The Season 2 Emotional Support Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Simple thread with simple purpose. Post your most frustrating losses due to incompetent teammates so we can all share our pain.

I’ll start.

-Losing a 480-500 match because our teammate went to go 2v1 a downed body.

-Losing a match with a 100 point lead because teammates decided to go kill beasts allowing enemy thief to steal them and enemy team to decap points…. this one really hurt as I was about to finally hit Sapphire.

-Getting stuck with bad necro and dragonhunter bandwagoneers who could not win a single 1v1 therefore constantly losing held points while playing on Legacy.

Those are just off the top of my head. Been unable to hit Sapphire for the 3rd day in a row as I keep getting these kinds of people all while pretty consistently being in the top 2 scores. It hurts guys.

Now your turn.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I spent 2 days in Emerald Division getting teammates who refused to peel and couldn’t sustain in team-fights let alone win their 1v1s. It was the most frustrating experience that I’ve ever had in this game. However, after 5 separate losing streaks, the match-making suddenly decided to start giving me decent teammates I could actually count on, and now I’m getting consistent win-streaks and breezing through Sapphire Division.

Just a little bit ago, I almost lost a match thanks to another regular forum poster on this PvP forum swapping between Thief and Guardian multiple times during the match.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Had a 3v3 on home point in temple, we win and I lead out to go for mid or far. Looking at the mini map I notice home xed up immediately after we left, the rest of my team were behind me. I reverse go back into home point, no-one follows me, the other 2 of their team then a 3rd comes back in kills me and take our point. None of my team even tried to stop them or even seemed to realise what was going on even though I’d put a message in chat, they just blithely went on to mid or far.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

1 more win to tier up. Kyhlo was choosen. Our theif proceeds to sit on treb the entire game, even repairing it 3 times! The funny thing that we were coming back from a 100 point deficit when he wasn’t on it, and was even ahead for a moment. But he decided to go on the treb to lose by over 100 points.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

1 more win to tier up. Kyhlo was choosen. Our theif proceeds to sit on treb the entire game, even repairing it 3 times! The funny thing that we were coming back from a 100 point deficit when he wasn’t on it, and was even ahead for a moment. But he decided to go on the treb to lose by over 100 points.

There are definitely people whose sole purpose in pvp is to camp siege. Knew this one clown guardian who camped skyhammer (hj) with gs/ham soldier back in the day. Still feel for the guy, kinda.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Had 3 games in a row with a ranger on my team who must have been wearing a zerker amulet. Every single engagement he died in 1 hit, a single hit pretty much put him in a down state. I asked him to try out Marauders or Paladins and was ignored. Had a Rev on my team who ran Herald but wouldn’t put the toggles on for any swiftness, might or fury, just never used the utilities.

As for matches, more horror stories then I’d like to admit. I’m an upbeat guy, balance doesn’t really bother me and I’m in Emereld now but the wins I’ve had have all been by over 300 points, get 2 or 3 in a row then get on a loss streak of 7 or 8 in a row and none of those my team scores over 100 points. I understand how the system works, but the inconsistency in the matches and the competitiveness has me at a loss on what to do.

I’m by no means an exceptional player. I kitten, win some, lose some. Getting 2 pips for breaking a loss streak then losing 4 more and making the double pip redundant the. Breaking that loss streak and the. Another 3 losses in a row etc makes it all feel kind of pointless.

I hated the Amber shopping last season, but once they changed that the system was pretty good IMO. Extra pips for a good win, no pips lost for a close loss etc. even if they took away the ability to gain a pip from a loss on the old system I would have been far happier.

As it stands, I log in, take my 3 losses in a row, then log off. Rinse and repeat every few hours.

in PvP

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Look, I get it feeders, you want to 1v1.

But its not shameful to admit defeat.

So you can’t 1v1 that engi. Or that rev.

No one is asking you to.

So just, for the love of all things eSports, stop feeding.

No more of that gung ho attitude.

Look for someone else to 1v1. Wait till you can 2v1 him.

You don’t see me 1v1 that druid, do you?

Please, to all the feeders in the game. Stop. Just stop.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Lost a 12 point game because I was playing drunk, sorry team.

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

“can someone come close at the start incase someone comes to attack me?”

in-case.

In-case.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: unconnectedjink.7609

unconnectedjink.7609

Last two nights I’ve been stuck on T3 of Emerald. Win two pips, lose two pips.

Win two pips. Lose two pips.
Win two. Lose two.

Because I’m getting paired with teams who won’t communicate. Or that one idiot who keeps throwing themselves on far when, you know, we had mid and they could have helped to hold it…

Or getting beast. When we have a 20 point lead.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Last two nights I’ve been stuck on T3 of Emerald. Win two pips, lose two pips.

Win two. Lose two.

Because I’m getting paired with teams who won’t communicate. Or that one idiot who keeps throwing themselves on far when, you know, we had mid and they could have helped to hold it…

Or getting beast. When we have a 20 point lead.

So much this^.

I’m not claiming to be a great player, but I think I’m fairly good. But I seem to be placed on teams with members have clear knowledge gaps that make you wonder how did you get this high.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Win two. Lose two.

My GW2 life right now in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Win two. Lose two.

If you’re in my position (mid sapphire) I think this is probably a good sign. We’re riding the front of the wave, which means we can slowly work our way pretty much to the top. There aren’t a TON of players in ruby or diamond at this point so we’re basically in legendary. I’m rocking a, like, 1.65 steps forward, 1 step backwards rate.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Win two. Lose two.

In before someone tells you some BS that you are where you should be. There seems to be a lot of people in this boat is map chat is anything to go by.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Today I had a 3v5 experience.

2 minutes in to the match, someone DCs.
About 6 minutes in to the match another DCs.
At the end of the match, we only lost 500 to 430.
I was raged while lol’ing.
I felt confused later.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Win two. Lose two.

The only mollification I get out of any of this — and it’s only a slight amount — is that I’m not the only one living in this same hell. T4 Emerald, and I can’t even break into T5 if my life depended on it, let alone Sapphire.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Posted by: unconnectedjink.7609

unconnectedjink.7609

Win two. Lose two.

In before someone tells you some BS that you are where you should be. There seems to be a lot of people in this boat is map chat is anything to go by.

Was Duoing with a DH friend of mine the other day. He was keeping off the cap, trying to draw the bunker off it and the other DH kept running in and dying in a few seconds. It was embarrassing.

And this DH was the one who decided to send several abusive tells to my friend. Between the extreme AFK’ing, DC’ing, and kitten talking, I’m wondering why I keep hopping on after work anymore.

Oh, right. Because I intend on standing in The Reach with a diamond next to my name. Even if it drives me to rip my hair out first.