The Thief.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Hey guy I’m posting a 1 minute video (sorry for the bad quality) on the thief’s ability to stealth and perma evade till their healing skill recharges. In the video you will notice that the thief stealths without traits till his healing skill recharges. The perma evade only uses 15 trait points for extra dodge and vigor. Both styles of play can be used with any range of builds based on their low trait point requirement.

Enjoy.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

And all done with only mouse clicks.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

and useless, -1 on team.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

So you can be invisible 24/7. Real useful.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Stand in blast finisher > revealed thief

I made a similar video showing that mesmers, unlike popular belief, can also maintain phantasms for over a minute unless killed. Same thing happens with necro pets! That’s insane!

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Idk I just wanted to show how the low trait point cost allows many build possibilities. XD

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Idk I just wanted to show how the low trait point cost allows many build possibilities. XD

lol this doesn’t allow for anything except being useless.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

^^this

stealth is actually disadvantage in capture point games

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

kittening nice, I’m gonna try it in tpvp!!!!

than you!!

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

^^this

stealth is actually disadvantage in capture point games

Stealth may be but the SB is ideal for holding a point. I guess stealth would be better in wvw or 1 vs 1 XD. If the stealther can take out a tank it might be viable for capping points in a thief vs tank setting.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: nyqwist.2360

nyqwist.2360

If the stealther can take out a tank it might be viable for capping points in a thief vs tank setting.

Can you please elaborate how the kitten going in stealth for 30 seconds are going to kill a tank quicker, or help the thief capture a point?

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

If the stealther can take out a tank it might be viable for capping points in a thief vs tank setting.

Can you please elaborate how the kitten going in stealth for 30 seconds are going to kill a tank quicker, or help the thief capture a point?

No no I’m saying If the thief can kill and then cap after the kill, he can use the stealth as a means for taking down tanks. For example, If it takes a thief 30sec to take down a tank. (the time it takes for their longest healing skill to recharge. A glass cannon would die while the thief with stealth can use a small frame of his stealth to heal up an eventually take down the tank. (Regardless of stealth, a point can,t be capped with the tank on it XD) If you put your mind to it, allot of stuff can be used in tpvp. I’m sure there are other ways to use stealth.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Just remove stealth from the game already and buff thief accordingly.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

perma stealth = perma useless.

Just remove stealth from the game already and buff thief accordingly.

That’s just something other classes say. Thief won’t be buffed even if it loses stealth, S/D is still complained about by ignorant people.

All is vain.

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I’m not talking about buffs nerfs but don’t you think its a little closed minded to state perma stealth is useless?

The Thief.

in PvP

nyqwist.2360

No no I’m saying If the thief can kill and then cap after the kill, he can use the stealth as a means for taking down tanks. For example, If it takes a thief 30sec to take down a tank. (the time it takes for their longest healing skill to recharge. A glass cannon would die while the thief with stealth can use a small frame of his stealth to heal up an eventually take down the tank. (Regardless of stealth, a point can,t be capped with the tank on it XD) If you put your mind to it, allot of stuff can be used in tpvp. I’m sure there are other ways to use stealth.

I have almost absolutely no clue about what you’re talking about, but to me it seems like you’re trying to say that having this 30s stealth would give you some kind of advantage when fighting, since your healing skill would be refreshed when you get out of it.

Well I’m sorry, but that’s really kittening stupid. You see, the alternative would be simply disengaging and get out of combat. You would regenerate your full health, and be fighting again, probably before this “30s stealth” would have gone out.

But that’s really not the point you see. In high-end gameplay there’s simply no possibility for a member on a team to disappear for thirty seconds. If there is a fight going on, leaving it for so long will often result in simply wasting your time going in again since the fight will be lost. As a D/P thief, you might as well could have died, respawned in 15s and returned to say, mid or far point in 15s. As someone else before me said, it’s simply useless, one less player for thirty seconds on that team.

Prolonged periods of stealth is certainly something that needs to be nerfed, but you’re having the wrong take on it, it’s not that you could stack stealth for yourself as a thief and wait for your heal. It’s more about smoke fields in general. With blast finishers, you can stack stealth up to the duration of a shadow refuge (10s) and more without any issue at all. What does 3 or 4 members of a team randomly popping up anywhere on the map bring to the game? Is that really fine even though there’s no real counterplay to it?

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

nyqwist.2360. I understand your frustration but you are on the losing side here when saying perma stealth needs to be nerfed it doesn’t. Perma stealth and perma evade were intended mechanics. They will not be nerfed. Rather you should use them to your advantage. Here is something amazing that we have a guarantee wont be nerfed unlike other classes. Furthermore, players forget that points are gained from killing players. If you manage to only kill on a thief and never get killed there is a slight advantage as well although very small.

On another note. People are often misguided with the way perma stealth works. In a real match players don’t just stand there invisible. They backstab and hit with the dagger or condition with the pistol depending on weapon choice. They stealth when they feel there is a depletion of their hp. usually by this point the players healing skill is almost but not quite recharged. Stealth gives them,… say an extra 5sec or whatever they need to fill that time gap and come out of stealth at full while their enemy is a the whims on either conditions or a 5k backstab. To counter reveal you simply use your dodge mechanic. pulling 3 dodges and some blind is not terribly hard to do before reentering stealth. That is why stealth is effective. Try using it XD.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: bril.5486

bril.5486

I’m not talking about buffs nerfs but don’t you think its a little closed minded to state perma stealth is useless?

Not at all because it doesn’t help you take/hold a node, it doesn’t kill your enemy. Matter of fact all it does it HELP the other team because you may as well just stay in the starting area…

The Thief.

in PvP

nyqwist.2360

nyqwist.2360. I understand your frustration but you are on the losing side here when saying perma stealth needs to be nerfed it doesn’t.

Mate I’m sorry, was this just a thread were you wanted to be helpful and inform players about something possibly useful? If that’s the case I apologize, my mindset is automaticly set to a standard, thought it was another “QQ-thread” were you showed the community supposedly extremely OP features.

I apologize.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Um you don’t have perma anything, you just end the video when you run out of cooldowns

The Thief.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Um you don’t have perma anything, you just end the video when you run out of cooldowns

I was mainly showing the ability to evade/stealth for the cool-down duration of a healing skill without traits. I would have loved to post a traited video of evade spamming for an hour but I figured it’s already common knowledge that perma stealth/evade can be done. My main goal was to show that, contrary to many players belief, you don’t need heavy traiting to evade or stealth long enough to heal up. This realization will possibly open doors for more thief build diversity. XD

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I was mainly showing the ability to evade/stealth for the cool-down duration of a healing skill without traits. I would have loved to post a traited video of evade spamming for an hour but I figured it’s already common knowledge that perma stealth/evade can be done. My main goal was to show that, contrary to many players belief, you don’t need heavy traiting to evade or stealth long enough to heal up. This realization will possibly open doors for more thief build diversity. XD

dude, all you do with stealth in the video is pop refuge and then heartseeker through black powder (very inefficiently btw). every thief and their mother knows this, every thief knows he can pop refuge and stay in stealth waiting for cooldowns at least once in a fight. In fact, if you’re going to do this you will be better off if you just break out combat and comeback, no need to waste refuge.
and evade s/d thief has been a meta build for like 8 months now, you’re not discovering the wheel lol oh yeah and watch out for that double shortbow bunker thief meta.

The Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Don’t know why you guys have to be so harsh on the guy. Constructive criticism works just as well. The community on these forums is a kittening cancer. Nobody uses respectful criticism ever. Its just rage posts with hate which makes someone else/the op respond with a rage post/hate and it goes on and on. The guy was just trying to show a tactic he thinks would help someone else. Anybody that comes into these forums and starts reading will just get angry themselves from reading the hate posts that other people are saying that might relate to their point of view on every single topic on these forums. Its so cancerous that I get sucked into it sometimes. Meh.