To be fair, most non-mmo games don’t have classes competing against each other.

Well, thats not true. Just checked twitch for example, from the top 10 games, 7 have a competitive with defined roles, and 2 are offline based games.

M I L K B O I S

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

It’s the foundation of every PvP forum of every MMO ever released, zealously followed by your average player with no fail at every turn, it goes like this:

With this basic knowledge, many pvp mmorpg did introduce a concept of Rock, Paper, Scissor to balanced things up.

This spice things up. Having a tri party to balanced make it fairer than a 2 party.

With removal of viable support amulet… Anet removed the tri party balanced.

Developer have balanced matrix sheet to adjust all the skills scaling from attributes.

Messing with those without thinking about the tri party balanced, make big balanced shift from one to the other left.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

The PvP Mantra of MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

So would you conclude it would be better to shut down pvp or balance forum and don’t let player be vocal on balance and let professional (game developers who actually learned and practised their job for many years on different games) do their job instead of emotionally involved players?